Photo

UprisingJC's Mental Omega v3.0 Videos - Online matches, COOP and Singleplayer Campaigns(Normal and Mental Difficulties)

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#21 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:20 AM

I've tried 3 times and only one of both adepts survived and entered the Allied outpost.

Hint hint: Pillboxes fire at civilian vehicles too. (actually, that's the hint Speeder gave me when I myself was stuck -.-)

I know, that's how I sent my adepts into the base.

Sometimes the name of the mission tells a lot about the mission itself, so it is worth to "decode" the hidden hints.

The sniper on the left side can be taken down by capturing a civilian (not car) and using that unit as a human shield. The trick in this that the Trooper must be right behind that civilian to be able to capture the sniper. If you do correctly the sniper will shoot down the civilian first and his sluggish reload speed will allow you to capture him. Needs a bit of practice though.

The right one is a bit easier due to the presence of sandbags.

Though I've never completed this one, because I really hate this, but I know the first 50% of the way.

I also noticed that (the name of the mission) and that's how I eliminate the left sniper.

I'm depicting how I complete the first objective.

I first dealt with the right sniper by having one of both adepts control one of the G.Is guarding the entry and he will be killed by the sniper. I then ordered the other adept to control the sniper and he got killed by the pillboxes around him.I then went to the left path, controlled 2 G.Is to take down the 2 patrolling G.Is and a dog and used them as the HUMAN SHIELD to draw sniper's fire. My adepts followed after them, controlled the sniper to get him killed and then moved back to the village.

That's how I complete the first objective.

The problem is how I can enter the base safely.

I controlled 2 civilian vehicles to go with adepts.

I first ordered my adepts to draw the attention of the turrets and then ordered both the civilian vehicles to draw the pillbox's fire. My adepts of course moved after them.

The pillbox always killed both civilian vehicles as well as one of my adepts.

With only one adept in hand, it seems that there's not much I can do as I can't let any of the spies get killed unless I like hearing "critical unit lost", LOL.

I'm gonna try more to finish this stage.

#22 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:23 PM

There are 2 Lasher Tanks in the soviet territory. You don't have to go to the dephts of the base, because you'll see near the entrance. If I'm correct they can be used for that.

#23 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:30 PM

There are 2 Lasher Tanks in the soviet territory. You don't have to go to the dephts of the base, because you'll see near the entrance. If I'm correct they can be used for that.

What I've done so far is to send my 2 adepts into the allied outpost with 2 civilian vehicles as their shield to draw the left pillbox's fire.  Now I can have both adepts alive and thus control the spies, but the problem is it's very risky for spies to go towards the unrevealed terrain because there're Soviet mines or patrolling troops all around. Besides, it looks like terror drones still have the ability to detect camouflaged spies/saboteurs, don't they?

I haven't seen any tanks but only 3~4 patrolling terror drones.

#24 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:35 PM

They do but as far as I have seen those Terror Drones won't attack unless provoked. If you follow that path, you'll get to those Lasher Tanks.

#25 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:41 PM

They do but as far as I have seen those Terror Drones won't attack unless provoked. If you follow that path, you'll get to those Lasher Tanks.

I tried having one spy go through them(I have him camouflaged as a Soviet conscript already) and one of the terror drones just killed him.

What path?

Currently I've tried 3 paths: The first one is the top path. I controlled one of both G.Is guarding the entrance with dual turrets and had him move towards the right Soviet base, but he got killed by a mine LOL.

The second path is the middle path where you'll first encounter the 4 patrolling terror drones and there're also some mines in the urban.

The third path is the bottom path where you'll receive a message telling you that you can't go this way because of the tesla coil defending it.  I still tried this path and my spy got killed by a dog coming from the unrealed terrain LOOOOOL.

Edited by UprisingJC, 10 December 2013 - 04:43 PM.

#26 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:47 PM

The path with the Terror Drones. That will lead you to the Lashers

#27 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:53 PM

The path with the Terror Drones. That will lead you to the Lashers

Well...looks like I shouldn't have entered the Allied outpost too early, o_O.

I did try the middle path but I haven't let my adepts go that way but other mind-controlled units instead.

#28 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:18 PM

If you still don't know the way (I'm terrible at giving directons tbh xD) I can take pictures to show you.

#29 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:35 PM

Thanks but no.  I still prefer to clear the challenging missions by myself.

Now it gives me as much fun as I used to have in competitive RA2 matches in the old days.

When i first came to play Mental Omega v2.0, I cleared all the stages all by myself so I'm gonna do this again in v3.0 as much as possible.

Edited by UprisingJC, 10 December 2013 - 05:37 PM.

#30 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:45 AM

When i first came to play Mental Omega v2.0, I cleared all the stages all by myself

:O :O :O You godlike...

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#31 b74

b74
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:54 AM

Hello, may I submit my allied 12th mission "sunlight" ( in easy mode ) ?

Thanks for this remarkable work - really pleased with this 3rd version

Edited by b74, 11 December 2013 - 04:14 PM.

#32 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:27 PM

I've just finished the Allied 11th stage. I'd say...oh god...

Nuwa cannons really pissed me off...

(Uploading the video)

#33 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  • Projects:YR Argentina Webmaster
  •  Since April 2011
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:YR Argentina

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:46 PM

(Uploading the video)

Nuwa Cannons are present only to make this mission harder - no Thors or Charons will be added there :p

7fqd2Qz.png

#34 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:50 PM

(Uploading the video)

Nuwa Cannons are present only to make this mission harder - no Thors or Charons will be added there :p

I made a few mistakes in this stage. I should have blown up the 2 bridges faster so that they would not be able to  harass my miners through the right bridge.

Edited by UprisingJC, 11 December 2013 - 06:52 PM.

#35 b74

b74
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:24 AM

Gods, right, seems to me last missions are simpler than the 6-11 range

I'm uploading the soviet 12th mission dragonstorm as well if it helps ( 97 minutes remaining ) : 

Edited by b74, 12 December 2013 - 11:24 AM.

#36 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:29 PM

Okay, so I've just finished the last Allied stage and it took me around 110 minutes, but DAMN BANDICAM recorded my video in 800x600 resolution only on full screen mode.-_-

On full-screen mode sometimes it records in the resolution I want, but sometimes it records in 800x600, jeez.

Edited by UprisingJC, 12 December 2013 - 06:31 PM.

#37 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:05 PM

Uploading the 6th stage of Epsilon Campaign.

#38 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:58 PM

Here's the gameplay of the 6th stage of Epsilon.

#39 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:24 PM

Epsilon 5th stage cleared.

#40 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:24 AM

You are very good I have to say this again. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users