(◉ ᗝ ◉)

#43 Vhaldez

Vhaldez

The World Guardian

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  Peace in Balance

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:03 PM

Mobile Barracks sounds kind of cool, you could try that.

Also, Mevitar, a Mobile Ice Cream factory would be better for a mind control device, I mean, who doesn't love ice cream? :D

bannerfans_16571832.png

#44 Jargalhurts

Jargalhurts

Mental Face

• Project Team
  • 328 posts
  • Projects:Nothing worth showing off.
  •  Actually Yngwie of House Malmsteen.

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:07 PM

I'd like to make a suggestion about how to NERF the Battleship to make it equal to other Capital Ships. The primary reason why Battleship was removed from Skirmish is because it's projectile could not be countered (Aircraft Carrier, Dreadnought, Resheph) unlike ALL other Capital Ships, which gave it so much advantage over the others to the point Speeder had to remove it.

So I made up this new kind of Battleship to compensate for it:

Scylla Battleship (Exclusive to European Alliance)

Cost: 2300$

Prerequisite: Allied Tech Center, Allied Tech Center

Weapon: Chronosphere

Armor: Heavy

Range: 22

Speed: 5

Role: Siege

Description:

Quite possibly the beginning of the new age of naval weaponry that is being introduced by the hefty engineers and scientists of the European Alliance. This new ship has been the subject of desire and discussion for many generals, soldiers and admirals around the world. Based on the design of the previous-generation Cruiser, a single major change was made to this ship. In order to compensate for the immense difficulty to turn the cannon to a designated position and the grueling process of reloading it after each fire, the Battleship's weapon is no longer a towering giant cannon, but a mobilized Chronosphere. The Chronosphere opens up a portal above the position of the targeted area where a small number of artillery shells are delivered through, before closing up. But the disadvantages are, whenever the Scylla is ordered to attack, a Chrono portal will emerge above the targeted area before the payload arrives, indicating that area will be bombarded. And another disadvantage is that, if the portal goes under too much fire from the enemy, it will dissipate and close before managing to deliver the payload. But despite the shortcomings, the Scylla is no doubt, a technical masterpiece of the European Alliance.

Actually Yngwie of Haus Malmsteen, feefty eenches of pure Svwedish beef.

#45 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts
  •  Each post handcrafted for the discerning reader.

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:13 PM

I thought the idea of the Battleship was exactly because people liked the cannons bit. Removing that doesn't really make it the Battleship anymore. 

Other than that, really neat idea. I'll put it in the first post.

#46 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:16 PM

Can't be coded atm in a way it's intended. I can think of a way to code it in but that requires unit-delivery warheads, which while I really want to do, I don't know when will I actually have time to even code anything into Ares.

Edited by Graion Dilach, 04 December 2013 - 01:16 PM.

kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#47 someonebutnoone

someonebutnoone

Commradyte Scion/ Incubator Hunter/ God of Entropy

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:39 PM

MORE options for Stolen Tech Tanks, just like the infantry. (Sample voice lines later)

Some ideas:

(Faction you're playing vs faction you're stealing tech from)

Allied vs Allied = Future Tank

S v S = Apocalypse

E v E = Deviator

E v S= Seismic Tank (Epsilon + Soviet hammers) (like a mini-hammer defense, but can only attack when deployed, is more like a siege unit with support capabilities like stunning ground units and dealing more damage to buildings

S v E = Red Death (Tank with anti-infantry radiation beams and anti-armor chemicals which can corrode armor)

A v S = Lord of War (Allies + The Supreme Chinese Tanks) (Pretty much the Chinese Overlord Tank from Generals, slightly nerfed/buffed)

S v A= Teleforce Cannon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teleforce It can mark units and infantry and damage them severely) like the Mercury Uplink, this time it comes from the vehicle and has to charge its weapon.) ((This time, the Russians have access the laser technology to improve Tesla's death ray.))

