• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:15 AM

I can PM you.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#542 arthur8716

arthur8716
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 04:41 PM

I followed these instructions but the game doesnt run

It always tells me that it cannot locate the DVD-ROM and that i have to insert the correct DVD ROM

Both edition got the same probleme 

Edited by arthur8716, 15 January 2019 - 04:56 PM.

#543 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 16 January 2019 - 02:50 AM

This should not be happening if you install the latest version of the game. The latest version (BfME 1 v1.06, BfME 2 v1.09 and RotWK v2.02) has a no-cd patch and does not require a disk to be insterted while playing the game.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#544 arthur8716

arthur8716
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:29 AM

I´ve downloaded the "The original unmodified version. Main" and also installed this version and i have the same problem for both versions

#545 Danyy

Danyy
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 08:22 PM

This should not be happening if you install the latest version of the game. The latest version (BfME 1 v1.06, BfME 2 v1.09 and RotWK v2.02) has a no-cd patch and does not require a disk to be insterted while playing the game.

Hey man, I followed the new PDF you made a few pages ago. Did all the needed installs, mounted the installation etc, it shows as a mounted DVD drive as well. But whenever I try to start it it keeps giving the no-cd or no-dvd error.

FYI this happens with all the patches, 1.00, 1.06, 1.09. I have tried them all, did a reinstall like 5 times already but I can't seem to locate the mistake.

#546 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 17 January 2019 - 09:55 PM

By the way, the front page installation guide has been updated. The pdf posted was a draft for it.

#547 ajneseri

ajneseri
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 08:27 AM

BFME 2 -    I have 1.09 installed and I get the "Cannot locate the CD-ROM" error, please help. I have windows 10

Edited by ajneseri, 20 January 2019 - 08:28 AM.

#548 PtiThoms

PtiThoms
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:05 PM

BFME 2 -    I have 1.09 installed and I get the "Cannot locate the CD-ROM" error, please help. I have windows 10

I comfirm, i have installed 3 games and BFME 2 didn't work on my PC and on PC on my friends, so i have downloaded this "http://www.mediafire...accgp5/game.dat" (It's only for BFME 2 put in File of the game) after the game work, but you can play only with people (Online) who have same Game.dat so plz can your fix you no-CD ? 

Love your work Ty =)

Edit: BFME 2 can crach with this game.dat so i will play BFME2E waiting for update

Edited by PtiThoms, 20 January 2019 - 04:21 PM.

#549 sylarius

sylarius
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 02:23 AM

Thanks for the update on the original post.  Just clarifying, patch v1.09 for BFME2 does not contain a no-cd fix, right?  I thought I was doing something wrong, until I noticed the edit today.  I was able to get it running by the other means.

#550 Spectre13

Spectre13
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 03:23 AM

so i downloaded the file for BFME2 but when i try to start the autorun.exe, the installer crashes and tells me it cannot find the following file: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\Power2Go\AutoRunGUI.DLL".
the thing is when i extract the autorun and the autorungui.dll it starts the process but immediatly demands a cd, which makes sense, since it's not via the virtual drive

Edited by Spectre13, 23 January 2019 - 03:36 AM.

#551 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:14 AM

Thanks for the update on the original post.  Just clarifying, patch v1.09 for BFME2 does not contain a no-cd fix, right?  I thought I was doing something wrong, until I noticed the edit today.  I was able to get it running by the other means.

It isn't provided by the v1.09 installer, but it is provided by the v1.09 team.

#552 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:16 AM

so i downloaded the file for BFME2 but when i try to start the autorun.exe, the installer crashes and tells me it cannot find the following file: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\Power2Go\AutoRunGUI.DLL".
the thing is when i extract the autorun and the autorungui.dll it starts the process but immediatly demands a cd, which makes sense, since it's not via the virtual drive

I don't know what this issue could be. My best guess is that it is an issue with your computer. Is the autorun.exe trying to run with a special Lenovo autorun program or feature?

#553 Spectre13

Spectre13
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:39 AM

i just hit that .exe with a normal double click, otherwise theres nothing that i know of, i never had anything like that, allthough i don't use virtual drives normally, so maybe it's connected to that

#554 Spectre13

Spectre13
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:40 AM

is there a way to extract the files into a different drive maybe?

#555 Spectre13

Spectre13
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 06:54 AM

It's exactly the same with the rotwk one, so it's not like the gui.dll file got corrupted during the download

#556 ktaylor7

ktaylor7
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 04:11 AM

hey guys, thanks for the thread,

having an issue with managing to get the game to run, currently getting the error insert cd rom when i start the game launcher.

as far as i can see i am doing everything in the guide in order.

the only problem i can think of is the part with the- 

• To play BfME 2 without a disk use this game.dat file.

i download and open the file, seems just to be a file that will play images on a media player

any help would be appreciated

#557 ktaylor7

ktaylor7
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 04:12 AM

hey i had the same issue when trying this, what you need to do is go into your "my files" on the computer and run the disc file 

then go into the file and select autorun

#558 Spectre13

Spectre13
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:16 AM

hey i had the same issue when trying this, what you need to do is go into your "my files" on the computer and run the disc file 

then go into the file and select autorun

thx for the response, I don't really know what you mean by "my files" since my pc is not set up in english, i assume you mean that i should start the "tBfMe_II.iso" via a different datapath/copy the ".iso" into another directory?
right now i have the .iso in a folder within the program files(x86) on my D:\ drive

Edited by Spectre13, 24 January 2019 - 07:46 AM.

#559 Spectre13

Spectre13
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:51 AM

nvm, i got it myself, via right mouse button "open with - explorer"

#560 Spectre13

Spectre13
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 08:51 AM

what's the best way to play edain mod without the cd, i think edain doesnt work with patch 2.02 but thats the one with the no cd fix. is there a game.dat file for rotwk or can i use the same one that works for bfme2?

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users