Photo

MO 3.3 // Side 4 "The Foehn Revolt" - General Discussion

• Please log in to reply
2365 replies to this topic

#2341 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

Hellish.Calculative.Eccentric.Dedicated.

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Projects:Command and Conquer 5:Tiberian Destiny(In incubation stage at present)
  •  PsiCorps Proselyte.A mind is a terrible thing to waste. I like Epsilon Headquarters also.

Posted 28 March 2020 - 04:30 AM

I wonder if there is scope for some battles between the Foehn Revolt and the Epsilon Army to occur in space(Take Epsilon's Martian base for example).We could also have Foehn set up facilities around Jupiter,Saturn,Uranus and Neptune (On their moons,to be more precise).That would be something exciting,to say the least.Epsilon on the other hand could set up extra bases on Mercury and Venus.

You mean Lunar base, not Martian base.

No point for both factions to even conquer other planets and their moons, as there is no ore or strategic importance in any of them. Epsilon only took over the Moon to make a fortress wherein they experiment with Libra and her clones without interference until the Soviets arrived (which is implied in many missions and briefings such as Earthrise and Dance of Blood).
My bad.I made an honest mistake there.

But seriously,Foehn still has enough incentive to invest in a space program and FTL travel,and after all they initially planned to steal Epsilon shuttles to escape to space.(Reference-The Great Beyond)(Considering Epsilon has a headstart on them in this regard,not to mention the MO Device.).That will lead to Epsilon pursuing them across the cosmos,and Foehn fighting hard to set up new Bastions and shaking them off.Assuming Foehn win sometime in the future,that opens up several more possibilities.(Like internecine revolts in the colony worlds resulting in a full-blown rebellion,against which Foehn takes up arms-though it's beginning to sound like Ground Control or Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare).

"As there is no ore or strategic importance in any of them"-I am not a foul tempered person,but those words just pushed me past the line.How do you know there is no ore on the moons of the other planets?And as for strategic importance,right now there is none,but with time,as they build spaceports and other facilities,there will be.And anyone who is not convinced is asking for an incoming Diverbee swarm.

BotRot,the next time you give me a BS reply like that,think thrice before typing.I bet you didn't see that coming.

Edited by Drezalnor, 28 March 2020 - 04:41 AM.

"Just die already!"-Libra

#2342 Hardric62

Hardric62
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 07:29 PM

I wonder if there is scope for some battles between the Foehn Revolt and the Epsilon Army to occur in space(Take Epsilon's Martian base for example).We could also have Foehn set up facilities around Jupiter,Saturn,Uranus and Neptune (On their moons,to be more precise).That would be something exciting,to say the least.Epsilon on the other hand could set up extra bases on Mercury and Venus.

No point for both factions to even conquer other planets and their moons, as there is no ore or strategic importance in any of them. Epsilon only took over the Moon to make a fortress wherein they experiment with Libra and her clones without interference until the Soviets arrived (which is implied in many missions and briefings such as Earthrise and Dance of Blood).

But seriously,Foehn still has enough incentive to invest in a space program and FTL travel,and after all they initially planned to steal Epsilon shuttles to escape to space.(Reference-The Great Beyond)(Considering Epsilon has a headstart on them in this regard,not to mention the MO Device.).That will lead to Epsilon pursuing them across the cosmos,and Foehn fighting hard to set up new Bastions and shaking them off.Assuming Foehn win sometime in the future,that opens up several more possibilities.(Like internecine revolts in the colony worlds resulting in a full-blown rebellion,against which Foehn takes up arms-though it's beginning to sound like Ground Control or Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare).

"As there is no ore or strategic importance in any of them"-I am not a foul tempered person,but those words just pushed me past the line.How do you know there is no ore on the moons of the other planets?And as for strategic importance,right now there is none,but with time,as they build spaceports and other facilities,there will be.And anyone who is not convinced is asking for an incoming Diverbee swarm.

