#41 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 27 April 2009 - 02:49 PM

Well, it seems you've moved on to different things. Good luck. RA was going to be my reason for buying BFME1 when the first public beta was released. I'll look at the limited version and see whether it's worth the purchase.

I was going to say that.
There are some pretty good mods for BFME other than RA they definitely worth checking out.

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#42 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 27 April 2009 - 04:50 PM

And when you do release this "Limited Edition", do us all a favor......keep every last asset you have in it, even if it isn't used. Let us tinker privately with it, and dream......dream of what could have been. Who knows? Maybe a future generation of modders will be able to pick it up and add a little more to it, and bring it up from the ashes.......

Sorry, this is certainly not going to happen... far too much work 'borrowing' goes on when that kind of thing happens.

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#43 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

A man who used to be here

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 04:57 PM

Well, if not with the public, then with the leadership of the 3rd Age. The community shouldn't lose all of that work just because all of you guys cease to exist here and can no longer give it to a worthy mod in the future. :p

#44 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:00 PM

The work doesn't belong to the community, it belongs to the team.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#45 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:19 PM

True, and I never meant otherwise. It would still be a good gesture of faith.

Naturally, certain provisions would be attached.....all credit will have to be given to the original maker. And if a member of your team still just doesn't want to share, then his material would not be included.

And of course, the leadership wouldn't just hand it out to any mod that asked. A mod would have to prove themselves worthy of the material.

None of this would take effect though until the last RA team member disappeared. If there is a member of RA still around, he would have the final say on his stuff while he is still here.

Edited by Jeth Calark, 27 April 2009 - 05:21 PM.

#46 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:30 PM

You know Jeth, the way your acting just makes, at least me, not wanting to give anything to anyone :good:

Each team member decides what to do with his own work... He may offer it to a mod, he may be asked to lend it to a mod, and whatever it is, he makes the call... There are no "if he dissapears, let's take it all"... None made anything for the community to grab when he left...
I haven't made anything but a few anims, and if anyone wants them, I'd give it to them, because the anims aren't anything amazing, and it's nothing spectacular... It's just a few anims :p

If I made the dwarven buildings that Nert made, I would probably never have given it to anyone ;)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#47 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:53 PM

I'm not saying that the community gets to "grab everything" when a team member leaves.

The problem I see is that even if a team member would like to contribute his stuff to another mod, anything stored on his computer will be forever inaccessible the day he becomes unreachable (like Celeglin). So if he disappears, he won't be around to share the stuff he would like to with some great mod in the future.

So I'm proposing that the more generous team members leave copies of their stuff with the leadership of T3A, so in the event of their sudden departure, their generosity doesn't disappear with them.

And if a team member wants to attach any provisions to usage of the stuff (like, credit must be given, or it can only go to a well established mod), then he can do that as well, and the T3A leadership will respect those.

And if he doesn't like leaving his stuff in the hands of someone else in the future, then he doesn't have to do it.

It's all similar to what we are doing with the CE of TEA....

And yes, I plan to do this same thing with my mods....so even if I leave, my generosity won't. If I have team members, they will get to choose what they want with their stuff for the mod.

#48 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:18 PM

We're working out a request structure so that people can request files from us. For now, that's the best you're going to get. Besides, we have the great majority of the work on FTPs anyways, it woudn't be lost if people suddenly disappeared... well, with the exception of a lot of dwarf stuff. Plus, I plan to stick around for a while, i still have projects to finish.

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#49 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:21 PM

Quick! Upload the dwarf stuff! :p

A formal way to request stuff is an excellent idea. ;) Just keep it up till your death bed, and we all should have nothing to worry about. :good:

#50 NewErr

NewErr

Elf-friend

• Project Team
  • 2,177 posts
  • Projects:Wars of The Firstborn
  •  World Wide Artist

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:44 PM

OKKKK I didn't saw this coming :blink:
Though I was suspecting this might happen. :sad2:

I think i will get a bullet throw my head ... Anyway I admire your work guys , the ideas , the design , everything was just excellent and I bet you were an example for other guys that still mod. :good:
Too bad that has ended and so much work wasted , not all, but much time wasted .

#51 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:17 PM

Time wasted? Nah, your kidding, right?

Of all my modding time, I've had a blast! Time wasted, yeah kinda, but just the same way as childhood, and school... It's been fun, I've learned things, I've been way to much on my computer (that's time wasted though :blink:)...
And I'm sure every other RA member feels that way... Besides, what would we else have spent time on? :sad2:

edit: of course, you could probably call it time wasted on your side of the fence... I dunno, it's up to yourself if you regret waiting for RA :good:

Edited by Lauri, 27 April 2009 - 08:18 PM.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#52 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:24 PM

Agreed with the Norwegian.

#53 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:56 PM

I don't believe it was time wasted, RA drew many LotR fans from all over the world, and it showed them the potential in modding, in the expansion of Middle-earth to reflect something worthy of both the Peter Jackson films and JRR Tolkien, and moreover it inspires them to contribute, to expand their interests, to possibly become modders themselves. And they can go away and seek to fill in the places left by RA and other pondered mods which held potential in them, at least that's what I beleive, RA inspires.
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#54 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:09 PM

It's time well spent, forced me to learn so much.

sig.png

#55 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:37 PM

No! NO! I was under the impression that you were making some progress in the last couple of months, with all the sneak peaks and such. Now the BFME community (not BFMEII) is officially dead.

This is the mod that made me believe in BFME again... I followed it from the day it started. I remember members like Whopper, Swethrandir, Marten (or what was his name? The funny Dutch guy?) and the initial start. I can just as well break my game disc now.

This is a major blow for my never-ending optimism.

Edited by Mordor Slayer, 27 April 2009 - 09:40 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#56 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:53 PM

Matias was the funny Dutch guy!

Hey, BFME1 modding isn't dead. There's Echoes.

#57 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:54 PM

Oh my, yes. There's Echoes. And Echoes, let me tell you, will be epic.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#58 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:54 PM

BFME isn't dead. The past few months of RA inactivity we've still had plenty of overall activity.

So just chill - not all has gone awry, it is not time for the night.

Forgive me, Turambar :blink:

#59 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:56 PM

Not to mention that the wheels are slowly turning in Kings of the West; the Elven Alliance has seen a resurrection, and BFME I is (as of this time) the game of choice for the COPRO mod. :blink:

*kicks self* and Battles of Narnia in the future! :good:

#60 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:56 PM

And if a member of your team still just doesn't want to share, then his material would not be included.

You said that yourself, but you keep pushing...none of them want to share at this particular moment, so drop it and stop annoying them :blink:

Wow...four people peopled in the time it took me to write that...

Edited by Yoda_, 27 April 2009 - 09:57 PM.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users