• Please log in to reply
2298 replies to this topic

#1981 Revan0123

Revan0123
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  •  Former Sith Lord who's stuck on earth, playing Video Games :P

Posted 14 October 2018 - 09:35 AM

It'd be nice if that war factory was immune so splash damage doesn't accidentally kill it.

#1982 OfficialLolicon

OfficialLolicon

I just exist to whine about random stuff

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • Projects:Various mods of various games
  •  Modder

Posted 14 October 2018 - 07:43 PM

During missions with ally AI's i sometimes get the issue where their AI gets jammed and they stop producing units. During the great beyond for example, my chinese ally got stuck building only gyrocopters and crazy ivans and nothing else while they are supposed to build a whole arrange of units. I remember the same thing happening in power hunger a couple of times where the ally got stuck building nothing but mortar quads. How does this happen exactly? I know something is causing their production scripts to get stuck but what is it?

I also noticed their dreadnought AI isn't very smart. Whenever they were build and sent to attack they seem to go straight for the naval shipyard ignoring literally everything else and getting killed by base defences. Shouldn't their AI function more like kirovs where they attack the nearest structure instead? I think all siege ships suffer from this when in the hands of AI.

In eclipse my units accidently destroyed that war factory that was supposed to be captured. When the technician got close the factory started to mass produce enemy futuretanks (3 came out in 10 seconds) and my forced aggro'd them and killed the factory with splash damage, i thought you would build them from that factory but if an ally starts spamming them like no tomorrow it would be much better. I still got the infiltrators for the other ROC's to steal the remaining futuretanks so that still worked.

Some mission scripts gets jammed by either 2 ways from what I learned:

1) The AI has too much scripts to read, increasing as the difficulty goes high

2) The AI haven't read the other scripts base on their weight.

Siege Ships used by the AI follows a script where its task is to completely attack Naval Yards only. This is the reason why it attacks Naval yards like that, and it can't follow a "all hunt" script in water correctly, especially if it hunts a submerged unit, causing it to stand doing nothing. It can't also follow the same script as a Kirov, since ships used by the AI only checks areas of water they can enter. Example, An AI dreadnought won't attack a prism tower since the prism tower isn't on water, which is the only terrain they can check. Ships (including siege ships) however, can still retaliate to land if they're attack (not by itself tho)

I think that's intentional. Use Tesla Troopers distanced a few cells away and that should solve the issue.

Currently playing the Touhou Series

You can use mission units in MO here

Spoiler

#1983 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 15 October 2018 - 02:12 AM

During missions with ally AI's i sometimes get the issue where their AI gets jammed and they stop producing units. During the great beyond for example, my chinese ally got stuck building only gyrocopters and crazy ivans and nothing else while they are supposed to build a whole arrange of units. I remember the same thing happening in power hunger a couple of times where the ally got stuck building nothing but mortar quads. How does this happen exactly? I know something is causing their production scripts to get stuck but what is it?

I also noticed their dreadnought AI isn't very smart. Whenever they were build and sent to attack they seem to go straight for the naval shipyard ignoring literally everything else and getting killed by base defences. Shouldn't their AI function more like kirovs where they attack the nearest structure instead? I think all siege ships suffer from this when in the hands of AI.

In eclipse my units accidently destroyed that war factory that was supposed to be captured. When the technician got close the factory started to mass produce enemy futuretanks (3 came out in 10 seconds) and my forced aggro'd them and killed the factory with splash damage, i thought you would build them from that factory but if an ally starts spamming them like no tomorrow it would be much better. I still got the infiltrators for the other ROC's to steal the remaining futuretanks so that still worked.

Sounds annoying as only the Ally AI suffers from this problem whereas the enemy don't.

3qPyjQ8.png

#1984 OfficialLolicon

OfficialLolicon

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  Modder

Posted 15 October 2018 - 02:17 AM

Sounds annoying as only the Ally AI suffers from this problem whereas the enemy don't.

Pretty odd... There are time where AI becomes stupid when they're allied with Human players, noticed it from skirmish and missions.

Edited by OfficialLolicon, 15 October 2018 - 02:18 AM.

Spoiler

#1985 Thesilver

Thesilver
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 08:24 AM

The enemy does suffer from the problem aswell. Now that i think about it the only times you are actually attacked by siege ships is from scripted events. For examples in sunlight dreadnaughts are scripted to only attack the critical anti midas devices and in relentless resheps are scripted to attack the robot ops, weather controller and your construction yard but nothing else. In the 4th soviet mission there are enemy aircraft carriers who attack your construction yard and then stop i believe. In death from above (pearl harbor) all the various aircraft carriers are mostly sent to go somewhere and attack everything that attacks them. The aircraft carrier does seem to fare the best of all i believe in AI hands since it can defend itself the best.

