#41 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  • Projects:Doom Desire
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:37 PM

What is the best answer for player who have plenty of T3 defenses when playing Psicorps? They can be dealt with Reshephs easily but what if there is no water?

Brutespam and Libra. Destroy base defenses with Magnetrons while they focus on Brutes. Bring in Masterminds with Brutes.
And most importantly, INFILTRATE THOSE DAMN POWERPLANTS BEFORE THE ATTACK. There, no more powered Hammers. :p
ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

#42 WhiteDragon25

WhiteDragon25
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:55 AM

Funny little tactic I discovered while playing as PsiCorps verses Confederation in a skirmish game: If your opponent happens to produce Catastrophe Tanks, if you mind-control one with an Epsilon Elite, and then put another Elite inside the Catastrophe Tank, the Catastrophe Tank can mind-control other units - such as another Catastrophe Tank. You can then use that Catastrophe Tank to carry another Elite and then do the same thing again. Shenanigans ensue.

I never did manage to achieve the full potential of this tactic, but this looks to be a hilariously fun move if done properly.

I have a Moddb page, if anyone cares to check it out: linky.

I can also be found at the Spacebattles Forums: linky.

#43 Protozoan

Protozoan

Big Stinky Gun

• Members
  • 429 posts
  •  Prepare to be emancipated from your own inferior genes!

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:03 AM

Funny little tactic I discovered while playing as PsiCorps verses Confederation in a skirmish game: If your opponent happens to produce Catastrophe Tanks, if you mind-control one with an Epsilon Elite, and then put another Elite inside the Catastrophe Tank, the Catastrophe Tank can mind-control other units - such as another Catastrophe Tank. You can then use that Catastrophe Tank to carry another Elite and then do the same thing again. Shenanigans ensue.

I never did manage to achieve the full potential of this tactic, but this looks to be a hilariously fun move if done properly.

Ouch, that sounds like that would also work with Battle Fortresses and basically any vehicle from which units can 'fire' out of.

Edited by Protozoan, 17 December 2013 - 06:04 AM.

2nm4ut.jpg

#44 Hecthor Doomhammer

Hecthor Doomhammer

Live Streamer

• Project Team
  • 1,282 posts
  • Projects:Livestreams
  •  C&C mods Livestreamer

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:39 AM

If you want to experience something really sneaky, Whitedragon, then ping me on irc when you read this. I've got soething bad ass in mind

Edited by Hecthor Doomhammer, 17 December 2013 - 10:59 AM.

Streamer of Rise of the Reds, Mental Omega and other mods

xqbQD6S.jpg

#45 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts
  •  Each post handcrafted for the discerning reader.

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:45 AM

If you want to experience a good time, Whitedragon,  then ping me on irc when you read thisI've got something bad ass in mind

​Damn it Doom. The Faction Strategies thread is not your local singles bar. ;)

#46 WhiteDragon25

WhiteDragon25
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:24 PM

If you want to experience something really sneaky, WhiteDragon, then ping me on irc when you read this. I've got something bad ass in mind.

For people who want to know (not many, likely, but they should), the strategy Doomhammer showed me revolves around the HQ Shadow Tanks:

Build up a force of Shadow Tanks (around 4x5 squares of space in total) and send them off to your opponent's base. Then, carefully position them around a target of opportunity - a Barracks, War Factory, or Ore Refinery - specifically at the enterances of each structure. Put them into Hold Fire mode so they don't brazenly shoot at anything that passes by.

When successfully carried out, your opponent is blocked from anything - block off the Refinery, and the Miners can't get to the Refinery; block off the Barracks, and your opponent can't produce any infantry (money is refunded though); block off the War Factory, vehicles coming out can't leave the exit without trying to kill the Shadow Tank blocking them.

A devious little strategy, but one that has several weaknesses: 1) Building a second War Factory and/or Barracks solves the backlog problem, 2) building a turret of some type at the enterance of each gives you a chance to kill one or more of the Shadow Tanks blocking it, 3) a unit trying to reach a space occupied by the Shadow Tank will reveal the Shadow Tank.

