Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:57 AM

Yeah, strike out on your own, dude. Gather a couple of friends together and find somewhere you can all live (more people means cheaper rent) and you'll get it sorted out. It might take a while until your life becomes comfortable, but at least you'll be living somewhere you like.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#322 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:55 AM

i don't make that much cash for my own place

You could try getting in the graphical business (web or whatever). You're pretty good at it

Congrats to anyone who actually read through all my ranting.

BTW, Are there any Uncharted 2 players here?

Yeah yeah yeah yeah :D
Dark Lord of the Sith is also a huge fan, but he hasn't bought it yet because he can't currently afford all his time (including university time) being devoured by a game :p
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#323 shadysaiyan

shadysaiyan
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  Probably stuck at work.

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:58 AM

I suppose but i've done some searching and they generally require that i know some stuff i don't know or even want to be bothered learning since im not even gonna use it.

@Allathar/Vortigern - My actual friends are in different states or miles upon miles away, none of them are very good with money either ,even if they can be fun people. Thing like my current situation have been my entire life to be honest there have been plenty of other cornered situations as well, i just try to deal with it.
Posted Image

#324 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:45 PM

SGU was again awesome this week. Seems like it's moments before someone arrives at his mental breaking point... Telford was once again his usual sneaky bastard self, spending time with Young's wife and telling her Young still sleeps with TJ. Then Young finally does what he should've done a while ago: beat the crap out of Telford. Was good to see some of Wray's personal life, as well as Scott's. The poor guy, discovering he has an 8 year old son. Rush is once again manipulating everyone, but you can't blame him really, since the Ancient chair is probably the only way they'll be able to return home. Then there's Spencer, who it seems has run out of his supply of medicines (anti-psychotics?).
Spoiler

It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#325 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:57 AM

So... who among you Americans collect State Quarters? :p
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#326 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:01 AM

I'se American and I'se gets dem state quararter!
Maryland sucks.

SGU was again awesome this week. Seems like it's moments before someone arrives at his mental breaking point... Telford was once again his usual sneaky bastard self, spending time with Young's wife and telling her Young still sleeps with TJ. Then Young finally does what he should've done a while ago: beat the crap out of Telford. Was good to see some of Wray's personal life, as well as Scott's. The poor guy, discovering he has an 8 year old son. Rush is once again manipulating everyone, but you can't blame him really, since the Ancient chair is probably the only way they'll be able to return home. Then there's Spencer, who it seems has run out of his supply of medicines (anti-psychotics?).

Spoiler

They should all just promote Rush to the leader and get this show off right.

#327 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:37 PM

They should all just promote Rush to the leader and get this show off right.

Yes, because having a sociopathic scientist who doesn't want to go home leading the mission to go home will totally help.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#328 Archon

Archon

Ethereal Chaos

• Members
  • 555 posts
  • Projects:Wars of Arda mod
  •  Expert Marksman

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:13 PM

*sigh* My parents are weird. For some reason they decided I was spending too much time playing games on the comp (although I keep it to under an hour a day) and they decided to limit it to only twenty minutes. What the heck? Twenty minutes isn't enough time to get anything done. And no, I'm not your average nerd. I'm a fairly athletic, social, and outgoing guy and I have no people problems or anything. My grades are up and I haven't really done anything lately to offend them, so...

Anyway, now that the random rant is over, I won't have as much time on Revora as I used to, because my overall computer time has suffered as well as the gaming time. Go figure. I won't "quite" be a lurker like TLC or certain others, and I still will be able to get on intermittently, but it won't be as regular as usual.

Most of you will read this post and go "What the heck? Who is this guy?" In that case, feel free to skip over my problems and don't waste your time. For those who do know me or care at all about this, have fun without me. If anything changes, I'll tell you guys.

See ya.
_______Posted Image_______Posted Image

#329 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:32 PM

Have you tried... talking to them? Persuading them? Telling them that a mere twenty minutes of gaming isn't normal? That everybody else sits at least an hour a day behind their screens? Convincing them of the fact that the time you won't spend anymore on the computer, will instead be spend on drinking and drugs experimenting?

Oh, and the 'if you don't know me, feel free to skip it' part is usually at the beginning of a post. Just saying.

#330 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:36 PM

Implore them: what's the problem? Why can't do you what you want? Tell them you're sensible and happy. Eventually they'll bring life into it. Say: define life.

Edited by Puppeteer, 24 November 2009 - 10:36 PM.

#331 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:41 PM

Point them to this thread and tell them that by limiting the amount of time you spend fulfilling your personal desires they will stunt your growth as a person and wreck your emotional development into a potentially well-adjusted adult. By dictating the terms of your youth, they are creating an ideal environment for the growth of a sociopath or, at best, a social incompetent, and it'll be all their fault. Tell them that if you grow up to be a serial killer it'll be because of how they raised you and they'll have to live with the guilt forever.

N.B. Vortigern will not be held responsible for the consequences of pursuing the actions suggested herein, and any attempt to follow my advice is done entirely at your own risk.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#332 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 02:37 PM

Or Archon, you could also play your games IRL.

*Imagines how to leap of faith down from the Statue of Liberty*
Posted Image

#333 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:21 PM

Gasp... now that I think about it, there's a pile of hay at the base of Liberty island...

#334 Archon

Archon

Ethereal Chaos

• Members
  • 555 posts
  •  Expert Marksman

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:06 PM

With my crushed body atop it, I'm afraid. Florisz's idea didn't work out so well... :p

#335 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 30 November 2009 - 09:20 PM

Guess Assassin's Creed wasn't all that realistic in the first place... sorry for killing you Arch.

#336 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:03 PM

GAH!!! Ech... YESTERDAY'S STARGATE UNIVERSE EPISODE!

Spoiling...

How dare he beat up Rush! Not only that... leave him on that planet! Disgusts me... If Rush gets back, he better have a gun ready.

#337 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:44 PM

I was right, Spencer did commit suicide :p Fuck, got to hate Rush, but also love him for how he pulled it off. Can't blame Young for beating him up and leaving him on the planet though... After all, nobody likes to be framed for murder.

Wonder how Rush is going to get off the planet... Perhaps using the broken alien spaceship? Well, we won't know until two months. Meh, I hate mid-season breaks.

#338 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 06 December 2009 - 03:08 AM

Br... break? I don't... Break?

Bah! Rush should be leading this expedition. And when he gets back, he will. I'll make sure of it. But yesh, the ship is significant in his return back to Destiny. Positive on that. It's all part of his master plan.

#339 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:40 AM

Posted Image
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#340 Archon

Archon

Ethereal Chaos

• Members
  • 555 posts
  •  Expert Marksman

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:42 PM

I'm reasonably certain I'm getting an M4A1 Airsoft gun for Christmas. My bros all have Airsoft guns as well, so it'll see some heavy use. I'll probably get a match or two on video and upload it to YouTube, if anyone's interested in seeing it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users