BotRot,the next time you give me a BS reply like that,think thrice before typing.I bet you didn't see that coming.

I think remaining polite yourself would be something to do to. These sorts of things are two-ways streets.

As for the FTL thingie... While I'd pay good money to see a Foehn/Mass Effect crossover like Peptuck's Renegade with GDI, fact is, there is no FTL yet. So no space anything more than the Moon for now, and while maybe the place has mineral ressources, it would remain a titanic endeavour, especially when starting from near-zero  in terms of spacecraft... A resource sink a small resistance ove on Earth simply can't afford, without talking about Epsilon's head-start here (it will be nice enough already to launch Coronia and the orbital weaponry used by the Revolt's Quetzal).

Edited by Hardric62, 28 March 2020 - 07:33 PM.

#2343 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Projects:Command and Conquer 5:Tiberian Destiny(In incubation stage at present)
  •  PsiCorps Proselyte.A mind is a terrible thing to waste. I like Epsilon Headquarters also.

Posted 29 March 2020 - 05:36 AM

I think remaining polite yourself would be something to do to. These sorts of things are two-ways streets.

As for the FTL thingie... While I'd pay good money to see a Foehn/Mass Effect crossover like Peptuck's Renegade with GDI, fact is, there is no FTL yet. So no space anything more than the Moon for now, and while maybe the place has mineral ressources, it would remain a titanic endeavour, especially when starting from near-zero in terms of spacecraft... A resource sink a small resistance ove on Earth simply can't afford, without talking about Epsilon's head-start here (it will be nice enough already to launch Coronia and the orbital weaponry used by the Revolt's Quetzal).
Well,as I said,the only way to press my buttons is a poorly thought argument.And if everyone were civil enough,it would be good.

It is going to get pretty long,so I packed it up in a spoiler.
Spoiler

Oh,I forgot a few things.
Spoiler

Some more things to mention.
Spoiler

Phew.That was a lot of mental effort on my part.I hope this will spark off a productive discussion.

Edited by Drezalnor, 29 March 2020 - 06:10 PM.

#2344 MasterLeaf1

MasterLeaf1
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 03:14 PM

I feel like Norio is the type of guy who will probably end up honorably sacrificing himself to protect innocents or fellow PF soldiers.

And I feel like Malver is the type of guy who will personally end up killing another Eppy hero due to rising tensions between the Eppy subfactions.

I also feel like Yunru is the type of girl who is going to rebel against the Soviets due to differing agendas and the Soviet commander will get to kill her.

Wait,

1. Norio did stayed separated from rest of the Allies to defend incoming reinforcements from southern hemisphere. Maybe he got killed that time.

3. Yeah, But she didn't rebel from Chinese intentionally as they kinda removed Yunru from their ranks. Also in Thread Of Death as Soviet commander we get to kill Yunru but ends in a... I don't wanna speak about it. (R.I.P Morales).

2. As Scorpian Cell defected from Epsilon and Malver is alive there is a chance he could kill Rahn (Not Libra because she is a main part in Mental Omega Device). As this is one of a dev's post maybe there is a chance.

#FoehnSoundTracksAreCool  :thumbsupcool:

#2345 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 06:22 AM

The heck?!This thread has been dead for roughly 4 months now.

#2346 temerarus

temerarus
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 February 2021 - 07:30 PM

Follwing previous suggestions of the community, a very special support power for the Foehn could be an "Orbital Bombardment", with an effect similar to the Midas. The trick could be to have to necessarily capture heavely guarded rocket launchpads present in the map/mission/challenge.

#2347 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 08 February 2021 - 03:51 AM

Don't you think the Quetzal is enough tho?

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#2348 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 02 November 2021 - 06:34 AM

Anyway might rewake this thread regardless if discord exist since it gets buried there anyway.

I do wonder how "wide" is the de-sync effect cause by the Paradox Engine? Does it surrounded only the Point Hope? Or does it included the "first" Foehn base outskirts? Also makes me wonder if the Revolt will still bother using the combine allied-soviet arsenal or not.