#1986 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 16 October 2018 - 12:42 AM

It seems that the AI mostly on the player's side isn't "good" yet regardless of difficulty.

Also I've encounter this script which I had no idea how:

44055700_2475878812424086_74458995722970

A driller pop up near to my base and drop an Initiate and an Engineer then it switch sides.

3qPyjQ8.png

#1987 Thesilver

Thesilver
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 08:15 AM

Is that an easter egg? At what time did that occur? I honestly don't understand how that could happen on accident.

#1988 JackoDerp

JackoDerp
  • Members
  • 179 posts
  • Projects:Doing dumb shit to Red Alert 1
  •  Arrogant arsehole with questionable sanity.

Posted 16 October 2018 - 09:07 AM

A lot of people have been reporting getting random free Drillers in Dawnbreaker.

Also the one intelligent Human Buddy AI I can think of is the one in Relentless.
The AI that Spams pillboxes for you in Insomnia is also kinda helpful.

Everyone seems to be arguing over how Yunru came into such a position of power,

yet nobody is willing to explain how Rahn's weapon is able to teleport a pair of shorts.

8QTUrX0.png

#1989 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 16 October 2018 - 02:48 PM

Is that an easter egg? At what time did that occur? I honestly don't understand how that could happen on accident.

I dunno when, but that is when I'm close to destroying the small Epsilon Base near me when that occurred.

3qPyjQ8.png

#1990 OfficialLolicon

OfficialLolicon

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  Modder

Posted 16 October 2018 - 03:51 PM

I actually think its intentional (?), since my camera moved there automatically and the driller then switched sides IIRC. I honestly have no idea what's the purpose of this. (Maybe it's a lore thing? No idea....)

Spoiler

#1991 Revan0123

Revan0123
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  •  Former Sith Lord who's stuck on earth, playing Video Games :P

Posted 16 October 2018 - 03:54 PM

Maybe the driller defected or surrendered to them?

#1992 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 16 October 2018 - 03:58 PM

Maybe the driller defected or surrendered to them?

the word defect/ surrender sounds impossible against an enemy with mind control tech... Unless there is someone who hijacked it earlier. Sadly there are no scripted text related to it.

3qPyjQ8.png

#1993 OfficialLolicon

OfficialLolicon

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  Modder

Posted 16 October 2018 - 04:08 PM

Doesn't the driller also drop a civilian? This driller is mysterious as heck in this mission

Spoiler

#1994 ahmed.osama

ahmed.osama
  • Members
  • 79 posts
  •  Visit Egypt as a tourist and don't live in it. you will die slowly...................

Posted 16 October 2018 - 10:23 PM

the driller supposed to show in the second part of that mission after u restore the apocs facility

it appears in the area behind the outpost and there is an uncontrollable terror drone and its suppose to kill the Initiate and the Engineer then the driller switch sides 

like this

unknown.png

#1995 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 17 October 2018 - 01:50 AM

the driller supposed to show in the second part of that mission after u restore the apocs facility

it appears in the area behind the outpost and there is an uncontrollable terror drone and its suppose to kill the Initiate and the Engineer then the driller switch sides 

like this

unknown.png

Well mine hasn't restoring the facility above though, but the driller appeared near to my base as seen in the image.

3qPyjQ8.png

#1996 SukaHati

SukaHati
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 01:53 PM

I found that it is funny when AI ore miner futilely trying to crush rocketeers instead of ignoring their attack.

#1997 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:57 PM

I found that it is funny when AI ore miner futilely trying to crush rocketeers instead of ignoring their attack.

They don't. They are merely trying to run away

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#1998 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 17 October 2018 - 04:57 PM

Someone told me that the civilians near to the base in Dawnbreaker are actually hijackers in disguise. Not sure if this is true though.

3qPyjQ8.png

#1999 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 18 October 2018 - 02:05 AM

Okay tried it myself, seems only 1 "civilian" can be actually captured by the Drakuv but not sure what it does, but I sent it to the Field B. but nothing happened.

3qPyjQ8.png

#2000 SukaHati

SukaHati
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 05:08 AM

They don't. They are merely trying to run away

I see they become insane when a group of rocketeers attacking the ore miners in my game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users