A v E= Scaremonger (Sonic tech + Mental suggestion = EVEN MORE POWERFUL than the Suppressor. Can play a mind-altering tune, raising fear on enemies,)

E v A= Vindicator (Epsilon version of Steel Ronin, nerfed. If you force fire on the ground, it can jump to there. Deploying it would do a circular slash.)

Edited by someonebutnoone, 08 December 2013 - 01:39 PM.

#48 Dagoth Ur

Dagoth Ur
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:42 PM

So technically the Scylla would be like a chrono aircraft carrier with the portals being counted the same way as the UAVs? It could attack in a spawn->delay->explosion pattern, when the portal would be destroyed between spawn and explosion, it would be countered. I like it, especially because it's in line with my chrono bombing idea :D I'm not a coder mind you, but I have a hunch that taking the carrier, adding the chrono effect to the uavs instead of normal flight and adding a delayed explosion instead of rockets seems like a doable thing. The projectiles could even spawn on the ground next to the target rather than above it, since I don't know of any chrono-aerial units. 

I like it.

Edit: it would look a bit like this, only the portal would be destructible. 

Edited by Dagoth Ur, 04 December 2013 - 01:57 PM.

#49 Jargalhurts

Jargalhurts

Mental Face

• Project Team
  • 328 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:14 PM

So I considered the criticisms given by Zeno and Graion and improvised another way to nerf the o' so lovely Battleship.

An Actual Battleship (Exclusive to European Alliance)

Cost: 2300$

Prerequisite: Allied Tech Center, Allied Tech Center

Weapon: 8-inch Bombardment Cannon

Armor: Heavy

Range: 22

Speed: 4

Role: Siege

Description:

Back in the old days, before the dominance of the Aircraft Carrier in the Navies in one half of the world and the Dreadnought in the other half, the Cruiser was the supreme master of the sea. A ship of leviathanic proportions that carried cannons appropriately colossal, The Cruiser's shells flew from the ocean, soared in the air and unleashed destruction on land. The only thing that made the Cruiser ineffective was it's inability to accurately bombard an area. But the shells were fired without guidance, the crews having an ounce of hope that the shells would reach it's intended destination. The hefty engineers of the European Alliance found a way to deliver the artillery payload with pin-point accuracy. Through beacon-calculating technology (Notable examples include Zephyr), the Battleship's designated target will now be marked with a laser-targeted beacon fired from the European Spy satellites, that can even home on units. The Battleship's computer will calculate the distance of the beacon and fire the cannons according to the calculations, resulting in an absolute 100% guaranteed hit of the marked object, unless the object outruns the shells. Despite how great this sounds, the beacon is visible to enemies and can be disrupted with enough bullets fired at it, causing the Battleship's computer to malfunction due to the amount of interfering foreign objects.

Edited by Jargalhurts, 04 December 2013 - 02:15 PM.

#50 Jargalhurts

Jargalhurts

Mental Face

• Project Team
  • 328 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:47 PM

I thought of a suggestion of a stolen tech unit for all factions that would be available if they infiltrate a Lab and a War Factory and a ConYard.

MCAV (Mobile Construction Airborne Vehicle)

Faction: Allied, Soviet, Epsilon

Cost: 3000$

Prerequisite: Any Lab, Infiltrate a Lab, Infiltrate a War Factory, Infiltrate a ConYard

Speed: Medium

Armor: Medium

Description:

When a commander manages to attain the necessary privileges for a higher technology clearance, he gains access to this unit. This is an upgraded form of a normal MCV. Hover technology allows the MCAV to fly intro the air, allowing it to bypass obstacles and gain a lot of speed and mobility. Through this, commanders will be able to expand in places with extreme ease. However, due to the weight of the materials carried by the MCAV, the armor is considerably lightened.

#51 Dagoth Ur

Dagoth Ur
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:09 PM

I thought of a suggestion of a stolen tech unit for all factions that would be available if they infiltrate a Lab and a War Factory and a ConYard.

