#201 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:38 PM

Well... there will only be regular hobbits, but of both genders. They will be able to fight, but they wont have any special hordes. They will only use sticks and stones so to speak. I haven't really worked out any details around them, or even in what faction (or factions) they fit best. But I do think I'd like them to fill some sort of resource bonus/gathering, as they are farmers and merchants.

Edited by Nazgûl, 01 May 2014 - 08:39 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#202 sherv

sherv
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:19 AM

Thanks its great

#203 sherv

sherv
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:08 PM

So....are the goblins finished ??
Sorry for being impatient

#204 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:24 PM

Goblins arent finished. I suspect Naz has hit a snag with retopology and wandered off in frustaration again.... meanwhile Ive pulled more audio from the films and have coded in new hero voice sets

#205 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 01 June 2014 - 01:01 PM

No, I was sick...  :flameblast: but, back on track now =) Just finished the shield for the Moria Orcs  :smilehuh:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#206 syn

syn
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:13 PM

So, whats the progress on this mod? its still ongoing right? iam still looking forward to seeing the full might of the Haradrim cavalry. i had heard on MODDB that this mod was dead, so iam hoping against hope that its still on track.

#207 pedrodavidpinto

pedrodavidpinto
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:45 PM

Is there any date for the first release only with the two modifies factions for the DC?

and with all the factions to the DC?

#208 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:17 PM

Me working on the new models from the Hobbit movies has delayed coding. My intention was a late summer or early autmn realease, as Erebor faction needs much less work than the goblin faction. However, with the upcoming final Hobbit movie, I might want to wait until after that, so I can include anything seen in that movie, that might be needed in the mod/game. The reason for that, is that I really don't want to have to go back to any faction and doing work all over the place. Keeping track of what's done, what's half done, what's still needed to do, etc. That's exactly what messed up the previous version (Beta 4.5) of this mod. Methodical, slow and very very thorough workflow is what is needed for a gigantic project like this. I know it's somewhat absurd with all these years put into this, but it's still a hobby and IRL takes it's time and toll from time to time.

But no, nothing is dead, and we're still moving on. Do observe all the new models I have made for this mod. It takes time, but I think you all will like the result =)

Edited by Nazgûl, 30 July 2014 - 03:14 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#209 sherv

sherv
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:06 PM

One quick question.as you wait for movie release (it's in november i think ), will you still be modding other factions ? I mean harad,rhun,rohan,gondor,mordor,isengard arent in the movie,is there any chance you can start modding those factions while waiting for the move ?? Thanks

#210 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:15 PM

I think that there is enough to do until that time. I'm still working on a Goblin Town map and my High Fells map, and Unexpected and Desolation come out a year and two years ago. =p

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#211 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:21 PM

Yeah... We will most likely only be working on these two factions up until release, and whatever general stuff there is, such as some maps, general functions like making sure the SEE special with the Gollum ring system, etc. Should there be a sudden rush and things would be all done sooner than expected - then off course I will move on to the third and fourth faction whichever those may be. I'm leaning towards Harad and Rohan though, as those require more work than others. It's better to concentrate on those factions that require a hefty work load first, so that when running low on energy, there are easier workflow ahead. Harad, Rhun and Rohan are new factions, and as such there is much to do, even though I have most assets standing by. Gondor, Elves and Isengard is mostly polishing. The reason there is so much to do for goblins and dwarves is, as said, naturally due to the new Hobbit movies.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#212 sherv

sherv
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:12 PM

I dont want to be a noob or whatever but i must say : YOU ARE REALLY GREAT.

#213 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:35 PM

Thanks man, it's not me that is great though. It's the collaborate effort that made this mod what it is. SEE is based on a LOT of contributions and help from other modders =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#214 pedrodavidpinto

pedrodavidpinto
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:28 PM

It will be possible to install and play the DC mod with the beta 4.5 and also play the beta 4.5, or I will have to delete the folder of the C: and also the shortcut?

#215 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:37 PM

I'm not entirely sure... but I think you can keep 4.5 (for whatever reason it may be). But I'm pretty certain that you will like DC better ;)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#216 pedrodavidpinto

pedrodavidpinto
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:31 PM

OK. Nice.

I'm so wishful to the release of the DC

Only one question: The only way to "uninstall" the 4.5 is deleting the SEE folder from the C:, right? Because I only that folder that I paste in the C: and also with a shortcut that can open the BFME2 with that folder and I can play the SEE.

So, the only thing that I should do is only deleting the folder and the shortcut?

#217 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:42 PM

Well, you need not to worry about this for a while. We are still working on DC...

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#218 pedrodavidpinto

pedrodavidpinto
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:05 AM

OK. Iknow. And you guys are doing a amazing job with everything and keep like this.

But I was just asking if it is enough to delete the folder and the shortcut of the 4.5 to "uninstal?

#219 sherv

sherv
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:02 PM

So...is this mod still alive ? Or its dead ?

#220 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:36 PM

To save space yes you can do that, pedrodavidpinto.

No this mod is not dead. It isn't producing a stack of updates at the moment however. =p

Edited by MattTheLegoman, 11 October 2014 - 12:36 PM.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users