Ideas for Arnor

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 Anri1

Anri1
  • Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:30 AM

Hope the Imladris/Dunadain captains stay, I just started to like them :p . they are like berserkers in isengard.

They preaty helpfull(at least Imladris caps for now) and you can train them when have no resources for heroes.

Edited by Anri1, 27 April 2009 - 09:34 AM.

"Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of Men fails…. When we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day! An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down. But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth I bid you stand, Men of the West!"-King Ellessar

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

http://us.mnzeo.2y.n...wimoovevio.html - that's fun ;)

#42 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:16 PM

Perhaps the captains could stay, seeing as there weren't a great many heroes of renown in Arnor, and two of them are from earlier periods of time. If it was the time of Arnor's fall so many people have suggested, it would Be Arvedui, Aranarth, Carthean, Elrond and Glorfindel.

I'm not suggesting a change in the hero structure of the faction, just a recognition of the captain units, especially in the light of the fact that in comparison to the some of the other good faction, Arnor is fairly low on them, but enough to easily suffice.
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#43 Dunedain Lord

Dunedain Lord
  • Members
  • 195 posts
  • Projects:beating Yoda

Posted 27 April 2009 - 11:17 PM

Hope the Imladris/Dunadain captains stay, I just started to like them :blink: . they are like berserkers in isengard.

They preaty helpfull(at least Imladris caps for now) and you can train them when have no resources for heroes.

escept they provide leadership, are like mini heroes, and can really change the course of a battle with infantry. Nothing close to berserkers to me.
Sorry for the double post Yoda....
"Now, men of Arnor. Let us restore the glory of the Dunedain! To battle, and victory!" King Argeleb

#44 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts
  • Projects:Lurking
  •  I'm a physician now. Scary, right?

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:19 AM

1. I'd love to have Arnor have the most elite infantry in the game. It had more pure Dunedain blood than the South. Their training methods would also be superior.

2. I'd also love to see the Arnorian kings remade (Arvedui is done), with Arveleg in the 'normal' royal armor (an HD version of his current armor) and Argeleb just getting completely redone from scratch and using Eomer's anims. Argeleb's current skin is a reused Rohirrim skin from LotR: TTT for Xbox and PS2. He needs something more fitting and royal looking.

3. NO MORE HOBBITS! PLEASE!!! The Hobbits never played a large roll in anything save the events of the year 3019 of the 3rd age and the Quest for Erebor, let alone march to war on a regular basis.

4. Move silverthorne arrows to Elven barracks and the fire arrows to the smith.

5. Pikemen or spearmen for Arnor. Arnor had plenty of small passages and rocky terrain in which a row of pikes or spears would be more efficient and practical than a row of swords. I would advise them be amongst the most elite in the game, as Arnor is meant to be most alike Numenor, and Numenor was said to have incredible pike/spearmen.

6. Dunedain rangers to have toggle and captain to have actual powers, hopefully including a toggle. Perhaps you can have their melee weapons be random, as the rangers were said to have mastered all types of weapons.

7. Possibly mines with fuses for Dwarves. It just seems like something they'd have.

8. Move Elrond and replace him with a super Glorfindel worth about 4K resources. Cirdan also needs higher attack power or attack speed. His powers aren't worth the effort put into leveling him. Perhaps he could also have new skin... As much as I like Cel's work, I think the RJ team can do better than recycling his Cirdan skin. I also imagined Cirdan would use a spear. Firstly, they're more easy to master and easier to produce with quality. Secondly, most Mithlond units use spears. Why would their leader be different? Lastly, he was a Sindar (thouch counted amongst the Teleri in status and as/more powerful as (a) one/some who saw the light), and in the past, they used axes and, as they lived in the forest, likely spears and bows for the most part. Good wood would be in abundance and they would easily be able to make a very sturdy shaft for the spear from it. I honestly cannot bring myself to see the Sindar and Teleri as ZOMGWTFBBQ super elite soldiers wearing heavy armor and running around with claymores and longswords and shields smashing and slashing their way through everything they see or doing the same in light armor with two swords as I can the Noldor. I imagine the 3rd kin as running through the woods, impaling an opponent, running off and repeating or holding the enemies off with a wall of spears and shields to make up for their weakness compared to the other kins of Elves, impaling the imbeciles who actually go close to the wall.

Edited by CIL, 04 May 2009 - 10:20 PM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#45 Dunedain Lord

Dunedain Lord
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:25 PM

i agree with my heart on number 3, but what u said was wrong. Ever heard of hobbit archers? A lot of them
were fornost and i suspect they dealt nicely with some men in bree.
"Now, men of Arnor. Let us restore the glory of the Dunedain! To battle, and victory!" King Argeleb

#46 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:18 PM

There weren't that many. At most, there were 50.
I'm creeping, not gone.

