#161 Lenwë

Lenwë

title available

• Project Team
  • 260 posts
  • Projects:An Unexpected Mod
  •  Nothing... Really

Posted 09 December 2014 - 08:53 PM

90 second previews of the BotFA Soundtrack are on iTunes.

Spotify has the full tracks aswell btw  :cool:

#162 Stokstaartje95

Stokstaartje95
  • Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:51 AM

I've seen the movie and I really liked it. Okay, at some points they overdid some stuff, but in general it was quite good! The only strange thing is: I didn't see the ramriders and dwarve catapult, so I guess the extended edition is gonna be quite extended :)

I've also spotted Peter Jackson :twisted:  He is on top of the food cart, which the elves gave to the men before the battle starts.

#163 Lenwë

Lenwë

title available

• Project Team
  • 260 posts
  • Projects:An Unexpected Mod
  •  Nothing... Really

Posted 10 December 2014 - 08:10 PM

Okay, at some points they overdid some stuff

You don't say?  :blink:

#164 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:39 AM

Was the scale 1\1000 actors\cgi models? I'm speaking about the close-ups.. Dain looked fullblown CGI, along with all the elves (bar Thranduil, Legolas and Tauriel).

Yeah, the rams were gone. Oh, except the 4 that happens to fall upon the hands of Thorin, Kili, Fili and Dwalin. Because logic.

I just looked at the teaser and trailers for the film again. Shit, they done a ton of changes. Hardly any rams, lots of cuts (which we'll see in EE, I suppose), it looks like they changed the elves CGI (from this to this), and more that I don't remember..

Also a lot of shit. Legolas not returning to Mirkwood being one of them. Seriously, "go find Strider. He may become a great man one day"? And Galadriels line towards Sauron; "You have no power here, servant of Morgoth." The only reference to LotR that I enjoyed was the final minute of the film. That was fantastic.

Can't really make up my mind. It was part-awful, but had it's moments. I didn't outright cry, but felt the tears line up behind my eyes at a few moments.

I'll have to see it again first, which will probably take some time (EE, most likely).

All in all, so glad the trilogy's over. I'm glad that someone actually love these films, because I'm having a hard time doing that.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#165 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:44 AM

Not exactly an endearing review. So its pretty much inline with the other 2. I wonder if the changes were to try and repair some of the damage due to fan reaction.

#166 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:17 PM

And the elven attacking strategy against the orcs? What the fuck?! They threaten Thorin's company with thousands of arrows, but the orcs have to be killed by a sword? There's so many inconsistencies in this film, and logic is far and between.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#167 Stokstaartje95

Stokstaartje95
  • Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:14 PM

The worst character in the entire movie was that troll without feet, for sure!

#168 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:47 PM

I'll be seeing it on Monday, in 2d, for free. 

Prepare for a scathing review! 

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#169 Bofur

Bofur

The Bolicious One

• Hosted
  • 1,766 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Firstborn
  •  The Bolicious T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:46 PM

I loved the first 2/3rds and the scenes with Bilbo after the battle. The Legolas stuff was a bit much.

left64_by_obsidianlake-d5ruayp.pngAotF.pngright64_by_obsidianlake-d5ruf44.png

#170 Echo

Echo

T3A:Online

• T3A Staff
  • 1,069 posts
  • Projects:Lot3A
  •  ~~
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:49 PM

As this is a spoiler topic I'll just share my thoughts after seeing the movie. Seen it yesterday, and I'm not sure what to say. It sure had some decent moments, then again some moments that I thought were complete nonsense. I am not really too much into Tolkien lore, but there were moments where I wanted to smash PJ through the screen.

Galadriel being scared in the beginning was kinda awkward, then the moment that she turned into the "witchform" and bashed Sauron away and moaned some words to it. Maybe it was the German translation that ruined this scene, but I did not really like the visuals either. I mean I expected her to face Sauron, but that fighting scene... I imagined it to be well.. different. Neither did I like the Gandalf vs Sauron sequence in DoS. Saruman finally showed some combat skills, that was kinda cool.

