• Guests

Posted 28 April 2010 - 06:48 PM

you can't hang on forever tho

#22 chubs

chubs
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 04:06 AM

Dude its his mod. How would you like if someone just came and took over you mod because you where inactive for a few months?? You really disgust me :)
And comparing the mod team to dogs??? If it weren't for those dogs then RJ wouldn't be complete and you wouldn't be playing a beta and if it weren't for Rob, RJ would have never exist.

Wooooooooooooooooaaah. I am not comparing them to dogs. It's an expression. and besides, personally, I would be more happy if my mod was kept going, even if I wasn't here. Now I get what you're saying, and I'm sorry if someone took it the wrong way, but the whole point is: Keep Working. If Rob comes back, awesome :) , put him back in charge, but don't wait forever for him to come back.

P.S. Sorry for insulting someone, not intentional :)
---MY SPOON IS TOO BIG---

#23 chubs

chubs
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 04:08 AM

^Well Said! I would hate it if I was inactive for a while and then someone just took over my mod...

Spoiler

Read my reply to Spartan, and no harm insult intended, so don't hate me, because hate is bad.

#24 drogoth232

drogoth232

What a shame

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 06:59 PM

Nah it isnt anything about hate. But it is personal preference. So no hate towards anyone, Spart and I were just explaining how people (like him and I) would feel if that happened to us.
Wait... what?

#25 chubs

chubs
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:50 PM

Nah it isnt anything about hate. But it is personal preference. So no hate towards anyone, Spart and I were just explaining how people (like him and I) would feel if that happened to us.

You know what, that's cool with me. I expressed my opinion (about being happier if my mod was continued). I did not mean to tread on your opinion. I apologize. But I still hold onto my belief and I hope, at the very least, that work is being done on this awesome mod.

#26 drogoth232

drogoth232

What a shame

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:10 PM

So lets stop this nonsense and just wait for rj whenever his time maybe :p ..
Wait... what?

#27 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:34 AM

Work is still being done off and in, if only in the mapping sense.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#28 chubs

chubs
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:06 AM

So lets stop this nonsense and just wait for rj whenever his time maybe :download: ..

Very, Very, Very well said :p :p \

I still hope for the best...

#29 chubs

chubs
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:37 AM

So lets stop this nonsense and just wait for rj whenever his time maybe :p ..

It seems everyone is just a little flustrated (flustered + frustrated = flustrated. I know, I think it's awesome too) It's hard to have patience for like, months.

#30 Trailhog250

Trailhog250
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 05:07 AM

excellent! This mod is alive and rob is doing well. I must say I feared for the worst. The team cant lose motivation though, this could easily be one of the best mods for bfme2 ever made if they will keep at it ^^

Hoping for a release maybe mid-summer to early fall :crazed: or atleast some images of new artwork and bugs that's being sorted out. Anyway keep it up! Dont let it die while people still support it!
You are soldiers of Gondor, and no matter what comes through that gate you will stand your ground! Gandalf the White-- Siege of Minas Tirith

Gondor Must Stand!

#31 Guest_Timothy Danford_*

Guest_Timothy Danford_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2010 - 03:13 AM

Well, I look forward to seeing this mod come to fruition. Good luck, and I will be waiting for the time when this finally arrives.

#32 Guest_HolyD_*

Guest_HolyD_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:21 PM

I also pray that this mod comes back....

#33 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:32 PM

I thought I would at least try to stop in and post something to let everyone know what is going on.

Currently, certain health issues have taken up quite a bit of time/attention in personal life, not just the time directly related to working with them, but also the large extra responsibilities that arise. On top of that, my kids are getting older and I want to make sure they have all of my attention that they need.

For me, when I mod, I really dive into the depths and it requires undivded attention to ensure everything comes out as I'd like it. I literaly cannot mod part-time, it's just not in me. (i.e. I will usually have 3ds Max/gmax, 1000s of txt files, photoshop, 3ds viewer, hex editors, etc. up all at once as I work on items for hours on end). While I do have some time, it is just not the amount of time and undivided attention needed to work through the mod at this time. When I mod, it really engulfs all of my time.

It is a long-term goal of mine to finish the mod/campaign. It really is one of the things that I would love more than anything to work on. I would stop by the forums more often, except it really does sadden me that I haven't been able to do things yet that I've wanted and I may have let people that have worked on/followed the mod down. I miss the friendships and the community most of all, and please keep in touch.

So what does this mean for the mod - I'm sure most are wondering this. Will the mod be finished? I can't answer that. I can say that I WANT the mod to be finished, but I don't know how life events are going to treat me and my family. If there are some on the team that would like to jump in and take the lead, I might be open to it though it may be difficult. Whatever some may think, I don't think I could ever say that RJ has reached an end.

I can't say how much all of the well wishes mean to me and my family. RJ-RotWK played a HUGE part of my life for a very long time, and I am glad I was able to work on something that other could play and find some fun/enjoyment out of.

Robert J.

p.s. Yes, to confirm Master Windu's comments I do play LotRO, often with my son (and sometimes my daughters). The robnkarla on the LotRO forums is me. The amount of attention that is required to play the game is nowhere near the amount that I use to mod, and as my kids are not old enough to mod, we still can play a Lord of the Rings game together.

#34 CTLN7

CTLN7

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,210 posts
  • Projects:Rogue Republic

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:21 PM

good to see you back :p

#35 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:24 AM

It's certainly been a while. Great to hear from you rob.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#36 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:46 AM

Nice to see you back rob.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#37 Annullus The Grey

Annullus The Grey

Historian... Master of Ages

• Hosted
  • 269 posts
  • Projects:Twilight of the Republic

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:50 AM

good to see your still lurking around somewhere rob...
If your reading this i probably am drunk in a ditch somewhere near you

the magical drunken teleporter

SELF PROCLAIMED FORUM DRUNK!!

#38 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:44 AM

Welcome back Rob, feel free to MSN me. Even if I'm not online :p

Seriously though, it's been far too long. Welcome back to the fold :)

#39 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:17 AM

Hi Rob
Posted Image

#40 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:01 AM

Welcome back! Great to hear from you.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users