Photo

UprisingJC's Mental Omega v3.0 Videos - Online matches, COOP and Singleplayer Campaigns(Normal and Mental Difficulties)

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#41 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:01 PM

Just finished the last stage of Soviet Campaign. I'd say this one is much easier than the last stage of the Allied Campaign...

Finished the whole Chinese troops with helicopters.

However this time I didn't record the gameplay due to it making my game rather slow for no reason.(I have no problem playing and recording the game at the same time except this time)-_-

I4rb0lW.jpg

#42 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:51 PM

Great job again! :)

#43 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:06 PM

In fact I haven't even finished the 11th stage, where I have to first steal a tank to destroy the gates around the Allied Tech Center and draw the patrolling dog's attention so that the saboteur can infiltrate it.

I once made my way to the big circular building(sorry I forget its name. I only remember that it's a critical building that can't be destroyed) but I wasn't able to have the future tanks help me defend it. (Maybe that's because I didn't clear that base guarding the future tanks.)

With not so many troops left, I finally got crushed by upcoming tanks and infantries lol.

#44 Bobby-Wan Kenobi

Bobby-Wan Kenobi
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:00 PM

In fact I haven't even finished the 11th stage, where I have to first steal a tank to destroy the gates around the Allied Tech Center and draw the patrolling dog's attention so that the saboteur can infiltrate it.

I once made my way to the big circular building(sorry I forget its name. I only remember that it's a critical building that can't be destroyed) but I wasn't able to have the future tanks help me defend it. (Maybe that's because I didn't clear that base guarding the future tanks.)

With not so many troops left, I finally got crushed by upcoming tanks and infantries lol.

Seismic Stabilizer. Another pain in the ass. I got an engineer into that and guess what ? Chinese are attacking it directly and I lost Morales. Then it blew up and the whole area crumbled. Mission failed.

#45 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:17 AM

Finished the last stage of Epsilon yesterday, uploading the video.

I'd say of all the 3 last stages of the 3 factions, this one is THE EASIEST ONE in my opinion.

Difficulty of the last stage of each faction:

Allied >>>> Soviet > Epsilon

In Epsilon's last stage, Russians had an iron curtain but they never used it against me.

#46 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:58 AM

In Epsilon's last stage, Russians had an iron curtain but they never used it against me.

On Hard, the Iron Curtain is used to shield the 3 launch platforms. Somehow the AI never thinks to use the IC at its disposal. :p

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#47 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:08 PM

Trying the Epsilon 11th stage - Singularity.

I saved 2 video clips of this stage but I haven't cleared it yet.

The 2 vids are not public so only people watching this thread may see them.

In this stage, YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO MIND CONTROL ANY ENEMY VETERAN UNIT LEST YOU SHOULD BE DETECTED.

THEREFORE, AVOID ANY Borillo EVEN THOUGH IT IS ALONE.   

In part 1, I contacted the Psicorp trooper coming out of the Soviet barracks and destroyed the Chinese airfield and the Radar.

I also noticed that after taking out the Radar, the system message showed: "The halftrack at the border doesn't seem to have any radio contact with the base. Take it."

Take it? Get rid of it? Control it?

In part 2, I was looking for any position to get into the Allied base. In 7:56 I was hesitating whether to make Malver shoot the barrels after killing the 2 deployed G.Is as He was too close to them. I finally decided to move away from the barrels any find some other new ways. I then tried to eliminate the SEAL but it was stupid of me to have done something like this as the SEAL detected me first before my Marvel killed him so Marvel ended up getting shot by a prism tower and a sniper and of course DIED - Mission Failed. orz...

I've seen some barrels near the Allied side but I wasn't able to shoot them as Marvel got blocked by either some sandbags or there was a SEAL near them.

Edited by UprisingJC, 25 December 2013 - 02:20 PM.

#48 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:25 PM

Hint: Those barrels where you failed can be taken out by using mind controlled Flaktracks.

Pretty good job at the chinese part though.

#49 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:28 PM

Hint: Those barrels where you failed can be taken out by using mind controlled Flaktracks.

Pretty good job at the chinese part though.