3qPyjQ8.png

#2349 Moonreaper666

Moonreaper666
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 November 2021 - 07:09 AM

Last Bastion should use Allied/US Remnants and the music 'The Last Line of Defense'

LB is led by Carville (he probably called dibs on naming certain LB units) with Tanya as his enforcer (Tanya wears Power Armor and has her Laser Rifle Upgraded)

(Strange that Alaska is the LB when MO can't reach the Moon which is controlled by Foehn)

Wings of Coronia should use the Soviet Moon Arsenal and 'Stormbringer'

WoC should have Cyborg Boris then later Ressurected Super-Volkov and the Cyborg Dog

Hailhead should use Chinese, Scorpion Cell and PF units as well as 'Remnant of a Distant Future'

Malver works for Hailhead. He has teleportation and can hide nearby allies. His attack is now effective against buildings as well as hits more often

As Foehn expands and destroys more Psychic Beacons/Amplifiers the 'Time Stop' does expand but also loses potency as time goes on and Epsilon uses countermeasures

Yunru merges with Volknet gaining new abilities as well as becoming stronger, becoming a 'god' just like Libra and the Epsilon Commander

AFTER eradicating Epsilon, Foehn will make and use a Time-Machine to prevent ALL the World Wars! This will ERASE EVERYONE FROM THE TIMELINE!!!

Epilogue is a child Albert Einstein using Advanced technology in the 1880s to help mankind solve its problems and colonize Space. A young Lenin and Stalin watch in awe and befriend him (Changing their fates for the better)

Edited by Moonreaper666, 02 November 2021 - 07:10 AM.

#2350 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 02 November 2021 - 09:40 AM

Time Machine is a no. This was talked about multiple times already.

Also, I think we don't need even more animesque plotline.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#2351 Moonreaper666

Moonreaper666
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 November 2021 - 03:36 PM

Time Machine is a no. This was talked about multiple times already.

Also, I think we don't need even more animesque plotline.

So Foehn is okay living in a world in which BILLIONS died and the rest all are poor and have PTSD? Earth being a ruined, polluted wasteland?

Chicago gone. Moscow gone. Entire cities burned to ashes

That isn't something anyone can recover from. Covid has done significant damage and it PALES IN COMPARISON to WW3

Name one GOOD/PLAUSIBLE reason Foehn won't use the Time Machine to prevent WW1, WW2 AND WW3!?

#2352 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 03 November 2021 - 12:04 AM

Einstein is the "one" who made the time machine and very likely the design went with him to the grave (or don't even know anyway). Siegfried doesn't even know that aside from the chrono-based research done by his professor during the 2nd war which he improved at some point.

3qPyjQ8.png

#2353 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 06:17 AM

Name one GOOD/PLAUSIBLE reason Foehn won't use the Time Machine to prevent WW1, WW2 AND WW3!?

Not inventable by Foehn

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#2354 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 03 November 2021 - 01:31 PM

Not inventable by Foehn

I don't think that is a reasonable excuse though. Sure the story wants to avoid it, but without a proper reasoning well someone is gonna point that anyway.

Anyway still, I much presume it is likely no one has the "brains" that even Yunru can't match Einstein's in that I guess.

3qPyjQ8.png

#2355 Moonreaper666

Moonreaper666
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 07:43 PM

First things first, Yunru should have secretly built Cloning Vats to increase the size of her personal Army. Just like how Yuri stole from the Soviets she too steals from Yuri

I'm surprised that the ROC rebels didn't join Foehn during the 1st Mission. Foehn should also recruit a few Latin Confederation units as well (sick of Soviet infighting and paranoia these LC units join Yunru)

When the Psychic Beacon is destroyed in Mission 2 SOME of the freed Chinese forces defect to Foehn out of gratitude. A few Chinese tanks appear from offmap to join Foehn as well

