Photo

Fixing Connection Issues (Port Forwarding Guide)

bfme1 & bfme2

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#201 iamluthien

iamluthien
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 04:13 PM

Hi there! How do I allow the game to send and receive TCP and UDP packages? I am trying to understand how to do that but I didn't find a way

#202 Lord_Provecho

Lord_Provecho
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 07:55 PM

Hello,

A friend and I also have connection problems in the lobby before a game. It sounds a lot like the problems discussed in this thread. And we´d be quite thankful for some help!

I´ve already tried port forwarding and I´m quite sure that I set this up correctly. But the tool "port forward network utilities" (and other port check websites) tell me, that the port is not open. 

I guess it´s the CGNAT problem explained earlier (by Jokuc). But my internet provider says they can´t change anything about it. I have to stay with my current IP adress.

Is there any other solvution for the connection problem?

Do we absolutely need an open port, or could we change the in-game settings like not-checking the firewall (we already put the options.ini to ready-only)?

What about VPN tunneling? Has anyone experience?

Or can we also somehow use IPv6 adresses (some day)?

Thanks for the help!

Edited by Lord_Provecho, 02 April 2020 - 07:57 PM.

#203 Jokuc

Jokuc

Hardcore Procrastinator

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 02 April 2020 - 09:20 PM

Hi there! How do I allow the game to send and receive TCP and UDP packages? I am trying to understand how to do that but I didn't find a way

1. Search for "firewall" and press Windows Defender Firewall with advanced security.

2. Go to "inbound rules" and look if you have bfme in this list. If not, press New Rule -> Program -> Next -> This Program Path (pick lotrbfme2.exe) -> Next -> Allow The Connection -> next next (give a name)

3. Do the same in "outbound rules"

I´ve already tried port forwarding and I´m quite sure that I set this up correctly. But the tool "port forward network utilities" (and other port check websites) tell me, that the port is not open. 

I guess it´s the CGNAT problem explained earlier (by Jokuc). But my internet provider says they can´t change anything about it. I have to stay with my current IP adress.

Is there any other solvution for the connection problem?

Do we absolutely need an open port, or could we change the in-game settings like not-checking the firewall (we already put the options.ini to ready-only)?

What about VPN tunneling? Has anyone experience?

Or can we also somehow use IPv6 adresses (some day)?

If you specified that you want your own (dedicated) public ip and they tell you they won't do it there's not much you can do about that issue other than changing isp. Have they told you that they do use cgnat or is this just speculation on your part? It's easy to get someone stupid on the other end of the tech support line, I once called asking to get rid of cgnat and he said they weren't using it but sounded like he didn't even understand what I was talking about. I called again and got to talk to someone more educated who fixed it right away.

Port 16000 does absolutely need to be open, the game uses p2p. As for the options.ini file, as this guide tells you, the 3 first lines should be added. The fourth (firewallportoverride) is only added if you play bfme1 and the gamespyip should be removed. You shouldn't have to put in any specific in-game settings, just try press refresh nat in options.

You can try a VPN but pick a server that allows p2p.

No, bfme is an old game, it doesn't support IPv6 afaik.

Honestly at this point you might just want to try gameranger instead of t3ao, but you might have issues there too as they also use port 16000. Worth a try though.

#204 Kircix

Kircix
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 01:02 AM

I desperately need help. I have been trying to follow all of these guides for the last few days so I can play BFME1 online. I am unable to connect to other players (there was one occassion where I could join but I don't know why). I really want to play online but am getting frustrated following these guides over and over with no results. Can someone please suggest some ideas of what might be wrong? Maybe ask me to screen you particular things so you can check that I'm not just a complete idiot? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I've got my PortForward and my BFME Options attached. What am I missing? I'm going insane! I have just used PortChecker and it says that 16000 isn't open (but I have done everything I'm supposed to have, I'm sure). Please send Aid!

Is there an issue around IPv4 and IPv6? When I use whatsmyip.com it says IPv4 not detected (it is only giving my IPv6 address). Is the issue here?

Attached Thumbnails

• PortForward.PNG
  • BFME Options.PNG

Edited by Kircix, 06 April 2020 - 02:49 AM.

#205 907lannister

907lannister
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 07:25 AM

This is for a LAN Network game right? And solutions should work on mac as well? On the same network we see each others game but when either of us tries to join the other it says "connection timed out". 1/10 times we are able to make it into the same lobby but as soon as the game starts loading up one is kicked out. We both have the most updated RoTWK 2.02. 

#206 charly0121

charly0121
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 05:00 PM

Hi.

My friends and me did every step. Open 1600 port, edit options.ini, block write permisions, etc. But we have problems with NAT. Sometimes refreshing NAT we solve the problem, but not always.

If we play 1vs1 usualy can play, 1vs2 too. But, if we are more players its really really dificult play.

Is there any solution?

#207 Erosael

Erosael
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 03:12 PM

Hello, 

T3A Online only works within same network but in diferent networks always shows ''Attempting to connect''

I've followed instructions to PORT OPENING and Firewall configuration but I can't play onlline with my friends.

Can you help me?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users