Photo

MO 3.3 // Side 4 "The Foehn Revolt" - General Discussion

• Please log in to reply
2365 replies to this topic

#2301 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

Hellish.Calculative.Eccentric.Dedicated.

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Projects:Command and Conquer 5:Tiberian Destiny(In incubation stage at present)
  •  PsiCorps Proselyte.A mind is a terrible thing to waste. I like Epsilon Headquarters also.

Posted 02 November 2018 - 02:30 PM

Meyerm is right though. As a game developer myself, and one that communicates with the userbase, if there is one thing I seen as one of the most dangerous way of thinking can be summed up in this sentence: "how dare you insinuate that Speeder and the Mentalmeisters will betray us after all this far".

This sort of thinking is almost bordering on insane. It is basically a subtle blackmailing the developers, almost like a sort of threat that they MUST live up to your expectations, OR ELSE. So yeah. Stop that.

We are all -speculating- about Act 3. We are not 100% sure there will be one, but hey, at least we keep talking, and it's better to have that than an empty forum. (Also what's that bit about World of Warcraft? :V)

(As for MM doing this for free, I still think they should have a Patreon. Said this time and again, I almost WANT to pay for this mod. It's that great and it was that influential even to my own life and career.)

Btw, for a quote, there's this old one, from "Mental Omega News Bulletin #18 - (8/07/2015) - Playthrough!" :

"Work on a completely new side, more missions for Act Two, and new additions to the equipment roster of the vanilla sides takes quite a lot of time and resources. We're always looking for contributors who would like to join us in making this project even bigger. The addition of Side 4 with its own 12-mission campaign is the endgame goal for Mental Omega. We wouldn't like to repeat Westwood and add a side which does not have its own campaign."

Sorry,I never intended to threaten Speeder and his team in the first place.I merely protested that some people would be so uncourteous as to think that.I'm not blackmailing them any way,just that I got a bit too riled when I wrote that.

As for the Patreon-it might not be as good an idea.It could end up in a legal hassle for Speeder and his fellas.After all,they're not exactly supposed to be making money from MO,considering that EA still has the rights to C&C.

Unless EA invites the Mentalmeisters for a reboot of Red Alert 2,like the way Microsoft invited Skybox Labs for a reboot of Age of Empires 2 after seeing their Forgotten Empires mod for AoE2,progress will be slow.(Though I have my doubts as to whether EA would do so,blind fools as they are to genuine talent).It could also make or break the MMs.

Spoiler

"Just die already!"-Libra

#2302 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Projects:Command and Conquer 5:Tiberian Destiny(In incubation stage at present)
  •  PsiCorps Proselyte.A mind is a terrible thing to waste. I like Epsilon Headquarters also.

Posted 02 November 2018 - 02:33 PM

Btw, for a quote, there's this old one, from "Mental Omega News Bulletin #18 - (8/07/2015) - Playthrough!" :

"Work on a completely new side, more missions for Act Two, and new additions to the equipment roster of the vanilla sides takes quite a lot of time and resources. We're always looking for contributors who would like to join us in making this project even bigger. The addition of Side 4 with its own 12-mission campaign is the endgame goal for Mental Omega. We wouldn't like to repeat Westwood and add a side which does not have its own campaign."

Okay that I didn't actually know. Though I wonder if that includes the origins missions or not. A sort of Terminator-esque resistance against a pervasive all powerful new world order in the form of Epsilon would be an exciting campaign to play. Gotta wonder though, since it seems to be implied in unit quotes and descriptions that Foehn is fighting Epsilon many years after Yuri presumably wins in Act 2, would Foehn have all the neat futuristic tech we see and Epsilon would still be using the same equipment?
Epsilon will get new toys as well :shiftee:
Let's hope that Epsilon gets some swanky new stuff in 3.3.6 and onwards(Though it could break the balance.).

#2303 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 02:36 PM

Aw yis! Can't wait for all the new stuff!

Edited by Solais, 02 November 2018 - 02:36 PM.