In Mission 3 there should be a small Russian force that joins Foehn (left behind at the end of Unshakeable)

Mission 4 should have groups of US, Euro Alliance, Russian, LC and Scorpion Cell try to reach the Foehn base. If they make it you get reinforcements (Rashid gets a letter from Malver)

Mission 6 should have Cyborg Vanguards for Foehn

#2356 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 04 November 2021 - 08:14 AM

First things first, Yunru should have secretly built Cloning Vats to increase the size of her personal Army. Just like how Yuri stole from the Soviets she too steals from Yuri

I'm surprised that the ROC rebels didn't join Foehn during the 1st Mission. Foehn should also recruit a few Latin Confederation units as well (sick of Soviet infighting and paranoia these LC units join Yunru)

When the Psychic Beacon is destroyed in Mission 2 SOME of the freed Chinese forces defect to Foehn out of gratitude. A few Chinese tanks appear from offmap to join Foehn as well

In Mission 3 there should be a small Russian force that joins Foehn (left behind at the end of Unshakeable)

Mission 4 should have groups of US, Euro Alliance, Russian, LC and Scorpion Cell try to reach the Foehn base. If they make it you get reinforcements (Rashid gets a letter from Malver)

Do you even played or read the whole plot of the campaign?

3qPyjQ8.png

#2357 Moonreaper666

Moonreaper666
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 November 2021 - 04:24 PM

Do you even played or read the whole plot of the campaign?

Yes, half of it doesn't make senss

#2358 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 05 November 2021 - 02:42 AM

It kinda makes more sense than the scenarios you've been describing here, which were too idealistic and too cheesy. It all hinges on everyone and everything flocking to support Yunru and her posse, a group which, I might add, are all but traitors and renegade to nearly all the factions. Let's recap :

- KI and PF that were with Yunru pretty much backstabbed Allied by siding with Chinese in Act 1

- Yunru and her Chinese regiment betrayed Chinese

- Rashidi and the Scorpion Cell betrayed Epsilon

It's too idealistic to think that all sides will band together at once without any form of repercussions, especially with all the deep grudges they have with each others, and all their differing agendas. The Allied wants to get things back to normal pre-Third Great War. The Soviet wants revenge against the Allied and Yuri, and to conquer the world for their communistic ideals. The Revolt only wanted to stop Yuri by any means necessary.

Sure, they all hate Yuri, but their differences will not unite them until the very last minute.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#2359 Moonreaper666

Moonreaper666
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 05 November 2021 - 06:59 AM

It's strange that the Allies and Einstein did not suspect the Soviets for Operation Archetype

Assuming Einstein is not a retard (and knows he changed time before), he would have SECRETLY build a SINGLE-USE Time Manchine and entrust it to Siegfried. The Apprentice would only use it WHEN EVERYTHING GOES TO HELL. It will send the ENTIRE Allied Faction back to the start of RA1/WW2!

I assume Siegfried would use the Time-Machine after Beautiful Mind (Only he knows of the Time-Machine) as the nuking of Chicago was a crippling blow to the US and Euro Alliance

The MO Allies super-upgrade their RA1 counterparts and curbstomp the RA1 Soviets (GIs slaughter RA1 Infantry while Prism Tanks wipeout entire Soviet Bases with ease)

The RA1 Allies don't make the same mistakes. Without the Soviets Yuri does not have the resources and time/distraction to build his own Army

(Foehn would do something similar after defeating Epsilon. Create a Time-Machine and go back to 3500 BCE Ancient Sumeria to help the past humans)

It's not Idealism but Pragmatism. I thought the Soviet Commander was describe as competent by Yuri himself?

The SC should have made a SECRET ceasfire with the US Rebels after Yuri betrayed the Soviets

The Allies should have used their Psychic Beacon in Rome/Puppet Master to protect the Soviets forces there from mind-control IN EXCHANGE for them helping the Allies in some way (Those Terror Drones are great in reducing Allied casualties)

Yunru should have analyzed Cloning Vats and made her own in secret, before Act 1, so she can multiply her Army size. Chinese, Pacific Front, Scorpion Cell, American and Euro Remnants are MULTIPLIED!

