• Please log in to reply
853 replies to this topic

#801 BlackAbsence

BlackAbsence

BlargleGargle

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 09:46 PM

The Tesla Reactor... I know, it sucks... It takes up more space and gives less power in comparison to the other power plants, and yes; making the Nuclear Reactor a tier 2 Soviet structure would compensate for this, but; it's a bit of an over compensation, and nuclear technology has always been aptly at tier 3, such as; the Nuwa, Desolater, and Eradicator, so personally; I'm totally against the Nuclear Reactor becoming a tier 2 Soviet structure.

It's suppose to be that "OP / power this base and another" Super power plant that I worked so hard on getting. Now all I gotta do is buy a radar?...  :|

Agreed , I once suggested that Nuke reactor's power production should be reduced from 2000 to around 1200-1300. For a T2 structure nuke reactor is just way too cost-effective.

Or have its HP reduced by 25%, ultra high power output with greater risk.

btw this should go under balance discussion :p

Oh. Thanks. I'll put it under balance discussion... when I find it :p

Infinitive absence.

#802 BlackAbsence

BlackAbsence

BlargleGargle

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 10:53 PM

Hero/Heroine Infantry, when used effectively, can get so much work done, usually destroying a net value of your enemy's investment, way father than their cost; $1500, or in Chitzkoi's case; $1000.

Many people have complained about the infamous Libra, Siegfried, and Norio, to name a few, to be way overpowered and a massive annoyance, and I have to agree with them to some extent.

I understand they have their counters, but despite that, they're still quite the nuisance... In most cases they're a "build this to win" option, especially when "tech rushing".

I'd like things less Hero/Heroine oriented when it comes to game-play, so I'm proposing two things:

- Heroes/Heroine Infantry should be $500 more expensive.

- Heroes/Heroine Infantry should take 1.5 or 2 times longer to train from a barracks.

And that's all.

Edited by BlackAbsence, 09 July 2015 - 02:20 PM.

Infinitive absence.

#803 Plasma_Wolf

Plasma_Wolf
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 07:18 PM

It's only a small thing not many other people think about, but I'd still like to mention it.

I'm enjoying the crate war game a lot, but the nuke-in-a-crate is too strong in my opinion. It's also bugged (When you have the nuclear missile silo built, the nuke-in-a-crate has no effect). Crate war is always a bit unbalanced but the sudden nuke is a real game changer, wasting an entire base at a moment's notice. I know that there's a map where you can fire some sort of cruise missile (does that thing have the demo truck strength?) and I think it would be better if the nuke-in-a-crate is replaced with that. Not too powerful, but a nice thing from the crate.

Additionally, the number crates that return the fog of war is a tad too high. Sometimes I'm not getting any for minutes, but sometimes I get one after another. If the odds of this thing were reduces slightly, it would be much less frustrating, after a couple of minutes playing.

#804 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:34 PM

It is hard to expect crate war to be possibly balanced, really. :p

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#805 BlackAbsence

BlackAbsence

BlargleGargle

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 07:10 AM

All and all, yes, Crate War is imbalanced, but that's the "name of the game".

It's suppose to be a gamble tending to whoever collects the most crates, for; then their more likely to get better outcomes, such as; Apoc tanks or Master Minds, which can be just as effevtive as a Nuke if your opponent is unlucky / unprepared.

It's also bugged (When you have the nuclear missile silo built, the nuke-in-a-crate has no effect). I know that there's a map where you can fire some sort of cruise missile and I think it would be better if the nuke-in-a-crate is replaced with that.

You raise a good point though, being that the Soviet Nuke Silo negates the Nuke-in-a-crate goody, whereas the other sides super weapons do not, however; porpoising the replacement support power to be the tech-missile results in the same problem, as in; if you've captured a tech-missile silo then it'll negate the now tech-missle-in-a-crate goody, therefore; I'd recommend a support power which can uniquely stand alone to alleviate the issue at hand.

Crate War should definitely touch upon these:

-This nuke thing.

-Libra Clones being feed to the grinder to acquire their technology via barracks, in turn; exploiting the game.

-China has EMP... Nuff said.

Edited by BlackAbsence, 27 July 2015 - 07:30 AM.

Infinitive absence.

#806 Plasma_Wolf

Plasma_Wolf
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 05:51 PM

Itr's been a while since I've been on the forums (windows 10 issue drove me here).

It is hard to expect crate war to be possibly balanced, really. :p

That's true of course. But while the purpose of a crate war is to create as much mayhem as possible, there are some illogical things that should be dealt with. Also, the overpowered things are most overpowered at certain sweetspots in the game (Nuke-in-a-crate, I'm shortening it to NIAC, is most destructive from the moment the opponent has a war factory up to and including the battlelab/tech centre rises from the ground. Those are the expensive long time weapons that allow you to compete with what tends to come out of those crates (apocalypse tanks and masterminds) and a single NIAC can set you back a couple of minutes.

