• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#41 I_Download_Stuff

I_Download_Stuff

Creative Thinker w/ Alot of Ideas

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert: Global Revolution
  •  Some guy... IDK, WHAT can you think?!

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:31 AM

Is The Colony made out of bugs and termites that got mutated somehow because I could hardly visualize what they would look like, please clarify

#42 someonebutnoone

someonebutnoone

Commradyte Scion/ Incubator Hunter/ God of Entropy

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:58 AM

Soviet Red Death (Stolen Epsilon tech for Soviets)Cost :$2400Speed: 5.5Hitpoints :850Armor: HeavyPrerequisite:Soviet War Factory, Soviet LabPurpose:Anti-Armor, Anti-InfantryWeapons: "Putrifier" Chemical Thrower, "Chernobyl" Radon Beam, "Chernobyl" CanistersRange : 8.25/8.25/ CloseAn Epsilon infiltration mission instigated by the Chinese has revealed that Yuri and his cohorts have been researching chemical weaponry. China has saw the deadly potential of their research and immediately made haste to incorporate toxins and chemicals into one of their prototypical war machines.At first, most of their attempts failed. Either the produced tanks has to be destroyed for being too hazardous, or just condemned even by colonels.
However, it all changed when they received a telegram from a famous German scientist named Josef Mengele that states he and his compatriots had defected to the Soviet cause. Mengele himself did the improvements to the tank, making it less hazardous to friendlies, and ensuring that its targets will die ghastly deaths. HE called it, the "Red Death".
The Red Death, or how their fellow Soviets call it,when considered to be the ultimate affront to environmental health and safety, when multitudes of civilians, health workers, and environmentalists called for the Chinese government to outlaw the war machine, but their requests fell into deaf ears as testing of the Red Death on an uninhabited island near Taiwan.The test was so highly successful, that island has to be erased off the map for being extremely dangerous to humans. Capable of throwing vast amounts of hydrochloric and nitric acid that can waste away the armor of tanks and flesh of infantry, leaving areas desolate for a few minutes. and emitting super-high radiation beams to either attack aircraft or radiation from the exhaust pipes while deployed. the Red Death strives nothing more than the extermination of its enemies, by using grossly inhumane ways.

The Red Death voice (Former Nazi scientist who defected to the Soviets, after all, Josef Mengele designed these tanks, think the Medic from TF2)

Sorry to poke a hole in that idea, but Josef Mengele was never an actual licensed scientist; the guy was a complete wackjob and a sick fuck, who only got his position thanks to Nazi Party patronage from writing a bogus 'scientific paper' 'explaining' why the Jews were 'racially inferior'. He had no degree in any scientific field whatsoever; in fact, all of his 'experiments' he conducted in the death camps were not done in proper scientific procedure at all, or had any purpose besides satisfying his own morbid curiosity and bloodlust.

Hell, in the RA universe, I'm pretty sure the guy would've been thrown in prison and later executed for committing henious, gruesome murders the likes of which haven't been seen since Jack the Ripper.

Oh, so that's what happened RETCON: On the RA universe, he was secretly hired by the Soviets to help in the production of the Red Death, based on his "scientific background in toxicology and adept at military strategy." (implies he has designs for things WORSE than the Red Death itself)

#43 someonebutnoone

someonebutnoone

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:01 AM

@LusiGoosi what is the "archon tribunal"?

I have an idea for it, they comprise of the aeronautic and astronomic divison of Epsilon, complete air and water superiority.

#44 WhiteDragon25

WhiteDragon25
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:30 AM

Soviet Red Death (Stolen Epsilon tech for Soviets)Cost :$2400Speed: 5.5Hitpoints :850Armor: HeavyPrerequisite:Soviet War Factory, Soviet LabPurpose:Anti-Armor, Anti-InfantryWeapons: "Putrifier" Chemical Thrower, "Chernobyl" Radon Beam, "Chernobyl" CanistersRange : 8.25/8.25/ CloseAn Epsilon infiltration mission instigated by the Chinese has revealed that Yuri and his cohorts have been researching chemical weaponry. China has saw the deadly potential of their research and immediately made haste to incorporate toxins and chemicals into one of their prototypical war machines.At first, most of their attempts failed. Either the produced tanks has to be destroyed for being too hazardous, or just condemned even by colonels.
However, it all changed when they received a telegram from a famous German scientist named Josef Mengele that states he and his compatriots had defected to the Soviet cause. Mengele himself did the improvements to the tank, making it less hazardous to friendlies, and ensuring that its targets will die ghastly deaths. HE called it, the "Red Death".
The Red Death, or how their fellow Soviets call it,when considered to be the ultimate affront to environmental health and safety, when multitudes of civilians, health workers, and environmentalists called for the Chinese government to outlaw the war machine, but their requests fell into deaf ears as testing of the Red Death on an uninhabited island near Taiwan.The test was so highly successful, that island has to be erased off the map for being extremely dangerous to humans. Capable of throwing vast amounts of hydrochloric and nitric acid that can waste away the armor of tanks and flesh of infantry, leaving areas desolate for a few minutes. and emitting super-high radiation beams to either attack aircraft or radiation from the exhaust pipes while deployed. the Red Death strives nothing more than the extermination of its enemies, by using grossly inhumane ways.

