115 replies to this topic

#61 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

A man who used to be here

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:04 PM

I did drop it, if you will notice Post #49. Before that point, Lauri kept misunderstanding me, so I had to keep explaining what I meant. :blink:

And yes, Echoes looks very impressive. I have been keeping a careful watch..... :good:

#62 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts
  • Projects:Lurking
  •  I'm a physician now. Scary, right?

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:29 PM

What a surprise...
It's really quite a shame. We all saw it coming, though.
I'm creeping, not gone.

#63 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:52 PM

There's a difference between seeing it coming and fearing it coming. Stop mixing the two up.
Posted Image

#64 MasterSilver

MasterSilver
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:54 PM

This mod was my introduction to mods, I never knew they existed thanks for that. Also this answers my question (dead, alive or just resting) :blink:. As long as a great first age mod is made, I think I will be very happy, and I think progress is being made by wars of arda and the four ages mod. Will members of the Rhovanion Alliance team join other mods or are most of you guys done for the most part? Thanks again, and for the record Nerta your dwarven stuff is legendary.
Peace,
MS

#65 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 28 April 2009 - 12:29 AM

No! NO! I was under the impression that you were making some progress in the last couple of months, with all the sneak peaks and such. Now the BFME community (not BFMEII) is officially dead.

How is it officially dead?
There's still Lone Wolf which will be finished and TEA,Echoes,Lauri's mod etc.

RA wasn't the only BFME mod in existance.

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#66 Canterbury

Canterbury

Master-at-Arms

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:06 AM

Although I have stopped following the mod for the past few years, I am saddened that this must come to an end. However, I do understand that life is a calling we all must take. I want to thank the team for their effort and dedication, creativity and skill. Although the mod is canceled, I was, as everyone else, marveled at what you have accomplished so far. But please, do not stand in defeat. The team has done as much as they can, until there is no more to be done.
Posted Image

#67 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:48 AM

Sorry for saying the BFME community was dead, I was overreacting a bit. It's just that it was the only BFME mod I was still following (no offence to the other modders). Guess I'll have to check out your work then =).

And about the funny Dutch guy: I wasn't talking about Matias but someone else. Forgot the name.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#68 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:41 AM

Isn't funny dutch an oxymoron? :blink:

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#69 Lord of Mordor

Lord of Mordor

Master of the One Ring

• Project Team
  • 170 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:13 AM

Now that's some depressing news... I was really looking forward to your dwarven structures, no other mod has anything like it.

Good luck on your next ventures, though, whatever they may be. :blink:

Build me an army worthy of Mordor!

HobbitBann5501.png

#70 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 28 April 2009 - 11:36 AM

I did drop it, if you will notice Post #49. Before that point, Lauri kept misunderstanding me, so I had to keep explaining what I meant. :blink:

Sorry, but I understood you all the time :good:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#71 Adamin

Adamin
  • Project Team
  • 180 posts
  • Projects:Edain Mod
  •  Skinner, 2D-Artist, Isengard-Freak

Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:16 PM

My best wishes to all the Rhovannion Alliance Members.

I don't want to say that I saw this coming. Actually I never thought of this. I always kept hoping. Dreaming of the day when I finally experience it myself. You had the best homage to Tolkiens dwarfes I ever saw.
Now, all I can do is saluting to you. You layed one of the BFME modding cornerstones. You already are legendary.

Thank you.

Edited by Adamin, 28 April 2009 - 08:16 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
-J.R.R. Tolkien-
"Obstacles are those terrible things you see when you take your eyes off your goals."
-Unknown-

#72 Baki

Baki

title available

• Project Team
  • 357 posts
  • Projects:TDH AI

Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:56 PM

OH No!

Just saw the note on the main page, and I knew what the message would be that was awaiting me here.
Well, it's sad that this mod must be cancelled, I always looked forward to the day when it would be released and I would play it through. But life goes on.
RIP RA.
Posted Image

#73 Dre@mer

Dre@mer

Maker of the Rise of Sauron mod

• Hosted
  • 475 posts
  • Projects:Rise of Sauron mod, RJ ROTWK
  •  Mapper, scripter, video maker.

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:13 PM

If I understand this correctly then the RA team is just changing their goals to more reasonable ones which I believe isn't something to feel bad about.

The "limited release" sounds great and people should be glad that they might get at least something to play with.

Edited by Dre@mer, 28 April 2009 - 05:14 PM.

#74 NewErr

NewErr

Elf-friend

• Project Team
  • 2,177 posts
  • Projects:Wars of The Firstborn
  •  World Wide Artist

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:34 PM

Time wasted? Nah, your kidding, right?

