• Please log in to reply
2365 replies to this topic

#601 Kirov_Fury

Kirov_Fury
  • Members
  • 203 posts
  •  We need more funding !!!

Posted 08 June 2016 - 01:35 PM

Since the new unit uses howering technology I'm sure that this one has something in common with the Magnetron. My shot would be that this one uses confusion ray instead of ability to immobilize objects.

#602 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 09:34 PM

https://pbs.twimg.co...ADBSZ.jpg:large

Analyze this!

#603 eberronguy

eberronguy
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Projects:The Great Shattering Illusion for Darkest Hour
  •  COFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:04 AM

I think that the turrets shooting the double lasers are deployable tanks like the tick tank, or else that is a weird placement of defense turrets. (Also I am bad with remembering names and stuff, so if these units have been revealed I have probably forgotten them)

The unit in the center with the wider laser seems looks to be a tank with middling armor and a disruptor type weapon. Science must be done to see if the beam will harm friendly units or if the Foehn Revolt have corrected this flaw.

There is that flying halo thing will balls on it but I cannot tell if it is on the ground and is coming from the building, or if the halo balls thing floats and it has a beam pointing at the building. Purpose unknown.

Tower in lower left bears resemblance to Allied gap generator. Possibly reversed engineered, current function unknown.

Target being shot at: Tyrannosaurus Rekt.

SPREAD THE DESTRUC-I MEAN THE LOVE!!!

#604 Schottkey 7th Path

Schottkey 7th Path
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:38 AM

Those turrets looks like a deployed Colossus tank. but looks like it's supposed to hover for mobility. maybe It's "lasers" are not actually lasers at all. but firing nanofiber harpoons to eviscerate the target?  :ph34r:

A Foehn War Factory with some kind of buggy leaving it? a some veteran Kingsframe. some Jackal Racers some not-Gap Generators (It's a confusion ray tower. called it!) a vehicle that appears to be the Haihead's Irritator. alongside a wrench'd vehicle with a wide teal beam. the red ring shaped object might actually be some kind of anti-air defence. and that the thing directly above it is the windbelt generator corner

A faint circle appears on the ground an an unidentified unit in the center. this is likely the Foehns' primary repair unit

Finally the money numbers is my guess for the Foenn ecobooster building function. you get money for kills when it's built.

Also that buggy emerging from that building (war factory?), seems to be the source of the red laser. are the spheres and the buggy are part of an attack? like the Buggy is a "mothership" vehicle like the Hailstorm/Ghenna platforms.

Or: the buggy and the spheres are unrelated and it is the thing getting blown up that is the "mothership". the red X around the spheres looks like a debuff effect and the buggy is an anti air debuffer like the Oxidizer.

Edited by Schottkey 7th Path, 13 June 2016 - 07:08 AM.

>>>>>>>> Unoffical compliation of upcoming features for the next MO Release https://forums.revor...-see/?p=1033314 <<<<<<<<

#605 Com.Davanov

Com.Davanov
  • Members
  • 97 posts
  •  That guy who gets angry when you consider killing his fav char.

Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:48 AM

Confusing.

#606 Damfoos

Damfoos

When world domination haven't cured the emptiness inside

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:51 AM

There's one thing you both missed - the Foehn hero unit (by the presense of Irritator I guess a Haihead one) marked by a skull icon and obscured by one of these big turrets. The center of that barely visible green field seems to match this unit's position. Could be some sort of passive support or offensive ability, though the former suggests some additional buff indicators being AttachAffect'd to units nearby, while I don't see any. Except for the sonic turret which Schottkey called a vehicle. This turret was showcased on that "4 sides of MO" screenshot. One idea may be, though, that the green aura buffs sonic weapons nearby, since there's an additional animation attached to said turret, while the turret itself is within the aura.

The shape of big turrets' foundation does suggest deploying, furthermore, one of the turrets is marked with a red indicator (the one which appears when a unit is obscured by a building), AFAIK buildings never get this indicator and only units can. So most likely these turrets can deploy and undeploy to change their position, like the Windbelt.  

The red ring-shaped things on the ground can be some kind of barrier (since we can't see if they are alone or connected to something), but they look too complicated for a part of a wall, I think it is AA defence, like the SAM silo Nod has in Twisted Insurrection.

