[BFME1/BFME2/ROTWK] Games Download & Installation Guide

• Please log in to reply
901 replies to this topic

#821 WaffleWizard314

WaffleWizard314
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2022 - 06:48 PM

i have downloaded the game and run the install, then added the patch, and added the file to run with out a cd but every time i try to load the game it pulls up this image then crashes with no error report, i checked and i have it set to run on the Geforce graphics card not the intel intigrated, does anyone know what might be the problem or a potential solution? i havent a computer with a cd drive anymore so this is my only option if i want to play these amazing games again :( 

Screenshot (1).png

#822 Old School BFME Fan

Old School BFME Fan
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2022 - 12:48 AM

Hey Guys,

Thanks so much for creating this download option and building out this installation guide. This was perhaps my favorite computer game growing up and I'm so excited to see that you have provided a way of playing it. I am a total rookie when it comes to nontraditional downloads like this, and, given my lack of experience, I am not surprised that I am running into an issue. I downloaded the "original unmodified version" like you instructed in step 1 and have opened tbfme.iso. But when I get to step 3 and try launch "Autorun.exe" I get pop up window with the follow error: "Unable to locate required file or required file is corrupted. c:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Power2Go8\AutoRunGUI.DLL".

Any ideas around how to get past this? Would be great to find a way to play the game. I just rewatched the extended edition of all three movies and I'm dying to play haha.

Thank you!

#823 xxxaziral

xxxaziral
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 April 2022 - 08:41 AM

Hello,

I wanted to say thank you for supporting these legendary games , these games relies on us to pass them for the next generation. until new companies rise and make us great RTS games again.

#824 xxxaziral

xxxaziral
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 April 2022 - 08:43 AM

Hey Guys,

Thanks so much for creating this download option and building out this installation guide. This was perhaps my favorite computer game growing up and I'm so excited to see that you have provided a way of playing it. I am a total rookie when it comes to nontraditional downloads like this, and, given my lack of experience, I am not surprised that I am running into an issue. I downloaded the "original unmodified version" like you instructed in step 1 and have opened tbfme.iso. But when I get to step 3 and try launch "Autorun.exe" I get pop up window with the follow error: "Unable to locate required file or required file is corrupted. c:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Power2Go8\AutoRunGUI.DLL".

Any ideas around how to get past this? Would be great to find a way to play the game. I just rewatched the extended edition of all three movies and I'm dying to play haha.

Thank you!

Disable ANtivirus and disable windows real time protection or these will delete some installation files. 

#825 xxxaziral

xxxaziral
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 April 2022 - 08:47 AM

i have downloaded the game and run the install, then added the patch, and added the file to run with out a cd but every time i try to load the game it pulls up this image then crashes with no error report, i checked and i have it set to run on the Geforce graphics card not the intel intigrated, does anyone know what might be the problem or a potential solution? i havent a computer with a cd drive anymore so this is my only option if i want to play these amazing games again :( 

attachicon.gif Screenshot (1).png

I had this problem although I don't remember clearly how I fixed It, so on the bright side It's fixable , try to right click the shortcut and go to properties and then another window pops up Look for compatibility and there you can find different setting try to change windows to older windows support and in the bottom try to change game display options.

#826 JakaCourage

JakaCourage
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2022 - 12:43 PM

Hi all, 

I have taken some time to parse the different forums and have put together my own step-by-step installation and Edain-AgeOfTheRing switching instructions. Sharing here in case anyone needs them:

It seems like I need a better computer to properly play BfME 2 and its official and unofficial expansions.

Worthwhile Modes
RotWK 2.02v8.04
Edain 4.5
AotR 7.2
(BfME2 no HD)

1) Download 

a) BfME 2
• ai) BfME 2 Patch 1.06

b) RotWK
• bi) Download the Rise of the Witch-king v2.01 Patch in your language.
• bii) Download the Rise of the Witch King Patch 2.02 v8.0.0
• biii) Download the Rise of the Witch King Patch 2.02 v8.4.0
• bx) Download the game.dat to play 2.1 (required for Edain) without CD
• bxi) or Download WinZip to unzip the rar-file

c) Edain 4.5
• ci) Edain Switcher

d) AotR 7.3.1

e) Startup Fixer by Turin Turambar

f) DVD Mounter

z-Bonus: If you want to play BfME2 (no HD) 
• 1zi) Download the Battle for Middle-earth II Patch 1.09
• 1zii) to play without CD 

2) Install
all in reasonable order
for main game verification use this key-gen

3) Instructions for switching

- for switching to AotR from Edain 
1) disable edain mod in edain switcher
2) COPY original (no cd fix) game.dat file into the game folder (click replace) 
3a) install 2.02 + 3b) install 2.02 update 
4) open switcher + select 2.02v8.01.txt

- for switching to Edain from AotR

1a) switch 2.02 switcher to 2.01 1b) set music to min 
2) COPY game.dat file that does not require cd into the game folder (click replace)
3) enable edain mod

If both of these are properly executed you can play RotWK in both modes

z-Bonus:
After playing BfME 2 switch back to 1.06.