There, neutralized that strategy before it ever reaches multiplay meta-game! :p

#47 Black/Brunez

Black/Brunez

Title? What title?

• Project Team
  • 1,262 posts
  •  Mentalmeister - Random Annoying Guy

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:15 PM

I only see this working when:

1) you have 50k starting money to start spamming so many Shadow Tanks right near the start of the game.

2) your enemy is stupid enough to not get stealth detectors when player vs HQ or SC. And is not even thinking about using their money. :p

Edited by Black/Brunez, 17 December 2013 - 10:16 PM.

#48 WhiteDragon25

WhiteDragon25
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:27 PM

I only see this working when:

1) you have 50k starting money to start spamming so many Shadow Tanks right near the start of the game.

2) your enemy is stupid enough to not get stealth detectors when player vs HQ or SC. And is not even thinking about using their money. :p

That too. :p

#49 Protozoan

Protozoan

Big Stinky Gun

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:05 PM

It's difficult for me to beat Headquarters & PsiCorps more than any other faction as Russia, when I vs Headquarters, the combination of Stalkers + Colossi and the Irkralla just make it impossible for me to beat that force, they might throw in a few adepts to make it harder for me as well, or dreamweavers.

The Colossi deploy and shoot down my Wolfhounds, my Terror Drones get owned by the Colossi undeployed and the Stalkers, conventional ground forces get captured by adepts/elites, and half of them end up getting destroyed by the stalkers + colossi + the Irkralla.

When I play against PsiCorps (and this conclusion comes from vsing Mevitar), he'll use Masterminds + Magnetrons to stop my best units, along with Elites and a shit load of infantry to get in the way of my units, so some of my units will get captured and end up destroying each other, but my biggest beef with them is Libra, she outranges all my units except the SCUD Launcher (which she evades with ease), she'll shoot at my vehicles or infantry and destroy a few, then retreat back into the main force before I can react, and she'll just keep doing that, Terror Drones + Attack Dogs get killed by her conventional main force, Wolfhounds get ripped apart by the Gatling Tanks & Archers, my strategy for that is to basically have more Wolfhounds :L

I have no issue beating any other Faction besides Headquarters & PsiCorps, I beat Mevitar twice when he played as the Allies but he beat me twice when he played as PsiCorps, I've only ever lost to the Allies once and that was because of a Super Weapon, I have lost to other Soviet factions a few times, and I can say I lost to them fair & square. But PsiCorps & Headquarters is too problematic for me and I believe that Russia either lacks the necessary units to beat them or that those factions are simply overpowered, but Headquarters more so than PsiCorps.

2nm4ut.jpg

#50 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:06 PM

In the first game you won against me because i was unable to attack you with anything as you had height advantage, and i was stuck in my base due to Aeroblazes being unable to kill Wolfhounds. You could safely attack me with anything, and i couldn't get my Tanya through to your base due to garrisoned bunkers. In the second game i didn't even get to T3. It's not about Allies being weak and Epsilon being OP. It's about map control, which i failed to achieve.

Edited by mevitar, 19 December 2013 - 02:07 PM.

ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

#51 Protozoan

Protozoan

Big Stinky Gun

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:47 PM

Yeah, but certain units and combinations can factor into who does it better, and when it comes to the thick of things, it isn't about map control at that point, it's about which unit is better and what units are effective against what.

If you had played Epsilon, your Gatling Tanks & Gatling Turrets + Archers would have simply shot down my SCUDs, a Driller APC with some Engineers would have shut me down or stalled me long enough for you to gain the upper hand, and the second match had nothing to do with map control, but since you were the Allies, your patriot missiles wouldn't have been useful enough at that point, you had to also use some craptastical pill boxes which are all-around ineffective, Epsilon doesn't need to build as much as the other factions so they get to T3 a lot quicker whilst being able to adequately defend themselves. I also attacked your miners quite a few times throughout the first match, which I wouldn't have been capable of doing if you were Epsilon, because Ghost Miners...