Of all my modding time, I've had a blast! Time wasted, yeah kinda, but just the same way as childhood, and school... It's been fun, I've learned things, I've been way to much on my computer (that's time wasted though :p)...
And I'm sure every other RA member feels that way... Besides, what would we else have spent time on? :p

edit: of course, you could probably call it time wasted on your side of the fence... I dunno, it's up to yourself if you regret waiting for RA :p

Like I said You guys were an Inspiration for moders , I'm one of them , and no , i Don't regret i waited so much time or it. Time wasted .. hmm I didn't meant to the time you spended learning . that's good an funny , I was refering that you burn your brains so much time only to give to the community , nothing , and all that really cool stuff was a waste...

#75 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:47 PM

Yeah, but think about it this way;

Most mods aren't made to the community, it's made to ourselves...
I started The 4th Age because I wanted to make a mod about it, I had ideas, made ideas, ect... It wasn't meant to be a mod for the community, it was meant as a mod for myself... If someone in the community wants to play it, then that's just great :p
Catch my drift?
RA's based on the concept of the vision of the team, something they would like to see in-game and play... At least as far as I know.. Having a community that wants it, gives opinions about things and activity, that's just a huge bonus in my eyes...
But don't worry, I'm sure (or, hoping) that most of the stuff made for RA will be to see in other mods eventually :p
edit: and also a huge motivation is it to have fans :p

Edited by Lauri, 28 April 2009 - 06:49 PM.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#76 NewErr

NewErr

Elf-friend

• Project Team
  • 2,177 posts
  • Projects:Wars of The Firstborn
  •  World Wide Artist

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:54 PM

Having a community that wants it, gives opinions about things and activity, that's just a huge bonus in my eyes...
But don't worry, I'm sure (or, hoping) that most of the stuff made for RA will be to see in other mods eventually :p
edit: and also a huge motivation is it to have fans :p

Yeah Fans , I think this keeps you guys up this time :p and really hopping to see your work in-game(my game :p) )

#77 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:02 PM

Fans are great motivations :p

Don't worry guys, I'll ensure you see most of the dwarf stuff at some point.

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#78 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:29 PM

Excellent, at least most of the mods designs would be seen, and in the light of this recent turn of events, it's good enough for me.

Once again, Thank you RA team.
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#79 Bereneth Túrien

Bereneth Túrien

Ni degilbor

• Members
  • 414 posts
  • Projects:Working on my own mod.
  •  Former advisor.

Posted 28 April 2009 - 08:05 PM

I don't have much to say, but I'll say it anyway. You guys did an amazing job. Your work has inspired and led the modding community. Although you never had the chance to finish the mod, you have still had a huge impact on the society here. While this decision is not what I wanted from the mod team (I don't think any of us WANTED this mod to stop), I can understand why. I can accept this decision. Thank you, Rhovanion Alliance team, for a wonderful mod, even if it isn't finished. With such a mod as this, it takes a lot of perseverance and dedication to get this far. The RA team has both, or this would have happened long ago. Thank you. I wish you luck on whatever you do.

EDIT: Just made a userbar to sig for remembrance of this mod. It's nothing great, just background and text, but feel free to use it if you'd like to.

Posted Image

Edited by Arborlon Elf, 28 April 2009 - 08:10 PM.

I used to be {AE}Manveru, if that rings a bell.

#80 Rimli

Rimli
  • Hosted
  • 117 posts
  • Projects:BfME 1½ Mod

Posted 28 April 2009 - 08:25 PM

Hi guys!

I was fascinated by your idea for this great mod for a great game since i have got to know about it years ago! I always looked forward to new pictures and movies. Your ideas, the pictures was just amazing and I was always looking forward to the day when the mod will be released and the community will also be able to play the best BFME ever! When EA looks to your side and the work you did they should be ashamed about the loveless work they did in BFME II and especially in the absurd addon.
Unfortunately you were at least not able to manage all this immense work. I am sad about this but I still admire all of you! I am a modder too and I know how much work it is and so it is very impressive that you started this project. The work you did is unique, I never saw such dwarves in BFME I (and actually also not in BFME at all, the EA dwarves are a bad joke). I am happy that you decided to release at least a limited version of the mod so that we will be able to see some of your work ingame.
Of course, it would be nice if the other work will also be used in other mods but it is your choice what you want to do with your work.
I wish you success in your future life. Surely you can be proud about this mod, even if you couldn't finish it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users