Photo

[Dev Poll #1] Sensors for a Soviet vehicle

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll 1

The stealth&subterranean sensors for a Soviet unit should..

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 Protozoan

Protozoan

Big Stinky Gun

• Members
  • 429 posts
  •  Prepare to be emancipated from your own inferior genes!

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:07 AM

Honestly I find that the Borillo just by itself having stealth detection is as natural as giving Cthulhu cybernetics. The TD gets my vote with modifications that can grant stealth detection when inside a vehicle that holds two or more passengers such as the (Half-Track or Tsvil, etc) so it would limit it's expend-ability.

Nice analogy. I'm not sure that's possible with the engine though? I checked the Changelog anyway and it doesn't look like there are any changes regarding the stealth detection for the TD, and stealth detection has not been removed from the Borillo.

2nm4ut.jpg

#82 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:23 AM

I think it has been stated many times that stealth detection of the Borillos has gone and it hasn't been moved to the Terror Drone. Soviets will have a sensor tower which can detect stealth.

#83 Protozoan

Protozoan

Big Stinky Gun

• Members
  • 429 posts
  •  Prepare to be emancipated from your own inferior genes!

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:59 AM

I think it has been stated many times that stealth detection of the Borillos has gone and it hasn't been moved to the Terror Drone. Soviets will have a sensor tower which can detect stealth.

Doesn't that just leave them with the Tesla Trooper for mobile stealth detection?

Edited by Protozoan, 24 October 2014 - 08:01 AM.

2nm4ut.jpg

#84 Malekron

Malekron
  • Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:39 PM

Doesn't that just leave them with the Tesla Trooper for mobile stealth detection?

I also believe that the mortar quad has stealth detection since it replaces the Tesla trooper for the Latin Confederation. 

#85 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:49 PM

I don't know whether I am allowed to say this, but the idea of Mortar Quad replaces Tesla Trooper for the Confederation is discarded, at least in the latest playable BR2 version.

#86 Tyhednus

Tyhednus

title available

• Members
  • 459 posts
  •  Casual mod player and AS tester

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:44 AM

Why not give the Tsivil and Halftrack stealth detection? They are tier 1, small transports and antiinfantry. And even antiair, but that does not really matter.

#87 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  • Projects:YR Argentina Webmaster
  •  Since April 2011
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:YR Argentina

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:49 AM

Because Borillo has got. Also it's pretty cheap and mass produced AA unit, so there would be rather no place for cloaked units.

Edited by Martinoz, 01 November 2014 - 09:51 AM.

7fqd2Qz.png

#88 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 01:45 PM

Because Borillo has got. Also it's pretty cheap and mass produced AA unit, so there would be rather no place for cloaked units.

Stinger can also be mass produced.

#89 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  • Projects:YR Argentina Webmaster
  •  Since April 2011
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:YR Argentina

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:54 PM

But has no AA :p