Photo

MO3.3 SUPPORT // Game or Client Crashes & Launch Issues Megathread

Best Answer Speeder, 05 April 2024 - 11:38 AM

news_commonissues.png

This is a list of the most common technical issues that users might encounter trying to play Mental Omega, including using it with Steam/EA App.

The Steam/EA App test fix can be downloaded from our Discord's #support_solutions section for now.

Solutions to these problems on:
- Discord: https://mentalomega.com/discord
(support_solutions & support channels)
Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1430 replies to this topic

#861 AlexB

AlexB
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  • Projects:Ares, Arda, ...
  •  Your ad here!

Posted 18 March 2018 - 07:39 PM

I don't know why, but the game felt inclined to read everything up to Waypoint240162, where it finally crashed.

#862 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:34 AM

I don't know why, but the game felt inclined to read everything up to Waypoint240162, where it finally crashed.

Can't even find such a waypoint in fnobody.map, please double check

Edited by PACER, 19 March 2018 - 03:35 AM.

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#863 SkywolfGTR

SkywolfGTR
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:10 AM

When I start a skirmish match, it will launch just fine, but then the "Main executable" for Yuri's Revenge will stop working. Everything is running in XP Sp3 and as an administrator that needs to be set to those parameters. Any idea what is wrong?

Update: This "event" is only triggered so far if I use the mouse to scroll downwards across the map. If I use the keyboard arrows, everything works fine and I can play as normal.

#864 sgfan206

sgfan206
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 06:05 PM

Hello there!

First off, I absolutely love your mod! Up to MO 2.0, I played it for hundreds of hours. But since the save / load mechanism was no longer working, I just couldn't get the missions done - and waited paitently for the function to work again.

As you can imagine, I freaked out upon hearing that with MO 3.3.3, the save / load mechanism would work again - so I played it as soon as I found my old TFD disc!

First mission, mental difficulty - had difficulties first, was later able to do it. I saved a lot of time (no pun intended) by loading saves once I screwed up. But there, first problems arose with the function - via the mod client, I couldn't load a save without the game crashing, telling that a fatal error has occured.

I somehow could bypass this, but now on the 2nd mission, I simply can't continue from the save I made - for a quite strange reason. So far, it worked by starting a new campaign mission and then loading a save. Well, it does work, kinda. It loads just fine. But as soon as I move the cursor off the UI, the game crashes. Best part, I can even move my units via radar map and scroll around, but as soon as the cursor enters the battlefield, it crashes.

Here's the debug log:

Spoiler

I hope that some of you guys can help me figuring out just what the heck is wrong here. It definitely has something to do with the cursor, but I have no idea what exactly.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Regards,

sgfan206

Edited by sgfan206, 19 March 2018 - 06:07 PM.

#865 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 19 March 2018 - 06:27 PM

We'd appreciate syringe.log more. That's where the crash info is.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#866 sgfan206

sgfan206
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 06:51 PM

Alright, here's the Syringe log:

Spoiler

Edited by sgfan206, 19 March 2018 - 06:52 PM.

#867 Ravenholme

Ravenholme
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 03:24 AM

Had a crash at the end of Insomnia, just before the debriefing.

Syringe log as in the spoilers

Spoiler

#868 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:54 PM

On my old, crappy notebook, that runs Windows XP 32 bit SP3, the map editor keeps crashing almost every time I try to place or move a building. IDK whether or not it's a known compatibility issue.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#869 costin88boss

costin88boss
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:01 PM

i have this plroblem::::

when i try to start a game (online or skirmish)

it appear a error (game doesn't close)

error:

syringe 0.7.2.0 (title)

could not load executable.

the system cannot find the file specified

i have the syringe exe.... but :(

#870 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:57 PM

You have syringe.exe, but do you have gamemd.exe?

On my old, crappy notebook, that runs Windows XP 32 bit SP3, the map editor keeps crashing almost every time I try to place or move a building. IDK whether or not it's a known compatibility issue.

