304 replies to this topic

#141 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:21 PM

When some units shoots enemies consecutively, the enemy catches fire and takes after burn damage. Which units can do that and are there any difference of catching fire if a unit attacks an enemy that is effective and least effective? (it means is there any difference of catching fire if tank attacks other vehicles or infantry; are they take same amount of after burn damage of different. and vice versa for anti-infantry tanks, tank hunters and flame throwers.)

Units can catch fire from burning trees or incendiary weapons. I think the burning damage is the same for all units.

The nuclear battle master still shoots nuclear shells that explodes like a nuke cannon shells or nuclear tank hunters.

Did you see it or you read the unit description?

Demo General dolphins are difficult to dodge while they can chase enemies until it dives. Could you make it more delay of diving? I have four cyber avengers and they can't shoot down before they dive.

We'll think about it. Maybe small corrections will be made.

Maybe Tank General need a separate factory for heavy vehicles. I don't like to see the heavy vehicles to emerge out of vanilla factories because of their turrets slip through the walls and roofs. In reality, there will be no roofs. I could think of open air factory like Total Annihilation or Supreme Commander. The under constructed tanks are exposed and could be destroyed.

This is a good idea, but it applies to other War Factories too. Remember Fafnir or Yan Wang. We have thought about it and they will be edited or completely remodelled one day.

Could Sparrow Gunship have an orange cursor like A-10 strike before attacking?

Unlike A-10, Sparrowhawk can retarget or cancel firing. It will be confusing.

Is all flame thrower units can damage multiple enemies in a line or in cone shaped?

Dragon Tanks can select between normal fire and fire wall. Flamethrower infantry shoot like rocket soldiers - in a straight line (small area damage).

Could you make all long range bombers can detect enemies in a long range while attack moving so they won't go into their range? Requires scouting or scanning of course.

Not sure if possible. I'll ask Creator.

Vanilla avengers increases weapon accuracy of friendly units when designating an enemy. Is Contra designators have that ability too?

There is some kind of a bonus, but I'm not sure what you mean by "accuracy". I'm really not sure, is it range?

Could you make the Apocalypse device gets red hot as the time counts down, like a boiling kettle?

I will suggest it to Creator.

Could Colossus have launch pad closed with dome while rebuilding the Sparrowhawk gunship?

Probably there will be some kind of scaffolding, or dome.

#142 PossibleSpy

PossibleSpy
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:08 AM

I found two bugs. If there's a list of known bugs, could I be linked to it?

[Playing as Assault]

Some vehicles didn't drop salvage crates (Gauss tanks are only one's I've noticed so far)

The front cannons in the Karkadann will shoot while moving but not point upwards like the back ones

#143 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:58 AM

I found two bugs. If there's a list of known bugs, could I be linked to it?

[Playing as Assault]

Some vehicles didn't drop salvage crates (Gauss tanks are only one's I've noticed so far)

The front cannons in the Karkadann will shoot while moving but not point upwards like the back ones

Hello, PossibleSpy. There's no list of known bugs available to the public.

Regarding your bug reports, all vehicles will be checked if they drop salvage. But it could be one more thing causing the bug. If you destroy an enemy vehicle with toxins from Toxin Shells, salvage is not dropped too.

Karkadann was already seen having bugs with its cannons.

#144 PossibleSpy

PossibleSpy
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:36 PM

Sometimes the laser does not properly show itself firing out of particle cannons (pic = http://i.imgur.com/tPBONNj.jpg)

Insane enemy for Superweapon general is slow to get started.

The ICBM does not auto repair.

This may not be a bug, but US insane enemies (at least laser, superweapon, and air force, haven't checked robotics) do not build drones at their defenses

#145 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:25 PM

Sometimes the laser does not properly show itself firing out of particle cannons (pic = http://i.imgur.com/tPBONNj.jpg)

Strange, this has never happened to me (and I have been playing Contra for years). Probably, you've exceeded the particle limit.

Insane enemy for Superweapon general is slow to get started.

We are aware of the problems with AI.

The ICBM does not auto repair.

Already reported.

