-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:52 PM

In your downloads directory?

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#442 Caestille

Caestille
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 11:51 AM

Heya, do you have to mount with a program like daemon tools? I just mounted with the system UI (right click ----> Mount) and installation seemed to go fine, but when I try to run BFME I (not tried the others yet), I see the BFME loading screen before the game starts and then get an 'exception access violation' error and the game doesn't launch beyond that. Any ideas? Should I uninstall and try again but mount with an external program?

#443 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:04 AM

https://forums.revor...tion-read-this/

Read this

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#444 danijel007

danijel007
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 09:00 PM

hi all,

i instaled the game on my win 10 laptop no prob, and now i want to install it on my brothers pc which has win xp. I installed the game.

But now when i start the all in one 1.06 patcher it just gives me "error ocured in the secure chanel suport" just as the download comes close to end. are the launcher and patcher even supported on xp?

P.S. nevermind solved it by ignoring the AIO package and installing the launcher and all updates(1.03 to 05 and 06) all separately

Edited by danijel007, 28 April 2018 - 09:53 PM.

#445 italquam21

italquam21
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 03:48 PM

I am trying to downliad the games and i am getting this message

Not Found

The requested URL /assets/bfme_downloads/bfme1/bfme1.iso was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

#446 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:20 PM

Try downloading the disk from the mirror download.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#447 Boop878

Boop878
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:57 PM

hi, 

I followed the instructions and the instalment worked. But The playing without cd part didn't. Downloaded the image.I extracted the doc with  Rarzilla free Unrar, but when trying to mount Rotwk-maxi_TheSmokingMan but it says something like  "Users/windows7/downloads/Rotwki-maxi-ThesmokingMan....mdf. is not a legit appliance"  (paraphrasing)

Any idea what to do to be able to play without cd? 

Edited by Boop878, 13 May 2018 - 08:47 PM.

#448 Boop878

Boop878
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 08:51 PM

copied and replaced the game.dat in the directory and now this appears. Any idea how to fix? 

Attached Thumbnails

• error.png

Edited by Boop878, 13 May 2018 - 08:56 PM.

#449 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:01 PM

You haven't installed the game correctly, I think you should uninstall and try again.

#450 Boop878

Boop878
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:26 AM

I think I know what went wrong, I replace the game.dat from rotwk with the new

one from bfme2. Where can I find the new game.dat for rotwk? In the first post there only seems to be the one for bfme2

#451 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 14 May 2018 - 11:31 AM

I think the 2.02 patch comes with one.

#452 Boop878

Boop878
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 12:37 PM

Are there any alternative ways? I heard the 2.02 messes up a lot of mods

#453 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:00 PM

2.02 is needed for The Age of the Ring mod. But if you need 2.01 you can get the minidisk provided in the instructions above.

#454 Boop878

Boop878
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 05:17 PM

Are you talking about that Mini-Image? I tried to use it, but there were problems, so I was hoping that there would be a way to download the new rotwk game.dat without having to dowload 2.02 (cause Edain and other mods I'd like to try are said to be non-compatible. 

#455 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:16 PM

You are going to have to use the mini-image.

#456 Boop878

Boop878
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:47 PM

I've extracted the files and mounted one of them, but the game still insists on inserting a disc

#457 mrmiagi

mrmiagi
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 09:41 PM

I've extracted the files and mounted one of them, but the game still insists on inserting a disc

Hey Boop878, you're not crazy. I had all the same problems. 
I wished to install Edain mod with 2.01. The mdf mini-disk image DOES work. That is not the problem.
Your problem is probably that you are trying to start the game with Edain's "play" button. Switch the mod on, then start the game with the original shortcut on your desktop. I don't know why this made the difference for me but it did.
If it still doesn'y work, make sure both the mini disk files are in the same folder when you launch it. Also, you only need the mini disk image running, no others.
hope this  helps. I made an account just to share my findings since the rest of this community helped me out so much.
Cheers

#458 Woad

Woad
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 01:58 AM

I am having problems changing my game dat for the one that allows me to play without a cd i found the game dat but it wont let me do anything to it except copy it

#459 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 06 June 2018 - 11:56 AM

Which game? The latest patches for BfME1 and RotWK (I don't know about BfME2) come with no-cd.

#460 FireDrakeZ

FireDrakeZ
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 02:55 PM

Hello. I just signed and am trying to add BfME2 and BfME2 Witch King downloaded and installed using the site instructions here:    https://t3aonline.net/download/

However it is asking me for a valid CD key to validate the installation. Do you guys have a CD key I can use?

I don't need one for BfME1 because I own the actual disc but it is now prohibitively expensive or impossible  to get discs or keys for the other 2 games in this abandoned series.  I need a key though. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by FireDrakeZ, 10 June 2018 - 02:57 PM.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users