We need a defend the Cake mission! :thumbsupcool:

#442 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 08 October 2015 - 01:28 PM

With all honesty, I havent seen that bad idea since kivz was taken out from here.

#443 Seth

Seth
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 03:23 PM

Spoiler

Edited by Seth, 08 October 2015 - 03:23 PM.

#444 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 08 October 2015 - 05:49 PM

Libra's Cake Delivery Service

It is Yuri's birthday, and his cake factory has been raided by Soviet and Allied forces alike!

The two forces are currently bickering over their share of the cake. They have not touched the cake yet in fear of hostile reaction from the other, and they have placed this cake safely in a warehouse between their bases, while they settle their differences. Let us settle their differences with more than their fists.

Libra wants to be the good girl that gets Yuri the cake he deserves. For this mission she will sport a modified CAS to make room for the cake. Ensure this to be done, proselyte.

Objective 1: Infiltrate the warehouse without being detected.

Objective 2: Convince both Allied and Soviet forces that the cake is a lie and raise tensions to critical levels.

Objective 3: Lure the Allied forces to destroy the Soviet Iron Curtain.

Objective 4: Extract Libra and the cake from the battlefield.

:p

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#445 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 08:38 PM

You know, it would be awesome if there were secret missions, like the Dino or the Giant Ant missions. Yuri's Birthday Blowout? :p

#446 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:27 AM

Change Libra to Malver-Virus duo, and you get Singularity.

Cake was in the Iron Curtain all along. :p

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:

#447 PurpleGaga27

PurpleGaga27

Retired C&C Modder

• Members
  • 2,186 posts
  •  Media Division Top Contributer

Posted 11 November 2015 - 07:58 PM

Well here're my brief feedback for each mission in MO 3.0 (and probably this isn't the first time I might have posted that about this). I only accomplished only seven missions in MO 3.0 which is rather disappointing and the Epilson campaign has most of the missions that aren't fun at all. The only campaign I liked was the Soviets because several missions started off well with at least some Tesla Troopers and the Allied missions barely have Enforcers on the starting points.

Allied Campaign
Mission One -- okay, it was done (probably the best fun mission in MO 3.0)
Mission Two -- time consuming, heavily reliant on infantry to press attack and defend, redundant surprises for Tanya (that idea should be used in the last mission of the Allied campaign), MCV reinforcement should be available just to build a base after chapel was captured and then things should be easier. Worst part is that the chapel needs to be well defended after capture. Tanya's squad should have two engineers at the start.
Mission Three -- okay, it was done
Mission Four -- time consuming and awkward objectives. If Tanya and Medic were used instead of Navy Seals the whole mission would be much simplier except that Rocketeers are underpowered on structures and vehicles which makes the mission almost impossible.
Mission Five -- four objectives, very long mission, possible to accomplish
Mission Six -- okay, it was done. Use 16 planes to destroy iron curtain and then the psychic amplifier the depending on how much credits to collect in a given timer
Mission Seven -- too complex and impossible unless save game is used
Mission Eight -- an easier mission if Tanya was used, and navy seals require 2-3 bombs to destroy one sub (so much to say navy seals are underpowered against vehicles like subs)
Mission Nine -- another complex mission without a construction yard, even heavy defenses are needed, possible to accomplish
Mission Ten -- that robot should have heavy armor and is too weak against infantry with flak/missiles and vehicles
Mission Eleven -- the first half was tough, the second half too insane and brutal, possible to accomplish
Mission Twelve -- too difficult and insane to defend labs due to blimps and amphibious flame tanks; requires all funds to be used for naval units

Soviet Campaign
Mission 1 -- okay, it was done
Mission 2 -- possible to accomplish if naval units are used wisely and also need more anti-air and flaming units for the third objective at all sides of the field
Mission 3 -- Morales isn't like Tanya, should have included Volkov and Chitzhov; poor selected unit forces at the beginning; also base defense is a technical problem and will rely heavily on infantry
Mission 4 -- okay, it was done
Mission 5 -- possible to accomplish but base and psychic sensor needs tons of heavy defense
Mission 6 -- possible to accomplish but more of a remake mission from RA2
Mission 7 -- okay, it was done, but requires very heavy offensive tactics
Mission 8 -- poor naval task force at the start, should be the same start group of naval units from Mission 2; plus base and Nuke Silo require very heavy defense
Mission 9 -- possible to accomplish if only there are tons of built infantry guarding every angle of the objectives
Mission 10 -- possible to accomplish but you got to move very quickly and carefully for Volkov and Chitzhov to lead the Kirov to its destination because it's a loooooong way
Mission 11 -- possible to accomplish but challenging to get to the objective to be captured; while a good sizable force, anti-air units are needed to go up against the Dragonfly and Rocketeers before attempting to capture construction yard and destroying nearby forces
Mission 12 -- possible to accomplish but needs a one time huge attack force (mostly infantry) to go through defenses quickly and destroy the construction yard in the south since enemy structures keep getting rebuilt; the second objective to destroy allied force also requires very heavy and quick offense