This may not be a bug, but US insane enemies (at least laser, superweapon, and air force, haven't checked robotics) do not build drones at their defenses

Not a bug, just not implemented.

Edited by predator_bg, 09 August 2013 - 10:26 PM.

#146 Lard4Hire

Lard4Hire
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:47 AM

Don't know if this is the right place to ask...

I have C&C The First Decade installed, clean install, fully patched, working fine.

I have Contra downloaded file is 'Contra008Beta.rar'. When I unpack it I get:

!Contra008Beta.big

!Contra008BetaEn.big

!Contra008BetaRu.big

Contra_readme.txt

Install_Final.bmp

Am I missing files or something? I have no installer or anything. My questions are:

1) Does this mod work in single player skirmish against the computer?

2) Should there be an installer?

3) I put the files where it says to for the manual install, but how do I use this mod? How do I use any mods that hve '.big' files?

I am confused, any help appreciated.

Lard4Hire

#147 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:58 AM

Don't know if this is the right place to ask...

I have C&C The First Decade installed, clean install, fully patched, working fine.

I have Contra downloaded file is 'Contra008Beta.rar'. When I unpack it I get:

!Contra008Beta.big

!Contra008BetaEn.big

!Contra008BetaRu.big

Contra_readme.txt

Install_Final.bmp

Am I missing files or something? I have no installer or anything. My questions are:

1) Does this mod work in single player skirmish against the computer?

2) Should there be an installer?

3) I put the files where it says to for the manual install, but how do I use this mod? How do I use any mods that hve '.big' files?

I am confused, any help appreciated.

Lard4Hire

There is no installer for this Beta release. You have to install it manually.

You have missed the instructions. Here they are:

Put all files inside a clean Zero Hour directory (with no mods installed) and rename Scripts folder to Scripts1 (which is located inside Data folder).
Only one of these files must be inside your Zero Hour directory:
"!Contra008BetaRu.big" - for Russian language.
"!Contra008BetaEn.big" - for English language.

Zero Hour version 1.04 is required!

All mods have .big files. To launch the mod, you have to run generals.exe. The mod works in single player, but there are some AI bugs. Actually, I don't recommend you this release if you are new to the mod. Contra 007 is a full release, this one is a Beta. 007 is less glitchy and more "polished". It also has 30-50 players in Tunngle every day. I play it there too. :)

#148 Treble

Treble
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:22 AM

The nuclear battle master still shoots nuclear shells that explodes like a nuke cannon shells or nuclear tank hunters.

Did you see it or you read the unit description?

I checked that Nuclear Battlemaster doesn't shoot nuclear bullets anymore. But the description that it can shoot is still there. Same is true for ARV on laying mines.

Vanilla avengers increases weapon accuracy of friendly units when designating an enemy. Is Contra designators have that ability too?

There is some kind of a bonus, but I'm not sure what you mean by "accuracy". I'm really not sure, is it range?

Go here http://cnc.wikia.com...nger_(Generals)

Laser General Libra doesn't have Argon Lasers upgrade.

How does the upgrade from Tokamac power plant cuts the required power in half when Laser Crusader requires power one initially?

Target Designation Generals Power:

1. Does it increases damage to buildings?
  2. Does friendly units receives more damage when going into the designation area?
  3. It reveals enemy units and buildings but no detection alert and the revealed units look like normal visiuality instead of half-transparent orange color.

Some attackable transports and helicopters can't ordered to attack when targets an enemy (no cursor) but when they are in range, they can order to attack.

When Avengers targets a stealth enemy while the detector detects it, the enemy loses half-transparent orange color.

When vanilla Microwave Tank disables a building and ordered to cancel attacking, the building gets recovered after a short period of time. In Contra, the disabled building recovers immediately after canceling attack of Microwave Tank.

When selecting Special powers, 'get in ' cursor appears when hover above an Airfield.

USA special powers doesn't appear on the right hand side of the screen.

I saw some cut contents from C&C Generals and used effectively as new units in Contra. Good work.

Edited by Treble, 26 August 2013 - 01:23 AM.

