Photo

Angels and Demons

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

Poll: Approval Votes (4 member(s) have cast votes)

Join or won't join?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#61 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 04 July 2008 - 02:04 PM

Also, Christianity does have a third type of spiritual being. There are the angels and the demons (fallen angels) and the nephilim, angels who were banished to Earth after they mated with human women. They are, therefore, half angel and half human, and all awesome. :)

Norse mythology is the well known version, true, but Slavic mythology would be far simpler for this, and would cut out the whole bit about the elves and dwarves, which we agreed are to be left out of this. In the Slavic mythos they also have a world tree which is either an oak or a pine, tales vary, but it only has three levels: sky, earth and underworld. The sky and the earth were often allied against the underworld, although the underworld was, according to most studies, seen as a bright and joyful place, known as Virey, a word which has transmuted over a few thousand years and many invasions and occupations into the English 'verdant'. That should give you some idea.

Not perfect, I admit, but it's a slightly closer approximation of what we seem to have had in mind than the Norse. Anyway, we can happily change whatever the hell we like. That's the point of creativity :grin:
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#62 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 05 July 2008 - 02:47 AM

yeah, slavic removes all evles and dawves... but comes to a big snag when it says "hell is a nice place, of eternal summer and green fields"....

of coarse, we dont have to stick with just one religion, you could mix a whole heap of them into one, taking bits and pieces from each...
(hey, what about multiple 'places' in heaven and hell? then we can name each after a heaven and hell from a different religion, that way you dont have to use norse worlds of dawves, elves, and stuff:

Hells:
Sheol, Hades, Pugnatory, Niflheim, Tartarus, Naraka, Hell, Xibalba, Abaddon, Gehenna

Heavens:
Asgard, Olympus, Heaven, Eden, Vanaheim

(ones in italic could maybe be shadow reaper worlds?)

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#63 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 05 July 2008 - 08:33 AM

Or we could just make it up completely :p Or we could even let Myself get a word in edgeways :p Either way, we need this to come to a decision before someone decides it's not worth the effort and everyone gives up. Personally, I like the idea of multiple heavens and hells, gives you a lot more variety :p
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#64 True Lord of Chaos

True Lord of Chaos

I have returned, mostly out of boredom.

• Members
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 05:54 PM

That's a good idea. The ones in italics would be spiritreaper regions.

Hello everyone. I am back.

#65 Byakuya Kuchiki

Byakuya Kuchiki

Runs with Scissors

• Members
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 09:44 PM

Still need a vote, needs 2 approvals other then the creator.

Posted Image

#66 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 05:49 AM

well i voted yes before the second poll option came along, so i cant vote in that bit....

but yeah, once everything is all sorted i guess i'll join in.

Posted Image

#67 Fire Ze Missiles!

Fire Ze Missiles!

Lord High NukeMaster

• Members
  • 1,200 posts
  • Projects:The Ziggurat generally, Apocalypse in particular.
  •  Refuses to be beaten by Vortigern.

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:51 AM

Before requesting Myself, you need to absolutely get the mythos/background ironed out. Choose what you wanna use and use it. If I like it then I'll join :mellow:
Of course I don't look busy; I did it right the first time.
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
FZM and Vort don't do tag wrestling...but if they did, they'd probably be the worst tag-wrestlers in the world.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Oh for fuck's sake!

#68 True Lord of Chaos

True Lord of Chaos

• Members
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 04:17 PM

I'm going to use FZM's plot because it's a lot better then my original one, and for the worlds, since it would be nice to have more than one area in a celestial plane, I'll go with SWG's worlds. The guilds, I'm going to keep but not have them as sub-forums.

#69 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:29 PM

ok, so wait... are we going to be able to be all three 'beings', or can we only be angels and demons? or only angels? or what?
(cause if we are demons and angels, then that means that the only real places we go is the shadowreapers realms... where as if we are just angels, we can fight through the shadowreapers hells and the demonic hells...)

heaven, hell and hades... lol the three main places

anyway, also think of how the people are going to work...
are you going to have 'character classes' or just freeform of how we choose to be?

Posted Image

#70 True Lord of Chaos

True Lord of Chaos

• Members
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:46 PM

I was thinking that if we were all three, then we could go to each of the places, like if the demons are planning an assault, then they go to heaven, and the angels currently in heaven could defend it.

Also, there won't exactly be character classes, because that's harder without a specific skill set, so you'll have freeform characters. The guilds will be run mostly by having to do jobs, and each guild is against the other two, so sometimes you'll get jobs from me telling you to, say, steal something from another guild, or do things :mellow: to a member of a different guild.

#71 Fire Ze Missiles!

Fire Ze Missiles!

Lord High NukeMaster

• Members
  • 1,200 posts
  • Projects:The Ziggurat generally, Apocalypse in particular.
  •  Refuses to be beaten by Vortigern.

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:52 PM

Cool. So it's PVP then?
Of course I don't look busy; I did it right the first time.
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
FZM and Vort don't do tag wrestling...but if they did, they'd probably be the worst tag-wrestlers in the world.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Oh for fuck's sake!

#72 True Lord of Chaos

True Lord of Chaos

• Members
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 12:17 AM

yeah, but the person who dies is determined by a death roll like in apoc, so we can have both people come out just injured, unable to kill the other, or have one person come out clean, unscaved, while the other person is lying in a pool of blood.

#73 Byakuya Kuchiki

Byakuya Kuchiki

Runs with Scissors

• Members
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 01:51 AM

Ok, locking the chat topic for this subject. Open another topic with the updates so I can get everything straight.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users