All in all, these small unique differences that HQ & PsiCorps has ends up being an advantage against Russia.

EDIT: Your Aeroblazes did kill my Wolfhounds, a lot of them, a couple of times, I just kept building more, lol.

Edited by Protozoan, 19 December 2013 - 02:48 PM.

2nm4ut.jpg

#52 Black/Brunez

Black/Brunez

Title? What title?

• Project Team
  • 1,262 posts
  •  Mentalmeister - Random Annoying Guy

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:22 PM

Psy Corps OP vs Russia? Russia is one of the best factions to fight Psy Corps because of their Tesla units.

And the HQ bitching again? -_-*

#53 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:24 PM

In the first game you won against me...

WHAT. Mevitar lost?! I'm so going to move him down the ranks. :D

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#54 Protozoan

Protozoan

Big Stinky Gun

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:26 PM

Psy Corps OP vs Russia? Russia is one of the best factions to fight Psy Corps because of their Tesla units.

And the HQ bitching again? -_-*

With good reason ofc

Yeah my Tesla units work real well when the opponent captures them and they destroy each other -,-

Mevitar practically blockaded my units with infantry, just imagine a picture with initiates & archers crawling over the Masterminds and getting squashed under the treads of Tesla Tanks, PICTURE IT RIGHT NOW

But Russia doesn't have much that is effective against Adepts/Elites, Dreamweavers, Masterminds or Libra, you can't possibly expect me to rush with Terror Drones because 9 out of 10 times those units are backed up, and Terror Drones armor were obviously made from cardboard so any unit with a pistol can destroy one.

What am I supposed to do? Rush and have my units destroy each other while the pesky small force is enough to take out the remaining units after they've already damaged each other? It just doesn't work. Otherwise, I want video evidence of two equally skilled Mentalmeisters challenge each other as Russia & Headquarters/PsiCorps.

And on a map that relies less on Map Control

In the first game you won against me...

WHAT. Mevitar lost?! I'm so going to move him down the ranks.  :D

It's because the Allies are silly billies when it comes to fighting glorious Soviet Empire

Edited by Protozoan, 19 December 2013 - 03:33 PM.

2nm4ut.jpg

#55 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:33 PM

Gatlings will not shoot SCUD rockets down. Archer AA attack isn't much different from Guardian GI AA attack, and you saw yourself how "well" GGIs handled the SCUDs. Even Aeroblazes (best pin-point AA units in the game) couldn't shoot them all down, and you expect gatlings to somehow handle it?

My mistake was solely that i allowed you to control the center of the map and occupy the bunkers, which made me vulnerable to anything you did, since you could safely attack me from top. In order to get to you i had to go all the way around just to get on the same height level as you were. This is what i would do if i were a different faction:

EA: Attack your tanks with Siegfied, since he can attack units that are on higher elevation levels than he is. Add Thors and your Wolfhounds wouldn't be able to come near.
Russia: I think it's obvious how would Russia get around that.
China: Situation would be similar to what we had, except Centurion would be able to fire at you from below. Don't know if Yunru would be able to EMP your units from there, but if yes, you wouldn't be able to do anything if i kept Sentinels near Centurion.
Confederation: Not sure what i would do, but at least Catas wouldn't get killed by Wolfhounds.
Any Epsilon: Simply Mind Control the units that are on top, since they can do that. Keep AA close against Wolfhounds.

As USA, i was forced to use Stormchilds or Warhawks. I had neither. And in BOTH games, i was still at T2 when you were at T3, and i built no Gap Gens to protect myself from SCUDs. So don't immediately go "Soviets > Allies, Epsilon OP" like you did.

Also, Allies get to T3 as fast as Epsilon does, since they only need 2 powerplants until Tech Lab is built and then simply upgrade them. There is no need for more unless you're not going straight to T3. It's only the Soviets that have to spam powerplants.

Edited by mevitar, 19 December 2013 - 03:42 PM.

ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

#56 Protozoan

Protozoan

Big Stinky Gun

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:43 PM

Gatlings will not shoot SCUD rockets down. Archer AA attack isn't much different from Guardian GI AA attack, and you saw yourself how "well" GGIs handled the SCUDs. Even Aeroblazes (best pin-point AA units in the game) couldn't shoot them all down, and you expect gatlings to somehow handle it?

I c

My mistake was solely that i allowed you to control the center of the map and occupy the bunkers, which made me vulnerable to anything you did, since you could safely attack me from top. In order to get to you i had to go all the way around just to get on the same height level as you were. This is what i would do if i were a different faction:

That was a bit of a silly map.

EA: Attack your tanks with Siegfied, since he can attack units that are on higher elevation levels than he is. Add Thors and your Wolfhounds wouldn't be able to come near.

SCUDs :D
Russia: I think it's obvious how would Russia get around that.

China: Situation would be similar to what we had, except Centurion would be able to fire at you from below. Don't know if Yunru would be able to EMP your units from there, but if yes, you wouldn't be able to do anything if i kept Sentinels near Centurion.

Confederation: Not sure what i would do, but at least Catas wouldn't get killed by Wolfhounds.

Any Epsilon: Simply Mind Control the units that are on top, since they can do that. Keep AA close against Wolfhounds.

Dunno :(

As USA, i was forced to use Stormchilds or Warhawks. I had neither. And in BOTH games, i was still at T2 when you were at T3. So don't immediately go "Soviets > Allies".

In the second match you did build Warhawks, and I shot 'em down, you didn't build any Stormchildren tho (possibly because they're too expensive huh?)

Also, Allies get to T3 as fast as Epsilon does, since they only need 2 powerplants until Tech Lab is built and then simply upgrade them. There is no need for more unless you're not going straight to T3. It's soviets only that go on low power once they get to Radar.

2nm4ut.jpg

#57 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:11 PM

You know that Siegfried can run away from SCUDs?
I guess you didn't fight against someone that uses Siegfried properly yet.
ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

#58 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:30 PM

mevitar's favored side is PsiCorps anyway.

Epsilon sides are a bit hard to use, because they don't really good for straightforward battles (even Scorpion Cell). Epsilon is more about harassing and using dirty tricks than build tons of T3 and send them to battle. You just don't know how to deal with them.

PsiCorps is the most versatile because it has lots of amphibious units. Also units like Mastermind, Magnetron, Gehenna allow defensive playstyle, while Lasher Tanks and Marauders are good for harassing and hit'n'run tactics.

Scorpion Cell is an offensive sub-faction. Scorpion Cell has the cheapest, fastest, yet the most fragile units. While Scorpion Cell units are very good for spamming, a chinese Nuwa can kill at least 5 Mantis Tanks single handedly. They are very good for harassing and hit'n'run tactics, but it isn't recommended to use Scorpion Cell units blindly.

HQ is a defensive sub-faction. Many of you consider HQ the most op, but HQ has it's own vulnerabilites like European Alliance. Irkalla isn't a main battle epic unit, she offers relatively long range all round defense to your forces, but this doesn't mean that it should be used alone. Colossus isn't that powerful anti-air. Colossus is very good against Thors, Kirovs, Wolfhounds and other slow air targets, but against fast moving air units they suck. Shadow Tanks are only useful for ambushes and harassing, but they suck terribly in assaults. Also they aren't very cheap. You need at least 10 Shadow Tanks to be able to use them for something, which cost 10k bucks.

I think I've said every important thing about Epsilon sides.

#59 Protozoan

Protozoan

Big Stinky Gun

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:46 PM

I think the important thing you missed is that they're overpowered. Seems fairly important to me I would think.

Do explain to me these 'vulnerabilities' you speak of.

I would be interested in seeing the best MM Russian player vs the best MM PsiCorps/HQ player.

Edited by Protozoan, 19 December 2013 - 05:46 PM.

2nm4ut.jpg

#60 Protozoan

Protozoan

Big Stinky Gun

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:52 PM

Unless there aren't any, because 75% of the staff are Epsilon fans, which would make sense as to why they're op in the first place. >:L

2nm4ut.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users