You raise a good point though, being that the Soviet Nuke Silo negates the Nuke-in-a-crate goody, whereas the other sides super weapons do not, however; porpoising the replacement support power to be the tech-missile results in the same problem, as in; if you've captured a tech-missile silo then it'll negate the now tech-missle-in-a-crate goody, therefore; I'd recommend a support power which can uniquely stand alone to alleviate the issue at hand.

-This nuke thing.

-Libra Clones being feed to the grinder to acquire their technology via barracks, in turn; exploiting the game.

I think the easiest workaround is to make something with a different UnitID. I barely have any programming knowledge, but I do know that computers tend to ignore a second thing with the same name/ID, or crash because of a conflict as a result of a duplicate.

So maybe the whole thing can be solved by litteraly naming it "nuke-in-a-crate".

Something else also came to mind. Is it possible to increase the variety over time? If so, then it's very easy to limit the crates to basic tanks, unit kills, map unreveal and miners for the first few minutes, and after a while you can add the apocalypse tanks, nuwa cannons, prism tanks and masterminds. The NIAC, or downsized version of that can be put in the second category.

You want a fun game filled with mayhem? Simply let the players grow a bit and then add the mayhem :twisted:

#807 Toveena

Toveena

baLANcE KUrwa

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Projects:PSM
  •  バイツァ・ダスト

Posted 10 August 2015 - 03:56 AM

Speeder trike's warhead against Heavy Unit is a bit underwhelming compared to its counter part (Marauder, Zephyr, Mirga, Especailly Mirage having full damage against all armor, dayum). Atm it's damage against heavy is 25%, which is a  big drop from 45%(light) and 35%(med), almost halved the effectiveness. Im suggesting increase the med and heavy percentage to 40% and 35%. Especially Since SC does not have a t3 anti-armor monster tank, Speeder trike falls off quickly into the late game.

Edited by Toveena, 10 August 2015 - 03:56 AM.

#808 DetectiveTaco

DetectiveTaco

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  lolwut

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:05 PM

I'm enjoying the crate war game a lot, but the nuke-in-a-crate is too strong in my opinion. It's also bugged (When you have the nuclear missile silo built, the nuke-in-a-crate has no effect). Crate war is always a bit unbalanced but the sudden nuke is a real game changer, wasting an entire base at a moment's notice. I know that there's a map where you can fire some sort of cruise missile (does that thing have the demo truck strength?) and I think it would be better if the nuke-in-a-crate is replaced with that. Not too powerful, but a nice thing from the crate.

Maybe replace the nuclear missile with the tech missile bunker's?

#809 ShadowE

ShadowE

Retired MO player, Current CSGO Casual

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  Now known as TY

Posted 11 August 2015 - 07:06 AM

Now with the buff to Mauraders vs Infantry, I think the effectiveness of Libra against infantry can be reduced, or at least her splash, because Libra can take down entire groups of infantry in one volley, rendering even the buffed Maurader useless.

A nerf to splash damage/radius is what I suggest.

#810 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 11 August 2015 - 07:43 AM

As far as I know, Libra damage for targets beside main one equals 0.5
As she shoots in barrages its enough to obliberate most of infantry units in groups, rendering infantry usage against her useless. I think that changing her precentatmax from 0.5 to lower value and decraaing splash damage efficency againat infantry will be enough.

#811 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  • Projects:Doom Desire
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:44 AM

Give Libra ammo to prevent burst abuse, then her effectiveness becomes less of an issue.
yes! i know you won't do it, Speeder! but i will never give up! do you hear me? NEVAH!! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by mevitar, 11 August 2015 - 11:45 AM.

ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

#812 BlackAbsence

BlackAbsence

BlargleGargle

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 03:32 AM

Whereas it takes 6 or so Harriers to kill a Hero/Heroine infantry (Excluding the bulky ones.... Volkov :p ), it'll only takes 3 or so with the other jets (USA's StormChild & PF's BlackEagle).

Which is why I'm proposing that EA's Harriers should fire high calibre machine guns at infantry instead (much like how StormChilds use lasers as a much more efficient alternative), to make them up to par with the other Allied factions jets when it comes to anti-infantry capability.

Another thing about the Harrier is that sometimes they "glitch" resulting in their follow up missile to be late, which was suppose to work in unison with the first missile that applied the "armour down" debuff, but by then is gone... This could simply be solved by having the debuff last a little bit longer so that despite the "glitch" happening or not, it'll work the same.

Edited by BlackAbsence, 18 August 2015 - 03:40 AM.

Infinitive absence.

#813 BlackAbsence

BlackAbsence

BlargleGargle

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 07:52 PM

You need like 6 or so Sentinels to kill the Irkalla, and it's quite annoying. Sometimes the Sentinel even miss their target.

