#41 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 17 September 2011 - 04:02 PM

The thing is, I can't stop in the midst of things as I fear I would lose track of what I'm doing, and what's left to be done. So once I start on something, be a structure, unit, FX, texture, model, etc... I have to finish 100% before I leave :ninja:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#42 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 17 September 2011 - 04:04 PM

Write it down with one of those sticky notes on your pc? :p That way you remember what you were doing?
Ridder Geel

#43 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 17 September 2011 - 04:54 PM

Btw, since I'm ging through all strings for the structures now, I think I'm gonna skip all them substrings that go "Strong vs. Pikemen" etc... Seens a bit too rock/paper/scissor-ish. :rolleyes:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#44 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  • Projects:Middle-Earth Expanded
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:34 PM

To get he texture on the ground take a look at the Goblin Kings summon 3 drakes powers where it puts magma on the ground.

#45 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:39 PM

You mean... for the Troll Drum? :mellow:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#46 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:27 AM

Finished adapting the SEE Goblin Warriors and all XX affected INIs and INCs from the old Beta 4.7... now I gotta go through all the codes, and clean them up a bit by moving Sûl's old additions into separate files for easier bug tracking in case I/we run into problems later on with all his hundereds of additions in FX, EVA and whatnot. Might take most of the day before I'm ready to move on with the next unit... :wacko:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#47 Ridder Blauw

Ridder Blauw

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,277 posts
  •  Do not force yourself into modding it's bad for your health.

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:28 AM

I just wanted let all the fans know, I've finished the basics of our new approach Fire Arrows, and will hopefully be able to tune it later.

#48 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 20 September 2011 - 10:07 AM

*reminer* Just don't forget to update your wc (working copy) from the repo before you carry on RB :rolleyes:

And for those that might wonder: RB helped me setup the basics for a new future for the Fire Wrrows in SEE, meaning they'll no loner be a permanent upgrade (that fires fire all the time), but an enabled upgrade (ability) that can fire FA as sinle shots with reload time. More realistic that way! :grin:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#49 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 02:12 PM

Me likey this lots! :D

#50 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:00 PM

Me too :thumbsupsmiley: I've wanted this for looong, but Sûl never got around to it (due to his XX simultanious projects, lol). Now RG set up the basics, and currently I'm fine tuning the whole deal. FA will function like this for ALL archers, whilst PA (Poison Arrows) will be permanent upgrade for Goblin Archers (instead of being a temp ability like before). I've polished FX too and given ground hit FX to all arrows and corresponding FX to Fire as well as Poison arrows. Just one thing left - making the new FA ability into an upgrade as well, that requires fire tech from the Fissure... *phew* I hate coding, but I love the results

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#51 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:30 PM

Sounds like the changes are awesome.will be fun to play with the next time I'm play testing. :p""

#52 Zeta1127

Zeta1127

Supporter of P-canon

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Projects:A Galaxy Far, Far Away
  •  Ancient Order of the Whills Clone Marshal Commander of the 89th Legion

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:57 AM

It is very good to see SEE still going with the Director's Cut. Though, it is a shame that BfME2/RotWK hates the graphics card I swapped in, so now I can't even play v4.5, I guess this it is just one more sign that I really need to build a new computer of my own.

Edited by Zeta1127, 21 September 2011 - 08:49 AM.

"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett
"You are fooling yourself, Captain. Nothing here is what it seems. You are not the plucky hero, the Alliance is not an evil empire, and this is not the grand arena."
"And that's not incense." - The Operative and Inara Serra
"What you will see, if you leave the Mirror free to work, I cannot tell. For it shows things that were, and things that are, and things that yet maybe. But which it is that he sees, even the wisest cannot always tell. Do you wish to look?" - Galadriel
Clone Marshal Commander Zeta 1127 of the 89th Legion
Admiral Zebulon Wilhelm of Task Force Mystic/Fleet Junkie

#53 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:44 AM

Sounds nice :p
Zeta, I suggest you make your signature smaller, otherwise you might "lose" it due to its size ;) The staff do not like massive signatures...
Ridder Geel

#54 Gollum

Gollum
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:17 PM

Amen ^
I'm not listening, not listening!

#55 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:18 PM

Indeed we don't. ;)

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#56 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:47 PM

Zeta, what card is that? I have both nVidia and ATI/AMB and it shouldn't matter, as long as you got good drivers. And yes, the sig is ridiculously large :wink_new:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#57 Zeta1127

Zeta1127

Supporter of P-canon

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Projects:A Galaxy Far, Far Away
  •  Ancient Order of the Whills Clone Marshal Commander of the 89th Legion

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:48 PM

Its a Nvidia GeForce 6200, that I specifically installed to play Battlefield 2, but both Sins of a Solar Empire and BfME2/RotWK hate it. The games start up fine, but lag out and are therefore unplayable. I made sure to get the latest drivers when I installed it, and the really annoying thing is, an even older Nvidia GeForce 4200 Ti, that the GeForce 6200 replaced, works with those games. I have a feeling that I probably didn't do everything right when I installed it.

Edited by Zeta1127, 21 September 2011 - 10:10 PM.

"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett
"You are fooling yourself, Captain. Nothing here is what it seems. You are not the plucky hero, the Alliance is not an evil empire, and this is not the grand arena."
"And that's not incense." - The Operative and Inara Serra
"What you will see, if you leave the Mirror free to work, I cannot tell. For it shows things that were, and things that are, and things that yet maybe. But which it is that he sees, even the wisest cannot always tell. Do you wish to look?" - Galadriel
Clone Marshal Commander Zeta 1127 of the 89th Legion
Admiral Zebulon Wilhelm of Task Force Mystic/Fleet Junkie

#58 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:04 AM

Omg... that's an old GPU indeed... older than BFME2/RotWK most likely. My old stationary has GeForce 7900GTX with 512Mb which barely can handle it if there are many units on screen. It's ok, but it's not 24fps. This laptop has ATI Radeon 5650 with 1Gb and I get no lagg even with many units on screen so you'd surely need a better system to play SEE indeed :huh:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#59 Gollum

Gollum
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:32 AM

I have a mac book pro and downloaded bootcamp which allows me to run windows. Graphics can be set on ultra high with no log it's amazing
I'm not listening, not listening!

#60 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:47 PM

Here's another FX special for SEE that will probably demand even more on the system :tongevil:
New FX for Banner Carrier upgrade as well as the replenish ranks ability. Dust rises up for a couple of seconds while the units cheer over the new arrivals...

Posted Image

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users