Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:35 PM

Should you experience difficulties during the installation of the T3A:O client for BFME2, please use this topic to ask for support.

------------------

Questions should be formulated CLEARLY and CONSTRUCTIVELY, and describe the issue in detail.

At the very least, include the following:

- What kind of error do you get?

- What game version are you using?

- What operating system are you using? (Windows 8, Vista, etc)

We will be happy to assist you.

------------------ FREQUENT ISSUES ------------------

If you are having difficulty getting the server to work and you are using the patch switcher:

Solution: Download the updated Patch Switcher from here.

If you are having an issue starting the game because you get an error saying the wrong CD is inserted:

Solution: Go to the BFME2 installation folder (Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Battle for Middle-earth™ II) Right click lotrbfme2.exe, Properties -> compatibility -> Change Settings for all users -> tick out the compatibility mode.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks,

The T3A:Online Team

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#2 zeltrax

zeltrax
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:49 PM

---------------------------
Cannot locate the DVD-ROM
Please insert the correct DVD-ROM, select OK and restart application
OK   

I get that when I have the original cd in my cd drive :/ do I need a cracked exe?

#3 ArCh4Ng3L

ArCh4Ng3L
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:18 PM

But there is no way to play with original disk?

#4 StoneCold

StoneCold
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:44 PM

But there is no way to play with original disk?

There is, you simply need to patch your game to version 1.06 first before you connect, and that's it.

#5 Echo

Echo

T3A:Online

• T3A Staff
  • 1,069 posts
  • Projects:Lot3A
  •  ~~
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:47 PM

I just logged in with my original disk (English, 1.06), and I didn't experience issues so far.

26285.png

#6 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Job:Leader

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:49 PM

As others have stated, it is definitely possible to play using the original disc. I do too.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#7 ArCh4Ng3L

ArCh4Ng3L
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:42 PM

I face an error though and it asks me to use Disk while my original CD is inside.Ive also tried to unistall the PatchSwitcher which was for 1.00/1.06/1.08 , then updated to 1.06 and problem still occured :S .

#8 Eol Ecthelion

Eol Ecthelion
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:18 AM

I can't install it. 

I got windows 7, there are not other ussers and i am the admini.

I have the 3 patches switcher, i select 1.06 and neither work.

http://www.gamerepla...-1396478855.jpg

thats my error

#9 Saucey

Saucey
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:08 AM

ok i did everything as i was told MY ONLY ISSUE i get when trying to start the loadup in the first place is this "Please insert the correct DVD-ROM, select OK and restart application" i unistalled the game multiple times and reinstalled. i dont know what i am doing wrong. i installed it. opened it. it worked fine. got off. installed update. then online client. then says "Please insert the correct DVD-ROM, select OK and restart application".. im playing from original disk.. so why can it not read it? 

#10 StoneCold

StoneCold
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:47 AM

ok i did everything as i was told MY ONLY ISSUE i get when trying to start the loadup in the first place is this "Please insert the correct DVD-ROM, select OK and restart application" i unistalled the game multiple times and reinstalled. i dont know what i am doing wrong. i installed it. opened it. it worked fine. got off. installed update. then online client. then says "Please insert the correct DVD-ROM, select OK and restart application".. im playing from original disk.. so why can it not read it? 

That's really odd, I have the disk version too, but don't have it installed. Instead, I have Forshire's Special Edition version installed with the online client and I'm using a fake DVD image of BFME2 and it works for me. I'll try and reinstall the disk version later today seeing that I want to play the campaign again as well. I'll test and see if I get the same, but if I were you I'd try the fake DVD image. I uploaded it for you over here: http://www13.zippysh...07253/file.html  

You'll need something like Daemon Tools to mount it, if you don't have it installed. 

#11 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:38 AM

I can't install it. 

I got windows 7, there are not other ussers and i am the admini.

I have the 3 patches switcher, i select 1.06 and neither work.

http://www.gamerepla...-1396478855.jpg

thats my error

Are you able to run the installer from the command line and send us the logfile "log.log" afterwards?

Use this command in the directory where the installer is located (via cmd).

msiexec /i "T3AOnlineBFME2_1.4.2.msi" /L*v "log.log"

or with "T3AOnlineBFME2_1.4.1.msi" in case you have the older launcher version.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#12 3eorN'

3eorN'
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:03 AM

I did everything step by step. While login in ingame im getting this: "The specified account or subaccount name wasn't found." 

Any ideas ?

#13 Andy^

Andy^
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Projects:http://www.gamereplays.org/riseofthewitchking/

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:22 AM

I did everything step by step. While login in ingame im getting this: "The specified account or subaccount name wasn't found." 

Any ideas ?

I guess, wrong password since you have 2, one for ingame and other for revora. You should also activate your account I think...

#14 3eorN'

3eorN'
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:37 AM

Any ideas ?

I guess, wrong password since you have 2, one for ingame and other for revora. You should also activate your account I think...

Tried with both passwords. Also i did activate the account twice to be sure. For the second it says the account is activated already.

#15 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:48 AM

Did you type your username into the "EA Account Name" field exactly as it is here?

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#16 3eorN'

3eorN'
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:52 AM

Did you type your username into the "EA Account Name" field exactly as it is here?

Yes, I typed

3eorN'

Maybe I should register again with ingame "Register" button ? I didnt make it yet, maybe admin could firstly check whats up with the account.

Edited by 3eorN', 03 April 2014 - 10:55 AM.

#17 Excelsior

Excelsior
  • Project Team
  • 63 posts
  • Projects:Rise of the Witch-king patch 2.02
  •  Cave Troll

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:08 AM

Hi. I've had a Revora account before the release of the BFME 2 Online Servers. If I attempted to login with my current account and password in the game online network, it tells me I do not have a password for the specified account. However, when I go register for online play, it says my account is already in use, and therefore I cannot complete the online registration.

Do I have to create a second account? 

Thanks.

#18 Excelsior

Excelsior
  • Project Team
  • 63 posts
  • Projects:Rise of the Witch-king patch 2.02
  •  Cave Troll

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:14 AM

I got in. I forgot to set my password in profile settings. Will come back to this forum should I face other difficulties. :)

#19 Smof

Smof
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:52 PM

Hi,

I got issues starting the game. After i press the launch button it tells me to put in the correct disk.

I tried it with several images and the original cd.

I installed forshires version since the installation with the original cd crashes at 99%.

Any ideas?

#20 Eol Ecthelion

Eol Ecthelion
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:04 PM

posted log.log in gr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users