#149 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:08 AM

I checked that Nuclear Battlemaster doesn't shoot nuclear bullets anymore. But the description that it can shoot is still there. Same is true for ARV on laying mines.

I know about the description. It will be fixed.

Go here http://cnc.wikia.com...nger_(Generals)

I know, but it's not explained. It just says accuracy.

Laser General Libra doesn't have Argon Lasers upgrade.

Maybe we should add it. I will talk to Creator.

How does the upgrade from Tokamac power plant cuts the required power in half when Laser Crusader requires power one initially?

Interesting question. I am not the coder and I'm not sure but I'll answer. I think that if you have one Laser Crusader - power will stay the same, but if you have 2, 4, 6, etc. Laser Crusaders - the required power will be calculated normally. Let's say you have 5 Laser Crusaders. The required power will be either 2 or 3. As far as I know, the engine does not allow energy points such as 1.5, 2.5, etc., so probably that's how it works. Test it in-game and see.

Target Designation Generals Power:

1. Does it increases damage to buildings?
  2. Does friendly units receives more damage when going into the designation area?
  3. It reveals enemy units and buildings but no detection alert and the revealed units look like normal visiuality instead of half-transparent orange color.

1. Increases the damage of your units by 30%. This means that every enemy is affected (aircraft, buildings, tanks, etc.).

2. No. They can stay outside the area. As long as the enemies are in the designation area - your units bring more damage to them.

3. It's because the enemies lose their stealth ability. It's not like they are stealth and just detected.

Some attackable transports and helicopters can't ordered to attack when targets an enemy (no cursor) but when they are in range, they can order to attack.

It is a known glitch.

When Avengers targets a stealth enemy while the detector detects it, the enemy loses half-transparent orange color.

It has been like this since Generals.

When vanilla Microwave Tank disables a building and ordered to cancel attacking, the building gets recovered after a short period of time. In Contra, the disabled building recovers immediately after canceling attack of Microwave Tank.

It's to avoid one Microwave Tank disabling multiple buildings at once (you could start disabling another building while the first one is still recovering in Zero Hour).

When selecting Special powers, 'get in ' cursor appears when hover above an Airfield.

True. It has been reported long time ago. You can also click on the ground and see the "move" animation.

Which powers don't appear? Most of them are stored in the Special Powers Menu. Same for China and GLA.

#150 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Projects:thinking...:p
  •  not Red :(

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:48 PM

a little bug i found yesterday

some infantry units are hardly selectable.

it happened when i played with gla demo.

Edited by Thats me!, 26 August 2013 - 07:48 PM.

#151 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:21 PM

a little bug i found yesterday

some infantry units are hardly selectable.

it happened when i played with gla demo.

We know about it. We first noticed this with GLA Worker - only the lower half of the Worker was selectable.

#152 Treble

Treble
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:55 PM

Which powers don't appear? Most of them are stored in the Special Powers Menu. Same for China and GLA.

Spydrone: shows on the right side of the screen in Vanilla Zero Hour

I would like to have strategy change from Strategy Center to appear on the right side of the screen.

China Dozer upgrade doesn't let it move through water. The description says it can.

PHOBOS: good model. Is it a manned vehicle or a robot?

When enemy Sniper Tank starts to go up the ramp to the high ground, it can shoot enemies on the highground before the Sniper Tank gets to the highground.

Edited by Treble, 01 September 2013 - 09:55 PM.

#153 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:07 AM

I would like to have strategy change from Strategy Center to appear on the right side of the screen.

This will cost three slots and I think it's redundant.

China Dozer upgrade doesn't let it move through water. The description says it can.

Where was this and on which map? Sounds like the map does not allow water movement.

PHOBOS: good model. Is it a manned vehicle or a robot?

It is a Cybernetic unit, therefore it is an unmanned robot.

When enemy Sniper Tank starts to go up the ramp to the high ground, it can shoot enemies on the highground before the Sniper Tank gets to the highground.

Not fixable. It's connected with the game engine.

#154 Treble

Treble
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:14 AM

Where was this and on which map? Sounds like the map does not allow water movement.

[Seaside Mutiny] the map that Chinese dozer can't cross on water.

