Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:19 PM

Thank you, you are very helpful.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#22 barrrrt

barrrrt
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:47 PM

I tried to install the server with the lite edition but it didn't work (no online files, so obviously no luck)
I also tried it with the anniversary edition but this didn't work either

Here is what i had to do to get it working on windows 7:

1. Completely uninstall the game - Use add or Remove programs followed by CCleaner (http://www.piriform....wnload/standard)
2. If you have the original disk then use it to install the game then jump to step 7
3. If you do not have the disk download this torrent file https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

4. Open it in uTorrent or bit torrent http://www.utorrent.com
5. Wait for the download to finish and extract the iso

6. Mount the iso and install the game

7. Once the game is installed, download and install patch 1.03 https://docs.google....VThvOFlqYnpFVmM
8. Now run the server client install
9. Install patch 1.05 http://www.moddb.com...s/get-patch-105

10. Re-run the server client install
11. Right click your bfme shortcut and set it to run in compatibility mode for xp service pack 3
12. Now you're good to go

Hope this helps, I'm currently uploading an ISO of the original bfme image so I'll post the link to that when its done

Ok.. why do we have to rerun the tool after installing 1.05???  I just did the order, they showed us on the 3rdage page.  Cleaninstall of bfme, patch to 1.03, running the server tool, installing 1.05. That it was on my side.

I heard of some people who installed the server tool after installing 1.05. Most of em had problems. I dont know why!!!!!

#23 V1C1US

V1C1US
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:10 PM

problem_ problema entro al juego escojo la opción online y se queda hay, no avanza a la ventana de datos

#24 mal

mal
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:25 AM

I have a new problem guys. When I try miminizar the game with the new patch does not work. I tried CTRL + TAB, ALT + ESC, but it works: you put the black screen and returns to the game. To see my desk I quit the game. Do you know of a solution?

thank you very much

#25 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:29 AM

I'm quite sure that has nothing to do with the patch. The game runs exactly like it does without the patch... Maybe restart the computer?

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#26 mal

mal
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:37 AM

I reinstall 1.05 and no problem for miminizar, but with 1.06 i dont cant. And to see my desk I quit the game, ;/

Edited by mal, 22 September 2013 - 12:43 AM.

#27 mal

mal
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:19 AM

I identified the problem, but do not know how to fix it. 
When running "lotrbfme_.exe (patch 1.06)" in compatibility mode with Windows XP SP3, I can not minimize automatically.  I identified this uninstalling the patch 1.06 and runing the file "lotrbfme.exe (patch 1.05)" in compatibility mode with Windows XP SP3, and what happened was that when runing the game I couldn't minimize the game.

My problem is that to play in the server I need to use compatiblity mode with Windows XP SP2/3.

Is there any way to make it compatible without using compatibility mode in the "lotrbfme_.exe" patch 1.06? because I can not use miminizar the game.

I have Windows 8 64 bit.

Ty.

Edited by mal, 22 September 2013 - 05:20 AM.

#28 zloi_vasya

zloi_vasya
  • New Members
  • 3 posts
  •  BFME FUN

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:46 AM

Our russian community have trouble with connection: Login Timed Out, my OS windows 7, 1,05 patch, all offciall and download in your link, what it is? can you help me.. plz

#29 NoName^^

NoName^^
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:09 AM

" no password was found for the specifed account " wtf ;/

#30 GoldenAxe

GoldenAxe
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:39 AM

my game isnt starting when I click launch BFME...idk why, i have installed all the things it needs, and i have 1,05patch

#31 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Job:Leader

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:55 AM

@NoName: Please read our tutorial and setup your T3A:Online password in your Revora account.

@GoldenAxe: Set your BFME shortcut to Windows XP compatibility.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#32 GoldenAxe

GoldenAxe
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

ok thanks, its working

but now i cant log in. when i want to log in after a few minutes it says that log in timed out

#33 Nirvana

Nirvana
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:10 AM

Im a little bit confused. Can the game be played on the new online feature,using the BFME Anniversary Edition? Because when I clicked 'Online' when inside the the game,it says that I need to update the game,and then redirect me to a page where the update will be dowloaded and installed. But when trying to install the update,it says there's an error (Old FIles Does Not Exists).

Thanks

#34 Stayin´Alive

Stayin´Alive
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

If you download a cracked LOTR from torrent etc, will it also work? Ther game.dat is sometimes modified.

Edited by Stayin´Alive, 23 September 2013 - 12:00 PM.

#35 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:19 PM

If it only includes a no-CD patch, then probably yes. If there are many other modifications to game.dat, then probably no.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#36 barrrrt

barrrrt
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

Please take care, that if you install the game as administrator (mate did it on windows 8) the appdata folder, where the options.ini has to be placed (if its missing) is in the appdata folder for the administrator... not of the current user!!

#37 Arrowwind

Arrowwind
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

I had this up and running but then had to reformat the PC and now I get this message...  "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed".  I have and can download other programs and install them without this problem, so it appears only to be a problem with the T3A program for me.

I did have a problem with the game saying I needed to download the 103 patch, but this message disappears when run in compat with WinXP.

I have the original game disc and I have uninstalled, used CCleaner etc a number of times.  I have tried installing T3A after 1.03 but still get installer error message, same after 105 etc...

I would have uploaded a couple of screen shots to help but there is no toolbar icon or anything under the text box to do this.

Thanks for your assistance.

#38 Goldtouch

Goldtouch

title available

• Hosted
  • 449 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

I had this up and running but then had to reformat the PC and now I get this message...  "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed".  I have and can download other programs and install them without this problem, so it appears only to be a problem with the T3A program for me.

I did have a problem with the game saying I needed to download the 103 patch, but this message disappears when run in compat with WinXP.

I have the original game disc and I have uninstalled, used CCleaner etc a number of times.  I have tried installing T3A after 1.03 but still get installer error message, same after 105 etc...

I would have uploaded a couple of screen shots to help but there is no toolbar icon or anything under the text box to do this.

Thanks for your assistance.

Either Reinstall latest windows installer... or try to fix it throughthe provided link
http://support.micro...om/kb/315346/nl

Edited by THORONGlL, 02 October 2013 - 08:07 PM.

#39 jonsonofjack

jonsonofjack
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:04 AM

I downloaded bfme online.  When I ran the installation it got hung up at the very end (screen saying "finishing installation...").  24 hours later, still hungup...  It actually put an icon on my desktop for the game, which I can click to get the "T3A: online screen," but when I click "Launch BFME" nothing happens.  So now I'm completely unable to play BFME <sigh>  HELP!!!

I'm on windows xp sp3 (old school!). 

#40 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:30 PM

Did you try it again? Enough free discspace? Did you try to install any other version of BFME (anniversary or lite or..)? Maybe those work.

Make sure to close every other installation and maybe disable your firewall/antivir software during the installation.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users