MO3.0 Feedback // SUGGESTIONS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2870 replies to this topic

#61 GameMaster0000

GameMaster0000
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:18 AM

What about make Battle Ship Cruiser equivalance to Centurion and Irkalla?

Allied need to have Epic Unit like 2 other side I think Cruiser can fit this role.

#62 Vhaldez

Vhaldez

The World Guardian

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  Peace in Balance

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:58 AM

Allied need to have Epic Unit like 2 other side I think Cruiser can fit this role.

Hmm, I don't think that would be fair on landlocked maps. I'd rather see a "Time Tank" that's even better than Charon Tanks for the Allies.

Also, would it be technically possible to have captured verhicles whose drivers are shot by Morales use the Hijacker's voice set? I mean, the old drivers' dead, how can he be talking to me?

bannerfans_16571832.png

#63 Vhaldez

Vhaldez

The World Guardian

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  Peace in Balance

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:44 AM

How about an S v A "Excludor" Tank? EMP's enemy (tank / mechanical) forces, grabs them in a chrono field and renders them useless? Sort of a China / Euro Alliance hybrid.

EDIT: Typo :L

Edited by Jochmen, 05 December 2013 - 11:45 AM.

bannerfans_16571832.png

#64 Hecthor Doomhammer

Hecthor Doomhammer

Live Streamer

• Project Team
  • 1,282 posts
  • Projects:Livestreams
  •  C&C mods Livestreamer

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:13 PM

USA has the Mercury Uplink, providong not 1, but 2 extra support powers and they are the only Allied Subfaction who can utilize the Hero IFV to provide a Mobile Mercury Strike.

That's what the Allie's equivilant of these 2 Super units are

Besides: EA having the most bad ass Air unit in the form of the Thor Gunship and you as player being able to build unlimited numbers of it, is that not enough?

Streamer of Rise of the Reds, Mental Omega and other mods

xqbQD6S.jpg

#65 Black/Brunez

Black/Brunez

Title? What title?

• Project Team
  • 1,262 posts
  •  Mentalmeister - Random Annoying Guy

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:35 PM

Oh no.... not the "Allies must have an epic unit becoz the others have and this make then weak blah blah blah" shit again -_-

What doomy said is pretty much describing which would be the allied equivalents for epic units.

The epics the which China and HQ have are there to actually fill important holes in their armies.

Also... Don't you all think that it's notthe soviets and epy who have the epic units... Only China and HQ have them. Russia (if you ignore the Stalin's Fist), LC, Psy Corps and SC don't have an epic and I do not see a reason for giving one for them.

Edited by Black/Brunez, 05 December 2013 - 12:37 PM.

#66 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:52 PM

Allies have an epic structure, but not unit. Mercury Uplink is more than enough to kill infantry and damaging units.

#67 nuclearneo577

nuclearneo577
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:04 PM

Before I give up on taking out the Snipers in Human Shield and skip to the next level again (Scrapyard was beyond insanely hard after I lost all of my tanks and blew up the embassy, and I can't seem to get 10,000 credits again without everything blowing up), there's something that I got to work once and can't remember why. The first time I played it, I got three crates (a healing one and two armor crates) to show up at the middle north end of the village, and a cutom voice clip played. What triggers them spawning?

#68 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:05 PM

Why, you want me to spoil the secret? Secrets are one thing I'm not spoiling. :p

Hint for the Snipers: let someone take the hit before your Adepts do.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#69 nuclearneo577

nuclearneo577
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:12 PM

Why, you want me to spoil the secret? Secrets are one thing I'm not spoiling. :p

Whops, I posted this is the wrong thread, Damn it.

Anyway, that makes sense, I thought that I was supposed to take out the guy at the east enterence by getting the G.I.s that are in front of him to shoot him to death, but they keep shooting at other G.I.s first. That makes more sense.

#70 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts
  •  Each post handcrafted for the discerning reader.

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:46 PM

The mission isn't called "Human Shield" for nothing. :p

#71 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:33 PM

Hint for all of the missions: sometimes even the title of the mission has some sort of hidden information which will help you if you succeed to understand the that. :D

#72 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:25 PM

After thinking in through, I think my main suggestion is: If it's possible engine-wise, implement more difficulty settings to the campaigns (maybe even the Skirmish AI). For many more casual/for fun/veterans who were never really that good, the campaign is just a little bit too much to get through. All these people (which really sounds like a lot) won't be able to actually see the story of ACT1 nor ACT2 this way.

Now I know that the whole "let everyone experience all the content" is kind of a frowned upon idea by many veteran players; after all, many modern games are said to be too easy. This is why I think that instead of changing the current difficulties to be easier, it would be better implementing like 2 more difficulty settings, before the current Easy. Maybe the easiest difficulty could be called "Casual", and it would be about the same as the old RA2/YR Normal mode. Then there could be a new "Easy" which could be old RA2/YR Hard, then the current three difficulties, named "Normal", "Hard" and "Mental". Maybe this way the difficulty could be better balanced, than having only three settings. (At least I really hope it is possible to make more than three difficulties.)