What confuses me the most is the thing with 3 floating balls which looks like a cursor. The confusing thing here is: if it is a support power/superweapon cursor, why there's a red line drawn straight to it? AFAIK the engine doesn't draw lines following your cursor position, and if it is a laser strike from some building, the beam would appear only after you use the respective ability (fire the superweapon) by clicking on target, so the cursor would be gone. It also looks like the red laser comes straight from that black jeep/buggy, but only superweapons can have custom attack cursors, can't they? So it remains unknown how the beam and the 3-balls cursor (maybe not a cursor?) are related.

And yeah, there we can see the Bounty system working, however, it is not clear from which unit the +$125 string comes from, since those are usually spawned above the unit which gets the bounty award.

The Gap Generator -like tower can be anything really, from T2 defence (equivalent of Prim Tower, Tesla Coil etc.) to support structure with whatever function possible. Though there's the Spinblade tower already, so I guess it would be a feature bloat to have 2 similar buildings with similar function (buff applier).

The overall style of buildings reminds me of Terran... black Terran :D

Edited by Damfoos, 14 June 2016 - 10:49 AM.

#607 Schottkey 7th Path

Schottkey 7th Path
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 12:27 PM

Now i thought the three spheres in that screenshot look familiar. looked at the videos and they are part of an air unit. http://www.moddb.com...railer#imagebox at 0:38 likely that is the "mothership" for the spheres. later at 0:58 the same unit seeming to be summoning meteor like objects. and using a different explosion effect i don't remember seeing in this build.

Also yeah, that Sonic vehicle is actually a turret because of the square foundation.

Also some prediction: at least One of Foehn subfactions gets a Shatterer like unit that fires a piercing sonic wave blast since they seem so into Sonic weaponary. i mean it exists for the Lancer, makes sense to scale it up and put it on a vehicle, right?

Also the vehicle that appears to be the Ore Miner http://media.moddb.c..._sides_2016.png is pretty small looking. so i predict it's function is that is the fastest of all Ore Miners but the smallest capacity. it uses windspin speed boosts of course. however the unit in front of it looks like a tank but no visible armaments. assuming the two are related maybe it uses slave miner logic in that it uses a "mothership" system to collect and deposit ore?

or maybe that "tank" is the ore miner and the thing on the refinery is just an animation?

>>>>>>>> Unoffical compliation of upcoming features for the next MO Release https://forums.revor...-see/?p=1033314 <<<<<<<<

#608 Kirov_Fury

Kirov_Fury
  • Members
  • 203 posts
  •  We need more funding !!!

Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:56 PM

@Damfoos, that gap-generator like tower may be the Megaarena Projector, which enables Megalodons to get the Megaarena effect(+ attack/speed/armour boost).

#609 MusketMarine

MusketMarine

Professional MCV Hijacker

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Projects:Cerebral Cascade, Hidden Allegiances
  •  LibraPsiCucks

Posted 16 June 2016 - 06:20 AM

I honestly think the new faction should be the final breath of the Atlantians, as they're the Atlantian robots that were reawakened by the activation of the psychic dominators.

(And these Robots were named the Foehn.)

One clambered ashore on Australia, and an Australian (that was drunk), thought it was an Alligator and hit it. That's when the Foehn got mad at Humanity.

Cue RA3 Intro with Foehn instead of Japanese, Australians instead of Russians, and Australia instead of Russia.

The Foehn would make their advance northwards to expand their empire, whilst assimilating the Australian Offensive into their ranks. (I hope their unit voice accents will reflect this)

I hope one of their commandos is named "Skyregade" :D

Edited by MusketMarine, 16 June 2016 - 06:29 AM.

#610 Oktavia

Oktavia
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 10:51 PM

I honestly think the new faction should be the final breath of the Atlantians, as they're the Atlantian robots that were reawakened by the activation of the psychic dominators.

One clambered ashore on Australia, and an Australian (that was drunk), thought it was an Alligator and hit it. That's when the Foehn got mad at Humanity.

Cue RA3 Intro with Foehn instead of Japanese, Australians instead of Russians, and Australia instead of Russia.

The Foehn would make their advance northwards to expand their empire, whilst assimilating the Australian Offensive into their ranks. (I hope their unit voice accents will reflect this)

Did you even watch the campaign playthrough? Foehn is the collab between Kanegawa Industries and some unnamed chinese people. Foehn "awoken" long after Soviets and Allies got wrecked.

