Requests!

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#41 vadereclipse

vadereclipse
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:37 AM

i'd imagine plans for their remilitarisation came not long after the beskar vein was discovered. Fett was definitely one of the more aggressive mandalores post-CW. It takes long enough for military vehicles to be designed on a planet with a population of 6 billion (e.g. apache helicopter took something like 9 years to be introduced) how long would it take for a planet with a 4.5 million person population to build an incredibly advanced space ship?
i'd suggest the units be either a hero unit/fleet or just limited production (similar to how the lictor currently is)
alternatively, you could add in the Roche Asteroids, and make the Bes'uliik and Tra'Kad producable in limited numbers only there?

Edited by vadereclipse, 02 March 2010 - 09:42 AM.

#42 SpardaSon21

SpardaSon21

title available

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 03:35 AM

The Apache design had to go through a shitload of bureaucratic nonsense before it could be used, as well as Congress deciding to appropriate funds for its purchase. I would imagine on Mandalore as soon as someone comes up with a design for a new, better warship, it is used as fast as they can come off the assembly lines.

#43 the_Farseer

the_Farseer
  • Hosted
  • 142 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:25 AM

The Apache design had to go through a shitload of bureaucratic nonsense before it could be used, as well as Congress deciding to appropriate funds for its purchase. I would imagine on Mandalore as soon as someone comes up with a design for a new, better warship, it is used as fast as they can come off the assembly lines.

You have a good point. The Mandalorians also have a habit of just building their own, individual ships based on common designs (modified Firespray, for example...) much the same way that they make their own armor. It isn't so much a right of passage as building the armor is but it's still something that most Mando's do. I'm sure I can find a way to work these ships in.
“The evil men do lives after them. The good is oft interred with their bones,”

~Julius Caesar

#44 vadereclipse

vadereclipse
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:51 AM

true. mandalore best resembles a military junta.
i'd personally opt to make prototype designs of the verpine partnership ships available once the Roche Asteroids are conquered.

#45 Mando'a Man

Mando'a Man
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:50 AM

I was wondering if you were planning on adding any animations too the Basilisk War Droids

#46 the_Farseer

the_Farseer
  • Hosted
  • 142 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 03:42 AM

I was wondering if you were planning on adding any animations too the Basilisk War Droids

I can't. The only way to do that, at this point, is to pirate a copy of 3dsMax 6-8...because they aren't for sale anymore. I have to 'outsource' my models to people and everyone I work with says they are no good at animating. Believe me, if I had the program to do it, I would.

~Julius Caesar

#47 Guest_milos_*

Guest_milos_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:30 AM

then ask people! i think that many folks would give you a copy free or in exchange for a beta version

#48 Mando'a Man

Mando'a Man
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 03:46 PM

lol, that would be quite the payment :j

#49 the_Farseer

the_Farseer
  • Hosted
  • 142 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:08 PM

then ask people! i think that many folks would give you a copy free or in exchange for a beta version

I have and have downloaded the files...the problem is that the ISO files have password-protected RAR files within them and the password I got only works for the 1st file...of about 30. Probably shouldn't be talking about such nefarious activities in the forums though <^_^

~Julius Caesar

#50 Mando'a Man

Mando'a Man
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:22 AM

You're right... especially do to the code
in the internet;
the men are men
the women are men
and 13 year old girls are the FBI

O.O *looks for little girls*

ps... don't take ^ the wrong way

#51 the_Farseer

the_Farseer
  • Hosted
  • 142 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 01:20 AM

You're right... especially do to the code
in the internet;
the men are men
the women are men
and 13 year old girls are the FBI

O.O *looks for little girls*

ps... don't take ^ the wrong way

lol, so true.

~Julius Caesar

#52 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts
  • Projects:Existing
  •  It's not your skill, boys. It's your will. Ooh-rah!

Posted 05 March 2010 - 09:25 PM

I remembered, recently, a mod by Filo that switched the Krayt Class' weapon FX for laser beams...

Personally, it looks cooler, but it's only an opinion. I, obviously, don't know what you have done in version 4.

This: Filo's Laser Beams is the mod I was thinking about.

Perhaps you can see about using it in place of the Krayt Class' current laser projectiles?

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#53 vadereclipse

vadereclipse
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:00 PM

the Krayt-class has already been edited- notice the plasma cannon- it's hard to see, but if you look carefully, you'll notice a fast-moving white particle a little similar to the mass driver particle in ROTM. i imagine that's the way he wants it, although i'm speaking for him here and can't really speak for him.

Edited by vadereclipse, 05 March 2010 - 10:01 PM.

#54 the_Farseer

the_Farseer
  • Hosted
  • 142 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 01:46 AM

I like Filo's laser too...the problem is that the FX mod team and I already share a lot of resources and I don't want our respective mods to seem like clones of each other...if that makes sense. I initially wanted the Kryat's mega-weapon to be like the MAC cannons from Halo because it fit better with the 'mass driver' weapons that other units had. I am shifting more towards laser weapons though as having powder/magnet driven, projectile weapons in a universe that utilizes lasers, shields, lightspeed, etc is just silly...kinda' primitive tech. Changing the Kryat's projectile is actually on the "To-do" list though.

~Julius Caesar

#55 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:36 AM

I see.

I can see why you'd not want to include that particular. But from what I've seen, whatever you do, it will likely look awesome.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#56 the_Farseer

the_Farseer
  • Hosted
  • 142 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:29 PM

I see.

I can see why you'd not want to include that particular. But from what I've seen, whatever you do, it will likely look awesome.

Thanks for the vote of confidence :sad:

~Julius Caesar

#57 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 12:32 AM

What can I say? I've been quite impressed with the mod insofar. And from what I've seen, it's just getting cooler.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#58 suy' cuy ner vod

suy' cuy ner vod
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 06:15 PM

The mod is very well done, this is the first mod i believe to include a shotgun troop! I give 6/5 cause i luv Mandoes!
(PS. what about having the Death Watch as a sort of active pirate?)
Some mandalorian worlds are:
Althir
Basilisk
Concord Dawn
Dxun
Gargon
Kerest
Kuar
Mandalore
-Concordia ( A Moon of Mandalore)
Ordo
shogun
Togoria

Edited by suy' cuy ner vod, 07 March 2010 - 06:52 PM.

#59 vadereclipse

vadereclipse
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:03 PM

the death watch were dissolved by 3 ABY, i think.
still, i would like the idea of a few mandalorian worlds perhaps having hostile Death Watch remnant camps.

Edited by vadereclipse, 07 March 2010 - 10:02 PM.

#60 the_Farseer

the_Farseer
  • Hosted
  • 142 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 04:37 AM

No deathwatch. Sorry guys. I will be adding more pirate factions to GC but not those guys.

~Julius Caesar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users