Can you make the Sentinel more accurate and more susceptible to killing the Irkalla, like all the other T3-AntiAir units are.

Infinitive absence.

#814 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:35 PM

Don't use Sentinels but Flak Tracks or Flak Troopers. Sentinels are weaker against lone targets than other T3 AA, and they're very slow, so depending on the terrain, Irkalla can stay outside of their range for long.
ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

#815 Wayward Winds

Wayward Winds
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 11:16 PM

I'm not arguing on the "which is better anti-air" point seeing as I haven't really used China yet, but the Sentinel is very slow?  Given that it takes my Irkalla a good 5 minutes to cross half the map, that must be some terrain blocking the Sentinels!  Cliffs and sea are the only types I can think of, and they'll stop most other anti-air units as well.

(And that's five-ish minutes at the default speed of 4.  My speed problem's gone away of late.)

#816 BlackAbsence

BlackAbsence

BlargleGargle

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 04:18 AM

I'm not arguing on the "which is better anti-air" point seeing as I haven't really used China yet, but the Sentinel is very slow?

Sentential are AMAZING anti air (10 of them can win against 50 Wolfhounds with ease!), they just really really suck at taking out the Irkalla. They're also not realy that bad when it comes to manuverability.

Don't use Sentinels but Flak Tracks or Flak Troopers. Sentinels are weaker against lone targets than other T3 AA, and they're very slow, so depending on the terrain, Irkalla can stay outside of their range for long.

Flak Troopers will get REKT, especially when the Irkalla is in "retreat mode", hindering their fire rate due to them having to walk one step forward every time the Irkalla inches away, picking them off in threes by the second.

Flak Tracks, though weak, may be the best solution at taking down the Irkalla, provided there is lots of 'em and no opposing ground forces underneath the Irkalla. i.e: Colossusus (Plural = Colossi?), Psychic Adepts, or Brutes.

You could argue, however, to just get rid of the ground forces, which would be swell an' dandy an' all provided there wasn't a GIANT FLOATING FORTRESS FIRING SUPER RAVE DANCE LASERS AND GIANT BALLS OF FIRE SMOULDERING EARTH INTO A HELL-SCAPE WHILE BRINGING DEATH AND DESTRUCTION TO ALL WHO OPPOSE ITS MIGHTY GODLIKE POWER!!! (unless you got  like; 3 Gehenna Platforms). . . *ehem* excuse me, that was. . . uncalled for. . . As I was saying. . . Oh yes, Flak Tracks are weak. Despite their numbers (unless you have like 1000s of them, but lets be realistic here) they're still easily picked off in the confrontation where anyone (in their right mind) would just focus fire the crap out of them with their forces, leaving you with, a 2/3rds dead Irkalla and, most likely, non-anti-air units you would have liked to use, but, ya knooow. . . o.o

Edited by BlackAbsence, 20 August 2015 - 05:14 AM.

Infinitive absence.

#817 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 21 August 2015 - 05:29 AM

If You're trying to follow Irkalla with anti-air units, you're gonna lose 10/10 times. INTIMIDATION - Try to force opponent to move closer with Fortress. Also, dont issue attack command on irkalla but order your Anti-Air forces to move to certain location and then shoot, when you know they're in range. If you issue attack command, they will move a bit slower than they are supposed to, so that will buy you a bit more time. You can also try to flank, but sometimes its very hard.

And my PoV - Flak Tracks arent that weak. Instahit + splash damage + speed can help a lot. Forgot if they can fire on the move.

#818 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 21 August 2015 - 09:53 AM

All T1 AA vehicles can fire on the move.
ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

#819 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 21 August 2015 - 10:59 AM

All and all, yes, Crate War is imbalanced, but that's the "name of the game".

It's suppose to be a gamble tending to whoever collects the most crates, for; then their more likely to get better outcomes, such as; Apoc tanks or Master Minds, which can be just as effevtive as a Nuke if your opponent is unlucky / unprepared.

It's also bugged (When you have the nuclear missile silo built, the nuke-in-a-crate has no effect). I know that there's a map where you can fire some sort of cruise missile and I think it would be better if the nuke-in-a-crate is replaced with that.

-This nuke thing.

Your suggestion about a unique support power from crate spawns is good. Hell, might as well have a [CrateMissileSpecial] :p

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#820 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:10 AM

Sentinel deals splash damage, which means that it is more effective against units, which are clustered. Sentinel is very efficient at taking down jets, rocketeers, basilisks etc.. It will never be good against Irkalla, because afterall Irkalla is build limited to one and in BR1 the only anti-air unit which can outrange it is Gehenna (and maybe Colossus). You can still use halftracks and flak troopers against enemy Irkalla.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users