#611 Schottkey 7th Path

Schottkey 7th Path
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:37 PM

Did you even watch the campaign playthrough? Foehn is the collab between Kanegawa Industries and some unnamed chinese people. Foehn "awoken" long after Soviets and Allies got wrecked.

Source on that? i expect that KI+China collaboration to form atleast one of Foehn's branches. for all we know Haihead may have evolved from a survived SteinsTech branch in Finland (winter war II lol)

Edited by Schottkey 7th Path, 17 June 2016 - 11:38 PM.

#612 MusketMarine

MusketMarine

Professional MCV Hijacker

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Projects:Cerebral Cascade, Hidden Allegiances
  •  LibraPsiCucks

Posted 18 June 2016 - 12:46 AM

I'm actually very lazy, and the Campaign doesn't help my laziness at all.

One day i'll play it...

#613 Bernadiroe

Bernadiroe

Pepperoni

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 06:12 AM

Thus watching it is more fitting for you then, right? If you don't want to watch the gameplay, just read the description under the official Mental Omega videos on youtube to get the big picture of what's going on :)

#614 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 06:15 AM

That's Wings Of Coronia. Last Bastion are definitely Americans. Haihead would probably be surviving european allied troops or maybe a new local resistance movement.

You don't need to watch the playthrough, just read the news in the update posts.

Edited by X1Destroy, 18 June 2016 - 06:17 AM.

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#615 GuardianTempest

GuardianTempest
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 07:07 AM

Lurker here, I signed up JUST to contribute to the discussion.

I tracked down the origins of Haihead's Megalodon and apparently it came from the Reign of Steel mod, specifically from the Consortium faction—a collective of runaway scientists who hid in a massive bunker underneath the Pacific Ocean. So yeah, that's my guess on who HaiHead are and where they live.

Also thinking that the Last Bastion is also composed of ex-Soviet renegades. The faction's location looks like it's perched at the very tip between Alaska and Russia.

#616 Damfoos

Damfoos

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:38 AM

I wonder if Foehn gets the ability to instantly capture ("hack") enemy buildings, like Yuri could in the original game. After all, this feature doesnt belong to Epsilon anymore and it did exist in 2.0 in form of Chinese hacking vehicles, so giving it to a non-Yuri faction is not a problem design-wise. I doubt such a feature would be left unused, especially considering that some unique Foehn features (like sonic weapons and chaos tech) did belong to vanilla factions before.

Edited by Damfoos, 20 June 2016 - 06:59 AM.

#617 Bernadiroe

Bernadiroe

Pepperoni

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 09:32 AM

Considering that Foehn is hi-tech, they probably can capture enemy buildings. But maybe with a support power with 3 min cooldown and some restrictions/limits (ConYard, WF, Barracks...)?

Unless their campaign is already finished and cannot be changed anymore, it could lead to an interesting campaign focusing in capturing enemy buildings (the method itself is nothing more than ranged-engineer but probably for lore/background story element) with different way compared to other factions in the campaign.

Or if the devs are too worry for it being OP, make it campaign-exclusive? xD

#618 Damfoos

Damfoos

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:48 AM

I've recently discovered the Red Resurrection mod and it has some similarities with MO, especially with the coming BR2 version. Things like soviet battle bunker available trough support power, special insignias for heroes and engineers, MCV technology stealing, ability to reverse engineering enemy infantry (for Soviets). Allies in that mod have a defence structure called "Sentinel nest", spawned from a special power, this structure is a drone launcher, basically a ground-based Aircraft Carrier. What's interesting, it looks quite similar to that red ring-shaped structure on Foehn screenshot. So if some idea sharing or inspiration from each other exists between these two mods, I thought this Foehn structure could be a spawner as well, since it also has a pit and there were no land/air based Carriers in MO yet, while this feature is too interesting to ignore.

#619 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:59 AM

That thing is indeed their anti-aircraft defense which spawns a little drone. It's the most expensive of all Barracks-based AA defenses.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#620 Com.Davanov

Com.Davanov
  • Members
  • 97 posts
  •  That guy who gets angry when you consider killing his fav char.

Posted 23 June 2016 - 12:31 PM

I see.. That usually means it holds some distinct advantage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users