1742 replies to this topic

#41 LordTurgon

LordTurgon

Lord of Gondolin

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Projects:RC: ARC Trooper Mod

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:55 AM

I'm angry because Rhovanion Alliance will probably never be released in my lifetime! :p

RCMODFanPlayerS.jpg
291.jpg
RJ-mod_Fan.jpg
May Rhovanion Alliance Rest in Peace.

#42 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 18 April 2009 - 04:00 AM

Wouldn't that be a more Tourettes kind of thing?

Simply put,
Bite him and say the devil made you do it.
Works for me DIGI was bugging me and now do you see him around anymore? :p

Time for a mini vent from me.

Renting is getting too hard in my town,I want to move to a bigger place so I can start buying furniture and have room to put it.
But there are only a few places available that aren't really over priced unfortunately 1 is too far from my College the other has bad neighbours,guess I'll stay and try and get the Cockroaches to pay rent.

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#43 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 18 April 2009 - 05:05 AM

Yeah... already have the car (parents bought it, I'm slowly paying them back...) and it's pretty essential to my life in the next few years /:

#44 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts
  • Projects:Helm's Deep Last Hope
  •  One who is not afraid of new challenges

Posted 18 April 2009 - 05:44 AM

I do.

Just leave the kid alone, ever considered he might not be completely ''alright''? Who knows, what he's doing sounds rather like a form of autism. Wouldn't surprise me, what with him being on the same bus as you are. Yeah, you read that right.

QFT :p

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#45 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 18 April 2009 - 01:23 PM

I do.

Just leave the kid alone, ever considered he might not be completely ''alright''? Who knows, what he's doing sounds rather like a form of autism. Wouldn't surprise me, what with him being on the same bus as you are. Yeah, you read that right.

Yes, leaving him alone will really help solve the problem... That way the poor kid will never realize his behaviour. Even if he isn't ''alright'' it'll help getting through him and make him realize he's behaviour is quite disturbing, and he's making a fool of himself.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#46 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 18 April 2009 - 02:43 PM

They were talking about beating the guy up.

If he has autism (I doubt he has tourettes, sure as hell doesn't sound like it) chances are he either knows about his behaviour but can't help it, knows but doesn't care (because he can't) or he doesn't know and will get mad when you try tell him. Leave him alone or show some decent behaviour towards him, stay cool and nice, maybe he'll copy your behaviour when he realises there is no reason to be on the offense. If it doesn't help, contact some people who might have more of a clue then beating the shit out of him. You know, school counsellors.

Edited by Matias, 18 April 2009 - 02:47 PM.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#47 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 18 April 2009 - 02:48 PM

Beating him up is a bad thing, of course... I mean, for all you know you're beating up a mentally ill kid. Nay, I prefer the middle-solution and confront the kid with his behaviour (without getting agressive).

Edit: What Matias says.

Edited by Allathar, 18 April 2009 - 02:51 PM.

It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#48 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 18 April 2009 - 09:24 PM

Well, Go Mike With A Little Baby! Didn't use one of those little guys?

I would say that's a pretty sensitive subject that I'd advise you to stay well away from.

#49 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 18 April 2009 - 09:39 PM

Yeah... what he said.

#50 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 18 April 2009 - 11:38 PM

I just went to a birthday party where there was a very, very hyperactive kid. He'll grow out of it, but for now it's kind of annoying. :umad:
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#51 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 19 April 2009 - 12:46 AM

Well, Go Mike With A Little Baby! Didn't use one of those little guys?

Isn't the answer to that rather obvious?

Anyways, I'm glad I live 10 minutes from the train station and bus station... I get around without a car :D
Still, I'll probably need one soon, but since I've got the default Norwegian deal (well, at least for this part of the country), I get the lincence for free :umad:
Yeah, if I start smoking (even for a day and quit again) the deals off, but that's not a problem.. since I won't, never will do, never going to :p
I still need to buy the car, and with all the olla olla we have here, there's a lot of crappy things to pay, besides the car... :umad: oh well, I get the licence free :p
Don't know your prices, but here it costs about 5900 USD, roughly...

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#52 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:Trying to find meaning...
  •  The guy that is just a ghost.

