Dwarrowdelf Released

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 seemann

seemann
  • Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:20 PM

I think this is the last one for today ;).
This is the solving of the Dwarrowdelf fight, which probably is the hardest fight from the map, and about which many of you complained. So here it is done:

Apocaliptica & Nina Hagen - seemann

#62 seemann

seemann
  • Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:33 AM

opinions? anyone ?

#63 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:44 PM

That's a long fight -_- Have not played the map yet though, been too busy doing non BFME related things...

Ridder Geel

#64 seemann

seemann
  • Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:09 AM

That's a long fight -_- Have not played the map yet though, been too busy doing non BFME related things...

You should watch all the clips i posted ..not only the last one. You might catch the flavour and wanna play this ;).

So check out my other submisions here : http://www.youtube.c...l_1Q7vTg/videos

Edited by seemann, 09 May 2013 - 01:11 AM.

#65 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:05 PM

This looks very good, I'll give it a go this weekend.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#66 seemann

seemann
  • Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:01 PM

you need a couple of hours and a strong pc to see all there is to see in this map :)

#67 Rider of Rohan

Rider of Rohan

The Lazy Modder

• Division Leaders
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring and the HD Editions
  •  Mathijs' Bug fix expert
  • Job:T3A Leader

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:21 PM

It's True :p !

99dxc486ltde132zg.jpgh5je9noaofg3o26zg.jpg

No parent should have to bury their child - King Theoden

#68 seemann

seemann
  • Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

I recommend you 3 battles :

- Go through Moria - when you exit Balin's tomb you must beat like 4000 goblins

- Finish the map by any way and when you get the control of Galadriel use her last spell: then you must defend lorien for around 20.000 goblins (not for slow pc's)

- Finish the map NOT BY MORIA but through Caradhras or Isengard and then go inside Moria (through the back door). If you enter Balin's tomb you will wake the Balrog (in Khazad Dum). This time you get to fight him! and you will have all the units at your service (including Galadriel). It will be taugh but you can do it! ;)

I also recommend Charadras and Isengard battles.

#69 DeeZire

DeeZire
  • Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:54 PM

There's a heck of a lot of thought and effort gone into this - I applaud you!

#70 seemann

seemann
  • Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:39 AM

thank you!  it only took me 8 months of hard work to do it :)  (8-10 hours/day)

#71 seemann

seemann
  • Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:26 PM

This looks very good, I'll give it a go this weekend.

so did you play it mister ?

#72 Before

Before
  • Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 03:09 PM

This looks like some dope shit. Will be playing this tonight, grats on the release. Saw the trailer.

#73 Before

Before
  • Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 03:20 PM

Ah yes. I have a lot on my plate at the moment. This is a start.

Weathertop (cinematic): This scene was brilliant, the entry of the Nazgul and their approach towards the ruins of Amon Sul was done perfectly. The animations and effect you have used really surprised me and this is what I will be learning from your map. The drowning of the Nazgul at the Fords of Bruinen did, however last a bit too long (or it might of been glitchy-slow on my computer)

Rivendell: The cinematic at the start was well done, the remarks by each of the characters was a great surprise. The only thing I could find wrong with Rivendell is that it didn't look right. While you have only a small space to make the Hidden Valley there are some objects (like the wall) that do not look good and are not accurate. The mountains behind Rivendell were also a bit poor. Try copying the style of the mountains in the EA map. The EA map did not get the layout of Rivendell correct either, but you can use some inspiration from their terrain work. If objects are a problem then remember that you can use the terrain for rocks and cliffs and shrubberies.

Hollin Gate: The cliff and terrain suffered here as well - it looks like a simple height change and some smoothing. Texturing is alright, in fact you could possibly get away with having less textures if the terrain had more work in it.

Ost-in-Edhil: While having these Elvish ruins was a brilliant idea, the objects that you have used do not make it look good. Look at this advanced tutorial for tips with ruins, especially keeping the style together:
http://forums.revora...ns/#entry805463
One thing to learn is that you can use different styles of ruins to make one style, but in your case it still needs to look Elvish and not pieced together from all over Middle-earth.

In fact just look through all of Haldir's mapping tutorials, he is one of the best mappers here. He was part of the old {IP} clan which was a group of professional hobby mappers back in the day.
http://forums.revora...ral-discussion/

West Gate: Just a suggestion, perhaps you could make the watcher attackable?

Isengard: The walls looked horrible when you have then meshed together.

Moria West: This was absolutely confusing as hell! Wonderful and brilliant work bring this together. The glitchy part for me was when units were teleported and attacked immediately. A problem is with the scaled Moria objects - they aren't

Dwarrowdelf: Keep Dwarrowdelf simple. That is all I can say. It's beauty was its simplicity with the giant pillars. The chasm I have already said that that was wonderful. But as NJM mentioned, some of the stuff there does not fit. Get the Minas Morgul buildings out of there! As well as the whitish Dwarven ruins, they do not suit the colour scheme underground (they are for snowy maps).

Moria East: I felt that this too was very cluttered. The fight with the Balrog had goblins attacking as well (and they were incredibly frightened by the demon of fire).

The best part about this map is the animation work and the music and of course the maze like complexity that you brought out of Moria. Something that can be improved are the strings, I am impressed with your English (I was a English as a Second Language Teacher Aid), however there are some grammar mistakes - to the point of being confusing. However the terrain work is generally poor, I am sure that with more work on it (you do have the basic shapes layed out) it will can get better. Something that brought me up to scratch with terrain work was editing EA maps (and I still edit them, I am no-where near the best mappers around here either).

Can you explain how you got it to work? I'm using patch 2.02 from Rotwk so that might be an issue, but I'm messing everything up trying to downgrade my patch so I'm going to go reset that

edit: It was crashing

edit2: Crash error in case OP ever comes back: http://imgur.com/MZhlX0s

Edited by Before, 10 August 2016 - 03:23 PM.

#74 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 10 August 2016 - 04:44 PM

Fan patchs are usually the first thing to be removed if something is wrong with the game.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#75 Before

Before
  • Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 04:49 PM

Fan patchs are usually the first thing to be removed if something is wrong with the game.

I had to go to BFME2 1.06, go to the old Game.dat file and enable 2.01 RotwK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users