Photo

[Dev Poll #1] Sensors for a Soviet vehicle

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll 1

The stealth&subterranean sensors for a Soviet unit should..

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:20 PM

I'd say it's more of an issue that they DON'T get kicked out. Means Ghost Miners have no protection against Drones, unlike the other two miners.

Simple: keep 2 or more than 2 Repair Stingers at your base.

#42 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:04 AM

It's simple, we kill the Drone.

:p

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#43 WhiteDragon25

WhiteDragon25
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:18 AM

It's simple, we kill the Drone.

:p

Has Yunru been watching The Dark Knight again? She knows she's not supposed to watch those 'adventures' of that crazy capitalist bat-fetishist and his war against that even crazier anarchist-nihilist killer clown! Pah, American comic-book propaganda... seriously, who let her get her hands on this!?

I have a Moddb page, if anyone cares to check it out: linky.

I can also be found at the Spacebattles Forums: linky.

#44 Mister_Pants

Mister_Pants
  • Members
  • 55 posts
  •  Magical Legwear

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:22 AM

43968412.jpg

In all seriousness, it is kinda neat to see the divide here. Seems to tilt heavily towards the Terror Drone's favour, which is totally okay, seeing as it opens up new strategies for soviet players.  :p

Edited by Mister_Pants, 18 December 2013 - 07:59 PM.

#45 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:03 AM

Simple: keep 2 or more than 2 Repair Stingers at your base.

That might be simple but its expensive. The other two sides don't need to do that, necessarily. If a Soviet player goes immediately for Terror Drones they're gonna cause harm long before you can get out 2 Stingers and 2 Engineers.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#46 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:53 AM

43968412.jpg

I'll suggest detectors on both Terror Drone and Borillo so I can see people losing their minds without batting an eye. :)

More seriously, is the option of having a T2 detector vehicle as well as a T1 detector open for discussion? :p

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:

#47 Sorrow from MAS

Sorrow from MAS
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Projects:Don't have a project yet
  •  Medium Level

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:12 PM

what would happen if repair drone can detect the cloak units??

thinking....thinking....thinking.

#48 Sorrow from MAS

Sorrow from MAS
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  Medium Level

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:29 PM

The repair drone for the task wouldn't be a hood idea IMO becoz it's access is was too much linited. The low armor does not help neither.

But the Terror Drones and Borillos both have their big issues compared to the Repair Drone.

Terror Drone - These would make Ghost Miners obsolete, they can detect stealth and will stay inside the Miners even when it regains cloak. And they have a very annoying tendency to get involved in the wrong situations at the wrong times, so it would prove troublesome to manage.

Borillo - It's T2, so Soviets wouldn't have any unit decent enough to detect stealth in T1. Besides, Borillo has a lot of features (Flamethrower, Transport, Amphibious). Adding more is just a stretch.

And, I think Repair Drone's armor and health problem could be easily handled by proper nerfing and buffing. Besides, the Repair Drone is also amphibious. If it doesn't have much access as others, you could increase it's decloaking radius to compensate.

/But thinking back, giving Terror Drones cloak detection might not be that bad. But would prove to be really irksome for Epsilon players./

EDIT: OOR, I have another suggestion. Halftracks and Tsivils could have a logic similar to Stingers. Stingers are converted into a repair vehicle when an Engineer enters it. WHAT IF, Halftracks and Tsivils are converted into stealth detectors when a Dog enters it. Something like that.

that's won't work at all for soviet..if it's do allies faction will do..

#49 WarriorGirlD

WarriorGirlD
  • Members
  • 33 posts
  •  A proud Ex-MO Player

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:37 PM

Terror drone

#50 Sorrow from MAS

Sorrow from MAS
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  Medium Level

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:49 PM

terror drone need to improve if they have a detector...but poor to epsilon miner there will no use to be a ghost miner at all..

