• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#21 Jester22

Jester22
  • Members
  • 78 posts
  •  That "one guy"

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:11 AM

Sonic may not be able to take out tanks and buildings, but I think it could be a viable tech tree vs Infantry Gen, or as a defensive tree. I'm not sure it's possible, but I imagine the Sonic tree to be an infantry killer as the fragile parts explode from intense, directed sound waves. In the case of defensive capabilities you could make it so that whatever vehicles a sonic defense structure hits travel at a reduced rate of speed while the drivers/pilots struggle to keep their focus while their ears are almost bleeding and their instruments are shaking from noise vibrations. Slower vehicles can more easily be taken care of by defenses/units from other tech trees that you will pick to go alongside sonic.

Edited by Jester22, 17 July 2010 - 05:14 AM.

Ugh, why can't you just DIE? Seriously.

#22 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts
  • Projects:A new map for Remix Mod
  •  Remix Escalation Alpha Tester ,Camo Artist and part-time Mapper

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:34 AM

This looks most awsome but an infantry only transport device, or?

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Projects:thinking...:p
  •  not Red :(

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:21 AM

Awesome!

#24 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:09 AM

Sonic may not be able to take out tanks and buildings, but I think it could be a viable tech tree vs Infantry Gen, or as a defensive tree. I'm not sure it's possible, but I imagine the Sonic tree to be an infantry killer as the fragile parts explode from intense, directed sound waves. In the case of defensive capabilities you could make it so that whatever vehicles a sonic defense structure hits travel at a reduced rate of speed while the drivers/pilots struggle to keep their focus while their ears are almost bleeding and their instruments are shaking from noise vibrations. Slower vehicles can more easily be taken care of by defenses/units from other tech trees that you will pick to go alongside sonic.

Unfortunately I don't think theres a way to make enemies slower. The list of status effects available is VERY limited. I'll have to post a screen of what the techtree selection looks like now. 7 trees makes a very set all the way across the command bar.

This looks most awsome but an infantry only transport device, or?

It will do a few things, first it has a gravity bomb effect with units flying up into the air and levitating for a moment before slamming down stunned. Then the Wormhole itself actually opens up and any units (vehicles included) pre-loaded into the building are transported to the target location as the hole closes.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#25 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:41 PM

I am gobsmacked.

Literally gobsmacked.

Unbelievable.

Looks, and sounds amazing.

Edited by olli, 17 July 2010 - 12:43 PM.

Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#26 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation

Posted 17 July 2010 - 02:32 PM

Laser gen will be fun.

#27 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:37 PM

a teaser video.

http://zhremix3.cncg...et/Wormhole.wmv

enjoy
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#28 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:20 AM

Well....so much for turtling. I will be very happy with that weapon (what's the reload time since I'm pretty sure it wont stay at 8 seconds).

#29 phenom1989

phenom1989
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 09:56 AM

that looks epic man lol nice work
CPU: Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3,6GHz
Memory: 2 GB 607 Mhz
Graphics: Asus Radeon 5770 1 GB 4.8 Ghz memory clock
Mainboard: Gigabyte 880G
Monitor: HF237 23" Full HD
PSU: Hyperion 700w

#30 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:11 AM

Well....so much for turtling. I will be very happy with that weapon (what's the reload time since I'm pretty sure it wont stay at 8 seconds).

well, some things are done different during testing. For example, my Strategy center requires no other structures, builds in 2 seconds and generates 2 power. My Heavy tanks are built from the command center and require nothing.. also building in 2 seconds. I can also build unlimited tech choices and my wormhole generator is just like the above settings... with a 10 second reset timer.

It lets me get directly to what I want to test very quickly and I can test it repeatedly in just a few minutes. always helpful on the dev end of business.

In a final product it will require Tier3 and have an 8 minute timer. This puts it on par with most other "heavy" super weapons.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#31 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 03:44 PM

http://zhremix3.cncg...serTechDemo.wmv

An updated and more in-depth version of the Wormhole video with the tech tree's demonstrated.

This copy will be U-Tubed and posted on ModDB.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 phenom1989

phenom1989
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 03:55 PM

awesome again pend really nice work man, also the skin and the building looks epic

one question

in fullversion will the demo gen and other gen's building Defensive buildings?? becouse in beta they didn't build any only the powerfull ones

Edited by phenom1989, 18 July 2010 - 04:01 PM.

CPU: Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3,6GHz
Memory: 2 GB 607 Mhz
Graphics: Asus Radeon 5770 1 GB 4.8 Ghz memory clock
Mainboard: Gigabyte 880G
Monitor: HF237 23" Full HD
PSU: Hyperion 700w

#33 MasterZH

MasterZH
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:31 PM

Nice tank hover-effect... :) btw for testing i am using ingametrainer... :mellow:

#34 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:38 PM

Yeah,

It's only a temporary AI for the time being.
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#35 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:00 AM

Open and Ravaging
Wormhole_V2_Early.jpg
Collapsing into portal
Wormhole_V2_Mid.jpg
Open portal
Wormhole_V2_Portal.jpg

New visual. I tweeked the old one a bit, has a very satisfying effect now. I still need a SoundFX though. If anyone has a WAV file they think fits please upload it here and I'll check it out.

Edited by Pendaelose, 19 July 2010 - 10:02 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#36 MasterZH

MasterZH
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:27 AM

Too nice for ZERO HOUR game :p

#37 SpardaSon21

SpardaSon21

title available

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:39 PM

Sadly I don't have a .wav of it, nor do I know where you could get one, but the SFX from Stargate whenever they activate a stargate could work. There are a couple dozen (exaggerated guess) different Stargate mods on ModDB though, and I'm sure at least one might be willing to let you borrow their stargate SFX.

Edited by SpardaSon21, 19 July 2010 - 05:41 PM.

#38 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:26 PM

Olli gave me a sound file this afternoon I think will work wonderfully. It actually reminds me greatly of the star gate sounds in many ways.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#39 Guest_GuardianTempest_*

Guest_GuardianTempest_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:21 PM

I'm starting to think some of these are redundant.
No offense but:

What is/are the difference(s) between Particle and Plasma, Ion and Laser.

It's starting to sound like it's the same.

On a different note: Multiple tech trees mean he should be renamed "The Science General"

#40 Guest_Bug_*

Guest_Bug_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:06 PM

I'm starting to think some of these are redundant.
No offense but:

What is/are the difference(s) between Particle and Plasma, Ion and Laser.

It's starting to sound like it's the same.

On a different note: Multiple tech trees mean he should be renamed "The Science General"

BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY!!!
BILL! BILL! BILL!

ok anyways.

Basically it's like this, Ion gives you heavy AoE spike damage and generally sends units flying around. Currently it's just a superweapon and the Aurouras i believe.
Laser is precision high damage, inexpensive and easily spammed. Also it hits air units and does a great job at it.
Particle is anti-anything on the ground again very precice damage. it's like a specialized laser for ground units.
Plasma is again ground only but it has a small aoe range and is good at taking out large groups of units. It seems to be a bit weaker against armor, and plasma units are usually made of glass, but they are generally reliable and pretty cheap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users