Why enemy AI can sell structures while I cannot?

Chinese Immolator with explosion proof armor: it's dragon face gets hidden. Could you make it like a dragon mask/armor?

New unit idea:

• Hinomaru(Circle of the Sun) Tank. Heavy vortex tank that is available in Flame General rank 3. It can fire flare cannon to reveal maps and stealth units. Also it can fire a small sun on target area. The sun makes enemies receive more damage from flame attacks and makes all non-flame users/resistant units gets slowly damaged. Hinomaru is a Japanese word.
  • Mole Tank. Rank 3 Assault Generals tank that can dig itself underground and become a stationary turret. It increases fire power, range and armor while in stationary mode.

Edited by Treble, 04 September 2013 - 02:15 AM.

#155 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:22 AM

[Seaside Mutiny] the map that Chinese dozer can't cross on water.

Okay. The map will be checked.

Why enemy AI can sell structures while I cannot?

It is hardcoded and we can't remove his ability to sell his buildings. It is not a big deal and it's just a bot.

Chinese Immolator with explosion proof armor: it's dragon face gets hidden. Could you make it like a dragon mask/armor?

Maybe, but we have much more important tasks to complete first.

New unit idea:

• Hinomaru(Circle of the Sun) Tank. Heavy vortex tank that is available in Flame General rank 3. It can fire flare cannon to reveal maps and stealth units. Also it can fire a small sun on target area. The sun makes enemies receive more damage from flame attacks and makes all non-flame users/resistant units gets slowly damaged. Hinomaru is a Japanese word.
  • Mole Tank. Rank 3 Assault Generals tank that can dig itself underground and become a stationary turret. It increases fire power, range and armor while in stationary mode.

Thanks for the unit ideas.

Edited by predator_bg, 04 September 2013 - 06:22 AM.

#156 Darkstarr

Darkstarr
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:10 AM

i was playing with someone ,he was infantry and used Cloning on hackers and multipled them to 32 and do so on

is that a bug ?

Edited by Darkstarr, 05 September 2013 - 07:11 AM.

#157 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:28 PM

i was playing with someone ,he was infantry and used Cloning on hackers and multipled them to 32 and do so on

is that a bug ?

No. You can clone Hackers as much as you want. This is not a huge advantage because your enemy won't be able to build more Internet Centers, and the cloned Hackers will be exposed. Only Black Lotus can't be cloned.

#158 ego

ego
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:20 PM

always 'technical dificulties' when i defeated general boss on challange.

and some times (random) stuck in 'you are victorious' ( but game not crash or hang) when defeated some general.but game saved that progres to next challange.

notice in task manager memory usege increase until ~1800mb and then zero again and so on.

got much techical dificulties on win 8 but not in 7,enable pagefile on win 8 no diferent.

hope AI super insane on final release.for killing 'cant sleep' at midnight.

#159 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:09 AM

always 'technical dificulties' when i defeated general boss on challange.

and some times (random) stuck in 'you are victorious' ( but game not crash or hang) when defeated some general.but game saved that progres to next challange.

notice in task manager memory usege increase until ~1800mb and then zero again and so on.

got much techical dificulties on win 8 but not in 7,enable pagefile on win 8 no diferent.

hope AI super insane on final release.for killing 'cant sleep' at midnight.

Challenge is being fixed now. We are aware of Challenge and AI problems.

#160 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Projects:thinking...:p
  •  not Red :(

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:19 PM

ok,

something really weird happened with me today,

i was playing with flame gen,

everything was ok until i sent 8 migs on a enemy command Center (insane AI Tank gen, had full HP) to do some damage/ destroy it,

but when the missile hit the buiding i got a weird graphical error in that errior, i was seeing something (yellow-blackish) coming from the firestorm and completely blending the screen!.

i noticed that it happened with another firestorm from one of flame gen's heavy artillery!

it happened only in fire-storm intensive areas, i noticed,

the whole map was fine.

i can't really explain it,

i even tried to get some pics,

but when i try to open/ upload them i get ''invalid format'',

sorry!

Edited by Thats me!, 15 September 2013 - 08:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users