#51 Hecthor Doomhammer

Hecthor Doomhammer

Live Streamer

• Project Team
  • 1,282 posts
  • Projects:Livestreams
  •  C&C mods Livestreamer

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

I was thinking, if Ares allows for 1 type of weapon to kill occupants of a garrisoned building, whiich I know Speeder wants to be FLAMES, then you'd have a valid reason imo to switch the sensor over to the Terror Drone

Streamer of Rise of the Reds, Mental Omega and other mods

xqbQD6S.jpg

#52 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts
  •  Each post handcrafted for the discerning reader.

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:14 AM

I think the biggest issue to address here if the Drone gets detection is: "how do Ghost Miners protect themselves from them?"

Edited by Zenothist, 17 January 2014 - 08:14 AM.

#53 Mister_Pants

Mister_Pants
  • Members
  • 55 posts
  •  Magical Legwear

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:44 AM

Perhaps assure the destruction of the Drone when it destroys the Miner? As in, the Ghost Miner could get a mechanism that destroys the incurring Terror Drone if it were to jump in and attack. Sort of a "You got me, but goddamn it, I'm taking you down with me!" kind of thing. Although Chitzkoi would be immune to this sort of mechanism.

#54 Hecthor Doomhammer

Hecthor Doomhammer

Live Streamer

• Project Team
  • 1,282 posts
  • Projects:Livestreams
  •  C&C mods Livestreamer

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:18 AM

Still te War Miner isn't guaranteed to be safe for a TD attack and donce it's in, given there is no Repair Drone near, it's gone

Streamer of Rise of the Reds, Mental Omega and other mods

xqbQD6S.jpg

#55 Mister_Pants

Mister_Pants
  • Members
  • 55 posts
  •  Magical Legwear

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

You're right, the War Miner would be at a loss. Because its peashooter can't one-shot the drone anymore, and because of that, it too can get swarmed by drones with relative success. Although the whole point to making the drones viable was to make them more resistant to peashooter fire. This really is quite annoying to figure out. :s

#56 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts
  •  Each post handcrafted for the discerning reader.

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:02 PM

War miners two-shot drones now. It's enough to take out a drone or two, but isn't impervious to them, as it should be.

#57 Abood

Abood
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:29 AM

Someone mentioned adding another unit for the soviets that could detect stealth. Can this actually be considered? If so, could you make it the soviet unit that's immune to mind control and chaos?

The problem is, as was already mentioned, that terror drones are just too damn fragile, quickly falling victim to anti-infantry and anti-vehicle fire alike. They can be countered by anything, and become absolutely useless whenever there's a repair unit around (which is so easy to achieve, especially later in the game). They're simply impossible to manage properly.

In fact, I've started to use War miners as a mind-control and chaos deterrent when I play soviets.

#58 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:53 AM

Hue. Give Soviets a specialized stealthed detector at T2 level, working like the Sensor Array for TS - weaponless, weak and expansive, but with powerful sensors over a long range. :p

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:

#59 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  • Projects:Doom Desire
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:30 PM

TBH, i think that if Terror Drones would deploy into a detector structure, with a bit higher detection range than other T1 detectors, then there should be no balance issues (you'd need at least 2 Drones to attack any Ghost Miner, and Malver could still destroy a lone deployed Drone). Plus, the stealth bug you know about would be very abuseable with regular TDs having cloak detection.

Or give Soviets that stealth detector structure, but on T1 and with lower range. Anything but stealth detection on TDs. :p

Edited by mevitar, 18 January 2014 - 12:31 PM.

ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

#60 Abood

Abood
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:56 PM

You're right, the War Miner would be at a loss. Because its peashooter can't one-shot the drone anymore, and because of that, it too can get swarmed by drones with relative success. Although the whole point to making the drones viable was to make them more resistant to peashooter fire. This really is quite annoying to figure out. :s

Solution: Give the War miner a better weapon.

Seriously; the War miner is at a huge disadvantage compared to the Chrono and Ghost miners.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users