The Red Death voice (Former Nazi scientist who defected to the Soviets, after all, Josef Mengele designed these tanks, think the Medic from TF2)

Sorry to poke a hole in that idea, but Josef Mengele was never an actual licensed scientist; the guy was a complete wackjob and a sick fuck, who only got his position thanks to Nazi Party patronage from writing a bogus 'scientific paper' 'explaining' why the Jews were 'racially inferior'. He had no degree in any scientific field whatsoever; in fact, all of his 'experiments' he conducted in the death camps were not done in proper scientific procedure at all, or had any purpose besides satisfying his own morbid curiosity and bloodlust.

Hell, in the RA universe, I'm pretty sure the guy would've been thrown in prison and later executed for committing henious, gruesome murders the likes of which haven't been seen since Jack the Ripper.

Oh, so that's what happened RETCON: On the RA universe, he was secretly hired by the Soviets to help in the production of the Red Death, based on his "scientific background in toxicology and adept at military strategy." (implies he has designs for things WORSE than the Red Death itself)

Once again: absolutely no scientific background except in racial pseudoscience, and was never in the military, being purely a Nazi Party patsy and thug. Oh, and complete murderous nutcase. I doubt even the Soviets would want anything to do with him.

There are better choices (relatively speaking) for some sort of Soviet/Chinese research project on Epsilon chemical weaponry (Like Gerhard Schrader, creator of Tabun and Sarin, or Hugo Stolzenberg, a chemist who was hired by the Soviets to modernize their chemical weapons).

EDIT: Wait, here's his Wikipedia page: linky. Apparently he had a doctorate in Anthropology and Medicine (how the hell he got the former I have no idea, but the latter came from the Institute for Hereritary Biology and Racial Hygiene... yeah, a Nazi diploma mill). He was also in the Waffen-SS as a medic before heading off to Auschwitz to perform his 'experiments'.

Considering the fact that he was not picked up by the USA's Operation Paperclip or its Soviet counterpart, and he fled to Argentina as a wanted war criminal, I think it's safe to say that nobody wanted him (or wanted anything to do with him).

Still, my point stands on that there are better alternatives to choose from.

I have a Moddb page, if anyone cares to check it out: linky.

I can also be found at the Spacebattles Forums: linky.

#45 I_Download_Stuff

I_Download_Stuff

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:06 AM

I have an idea for it, they comprise of the aeronautic and astronomic divison of Epsilon, complete air and water superiority.

Since it's actually my idea, the "Archon Tribunal" is a little bit of what you said only that, the whole sub-faction excels in infiltration, telekinesis and 'magical' weaponry and most of their units might and/or will sound StarCrafty.

#46 someonebutnoone

someonebutnoone

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:36 AM

Since it's actually my idea, the "Archon Tribunal" is a little bit of what you said only that, the whole sub-faction excels in infiltration, telekinesis and 'magical' weaponry and most of their units might and/or will sound StarCrafty.

Can I help?

#47 I_Download_Stuff

I_Download_Stuff

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:50 AM

Can I help?

Sure, I'll add to my conversations with LusiGoosi

#48 someonebutnoone

someonebutnoone

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:50 AM

We should also add some unique things each for the 9 existing subfactions.

Like a subfaction having to rely on dozers for base building, each subfaction has a building model, basic infantry, etc. since, no offense,
I want some variety on MO, plus they can represent their subfaction better.

Tesla Reactor becomes unique to Russia,
Power Plant becomes unique to US.
Atom Reactor (can be deployed to have more power, at the cost of some of its health) becomes unique to China

Any more ideas?

#49 Atomic_Noodles

Atomic_Noodles

Colony Hivemind

• Project Team
  • 854 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert - Colony Wars
  •  Colony Wars Hive Mind

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:42 AM

Is The Colony made out of bugs and termites that got mutated somehow because I could hardly visualize what they would look like, please clarify

Yes. They're angry mutant bugs.

Its also why they don't need Base Power & no engineers and their excuse for harvesting ore & gems is they're eating it.