(Pacific Front should have secretly built their own Cloning Vats. In Unshakaeble, Noriko copies the data so the Allies can make their own)

In Heartwork and Threat of Dread Yunru helps the Russians/Latins in exchange for resources or Terror/Repair Drones. Soviet Commander agrees as he needs more Cyborgs and the ability to make Knightframes than Minerals

-Yunru's agent provides Krukov/Reznor the override codes for the Cyborgs and Proto-Knightframes. Half of the Cyborgs and disabled Knightframes go to the Russians while the other half goes to Yunru

-Threat of Dread, Yunru promises to tell the Soviet Commander something important if he protects her forces until they evacuate. She tells him of Mental Omega and the need to destroy it or get off Earth

-At the end of Threat of Dread, Yunru uses her MIDAS to blow up Antartica, destroying much of the defenses and defenders around Mental Omega

-Having more Cyborgs plus the ability to make more Cyborgs and Knightframes allows the Soviets to attack both Moscow and Antartica at the same time!

-Yunru should have recruited some or all of the ROC Rebels during Mission 1. All of her Conscripts are turned into Knightframes. Foehn has Cyborg Vanguards and can turn the sick, old and wounded into Cyborgs (with free will) She has much more forces thanks to Cloning

-In Mission 2, destroying the Psychic Beacon causes some of the freed Chinese to defect to Foehn

-There should be Russian forces in Japan. Some of them are so disillusioned by Soviet infighting that they defect to Foehn in Mission 3. PF and Foehn Cloning Vats pump out more Foehn soldiers

-Destroying a Psychic Beacon in Mission 4 frees some of the Russians whom quickly join Foehn. More Cloning Vats to rapidly build up their forces

-Having Russian, Cyborg and ROC forces as well as extra Chinese forces would help in Missions 5 and 6. Cloning Vats work overtime to mass-produce troops

-Foehn is much more powerful and grows much quicker during the De-Sync

#2360 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 05 November 2021 - 07:40 AM

It's strange that the Allies and Einstein did not suspect the Soviets for Operation Archetype

Assuming Einstein is not a retard (and knows he changed time before), he would have SECRETLY build a SINGLE-USE Time Manchine and entrust it to Siegfried. The Apprentice would only use it WHEN EVERYTHING GOES TO HELL. It will send the ENTIRE Allied Faction back to the start of RA1/WW2!

I assume Siegfried would use the Time-Machine after Beautiful Mind (Only he knows of the Time-Machine) as the nuking of Chicago was a crippling blow to the US and Euro Alliance

From The Gardener briefing :

After the last war, Einstein came to the opinion that meddling with the forces of time and space was dangerous and unethical. Haunted by the ghosts of those who had perished in course of the experiment, Einstein decided before he died to encrypt nearly all the data to the project, and without a mind like his, the project would forever be on hold. But he and his friends knew the forces of freedom may have need of the Chronosphere again.

Also, just because he's competent, doesn't mean the Soviet General was completely pragmatic. Like it or not, everyone had their agenda, and they don't always align with what should've been done. These people are after all, still human. They have their own views, and sometimes, those views will clash with each others.

Allied and Soviet will NEVER help each others due to bad blood between them. Scorpion Cell would NEVER ally with the Allies or Soviet due to seeing them as foreign invaders. Chinese would NEVER help traitors such as Yunru. None of those scenarios would make sense so early in the story.

And again, Cloning Vats has a big moral implications regarding them, and so far only Russians and Latins were able to use them, until Yuri took the technology away and sealed them for good. I cannot see anyone, even Yunru, would use them if only for their utility. Besides, if Yuri could so easily sabotage the one in Spain, there's no telling what catastrophe would occur if he did it again.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users