#81 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:38 PM

I don't see why anyone shouldn't be free to work for any mod he/she likes, as in as many as they like. Anything made for SEE (maps as well as models) is free for other (established) mods as far as I am concerned, if the mapper or modeler chooses to. Personally I think there's too much competition in modding. If more modders help eachother with assets, models, maps, and whatnot, we'd have more quality mods out there instead of a bunch half baked projects ;p

Anyway, dont wanna highjack this topic, so I'll just say - these maps look great and would be an awesome addition to any great mod, wether it's Edain, SaF, RC, etc =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#82 Dark Lord

Dark Lord

title available

• Project Team
  • 365 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:33 PM

Greetings to all think, exactly the Nazgul's words, I have many of my projects that I do not care for those who want them. that's another topic that I will not talk.

#83 Dark Lord

Dark Lord

title available

• Project Team
  • 365 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:55 PM

Long ago, I saw a map of  ruins  of  Osgiliath That I really like.  and so reconstructed why Osgiliath gem . As part of the group of maps Minas Anor, Osgiliath, Minas Ithil 

only missing details 

Osgiliath 3429 S.E.

Osg1.jpg

Osg2.jpgOsg3.jpgOsg4.jpgOsg5.jpgOsg6.jpgOsg7.jpgOsg8.jpgOsg9.jpg

Osg10.jpg

Osg12.jpg

Osg13.jpgOsg14.jpgOsg15.jpg

Osg11.jpg

Edited by Dark Lord, 02 May 2014 - 03:24 AM.

#84 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:44 PM

Unfortunately you might find that the walls and bridges have pathing issues.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#85 Dark Lord

Dark Lord

title available

• Project Team
  • 365 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:41 AM

Unfortunately you might find that the walls and bridges have pathing issues.

No my friend. 

the structure of this bridge is contemplated.

Osg20.jpg

and on the walls, and have an internal reinforcement structure. and therefore can be used normally

Osg21.jpgOsg22.jpg

#86 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:24 AM

Do you know how to teleport structures off-map or to stop the game from drawing them? That way you can still have the geometry (because the geometry remains) without the player being able to see the Rivendell bridges.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#87 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:04 AM

As detailed as that is... I have to say, those bridges don't really go together. Also, unlike the visually intelligent construction of your previous maps, this looks unmistakenly kitbashed.

"Everyone's a hero when there's nowhere left to run."

Auxiliary Skarn, 2333rd Cohort

#88 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:19 AM

There are also the light brown arched walls from the Grey Havens, snow covered towers from Fornost, two towers of Amon Sul. The bridges are from the main gate of Minas Tirith.

#89 Dark Lord

Dark Lord

title available

• Project Team
  • 365 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:31 AM

There are also the light brown arched walls from the Grey Havens, snow covered towers from Fornost, two towers of Amon Sul. The bridges are from the main gate of Minas Tirith.

to which you refer? ........ snow covered towers from Fornost?, two towers of Amon Sul? what is your point?????

#90 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:05 AM

I've seen what you've done with the retextured Mithlond buildings. It would make the Fornost tower and the Amon Sul tower much less recognisable if you didn't use them or did the same thing as the Mithlond buildings. It takes away from the map if one can recognise structures that shouldn't be there.

#91 Bofur

Bofur

The Bolicious One

• Hosted
  • 1,766 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Firstborn
  •  The Bolicious T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:44 AM

Basically, Matt is saying that you should either remove the Amon Sul/Fornost buildings, or retexture them, so that they are less recognisable.

left64_by_obsidianlake-d5ruayp.pngAotF.pngright64_by_obsidianlake-d5ruf44.png

#92 Dark Lord

Dark Lord

title available

• Project Team
  • 365 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:34 PM

Basically, Matt is saying that you should either remove the Amon Sul/Fornost buildings, or retexture them, so that they are less recognisable.

I've seen what you've done with the retextured Mithlond buildings. It would make the Fornost tower and the Amon Sul tower much less recognisable if you didn't use them or did the same thing as the Mithlond buildings. It takes away from the map if one can recognise structures that shouldn't be there.

No, it would not be feasible, moreover, Osgiliath was founded around 3320 S.E, like Fornost, amon sul​​, Arnor and Ithil among others. Osgiliath must have a type of architecture between Arnor and Gondor. So are buildings that are in both maps.

would have to change textures of a map to another, it would be best to create new buildings, but do not have time, I can only work with what there is in BFME

#93 Dark Lord

Dark Lord

title available

• Project Team
  • 365 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:44 PM

Umbar Port 

Umbar.1.jpgUmbar1.1.jpg

Umbar2.1.jpgUmbar3.1.jpgUmbar4.1.jpg

Umbar5.1.jpgUmbar6.1.jpg

#94 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:43 PM

Im really diggin the umbar port, its a bit messy like many have said before me. I think it works well, however you need to clean up the alignment of your objects and buildings/walls. It really is pulling the map down. I hope you dont mind, Im taking inspiration from your umbar map for my own.

BTW I like your Osgiliath, I see you took my ruins map and made it brand new looking - which is a tough endevour by its self. I have since updated the original Osgiliath map with rounded ruined walls though.

#95 Dark Lord

Dark Lord

title available

• Project Team
  • 365 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:50 PM

Im really diggin the umbar port, its a bit messy like many have said before me. I think it works well, however you need to clean up the alignment of your objects and buildings/walls. It really is pulling the map down. I hope you dont mind, Im taking inspiration from your umbar map for my own.

BTW I like your Osgiliath, I see you took my ruins map and made it brand new looking - which is a tough endevour by its self. I have since updated the original Osgiliath map with rounded ruined walls though.

Thanks, lots to do, before putting them to download, for that matter, if your map is inspired by something of mine is an honor, many details have to do. 
Your map of Osgiliath definitely the best map my respects.

#96 Dark Lord

Dark Lord

title available

• Project Team
  • 365 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:09 PM

Minas_Ithil 
Capital the Ithilien 
Minas_Ithil5.jpg
Minas_Ithil6.jpgMinas_Ithil11.jpgMinas_Ithil10.jpgMinas_Ithil9.jpgMinas_Ithil8.jpgMinas_Ithil7.jpgMinas_Ithil12.jpg
Minas_Ithil14.jpgMinas_Ithil13.jpg

The secret stairs
Minas_Ithil4.jpg
Minas_Ithil3.jpg
Minas_Ithil2.jpg
Minas_Ithil1.jpg

Minas_Ithil15.jpg
Minas_Ithil16.jpg

Edited by Dark Lord, 01 June 2014 - 09:23 PM.

#97 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:26 PM

Those cliffs look stretched and ugly try playing around with the Cliff texture tool with a bit of luck a practice you can get some good results with it.

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#98 SKILLZ

SKILLZ
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:48 AM

hehe nice maps :D (y) but i dont like textures , try to use different styles :D and it will be good :)

btw.. i saw your baraddur map .. not what i expected :D but as u said it's not finished :D

here is my barad-dur map:

http://imgur.com/Mg0TAiL

http://imgur.com/Ya9MXon

http://imgur.com/PJAtn0L

http://imgur.com/OC0k1oj

http://imgur.com/eaLEpNx

btw: NJM and MTL i use some little ideas from your maps :)

#99 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:05 PM

You have a topic you already started to showcase your work, Skillz. Don't put your work in other peoples' showcase, it's not only rude, it makes me like you less.

"Everyone's a hero when there's nowhere left to run."

Auxiliary Skarn, 2333rd Cohort

#100 SKILLZ

SKILLZ
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:40 PM

hmmm u right!, sorry i'm new on this 4room :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users