---
Other potential worthwhile modes not documented or tried:
- BfME 1 HD
- BfME 2 HD

That's all, have fun!

#827 FalkNehmIch

FalkNehmIch
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2022 - 03:57 PM

Hello Guys,
we installed the game RotWK like described in the youtubevideo. The game works we can play the singleplayer mode. The Problem is the multiplayer mode isn't working despite we installed T3A-Online. But if we try to launch with T3A-Online there appears an Error: "unable to launch" - we have no Idea what we did wrong.
We already tried the solution of changing firewalloptions in the Options.ini. Any more Ideas how to fix it?

#828 Jaarbeurs

Jaarbeurs
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2022 - 05:12 PM

Hi guys,

since the last days ,i `ve a problem when i start ROTWK. 
I reinstalled it and it don`t work.

https://pic-hoster.n...twk-error.h5phd

thx for your help

FIXED!!!!!

Edited by Jaarbeurs, 08 May 2022 - 02:45 PM.

#829 Backattack32

Backattack32
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 May 2022 - 11:47 PM

I can't get the Campaigns or War of the ring to work on BFMEII, Skirmish works fine though. appreciate any and all help thank you!

#830 cynthethic

cynthethic
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2022 - 03:55 PM

anyone else get the issue while trying to install that w3d.big wouldnt copy and cant install further

#831 memotm

memotm
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 09:44 AM

Hi guys,

thx for your help

FIXED!!!!!

Hey Buddy, how did you fixed it? I have the same issue. Also my heroes are not appearing fully defined in the game (with black pixels). Any help  very appreciated

#832 ENBO

ENBO
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2022 - 04:33 AM

Hi,

I am getting the exact same error. Does anyone know how to fix this?

#833 ENBO

ENBO
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2022 - 04:34 AM

Hi guys,

thx for your help

FIXED!!!!!

Hey Buddy, how did you fixed it? I have the same issue. Also my heroes are not appearing fully defined in the game (with black pixels). Any help  very appreciated

repost since I forgot to quote. I am getting the same error. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Fixed: If you get this error you have to use the patch switcher for the base game and switch it back to 1.00

Edited by ENBO, 17 August 2022 - 12:05 AM.

#834 Jepalaudsadsin

Jepalaudsadsin
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 August 2022 - 09:13 PM

Hello, I am trying to play BFME and I cannot get the patch link to work. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

#835 Quanchitotup

Quanchitotup
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 August 2022 - 07:08 AM

Problem with opening BFME.
How can i add foto in here with my error?

Edited by Quanchitotup, 31 August 2022 - 07:12 AM.

#836 Quanchitotup

Quanchitotup
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Problem with opening BFME

#837 Quanchitotup

Quanchitotup
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Problem with opening BFME

#838 Coffee_Freak_00

Coffee_Freak_00
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 September 2022 - 11:09 AM

Hi all,

I am posting the following question referencing the instructions in the initial guide post from April, 2016.

Re: Battle for Middle-earth II

The guide points to downloading Patch 1.09 (Patch 1.09 includes widescreen fix.).

However, the current link to Patch 1.09 leads to a page with a 502 error.

Q: Does anyone happen to have a local copy of this patch to upload?

Thank you in advance for your support.

Kind regards,

#839 DracoSafarius

DracoSafarius
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 07:08 AM

Anybody get the issue of trying to install RotWK (correct patch version of 1.06) but it just doesn't detect BfME II? Can't figure out why it won't detect it

#840 Angmar009

Angmar009
  • T3A Staff
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 02:21 AM

Anybody get the issue of trying to install RotWK (correct patch version of 1.06) but it just doesn't detect BfME II? Can't figure out why it won't detect it

I would recommend trying to reinstall bfme2, as something seems messed up with your registry. If the problem persists, try joining the discord server linked in the installation guide.

They don't care if support needs help until support decides they don't want to help anymore.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users