74 replies to this topic

#1 seemann

seemann
  • Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

I give you ... Dwarrowdelf.

Enjoy!

Edit: As some guys reported me a bug in the intro cinematic i have made a small modification that should solve it or at least get you past it. So the downloadable file now is the new version.

http://forums.revora...lf-new-trailer/

See also the schematic map:

Attached Files

Edited by seemann, 13 December 2012 - 10:37 PM.

Apocaliptica & Nina Hagen - seemann

#2 Naugrim.

Naugrim.
  • Members
  • 127 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

Checked it out in worldbuilder, and it looks pretty good. I'll give it a try later today.

#3 seemann

seemann
  • Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

If you open it in wb don't be fooled by the objects that doesn't seem to fit in because they are all modified through scripts, so in game they will look normal ;)

#4 _Haldir_

_Haldir_

Mapper

• Project Team
  • 1,203 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds, The Elven Alliance: Community Edition
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:43 AM

hello again teacher Haldir. :) Again if you would honor me on the new topic about my map http://forums.revora...wdelf-released/ i would really like a critic opinion about it.

I don't have ROTWK sadly, but it looks nice from what i could tell in BFME2's Worldbuilder. I might have to torrent "borrow" a copy so i can give it a try.
Also, you can send me PMs if you like, you don't have to post in that topic of mine. Or just post in that other thread of yours. I've been following the map anyway, so i'll probably see it if you post in there.

Congrats on finishing!

Posted Image Posted Image

#5 seemann

seemann
  • Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:22 AM

sry .. i am not so used to posting on forums .. in fact i don't give a rat's ass about forums :). All i know is that i spent a lot of time doing this and i would like some critic opinions from some people i respect in mapping (you are one of them). So i would also love critics from people like Lauri and MatTheLegoman and .. all the other guys that have followed this thread in the past month. Cheers

Edited by seemann, 09 December 2012 - 02:23 AM.

#6 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:42 AM

If by 'critical review' you mean free advertising and praise then I don't give a mouse's bottom about it.
;p
I will be going through this map and constructively criticise it, possibly on Monday. I haven't seen it in person though, so I will reserve my judgement then.

Edited by MattTheLegoman, 09 December 2012 - 02:44 AM.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#7 seemann

seemann
  • Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:02 AM

by critic opinion i mean objective fair review, even derogatory if necessary ( i only have to learn from it). I never asked you to praise me or anything like this .. i don't know where you get this stuff from .. maybe my english is that bad ...

Edited by seemann, 09 December 2012 - 03:03 AM.

#8 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:14 AM

My English is worse...

Regardless, I am starting the review now. I also need to practise writing school reports so this should help.

Edited by MattTheLegoman, 09 December 2012 - 03:17 AM.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#9 seemann

seemann
  • Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

Version let's say ... 1.01 is now downloadable on top

#10 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:53 AM

Havent played it, but from what I saw in WB its quite impressive. I had some issues with WB crashing while looking at the map, so I didnt check it all out. As with mos tnew comers (Not sure how long youve been mapping) maps, I notice some texturing gripes. Mostly using too much of just one type in lots of places. Roadways, hills and paths are the areas I noticed.

Object use is quite good, there are many really neat and creative things I saw with placement. I especially like the beam of light shining into the opening of Moria from the outside. I also like theuse of other light objects giving those glimses of light from the outside.

Moria is emmersively dark, many of the pathways seem to give way to endless chasms. Great use of the black texture there. I do feel like that brick texture doesnt fit well. sure its a dark color but it doesnt feel dwarven, just old. I sort of expect dwarven craftsmenship to withstand time. Meaning that the dirt and rocks would fall on top of what was crafted and there would be ruined spots, but there would still be beauty to the areas that went unharmed.

Great work, hope to see more.

#11 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:10 AM

NJM, check out that chasm in Dwarrowdelf (the big hall). My in depth review might have to wait until I can finish it lol. I like the explorability, but I die so easily, I'm not a good scenario player. ;p

#12 seemann

seemann
  • Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

@ njm : what you see in wb dosn't make justice to the map as a lot of objects are modified in the map.ini. About textures - the map is huge so ..if you think over all the texture number is quite large, so is the number of objects. In fact that's why it crashes the wb( mine too), but due to the dimensions of the map it looks quite empty. But don't worry cause not only texture and objects make the landscape. It's also lights, sounds, music, speeches, cinematics, the interactive environment ecc. About the bricks ... it is only my choice(my style) after testing a lot of them ... it's hard for me to belive i will change it ..

If you wanna see the map properly (i shouldn't teach you this :) but i see more of you that are opening it in wb ) - go in wb in the script folder called Teste, then activate scripts No intro , Darkness, View all map. Then open the map in game - you will not be able to play it but you will see how it really looks like - spoiler !

By the way did anybody noticed the music? I spent a lot of time scripting it and it should change from area to area.

Another thing - in some other forums people complained that the map stops working in the intro cinematic. Did that happen to you?

@Matt: Keep the hobbits back, the tanks in front, always use the spells, focus trolls, use boromir horn on cd and save a lot. I belive most of you will have problems at the goblins from Dwarrowdelf after you exit Balin's Tomb. remember where they attack you and next time send there only the tanks. Leave the hobbits and Legolas a bit behind. Btw - that is not by far the largest wave you will fight.