Try running as admin? I kinda forgot if XP gives any option for that

Edited by Handepsilon, 22 March 2018 - 03:58 PM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#871 J00B

J00B
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 12:58 PM

Fatal error crash occured while playing FO#3 - Tainted Empire

except.txt: http://www.filedropper.com/except_1

syringe.log: http://www.filedropper.com/syringe

Are these the correct files to upload?

#872 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:19 PM

Hello there!

First off, I absolutely love your mod! Up to MO 2.0, I played it for hundreds of hours. But since the save / load mechanism was no longer working, I just couldn't get the missions done - and waited paitently for the function to work again.

As you can imagine, I freaked out upon hearing that with MO 3.3.3, the save / load mechanism would work again - so I played it as soon as I found my old TFD disc!

First mission, mental difficulty - had difficulties first, was later able to do it. I saved a lot of time (no pun intended) by loading saves once I screwed up. But there, first problems arose with the function - via the mod client, I couldn't load a save without the game crashing, telling that a fatal error has occured.

I somehow could bypass this, but now on the 2nd mission, I simply can't continue from the save I made - for a quite strange reason. So far, it worked by starting a new campaign mission and then loading a save. Well, it does work, kinda. It loads just fine. But as soon as I move the cursor off the UI, the game crashes. Best part, I can even move my units via radar map and scroll around, but as soon as the cursor enters the battlefield, it crashes.

Here's the debug log:

Spoiler

I hope that some of you guys can help me figuring out just what the heck is wrong here. It definitely has something to do with the cursor, but I have no idea what exactly.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Regards,

sgfan206

I have the same problem. Have a few snapshots of it: https://dropfile.to/LhwRz8n

Please, if you see a mistake in my posts - spelling, grammar, punctuation, or whatever else - point it out. How can one learn from mistakes, if one is not corrected?
There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

#873 AlexB

AlexB
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  •  Your ad here!

Posted 23 March 2018 - 08:48 PM

However a short while after any game starts, the game will freeze. Running the game on Windows 10, by the way.

VBB crash.

You can see the value 3AA22 (240162) as well as the name "Waypoint240162" on the stack.

Alright, here's the Syringe log:

Not sure why it happened, but apparently there was a problem with the foundation of an object that was about to be placed. Either the foundation had a problem, or the thing to be placed was somehow removed from the game without resetting the foundation used for mouse cursor.

Had a crash at the end of Insomnia, just before the debriefing.

VBB crash.

Fatal error crash occured while playing FO#3 - Tainted Empire
[...]
Are these the correct files to upload?

A stale pointer of a flying unit. I've seen this crash before, but couldn't yet pinpoint the reason. From the except I can't even say what unit type it is (though even with the huge crash dump file it's difficult, because stale pointer means the memory is usually reused and thus already overwritten with something else). Usually the except.txt and syringe.log are the fastest way to investigate most crashes.

Generally:
I've investigated issues that turned out to be VBB crashes several times over the recent days to several people -- most likely due to the release of 3.3.3. It is the crash erratically attributed to VideoBackBuffer, because that's a recognizable address on the stack (0x006BC0DC), though that's not where it happens and it's an irrelevant detail anyhow as it hasn't got anything to do with the VBB setting itself.
It is the cncnet5.dll. I neither work on that dll nor do I have its source code, so I cannot properly fix this.

#874 BearChild

BearChild
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 01:34 PM

Put your logs in spoiler tags next time.

It's a singleplayer mission, why would it need that?

Thank you for your reply. I will put  logs in spoiler tags next time.

I wonder if other players meet the same issue?

In fact, my hardware is old. So my video card may have problems in drawing objects.

#875 AlexB

AlexB
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  •  Your ad here!

Posted 24 March 2018 - 05:21 PM

Your crash wasn't because of drawing. It was because the game went on and on to read waypoints that weren't there until it finally caused an access violation. I don't know why the game took that code path and even tried to read the multiplayer starting points for a single player mission though, but the except.txt consistently shows that it happened as I mentioned.

#876 DoctorEvil

DoctorEvil
  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Projects:TCG, IRIS
  •  I have no idea what I'm doing

Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:10 PM

Hello there!