Yuri Campaign
Mission 1 -- limited options but possible to accomplish
Mission 2 -- Yuri's infantry should have garrison structures and comes in a limited force
Mission 3 -- negative ten fun factor, no other units for support, at least ten Yuris should be enough for that mission
Mission 4 -- possible to accomplish if heavy defense and slower game mode can work because Allied forces either want to recapture construction yard or destroy it
Mission 5 -- no Malvern units to counter against terror drones
Mission 6 -- easy to scout the area but lack of Yuris made it difficult for the mission because of no medics or repair units
Mission 7 -- possible to accomplish but requires Soviet tactics especially the heavy usage of infantry defense
Mission 8 -- possible to accomplish unless that issue is fixed when hijacking a unit, all other units should not fire if they are neutral on hold fire
Mission 9 -- would have been more fun if it's a dozen of heroic initiates and one Virus unit
Mission 10 -- okay, that was done, but cautious to look out for barrels and traps; reinforcements and assistance were provided
Mission 11 -- negative 20 fun factor, waste of time making that map (no wonder why it was the hardest mission in C&C history), Virus cannot be like Tanya on the defensive and Malvern needs a longer range on the attack. Where's Yuri when you need him?
Mission 12 -- should be given reinforcements after the first objective was captured for defense, also it should be easier if a base was built at the beginning before attempting the first objective

Edited by zocom7, 11 November 2015 - 08:02 PM.

#448 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 12 November 2015 - 12:18 AM

Yuri Campaign
Mission 11 --  waste of time making that map

Leave. Leave and dont come back.

#449 MrFreeze777

MrFreeze777
  • Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 03:42 AM

I only accomplished only seven missions in MO 3.0 which is rather disappointing and the Epilson campaign has most of the missions that aren't fun at all.

#450 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  • Projects:YR Argentina Webmaster
  •  Since April 2011
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:YR Argentina

Posted 12 November 2015 - 12:53 PM

For once and all, get lost you filthy liar.

7fqd2Qz.png

#451 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 04:06 PM

Now now, it's not exactly nice to hate on someone who got different opinions. Even negative feedback is good feedback.

#452 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 04:52 PM

It's true though, that Singularity is the kind of mission that I can't enjoy even after beating it, it was more like.........."So, it's finally over? Now I can get off the computer."

After my 50th try.........I never touch it again.

Edited by X1Destroy, 12 November 2015 - 04:55 PM.

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#453 PurpleGaga27

PurpleGaga27

Retired C&C Modder

• Members
  • 2,186 posts
  •  Media Division Top Contributer

Posted 12 November 2015 - 07:23 PM

For once I have to agree with Solaris and X1Destroy.

#454 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 13 November 2015 - 11:04 AM

Now now, it's not exactly nice to hate on someone who got different opinions. Even negative feedback is good feedback.

Its not about hating someone's negative opinion. Its about hating zocom for his opinions/rants while the amount of knowledge he possess about MO (and other mods) is close to non-existing.

#455 doctormedic

doctormedic

Giver of Demolition trucks

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 01:23 PM

Atleast he isnt as bad as that guy who made new unit recomendation every second and had almost no idea about the mod's gameplay.

#456 doctormedic

doctormedic

Giver of Demolition trucks

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 10:32 AM

Can we have the engineers in accelerant only recapture the tech bunkers in mental?It is really annoying to reach the fourth one only to go all the way back to the other 2 because the engineer's skirmish ai forced them to.

#457 Rovaen

Rovaen
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 10:48 AM

to be fair zocom7 raises a few points. I'm no master at Red alert 2, but I don't suck at it, and I find a good handful of the missions much too hard for the easy setting, and VERY tedious sometimes. I'm thankful the dificulty is being toned down for BR2

Edited by Rovaen, 13 December 2015 - 10:56 AM.

#458 Houseplant

Houseplant

title available

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 06:32 PM

The scattered Allied (and local rebels?) are probably looking for gizmos to reverse engineer at Silicon Valley to create a computer virus or some other tactical feature.

They will probably want to take Cape Canaveral to launch a satellite with said technology(and disable possible Soviet counter measures).

Area 51?

An Area 51 mission could involve a couple of disguised infiltrators arriving at an airstrip inside Area 51 in a (landed) cargo plane and cause havoc, power loss or some distraction leaving the defense perimeter vulnerable for the forces outside the facility.

#459 Houseplant

Houseplant

title available

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 03:37 PM

NEMaK3MXDD14PU_1_2_zpsyemis5yi.jpg

rambo-rev_zpsmqenoat8.jpg

dirty-harry2_zpstcrvxema.jpg

746e9ef43b23d9658f80c3b8c24862fb_zpsgacm

Edited by Houseplant, 22 February 2016 - 09:05 PM.

#460 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:36 AM

I have just become aware that completing a sub-2 run in Landlocked might just be possible.

Not sub-3, sub-2.

Source on bilibili (a Chinese website)

http://www.bilibili....ideo/av4075080/

Copy for those who cannot access bilibili

http://www.mediafire..._bilibili_.flv 

The video had cut part of the intro, and did not include the end-timer, but from the looks of this video he has achieved a sub-2:30 run.

Yeah, yeah, it is not a video of a sub-2 run. I said "might". :p

The main time savers seem to be:

• Using the (more) straight path to the backdoor (some people avoid the 3 GIs, which forces your troops to spend a few more seconds walking.
  • Taking down the Gate instead of the Wall (Gate can be flamed by Pyros and go down a few seconds earlier than taking down a Wall section. Also, taking down Gate allows three cells of entry. 
  • Going straight in after breaking the wall (he might have saved another few seconds should he ignore the turret).

He could have gone faster by:

• Moving army to 3 GIs instead of just the Dogs.
  • Ignoring the Humvees / just using the tank against Humvees.
  • Ignoring the Turret and head for the Abrams Tank.
  • Less micro errors. Each error costs about a second of time. Notably the errors with the deploying engineer from Stinger at the ConYard cost him ~3 seconds.

This be crazy. :D

Edited by lovalmidas, 24 June 2016 - 05:12 PM.

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users