#13 seemann

seemann
  • Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:17 AM

Oh and .. another thing - i think you know that if you wanna open the map in wb you must first take it out of it's folder because the .ini and .str files will make wb crush

#14 seemann

seemann
  • Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

Map synthesis : Because i don't know if you've discovered this yourself (no one posted that he finished the map .. in fact i see that no one posts at all) i will explain some things about the map's action.

So .. as you have seen you start from Rivendell and must get to Lothlorien. You have 3 ways bla bla bla.
But ! what hapens after you get to Lorien?

Well, you have the option to finish the map by taking The Fellowship to the boats or you can play the infamous bonus missions:

1. I don't know if someone noticed that you may go inside Moria (even if that's the way you came or not) and solve the rooms you left "unsolved".
What to expect:

1.a. Well .. if you came to Lorien through Moria (Magic Door) you now have the option to wander around again in those halls with new .. small changes (the mines will be collapsing on you). The Balrog will be dead (cause Gandalf killed him) so .. no pressure there.

1.b. If you got to Lorien Through Caradhras or Fangorn (behind Isengard) you can enter Moria, do the rooms, and if you enter Balin's Tomb you will wake up the Balrog. He will be then spawned whenever you will reenter Khazad Dum. Now, unlike the Balrog - Gandalf battle, you will be able to fight him! Beware as he is very tough. Tank with .. tanks and spam Gandalf Lightning Sword (as that stuns him).

2. Help Galadriel against a wave of goblins : this can be activating by pressing a Galadriel's spell. A huge! wave of goblins will come and you have to be very careful if you wanna beat it. If you start this, the victory will be deactivated until you kill all the goblins between Lorien and Khazad Dum.

3. Fighting Isengard (if you didn't already).
You get the control of the elves from Rivendell and the ents from Fangorn.
The elves from Rivendell can now exit the city and wander around - even attack Isengard if you want (at the start these units could not exit Rivendell) You also get the control of 2 hordes of Noldor Warrior. So you can get Elrond, Arwen, Glorfindel and the 2 hordes and also the ents from Fangorn and attack Isengard. You also get 1 Entmoot (in Fangorn), so you can buy some new ents with the money you earned until now.

Attached File  Dwarrowdelf scheme.pdf   52.83KB   88 downloads

Edited by seemann, 13 December 2012 - 10:26 PM.

#15 seemann

seemann
  • Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

See my new trailer here
http://forums.revora...lf-new-trailer/

Edited by seemann, 13 December 2012 - 10:38 PM.

#16 seemann

seemann
  • Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

OK, so if after a week after the release of the map no one has complained about bugs i will consider there are none.
But before i completely finish with it i wanna make some small changes and i need some help form good mappers.

I learned that cinematic objects cannot be seen in a normal game but if you take their model and put it on a normal unit/object it works just fine.
But i have recently seen again the intro movie from BFME II and in in there are some elven civilians and some elven warriors walking.
I would love to be able to rip their models and animations to putit inside my map.
For example, if you have played Dwarrowdelf you have seen that inside Rivendell there are some civilians wondering around. But this units are normally men, not elves, so i would like to change their models to elven ones.
I think the units that i have seen in the clip are CINE_Elven_Farmer_Blue/Brown ecc, but i'm not sure.
So i went into a normal unit .. DwarvenWorker i think, and replaced the model with the one from elven farmer. But in the game the unit cannot be seen anymore.
Who can halp me on this subject?

#17 Rider of Rohan

Rider of Rohan

The Lazy Modder

• Division Leaders
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring and the HD Editions
  •  Mathijs' Bug fix expert
  • Job:T3A Leader

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:39 AM

The Elven Civilians were deleted from the game before ship i believe, i have looked all over before any assumptions it would be ok to check again but i checked for the unit models in the W3d BIG before and they weren't there so yea.

99dxc486ltde132zg.jpgh5je9noaofg3o26zg.jpg

No parent should have to bury their child - King Theoden

#18 seemann

seemann
  • Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:11 AM

I found this
;Elven Farmer Red
Object CINE_Elven_Farmer_Red
Draw = W3DScriptedModelDraw ModuleTag_01

in cinematicobjects.ini but i couldn't make it work.
Help

#19 _Haldir_

_Haldir_

Mapper

• Project Team
  • 1,203 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds, The Elven Alliance: Community Edition
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:21 AM

Try this: http://www.the3rdage...?apage=178#page

Posted Image Posted Image

#20 Rider of Rohan

Rider of Rohan

The Lazy Modder

• Division Leaders
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring and the HD Editions
  •  Mathijs' Bug fix expert
  • Job:T3A Leader

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:21 AM

The above link may not work since the actual w3d objects aren't there
DefaultModelConditionState
		 Model	 = EUPesnt_hoeA
	 End
	 IdleAnimationState
		 Animation = Throwing
			 AnimationName	 = EUPesnt_hoeA.EUPesnt_hoeA
			 AnimationMode	 = LOOP
		 End
	 End
End
These animations are absent in the W3d file for the game

Edited by Rider of Rohan, 15 December 2012 - 01:24 AM.

99dxc486ltde132zg.jpgh5je9noaofg3o26zg.jpg

No parent should have to bury their child - King Theoden

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users