First of all I want to thank the creators of Mental Omega for this sweet and very decent modification. I love the amount of detail that went into its design. 

Anyways, as you may have already guessed do I have a problem:

I've created a survival map for MO and tried to play it online with other people. The problem is: The map doesn't upload to the CnCNet map database when I create a game and other people join it. It says the following:

[21:57] Player x has joined DoctorEvil's game

[21:59] Player x has different files compared to the game host. Either x or the game host could be cheating

[21:59] Player x doesn't have the map 'Arctic Stronghold Survival (by DoctorEvil V0.8)' on their loval installation. Attempting to upload the map to the CnCNet map database.

[21:59] Uploading map Arctic Stronghold Survival (by DoctorEvil V0.8) to the CnCNet map database failed.

[21:59] DoctorEvil is sad.

[22:10] DoctorEvil is still sad. 

What does the upload-fail cause? Does anyone know a solution? 

I have also tried to host with a deactivated firewall.

It seems like other people also have difficulties with uploading their maps. Is this a common known bug?

I am sorry if someone already posted this and I overlooked it. 

Sincerely,

DoctorEvil

Edited by DoctorEvil, 25 March 2018 - 01:36 PM.

Discemus gubernaculum esse movendum.

Quod verum putaveram esse particulam

pro viribus agendum est, vim totam adhibebibus.

Ad haec nos paremus?

Mundos aperit portam.

Venenum invasit sanguinem et venas,

iniectum damnosus cogitatis tuis.

Non morbum transferunt in te res humanae,

sed pavor, internus te infirmat prorsus.

#877 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 25 March 2018 - 05:03 AM

You can see the value 3AA22 (240162) as well as the name "Waypoint240162" on the stack.

Just in case:
fnobody.map
MD5: 842729AD24A3CB84F71E7D365775D481
SHA1: F5DBA5F59FBB74AB9C05947EB52EB69624050591
CRC32: D5A5C227

Are we talking about the same file version?

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#878 strelok1995

strelok1995
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 02:19 PM

Greetings. 

I just want to say that Mental Omega mod is great that some guys in the Command and Conquer fanbase gave love to care to the Red Alert universe for its continuation.

Anyway ill get to the point here are my concerns: I was playing Mental Omega 3.3.3 2 days ago(3/23/2018) after i patched it(Automatic) i tried it when i tried to play Campaign games(Operation Earthrise) i keep clicking the start button and it wont start(the button is suppose to glow and make a sound when you point the mouse arrow in to it but no matter how many times i do it the damn thing. 

2nd: When i try to play skirmish or load a saved game(The first tries of the newly patched game i was able  to play Skirmish and Campaign(Earthrise) but after 3 sessions(i saved it to play it later then quitted)  Yuri's revenge loads up(which is strange when i did not started Yuri's revenge in the first place)

guys i dont know what to do pls help. 

Reply pls.

#879 Stuntcrab

Stuntcrab
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 04:51 PM

After updated to 3.3.3. the game won't launch any skirmish or campaign match, it just sends me back to the main menu with no error.

For some reason windows defender has marked Ares.dll as a trojan, the "detected item" is win32/Azden.A!cl is this a false positive? is Ares.dll often mistaken for malware? or has a third party "infected" this file with a trojan or something like that?

Edited by Stuntcrab, 26 March 2018 - 03:13 AM.

#880 nikola_zr

nikola_zr
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 07:54 PM

hi, i need some help regarding the "save game". i updated the game and can play it alright but when i try to save it i just cant get in the game menu. if i push ESC or try hitting the uper right button in game it does not get me in the game menu, it just froze, the music keep on playing like im in the game but thats it, no game menu where i can save it, cant go back to playing the mission i was playing.. this was the problem also in 3.3.2 patch but since it does not support save/load game i just assumed that was the reason, when i saw new patch was available and i can save the game in it i was thrilled but when the same thing happend like in the previous patch i was disapointed i now dont know how can i fix it and get the "save game" working.. any help with that? tnx

Edited by nikola_zr, 25 March 2018 - 07:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users