Problems with Contra 007

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#61 Guest_Felix_*

Guest_Felix_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:13 PM

hello.
If I start the Launcher, it says contra007.big was not found. fixed launcher doesnt work either. So i tried installation for mac users: put all described files in ZH Folder and delete Scripts Folder. But in the game all little pictures are missing!

i ask you for help, thanks

#62 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 07 November 2009 - 10:00 AM

Which ZH version do you have? (I'm interested in language).

#63 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2009 - 10:27 AM

The German Version. Ive already used that advice for using FinalBig and changed that folder in the contra007.big to German. But there still pics missing.

#64 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:51 AM

You made something wrong. Are you sure that you version is really German? Try to open (not unpack, just open) all ZH *.big archives and look at folders inside them. Do you have "English" or "German" folder there? Also find files with names GCChallengeWinLoss[number].tga. They are inside some archives. You will notice them easily. There is whole pack of such files. Look at the folder where these files are stored.

#65 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2009 - 01:15 PM

My Version is German 100%. Bought it in German, language in vanilla zh German, everything German.
Perhaps it is caused through this one: Do you know the Mod Project Raptor? HAd this one, deinstalled ZH completely and deleted the ZH folder manually. maybe there still is a rest of this mod. how can i check this?

#66 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:42 PM

I noticed that there are many variants of ZH engine. All of them are represented as "Zero Hour version 1.04". But they work different way. Some of them record replays which are not compatible with my ZH. Some of them have files arranged in different order. Some of them can not connect in multiplayer game. It seems that you have yet another non-standatd version.

Ok, I'll reveal you some game mechanisms. All icons are stored in files named:
- SCGenChallengeWinLoss512_[number].tga
and
- SNUserInterface512_[number].tga.

These files are located in /Zero Hour/Data/[your language]/Art/Textures/ folder by default. Such files exist in your ZH too. Contra has changed icon files, but your ZH does not see them for some reason. You need to find out why. To do it, look into your ZH archives and find these files. Then you need to unpack Contra again and put Contra icon files into correct folders. And yes, it is not necessary to pack everything back. You can put unpacked Contra into your ZH folder.

As for Project Raptor, its remainings can stay here:
- /Documents and Settings/[Your Name]/My Documents/Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Data/
If you see any *.big or *.tga files, delete them (but don't delete map previews).

Edited by Creator, 09 November 2009 - 08:47 PM.

#67 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Projects:thinking...:p
  •  not Red :(

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:48 AM

Well creato,my zh says it is 1.00,and replays saved says it is 1.02.
However the game runs online and offline perfectly,which means it is 1.04.

well can you download my replays and check if it is compatiple with yours?

#68 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 04:15 PM

Checked. They are compatible. The game says that they were recorded with different version and warns about possible errors, but no errors occur.

#69 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 18 November 2009 - 04:28 AM

Well creato,my zh says it is 1.00,and replays saved says it is 1.02.
However the game runs online and offline perfectly,which means it is 1.04.

I also saw your replay as version 1.02 but it can be played with no problem (with warning at start).
You can play with me without problem too. So, you may have 1.04 that registered as 1.00 in the program or Contra overrides original INI completely and thus creates a same version of Contra though it's not actually the same.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#70 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 07:35 AM

Thanks guys.

#71 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:30 PM

a question:

and

are these the icons i nthe vanilla version? or in the contra version? and if it is so, which folder/data you can find the icons in?

#72 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2009 - 05:32 PM

And another question: The AI is well improved and its often a challenge to win against it, but when im playing with my friend against 3-4 AIs at once, its getting boring sometimes:
for example:
-In the late game, the AI just builds troops but does not use them. they just stand around the base.
-The AI just builds 3 drop zones, blackmarkets and itnernet centers. Cant you set it up to 6-7 or even more?
-When we played some maps (official maps), every player had 3 supply stashes. But the AI only took one. Even one supply was right in the base of the AI, but it didnt take it.
-on some maps the AI doesnt take oils at all.

if you could fix that, i would be soo pleased. it would make the game a lot harder and more exciting :crazed:

#73 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 05:58 PM

To guest,ai have unlimited money,so it doesn't matter how many money buildings they have.

#74 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2009 - 07:29 PM

Well, i destroyed my oponents drop zones, and his supllies were empty, and he didnt build anything after that.

#75 Arcadian Daze

Arcadian Daze

CAPSLOCK!

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 07:54 PM

thats because otherwise you would have an AI that you cant stop
think of it liek an AI w/o a power reqirement
even agaisnt AI you should be smart what to blow up first the unlimited money is just to keep the AI from massing cahs buildings

CAPSLOCK IS THE CRUISECONTROLL FOR COOL

DUDE I'M OGING TO BE 20 THATS THE OLDEST I HAVE EVER BEEN!!!

#76 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:27 AM

a question:

and

are these the icons i nthe vanilla version? or in the contra version? and if it is so, which folder/data you can find the icons in?

They are in both ZH and Contra.
They are packed inside *.big files. Use FinalBig to open them.

-In the late game, the AI just builds troops but does not use them. they just stand around the base.
-The AI just builds 3 drop zones, blackmarkets and itnernet centers. Cant you set it up to 6-7 or even more?
-When we played some maps (official maps), every player had 3 supply stashes. But the AI only took one. Even one supply was right in the base of the AI, but it didnt take it.
-on some maps the AI doesnt take oils at all.

It is known problems.

To guest,ai have unlimited money,so it doesn't matter how many money buildings they have.

Not quite. Hard does not have unlimited money. And all other AIs get money with limited speed.

#77 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:20 PM

Well, i dont even have a texture folder at all. I have a German folder, but it consists only out of a Movie folder. My friend hasnt got a texture folder either, but contra works with his computer well.

#78 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 06:33 AM

All those folders are inside *.big files.

Edited by Creator, 26 November 2009 - 06:33 AM.

#79 Guest_Shacoi_*

Guest_Shacoi_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2009 - 12:59 AM

Hi,

I have installed Contra 007, launched the game --> crashed instantly. Then I applied the 1.04 patch and ran it again -->I got over the splash screen, then it displayed the message: You have encountered a serious error... bla bla... So in fact, nothing changed for me.

When I am trying to play game WITHOUT contra007, it works pretty nice.

I am running W7 ultimate, and version of my game is English at all.

Can you help me?

- Shacoi

#80 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

Capslockers are attention whores.

• Members
  • 722 posts
  • Projects:Losing the game
  •  Why cant this be red :(

Posted 15 December 2009 - 08:27 AM

well, if you have Windows 7 you need to do the following:

1) find your Zero Hour data map
2) right click the launcher (generals.exe)
3) select properties
4) click compatibility, it should be there (in a tab or under a button)
5) select windows XP/vista
6) play the game, problem still exists? then post again
Posted Image
Posted Image

its like a big ball of tesla troopers firing on down below, but cant attack structures. ION STORM :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users