#73 alexthecat

alexthecat
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:21 PM

I think you should be able to put tesla troopers inside of tesla towers instead of having to make them stand outside of it. It isn't really fair to the soviets compared to the prism tower, which gains attack power off of other prism towers and railgun towers that have a blast radius. Tesla towers are the weakest advanced defense tower because in order to make them stronger, you have to buy two $500 dollar infantry units, and make them stand outside where they can be easily picked off by anything that attacks.

A suggestion for new units/support powers - I noticed that in this mod, gaining veteran is a lot more difficult to do. So maybe each faction could have their own way of increasing veterancy. For Example, a simple support power that is activated that can hit about 9 units and for a set amount of time, they gain three times the amount of xp. Another faction could have a speaker tower on wheels that you can keep around units that increases their xp by a smaller amount (since it is a vehicle) 

Just an idea. I really don't even know how units rank up or if it just happens completely randomly. Please do consider the tesla tower thing though!

#74 RP.

RP.

Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 447 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega 3.0
  •  Mental Omega Mission Coder

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:00 AM

You have to build an additional Prism Tower to make that happen, which drains more power.

Tesla Troopers can be used to make its attack stronger, even under low power you can have working Tesla Coils thanks to the Tesla Troopers (2 power it up as if there was base power, 3 overcharge it on low power)

So if you have a Spy to shut their power down and Tanya, you'd be better off against Allies than Soviets, especially on cliffs.

Posted Image

FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor ™

Mental Omega mission coder

#75 alexthecat

alexthecat
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:11 AM

You have to build an additional Prism Tower to make that happen, which drains more power.

Tesla Troopers can be used to make its attack stronger, even under low power you can have working Tesla Coils thanks to the Tesla Troopers (2 power it up as if there was base power, 3 overcharge it on low power)

So if you have a Spy to shut their power down and Tanya, you'd be better off against Allies than Soviets, especially on cliffs.

'i dont know anyone who builds only one prism tower. and if you were good at multitasking, you would see a spy, have a dog, or wall off your vulnerable buildings. Tesla troopers having to be outside charging the tower makes them an easy target to be picked off if your base got assaulted. It is especially annoying if they die from something that isn't even attacking them directly (plague or any aoe whatsoever). At least make it so one tesla trooper can garrison to increase firepower, and then have another stand outside to make it function without power. I would much rather go against soviet defense structures then multiple prism towers

Edited by alexthecat, 06 December 2013 - 12:15 AM.

#76 Black/Brunez

Black/Brunez

Title? What title?

• Project Team
  • 1,262 posts
  •  Mentalmeister - Random Annoying Guy

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:26 AM

You are whinning about mere $500 bucks? To have a line of Prism Towers you need a shitton of resources on both other towers and Power Plants,.. Money which would most of the times be better invested on units to take down your enemy... including the artilleries and T3 bombers which can deal with the towers.

And saying that "yo, be good at multitasking" thing will make some good Epsilon players laugh while trowing loads of Infiltrators at your base with the use of Drillers :p

With mere $500 bucks the tower will almost double the towers firepower and with another Tesla Trooper you the tower will get an EMP effect and will be able to work while your base do not have power... be far, soviets is the only faction which can keep a hard line of defence without really needing power.

And Tesla Troopers are not even close to be useless vulnerable infantry like what you describled.Along with the Eradicators, they are the most resistant non-hero and non-stolen tech infantry the soviets have... actually, AFAIK, only Stalkers and maybe Brutes are more resistent than them. Do not forget their exelent anti-surface capabilities. And there is a fucking tower (and even other defences) protecting them.. and if the situation is not going well, they can simply retreat and start charging another towers or joining an attack group.

----

About that veterancy support power/units/etc.

I say no for any veterancy upgrade for any faction. This can cause some real balance breaks... like having a fucking group of heroic chinese units besieging you. Also I don´t think that there isn´t any code for "incrasing the xp a unit will gain by 30%", for exemple.

#77 Atomic_Noodles

Atomic_Noodles

Colony Hivemind

• Project Team
  • 854 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert - Colony Wars
  •  Colony Wars Hive Mind

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:50 AM

Tesla Troopers also fight back while charging up Tesla Coils. Don't dismiss them as just immobile short-range taser troopers.

~ Getting cringe reactions when you see a RAINBOW means you have issues. ~

"This World is an Illussion,Exile" -High Templar Dominus

#78 Joe Resnes

Joe Resnes
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:36 AM

Just like to suggest a badass cursor at the main menu for this badass mod.  :thumbsuphappy:

#79 Allied Commander ???

Allied Commander ???

Tweaks INI and MIX files

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:53 PM

Some heroes, like Siegfried and Yunru, will damage own units and base if accidentally attack anything in own base, or using force fire. What if these heroes only damage enemies ?

#80 Hecthor Doomhammer

Hecthor Doomhammer

Live Streamer

• Project Team
  • 1,282 posts
  • Projects:Livestreams
  •  C&C mods Livestreamer

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:06 PM

Their weapons are area of effect, and anything that gets caught in it, wil get damaged. live with it because it makes sense

Streamer of Rise of the Reds, Mental Omega and other mods

xqbQD6S.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users