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:18 AM

Matias, he is just a guy who doesn't give a shit if people hate him. But, he WILL give a shit when some starts to get fist fighting with his face. :umad: And he rides my bus because we happen to live near each other, like a few blocks apart. Oh, did I forget to mention.... Never mind about that for now, it will come in time....
And if I hurt him in ANY PHISICAL WAY, I'm dead from my mom's hand. :umad:
A changed man is only the same man with a different outlook of life.

#53 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

A man who used to be here

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 19 April 2009 - 04:34 AM

She brought you into this world, and she certainly knows how to take you back out! :umad:

#54 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 19 April 2009 - 05:17 AM

People don't "give a sh*t", as you so eloquently put it, because they're sick of putting up with others. (I'm sure people felt that way about me when I was sick of being targeted every time someone needed to vent on someone.) You may not have considered it, but if he's not mental he's probably going through the same kind of abuse that you so fairly want to put on him. I have no idea when the "Golden Rule" ceased to exist and people began to think that if someone annoyed them, they could punch that someone in the face. It's not "Do unto others as they do unto you;" it's "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." That doesn't mean that you have a right to beat him up. I think that Matias raised a very valuable point, and I agree with what he said as well.

Edited by ithilienranger732, 19 April 2009 - 05:18 AM.

BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#55 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:17 AM

(Pulls Ithilien on my bus)
Later....
(Ithilien goes crazy)
Ithilien: KIL THAT MOTHER F**ING BASTARD!
(Grabs a shotgun)
Me: God sent the Ring Of Fate to kill off the idiots. Today, IT KILLS!
:umad:
And noone was even BOTHERING HIM until he got annoying.

Edited by Ring of Fate, 19 April 2009 - 06:17 AM.

#56 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

A man who used to be here

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:42 PM

I think you highly underestimate Ithilien's resolve on this manner. ;) A resolve which I share...

Edited by Jeth Calark, 19 April 2009 - 01:43 PM.

#57 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:54 PM

I think you highly underestimate Ithilien's resolve on this manner. ;) A resolve which I share...

He does... drastically. Ringy, I've been on buses where the people were jumping over the seats and accidentally kicking me in the head while they did it. I put up with it, and now the guy who was always jumping over the seats is a friend of mine (we might not be best friends, but we know and like each other). Beating people up is never the answer. I don't know about you, but I actually try to be tolerant of others. Maybe you should do the same.

As for nobody bothering him, I'm guessing you're wrong. People never thought anything was bothering me because I never acted like it, so they thought that I was just being annoying for absolutely no reason. The real reason was that I was trying to get back at them. As for nobody caring about what you think of them, that's an ingrained habit that usually pops up when everyone is so prejudiced about you, you stop caring about what they think because the minute somebody new comes in, they'll become prejudiced unless you get there first, and if you get there first they might become prejudiced against the new kid just because they're a friend of "that weird one." That happened to me and one of my friends once, and for all I know it could be happening to him. Try to see both sides of it before you jump to conclusions.

Edited by ithilienranger732, 19 April 2009 - 01:58 PM.

BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#58 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 11:45 PM

;) I said it once, and I'll say it again:
NOONE HAS EVER BOTHERED HIM UNTIL HE GOT ANNOYING!
Whixh means it went like this:
Idiot: Hey, noone likes me, noone thinks I'm cool, noone is giving me attaention. I guess I'll annoy this SH*T out of everyone!
Everyone: (Readies guns for killing Idiot)
:shiftee:

Edited by Ring of Fate, 19 April 2009 - 11:45 PM.

#59 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 20 April 2009 - 12:32 AM

Bite him.

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#60 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Job:Leader

Posted 20 April 2009 - 12:37 AM

;) I said it once, and I'll say it again:
NOONE HAS EVER BOTHERED HIM UNTIL HE GOT ANNOYING!
Whixh means it went like this:
Idiot: Hey, noone likes me, noone thinks I'm cool, noone is giving me attaention. I guess I'll annoy this SH*T out of everyone!
Everyone: (Readies guns for killing Idiot)
:shiftee:

First of all, you don't know if nobody ever bothered him. There are other people or things that might bother him then the people on that bus. Second of all, I don't believe people do things for no reason. If you do, well, sucks to be you.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users