• Please log in to reply
1742 replies to this topic

#21 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:00 PM

I'm going to use it :p

Well, it all started about 2 months ago. We had to write essays for natuur/scheikunde. In Enlish that's something like um...chemstry and that one thing where you learn about the nature and stuff, like speed and movement and how fast things fall...

There were 2 parts of the essays, my part, a story about your ears and hard sounds, and one about a practicum we had to do. I finished my part in time, and we got a 8.7 for it. (yay go me!) The other part was so bad, we had like, 3 of the 15 points. That was for titel and names and things you need for it. And we got a 2 for it... Plus a 4.8 for a test, the 2 made me so angry at those other kids! They actually do nothing in class. One is ill most of the time, because he's afraid of tests. One is so anoying and uses his fingers ast army guys. And one is so...well...she is to shy and very...what a shy kid is.

Now, I only have a 5.5 on my mark list thingy, and I may not even get to VWO3, just because those stupid kids couldn't make a good essay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you CIL for making this topic.

Sounds familiar... I had to do that too a couple of years ago, heck, it may even have been the same assignment... Where in Holland do you live? ;)

I've dealt with problems like this before. I used to be incredibly motivated, but now I'm not anymore thanks to issues like this, though I still get excellent marks for the things that do matter. I will no doubt pass my exams and after that I'm going to the university in Amsterdam... So ye, no complaints here.

Anyway, these shitty things can kill your motivations to do your best for werkstukken. Best to tell the teacher, y.

I kind of like the idea of this thread actually... Best used to through mediocre bad stuff that happened to you in this topic when you're in a bored mood. Not really for 'venting your anger', that's what friends are for after all, or a therapist :p
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#22 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:31 PM

In Enlish that's something like um...chemstry and that one thing where you learn about the nature and stuff, like speed and movement and how fast things fall...

Those subjects would be Biology,Chemistry and Physics by the way.

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#23 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts
  • Projects:Lurking
  •  I'm a physician now. Scary, right?

Posted 16 April 2009 - 04:38 AM

I'm thoroughly annoyed... I just dropped and broke a $5k violin bow today... and what's worse is that my family, living on food stamps, cannot afford to replace it.

Edited by CIL, 21 April 2009 - 09:24 PM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#24 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:50 AM

What the fuck!? A $5'000 violin bow? How is that even possible? Is it made with hair of the white rhino and a tree that hasn't grown since the early Cretaceous period, hand-crafted by Leonardo da Vinci's ghost? If the bow's worth that much, how much is the accompanying violin worth? Also, I recommend you get severely padded floors everywhere you go and a giant rubber shoes to catch it just in case.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#25 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 16 April 2009 - 03:58 PM

Meh, the adapter of my external HDD just broke... And I don't want to cough up €50 to buy a new adapter, but I kinda have to, since I keep all my stuff on it :S

Edited by Allathar, 16 April 2009 - 03:59 PM.

It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#26 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 16 April 2009 - 04:47 PM

I'm hungry, and I'm sick, but I don't want to eat...

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#27 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:49 PM

I have a solution!

Do some modding!

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#28 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:31 PM

Sorry, I just ate...
Well, some hours ago...
Anger case closed

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#29 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:03 PM

Now I'm angry. :p

#30 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:33 PM

I'm thoroughly annoyed... I just dropped and broke a $5k violin bow today... and what's worse is that my family, living on food stamps, cannot afford it.

You need to set your priorities straight.

#31 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:43 PM

Sounds familiar... I had to do that too a couple of years ago, heck, it may even have been the same assignment... Where in Holland do you live? :p

I live in Zevenaar :crazed:

I'm thoroughly annoyed... I just dropped and broke a $5k violin bow today... and what's worse is that my family, living on food stamps, cannot afford it.

Isn't there something like...um...when something doest work anymore that you get a new one?
Posted Image

#32 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:21 PM

Not when your "family, living on food stamps, cannot afford it" :crazed:

Unless you meant warrant? maybe they didn't have one...

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#33 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:33 PM

So I'm making between $50 and $150 over a two-week span, don't have a driver's license (which I'm about to get), will then need to pay $75 a month on car insurance (after getting said license), going to be a senior in high school, and will have a child to pay for in less than a month.

Not so much anger as cynicsm, no? That said I probably spelled it wrong.

Yipee.

Edited by mike_, 17 April 2009 - 09:33 PM.

#34 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:38 PM

Indeed. Yay.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#35 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:39 PM

Well, Go Mike With A Little Baby! Didn't use one of those little guys? :crazed:
Posted Image

#36 Hearach

Hearach

title available

• Project Team
  • 350 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:40 PM

Could barely wake up in time for my guitar lessons on a Saturday before, now they've been moved 50 minutes earlier :crazed:

:p

Edited by Hearach, 17 April 2009 - 09:41 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:Trying to find meaning...
  •  The guy that is just a ghost.

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:26 PM

:crazed:
A stupid fucking idiot is on my bus, and has been, but he has gotten worse lately. It's so bad, even the BUSDRIVER is threating to kill him. Everyday he just:
A: Won't shut up.
B: Won't stop calling people Homos, Fags, Lesbians, Gays, and Pedifiles to name a few.
C: He won't stop telling dirty jokes, which I HATE!
And D: He thinks he is the center of the world.
...Yeah, and the ENTIRE student population, along with the small High school pop on the bus, want to beat the living crap out of the fucker.
So yeah.... Any help?

Edited by Ring of Fate, 19 April 2009 - 02:18 AM.

A changed man is only the same man with a different outlook of life.

#38 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 01:06 AM

do it?

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#39 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 18 April 2009 - 02:09 AM

Lift him up by his throat and threaten to rip his balls off or bite his voicebox out if he doesn't stop, preferably with a slight hint of madness in the eyes, if you can manage it. That's all been my preferred tactic for dealing with little shits. I in fact dealt with just such a shit in just such a way this very evening on the train while coming back from a concert. It's amazing how such small people can ruin the world in such a big way. For everyone's interest, the rest of the train said nothing against me and I did notice a couple of relieved and/or approving looks cast my way. :crazed:

Who says violence is never the answer?
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#40 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 02:49 AM

I do.

Just leave the kid alone, ever considered he might not be completely ''alright''? Who knows, what he's doing sounds rather like a form of autism. Wouldn't surprise me, what with him being on the same bus as you are. Yeah, you read that right.

Hey Floris, I live near Doetinchem, and I used to be at the Zevenaar station nearly every day. :crazed:

Oh and mike I suggest you don't get that car then.

Edited by Matias, 18 April 2009 - 03:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users