#47 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:20 PM

I've heard 200 elsewhere.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#48 Dunedain Lord

Dunedain Lord
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:52 PM

ill be damned if there werent more than a few hundred.
fact of the matter, they werent gathered in haste like the battle of bywater. They went to fornost and had about 100 or more years to prepare for the epic battle.
And they did not suck. Dont you dare say hobbit archers suck.

Edited by Dunedain Lord, 04 May 2009 - 10:54 PM.

#49 Cal585

Cal585
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:03 AM

Hey guys, liking the mod, thought I'd join this site to get involved.

For another hero, how about Malbeth the Seer? Man of great renown, and would be a perfect and interesting support hero (for a reasonable cost as well?). He wouldn't necesarily be great in combat, and I'm unsure what powers he'd have, but following on from GW's lead and the fact that he was most likely part of the royal court, maybe powers like leadership, healing, bodyguard and truesight?
Feel free to shoot it down though.

#50 Hasfusel

Hasfusel

title available

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:51 PM

Hullo again.

I don't particularly see why Arnor has to have Glorfindel or Elrond. They are Elf faction heroes, this is already established. If you want to have a match with Arnor against Angmar, but have Elrond or Glorfindel in on the action, then make it a three player match with Elves involved, or something. Glorfindel is already an Elven hero; you don't just stick him in Arnor. That's the whole point of allies. Glorfindel wasn't a man of Arnor; he fought with them as an ally.
Círdan is a different case, however, since he did no fighting during the War of the Ring. Having him as an Elven or an Arnorian hero would be acceptable, but since he did all his fighting with Arnor, and he'd make a nice leader for Arnor's Mithlond mini-faction, I'd place him with Arnor. Besides, he wouldn't fit with Rivendell (which maybe could be renamed Eregion? It makes more sense I think), Lorien or Mirkwood. In Arnor he would make a unique late game wizard-fighter hero. I've already given suggestions for his powers in the Arnor section. I vote having Círdan with Arnor and Glorfindel/Elrond with the Elves where they belong, with the possibility of a summon power.
One more thing; on this note, maybe Círdan and Carthaen could only be purchasable from fortresses with their respective Elf/Dunedain allegiance upgrades? Also, on fortress maps such as Amon Sul, Arnor has no way of purchasing these upgrades short of building a new fortress, which in some cases is disabled. This needs fixing.

Malbeth the Seer could replace Círdan, but he isn't well known enought to make a splash with the players. It would be like those obscure dwarf heroes you insist on keeping.

Hobbit Archers I have no problem with.

Edited by Hasfusel, 05 May 2009 - 12:51 PM.

#51 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:00 PM

arnor and angmar exist in a different time period than the rest of the factions and as a result can be completely separated from them when building the faction. besides, having them as arnor heros reinforces the idea that the arnor faction is more of a conglomerate of allies than just the men of arnor. that is a more accurate representation of the war against angmar anyways.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#52 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:05 PM

Since everyone is hellbent on getting their ideas submitted and steamrolling any others, I'll just keep mine to myself until Rob starts on Arnor in earnest :thumbsupdrool:

#53 Dunedain Lord

Dunedain Lord
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:40 AM

i think u got that number form the battle of bywater as that was the number mentioned at the end of RotK.

#54 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 05:36 AM

I thought Malbeth ONLY made a prophecy about Arvedui being the last king. It proved to be somewhat true, as the royal line officially died out, but unofficially, so to speak, lived until it was accepted for what it was and it was crowned.
I'm creeping, not gone.

#55 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:06 PM

i think u got that number form the battle of bywater as that was the number mentioned at the end of RotK.

No, it was definitely in relation to the hobbits at Fornost.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#56 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:04 PM

The Shire sent a score of adventurous archers to the King of Arnor's aid. None returned.

#57 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:19 PM

And that was because with Arnor defeated, it fell to every standing Realm of the West to oppose Angmar; Elves, Men, even Hobbits if any where brave enough. It was beleived Arnor could hold the Witch-King at bay, but with victory in the Witch-King's grasp, the West had to be unified to defeat Angmar. It was division that befell Arnor.

As for Hobbits in Arnor, make them an Inn faction, realisitically if any hobbits felt it was in their will to aid Arnor, they would pledge alliegence but only in fewer numbers than their mannish neighbours, because there weren't many hobbits with adventurous spirit, especially with the Terror of Angmar.
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#58 Prototype-

Prototype-
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:00 AM

IMO, elven captains should stay, and the dunedain captain should only be removed if powers or weapon toggle arnt applied. Also, there should be more powerfull dunedain foot soldiers (mainly pikes)

#59 Eddywood123

Eddywood123
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:57 PM

I think that if you merged the excisting arnor with yours Eärendur you would get an unquie and formidable anror!!!!
:xd: :p

And def NO hobbits

#60 Prototype-

Prototype-
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:01 AM

the only major things i disagree with about earendur's arnor layout is the adding of glorfindel, and the removal of the basic archers and footsoldiers names from dunedain to arnor archers etc
the dunedain sorta sounded more like arnor.
but i guess this would prevent confusion between the rangers and common soldiers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users