#2304 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 05:59 PM

Okay that I didn't actually know. Though I wonder if that includes the origins missions or not. A sort of Terminator-esque resistance against a pervasive all powerful new world order in the form of Epsilon would be an exciting campaign to play. Gotta wonder though, since it seems to be implied in unit quotes and descriptions that Foehn is fighting Epsilon many years after Yuri presumably wins in Act 2, would Foehn have all the neat futuristic tech we see and Epsilon would still be using the same equipment?
Epsilon will get new toys as well :shiftee:
Let's hope that Epsilon gets some swanky new stuff in 3.3.6 and onwards(Though it could break the balance.).

Even if it's just campaign stuff, something to show Epsilon's advanced over the years too. I remember hover lasher tanks were a never implemented unit in 2.0.

#2305 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 06:11 PM

I could see some cool hybrid tech, like hover lashers, or some sort Apocalypse Tank that can mind control, or Chrono Squids, or some other crazy shit like that.

#2306 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 07:57 PM

I could see some cool hybrid tech, like hover lashers, or some sort Apocalypse Tank that can mind control, or Chrono Squids, or some other crazy shit like that.

Possibly. At the very least stolen tech from allies and soviets becoming a normal part of the arsenal. It could give some variety, since I'm doubtful Yuri would keep mind controlled allies and soviets continuing to use their arsenals for years later. They'd probably get phased out and integrated into PsiCorps. 

#2307 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 09:48 PM

Maybe Allied and Soviet arsenal using the Epsilon color scheme.

Edited by Solais, 02 November 2018 - 09:49 PM.

#2308 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 02 November 2018 - 10:42 PM

I think Psychic Tesla Troopers would be a great candidate for campaign-exclusives, since Wormqueens were created because of Yuri's interest in tesla technology. 

MedicalInsidiousAfricanelephant-size_res

#2309 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 11:34 PM

Weren't Tesla adepts a stolen tech unit in 2.0? Would be interesting. :p 

Or maybe with Foehn's particular susceptibility to EMP you could have some Epsilon emp weapons. 

#2310 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 12:49 AM

Ummmm.....now there's something to make things really interesting.Fusion tech-I wonder how it would be like.

#2311 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 01:58 AM

Ever put epsilon adepts in a centurion? There's a number of freakishly powerful combinations when you start mixing tech. 

#2312 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 03:52 AM

Ever put epsilon adepts in a centurion? There's a number of freakishly powerful combinations when you start mixing tech.

Or Elites in a Battle Tortoise?Adepts in a Jackal?A Shadray using magnetic levitation?A Mastodon making use of a Chimera Core?A Pteranodon with a Mjolnir Beacon?A Quetzal with EMP projectiles?A Basilisk with a Cryobeam?A Colossus with a Nanoid Cannon?A Dreadnought using a Mercury Uplink Node?A Qilin with a Prism Cannon?A Thor with mini-Nukes?A Charon with a Confusion Ray Emitter?

#2313 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 04 November 2018 - 02:42 PM

Stahp.

You're starting to break the unit's identity

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#2314 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 06:15 PM

Stahp.

You're starting to break the unit's identity

I got carried away.

#2315 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 05:41 AM

Still, it's an idea. Fun thing about campaign exclusives is you don't have to worry about balance. Just have a roided up Epsilon arsenal full of hybrid tech to fight Foehn XD

#2316 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 06:57 AM

Well, we do need to worry about balance a bit, but more in the form of 'let's not make this too frustrating and actually beatable'

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#2317 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 01:30 PM

Well, we do need to worry about balance a bit, but more in the form of 'let's not make this too frustrating and actually beatable'

*Cough* 3.0 Singularity *cough*

#2318 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 01:30 PM

*Cough* 3.0 Singularity *cough*

#2319 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 01:57 PM

Notice how it got nerfed and no one has ever repeated the torture chamber that is Singularity ever again. Not even Lovalmidas.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#2320 OfficialLolicon

OfficialLolicon

I just exist to whine about random stuff

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • Projects:Various mods of various games
  •  Modder

Posted 05 November 2018 - 02:24 PM

Well, save and load exist now... Why not?

Currently playing the Touhou Series

You can use mission units in MO here

Spoiler

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users