Thorin was pissing me off through the entire movie. Thranduils phrase "Go find Strider", well, I agree with Lauri. At least it had some comedy in it, though. Ultimately, to me it did not really feel like a LotR movie at times, more like an action movie..

Anyway, I also liked some characters of this movie. Bilbo was really good, Balin as well as Thranduil (except for that last phrase of him, obviously). Radagast was a funny guy and Bard was alright.

Edited by Echo, 14 December 2014 - 12:26 AM.

26285.png

#171 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 07:25 PM

Im thinking part of the problem is a lack of actual written content to base some of these confrontations on. The actual battle of the 5 armies doesnt play out in the book, bilbo gets knocked out at the onset and wakes up after its over. Gives too much freedom to the writers and director, same with Sauron being cast out of Dol gulder, we know it happens, but there isnt an actual acount of the events. I know that wouldnt mean "no changes" but it would give the developement some sort of guideline instead going way over the top.

#172 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 07:51 PM

Some common sense and greater original writing ability would also have prevented them from doing so, I think.

#173 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:16 AM

I kinda want to see it again. I want to know if my "well, it was alright. Better than DoS" instant-review 3 minutes after the cinema is real, or if my "shit, it wasn't really that good at all" day-after cinema review is real.

Martin's portrayal of Bilbo is really one of the shining highlights of the trilogy. There's also more actors and characters that shine, at least to my liking. Bofur, Dwalin and Tauriel comes to mind.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#174 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:50 AM

Repeat viewings usually reveal a film's weakness and quality. We have to be careful that "wanting it to be good" is clouding whether or not it really is.  There are bits and pieces from these films that are well done and then there are complete "head scratchers". Unfortunately they drag down the entire trilogy.

#175 Bofur

Bofur

The Bolicious One

• Hosted
  • 1,766 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Firstborn
  •  The Bolicious T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:04 AM

I found with these films that repeat viewings make them better, because they're really detailed.

left64_by_obsidianlake-d5ruayp.pngAotF.pngright64_by_obsidianlake-d5ruf44.png

#176 Stokstaartje95

Stokstaartje95
  • Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:43 PM

I found with these films that repeat viewings make them better, because they're really detailed.

Absolutely agree! Especially the Extended editions are worth watching over and over again. Even in LOTR I still see new thing everytime I watch.

The Hobbit movies still make me want to make a modification, which is a good sign :p 

Edited by Stokstaartje95, 14 December 2014 - 03:44 PM.

#177 GhostOfDurin

GhostOfDurin
  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:11 PM

Absolutely agree! Especially the Extended editions are worth watching over and over again. Even in LOTR I still see new thing everytime I watch.

The Hobbit movies still make me want to make a modification, which is a good sign :p

Also watching the Appendicies on the Extended Edition makes you appreciate the effort put into them a LOT more.

Edited by GhostOfDurin, 14 December 2014 - 05:11 PM.

#178 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:20 PM

I make a distinction between the quality of the art and craftsmanship that went into the creating of these films and the quality of the actual films as they are released onto the big screen. Yes, I enjoy the EE appendices and the Chronicles books, but I cannot help but shake my head at a lot (read: way too many) aspects of the actual films. 

#179 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:15 PM

I actually re-watched all the Video Blogs about a week ago (instead of prepping for an exam) and they're really great fun. I don't own any of the films, and won't buy anything until the EE Trilogy comes out(if ever.. probably), but I do look forward to all the behind-the-scenes stuff. I love it in LotR, and I've found myself on Youtube and watching clips from them quite a bit lately. Likely to avoid prepping for exams, but still, great fun.

EE made DoS better, and possibly AUJ aswell. Hopefully BotFA aswell. The clue is to add more scenes so that it takes longer between the bad parts!

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#180 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:42 AM

I will buy one large collection of all the extended editions of both trilogies. Ive held off on going over to blu ray until they offer one large pack. Ive yet to see the EE of AUJ or DOS but I trust that they are the better cuts of the films.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users