Prerequisite: Any Lab, Infiltrate a Lab, Infiltrate a War Factory, Infiltrate a ConYard

Description:

When a commander manages to attain the necessary privileges for a higher technology clearance, he gains access to this unit. This is an upgraded form of a normal MCV. Hover technology allows the MCAV to fly intro the air, allowing it to bypass obstacles and gain a lot of speed and mobility. Through this, commanders will be able to expand in places with extreme ease. However, due to the weight of the materials carried by the MCAV, the armor is considerably lightened.

I think that this one could be broken due to the ability to place defense structures anywhere, one could simply spam the map or unreachable places with defensive structures (especially with the mcv repacks option) and for example get an extra grand cannon or a war factory directly under the enemy's base or at the rear of the main assault. Or build an attack force in the back while attacking from the front. And if it didn't repack, it wouldn't have much use since mcvs can be transported.

I would think before I've applied it.

#52 Jargalhurts

Jargalhurts

Mental Face

• Project Team
  • 328 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:21 PM

Description:

I think that this one could be broken due to the ability to place defense structures anywhere, one could simply spam the map or unreachable places with defensive structures (especially with the mcv repacks option) and for example get an extra grand cannon or a war factory directly under the enemy's base or at the rear of the main assault. Or build an attack force in the back while attacking from the front. And if it didn't repack, it wouldn't have much use since mcvs can be transported.

I would think before I've applied it.

That is the reason. This just means you have to defend your base from espionage just as good as how you defend it from tanks. Becasue, IMO this ought to be your punishment for not managing your base from spies properly.

Edited by Jargalhurts, 04 December 2013 - 03:21 PM.

#53 Dagoth Ur

Dagoth Ur
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:43 PM

As if being futuretanked or veteran-spammed or having your cash stolen isn't punishment enough. Besides, a mobile, aerial mcv would be like Stalin's Fist times ten. And if you overpower one side, you should apply the same semibroken rules to others as well making stuff such as allowing to build another industrial plant for the Soviets, or something equally broken to Yuri. Hell, even making the mcav only as a redeployable building sphere could break the game.

Edit: although having a ground based, transportable unit which would become a building sphere after deployment is actually reasonable for for example building external refineries closer to ore, or securing chokepoints. Still, it would need heavy balancing to make it work, for example revealing 4x4 squares of map around it for everyone after deployment. 

Edited by Dagoth Ur, 04 December 2013 - 03:52 PM.

#54 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:10 PM

MORE options for Stolen Tech Tanks, just like the infantry.

Some ideas:

Allied vs Allied = Future Tank

S v S = Apocalypse

E v E = Deviator

S v E = Seismic Tank (like a mini-hammer defense, but can only attack when deployed, is more like a siege unit with support capabilities like stunning ground units and dealing more damage to buildings)

S v E = Red Death (Tank with anti-infantry radiation beams and anti-armor chemicals which can corrode armor)

And others.

Seismic technology belongs to the Soviets. But I like the Red Death idea tbh. :)

#55 Allied Commander ???

Allied Commander ???

Tweaks INI and MIX files

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:47 PM

How about amphibious buildings and units ? Just like RA3.

#56 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:07 PM

How about amphibious buildings and units ? Just like RA3.

You have lots of amphibious units in this game. For structures, I don't know. The reason would be that placing some structures on water while Naval Yards is not available on the specific map could be too easy to defend that structure.

#57 zocker4ever

zocker4ever
  • Members
  • 57 posts
  • Projects:One Vision, Reasonable Revenge

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:22 PM

Only suggestion I have is giving Gehenna a stationary mode where she cannot move. It's just so annoying that they keep driving away if you don't look at them all the time U_U

#58 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:28 PM

I support that idea.

#59 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,992 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:56 PM

That might be doable.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#60 alexthecat

alexthecat
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:09 AM

could you make it so that when aircraft is blown out of the sky and lands on my pretty base surrounded by walls, that the walls dont get damaged and then i have to repair them. It gets to be a bit tedious at times =P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users