Thanks for the hint, but here just comes another difficulty lol.

The halftrack is patrolling near the border so that means I have to make my Psicorp trooper move close to it. So far I haven't found any way for him to pass through as all the ways are either defended by some tesla coils or blocked by gates.

Quite challenging lol.

#50 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:33 PM

You can enter the border in an easier way. When you leave the starting point turn left and you'll see that Sentry Gun with the Barrels and a Dog. Follow that path and you'll see a gate which can be destroyed by Crazy Ivan. Then you can enter the border part easier.

#51 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:36 PM

You can enter the border in an easier way. When you leave the starting point turn left and you'll see that Sentry Gun with the Barrels and a Dog. Follow that path and you'll see a gate which can be destroyed by Crazy Ivan. Then you can enter the border part easier.

I once tried to let my malver move to the left path and downward to the border. On my way I encountered a few dogs and a terror drone.  I then just met a dead end. I thought that was not the way that I should go.  Surprised to hear this.

#52 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:36 PM

Also damn, you are so good. Never would have thought about those tactics which you used. Well done again! :)

#53 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:38 PM

I once tried to let my malver move to the left path and downward to the border. On my way I encountered a few dogs and a terror drone.  I then just met a dead end. I thought that was not the way that I should go.  Surprised to hear this.

I was wondering about the same long ago when the current version of Singularity came in in the less closed beta. Though the creator of the mission (lovalmidas) hinted that there is something at where I mentioned which looks like a wall, but not a real wall. :D

#54 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:43 PM

Also damn, you are so good. Never would have thought about those tactics which you used. Well done again! :)

Hmm? what tactic do you refer to?

#55 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:51 PM

Those where you took out the Tesla Coil and the Battle Bunker.

#56 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:54 PM

I was wondering about the same long ago when the current version of Singularity came in in the less closed beta. Though the creator of the mission (lovalmidas) hinted that there is something at where I mentioned which looks like a wall, but not a real wall. :D

Remapped 'walls' are your friend.

Frankly, I never expected that the location where Ivan was mind controlled was significant. That means a shortcut to the Chinese Airfield, and opening the 2nd entrance to the border much earlier than I had designed.

I am not going to change that part. Good this mission isn't as linear anymore. :p

Edited by lovalmidas, 25 December 2013 - 02:54 PM.

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#57 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:59 PM

Those where you took out the Tesla Coil and the Battle Bunker.

The battle bunker near the bridge must be taken out or my Crazy Ivan can't pass through it.

As for the Tesla Coil, well I just made use of the stationary convoys lol.

#58 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:41 PM

vY0OPSq.jpg

Something strange happened again.

Malver got spotted and killed by a sniper.

There was a SEAL near the humvee but he wasn't supposed to detect Malver as he was still far from him.

I shouldn' t have tried to find out what there was in the bottom side.

Curiosity kills a cat, but here it killed Malver. :(

Gonna try this stage again in these days.

Edited by UprisingJC, 25 December 2013 - 06:52 PM.

#59 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  • Projects:YR Argentina Webmaster
  •  Since April 2011
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:YR Argentina

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:56 PM

vY0OPSq.jpg

There was a SEAL near the humvee but he wasn't supposed to detect Malver as he was still far from him.

IMHO, it's the hardest mission from all the 36 in the campaign, even Unshakeable or bugged Human Shield is doable in less attempts.

Edited by Martinoz, 25 December 2013 - 06:57 PM.

7fqd2Qz.png

#60 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 07:02 PM

vY0OPSq.jpg

IMHO, it's the hardest mission from all the 36 in the campaign, even Unshakeable or bugged Human Shield is doable in less attempts.

I agree with you.

Human shield once took me a lot of time but I still figured out how to clear it.

This stage is even more difficult than Epsilon's last campaign is.

As for Unshakable, well I haven't cleared it yet LOL.

Currently the campaigns I haven't cleared are:

Soviet   11th - Unshakable

Epsilon 3rd   - Scrapyard

Epsilon 7th   - Think Different

Epsilon 11th - Singularity

Edited by UprisingJC, 25 December 2013 - 07:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users