~ Getting cringe reactions when you see a RAINBOW means you have issues. ~

"This World is an Illussion,Exile" -High Templar Dominus

#50 I_Download_Stuff

I_Download_Stuff

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:21 AM

Yes. They're angry mutant bugs.

Its also why they don't need Base Power & no engineers and their excuse for harvesting ore & gems is they're eating it.

Why does your profile pic looks and feels like it came from an H-Manga?

We should also add some unique things each for the 9 existing subfactions.

Like a subfaction having to rely on dozers for base building, each subfaction has a building model, basic infantry, etc. since, no offense,
I want some variety on MO, plus they can represent their subfaction better.

Tesla Reactor becomes unique to Russia,
Power Plant becomes unique to US.
Atom Reactor (can be deployed to have more power, at the cost of some of its health) becomes unique to China

Any more ideas?

Bio Reactor special to the HQ, due to gene altering experiments

Pulse Reactor (Similar to Bio Reactor, but can only house 1 vehicle to produce power) special to PC

Slave Reactor (technically, it's run by kidnapped people or punished soldiers of the Epsilon, nothing special) special to SC

Mini Generator (1x1 size of a building, soft, fast build, cheap but has the lowest energy yield still provide the same build area) special to LC

That's all I can damn think

#51 Vhaldez

Vhaldez

The World Guardian

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  Peace in Balance

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:42 AM

Euro Alliance has a Furnace, given Britain's industrial revolution background, USA has an Oil Plant, PF has an (Australian) Solar Plant, Russia has a Tesla Reactor, China has both a single and triple Nuke Core, Confeds has Oil Plants too, but with a different design.

I have no ideas for Yuri, or what most of the individual differences would be aside from AoE explosions from Oil Plants and radiation from Nuke Core.

EDIT: Inspired by the above post's Pulse Reactor, I have come up with a power plant for the Scorpion Cell. The Kinetic Generator produces twice as much power when a verhicle is driving in its tredmill.

Edited by Jochmen, 12 January 2014 - 10:49 AM.

bannerfans_16571832.png

#52 Tyhednus

Tyhednus

title available

• Members
  • 459 posts
  •  Casual mod player and AS tester

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:32 AM

New Epsilon faction: Terminus Group.

It focuses on speed and power. Some of their units can use Terminus to increase speed and rate of fire at the cost of some health.

Examples of units:

Rage Tank: Medium Tank that can 'Rage'.

Chaos Stinger: Stinger fitted with Terminus sprayer.

Nightmareweaver: Same as the Dreamweaver, but has greater range. It can be deployed to 'Rage' infantry.

Gatling destroyer: T2 Anti-Air, Anti-Armor unit. It has higher rate of fire than normal gatling tanks. Can 'Rage'. It uses bigger shells against armor and air than the T1 tank. Weaker against infantry.

Hero:Joseph 'Terminus': This man, codenamed Joseph Terminus, is the best researcher and commando of the Terminus Group. He has a special Terminus sprayer that uses a new straint of Terminus called Blue Terminus. Blue Terminus does not only disrupt enemy forces, but causes massive damage as well.

Joseph wears a special armor suit, which protects him from the gas. He can deploy to 'Rage' allied units.

This was just an idea I came up with.

#53 Atomic_Noodles

Atomic_Noodles

Colony Hivemind

• Project Team
  • 854 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert - Colony Wars
  •  Colony Wars Hive Mind

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:10 PM

Because it is.

~ Getting cringe reactions when you see a RAINBOW means you have issues. ~

"This World is an Illussion,Exile" -High Templar Dominus

#54 Tyhednus

Tyhednus

title available

• Members
  • 459 posts
  •  Casual mod player and AS tester

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:26 PM

The Kinetic Generator produces twice as much power when a verhicle is driving in its tredmill.

Maybe you can upgrade it when you have your Lab so it can contain two Vehicles.

#55 Vhaldez

Vhaldez

The World Guardian

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  Peace in Balance

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:40 PM

Maybe you can upgrade it when you have your Lab so it can contain two Vehicles.

For example, yes.

bannerfans_16571832.png

#56 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:16 PM

There's the Wind Powerplant of the Chinese too, already seen on some missions, like Singularity.

#57 someonebutnoone

someonebutnoone

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:49 PM

One of the subfactions can research global upgrades that can permanently upgrade all and upcoming units on the field.

#58 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:48 PM

I'd guess that Archon Tribunal is a faction on the moon?

#59 I_Download_Stuff

I_Download_Stuff

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:41 AM

I'd guess that Archon Tribunal is a faction on the moon?

You'll know that eventually...

#60 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:01 AM

I take that as a yes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users