MO 3.3 // Campaign, Cooperative & Challenge Discussion

• Please log in to reply
2298 replies to this topic

#2001 TerumasaReal

TerumasaReal
  • Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 07:04 AM

I've found that many old missions in 3.3.4 have been modified. IMO, most changes are quite awesome like improving the terrain of Happy Birthday, however, some changes are a bit strange.

For example, I do not understand why replace all Adepts in Ghost Hunt by Elites and lock the training rights of them. First, the enemy is Scorpion Cell, not PsiCorps; Second, these bald heads never need to cross the rivers (EDIT: Well, my bad. Elites does not only have amphibious advantage, but immunity to crushing etc.). Perhaps the reason why do this is to show the Scorpion's resistance of psychic technology is so early? but in Lizard Brain they are still trainable. (Are Adepts to be retired? EDIT: Probably yes...)

Edited by TerumasaReal, 18 February 2019 - 02:32 PM.

#2002 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 12:10 AM

It would be cool if the Perun Flagship and that other unused Soviet helicopter (Twinblade, I think?) would appear as campaign exclusive units in the two finale missions for the Soviets, maybe Grumble too. And the Iron Fist. And the Voltmortar! (And even the kitchen sink!)

But seriously, for an all-in final assault by the Soviets, I'd love if they would utilize -everything- they got and more.

#2003 TerumasaReal

TerumasaReal
  • Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 03:00 PM

It seems more prototypes will appear in Vanishing Point and The Remnant, and Mastodon might be able to use in the two final missions. Perhaps in The Remnant, the Last Bastion equipment will become nearly complete?

#2004 pikachu11

pikachu11
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 04:05 PM

It would be cool if the Perun Flagship and that other unused Soviet helicopter (Twinblade, I think?) would appear as campaign exclusive units in the two finale missions for the Soviets, maybe Grumble too. And the Iron Fist. And the Voltmortar! (And even the kitchen sink!)

But seriously, for an all-in final assault by the Soviets, I'd love if they would utilize -everything- they got and more.

Also hopefully the Quickshifter for the Allies.

#2005 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 06:38 PM

Yeah, suggested that before a page ago, I really hope to see them as they are some of my favorite units and their lore fits the situation perfectly.

#2006 Thesilver

Thesilver
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 06:36 PM

And here i am just sulking over the lack of scavengers :(

They should have been in obsidian sands, they just feel scorpion cellish. You fight them in obsidian sands (remote controlled mc immune ones) and then you get some of them on later missions.

#2007 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 27 October 2018 - 08:18 PM

Salamanders, Scavengers and Wormqueens could be added in Act 3. They could be the result of Yuri integrating Allied tech and Soviet tech with his own. Chrono Adepts and Reapers could also make a return here. 

Syckles is a viable proto-Foehn unit as a Speeder + Desolator combo. Scavengers could also be a proto-Foehn candidate. 

I'm interested in seeing proto-Mastodon with a Nuwa cannon.

#2008 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 05:50 AM

I don't think anyone's said anything about an Act 3. 

#2009 TrollWarlord

TrollWarlord
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 06:37 AM

Considering how things will end in Act 2, it's highly possible to have Act 3 with Foehn will do what it takes to stop Yuri (if he make his way out of Moscow alive) and Epsilon. 

#2010 OfficialLolicon

OfficialLolicon

I just exist to whine about random stuff

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • Projects:Various mods of various games
  •  Modder

Posted 28 October 2018 - 07:08 AM

I do not understand why replace all Adepts in Ghost Hunt by Elites and lock the training rights of them. First, the enemy is Scorpion Cell, not PsiCorps; Second, these bald heads never need to cross the rivers. Perhaps the reason why do this is to show the Scorpion's resistance of psychic technology is so early? but in Lizard Brain they are still trainable. (Are Adepts to be retired?)

Maybe the enemy isn't just the scorpion cell? Maybe it's a joint operation of PsiCorps (their elites), Scorpion Cell (The base and Fakes) and HQ (The Shadow Tanks). It's a full distraction method for the Godsend to happen, wouldn't be surprise if even a small amount of elites are present.

Hhhmm, not bad...

1) I think the Perun can be used for the reason "because of Chinese Tech" and "stolen from Yuri's Space Tech" combined together. Both are highly technological advance and fits perfectly to the Perun's current look and usage IMO.

2) The Hindblade (it's Hindblade, Twinblade is an RA3 unit IIRC), doesn't have a pretty good reason to be in rather than the "Chinese tech" reason. Maybe a covert op to explain where to get its powerful heat wave weapon?

3) Grumble, basing it from an allied tech, is too far. The Allies haven't really gotten in the soviets way nor built a facility to contain some tech to be used.

4) Iron Fist..... Chinese tech? Iron Curtain+Fist Rockets are Chinese tech.

5) Voltmortar is also a Chinese tech with epsilon tech, so it can be used with same reason as the Perun.

Addition, I think Reapers (those mechanical Cyborg units with Antares tech, remember?) should appear in Yuri's stronghold in Antarctica. I highly think the Yuri already gathered enough Chinese tech to developed this, and with a few additions genetic modifications, Reapers should be nice to see. They can appear in Moscow too, I mean, Russia is next to China anyway.

With the existence of the covert op Fullmetal, the Quickshifter is more likely to appear in the final mission. If it doesn't, a higher chance in Act 3 (but not from the start I believe, since the allies would be crippled)

I wanna see a Lionheart in the campaign, but seems highly unlikely since the allies are more into Yuri than getting Soviet Tech. Heck, The soviets doesn't even know the Engine exist.

Currently playing the Touhou Series

You can use mission units in MO here

Spoiler

#2011 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 09:55 AM

Considering the Grumble is based on real-life Russian tech, and is a Russian tech in Rise of the Reds mod too, it could be considered as Soviet tech, without the game mechanic of it using any sort of Allied tech.

#2012 OfficialLolicon

OfficialLolicon

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  Modder

Posted 28 October 2018 - 10:19 AM

Considering the Grumble is based on real-life Russian tech, and is a Russian tech in Rise of the Reds mod too, it could be considered as Soviet tech, without the game mechanic of it using any sort of Allied tech.

I did not know that, my bad...

Spoiler

#2013 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 28 October 2018 - 04:46 PM

I do not understand why replace all Adepts in Ghost Hunt by Elites and lock the training rights of them. First, the enemy is Scorpion Cell, not PsiCorps; Second, these bald heads never need to cross the rivers. Perhaps the reason why do this is to show the Scorpion's resistance of psychic technology is so early? but in Lizard Brain they are still trainable. (Are Adepts to be retired?)

Maybe the enemy isn't just the scorpion cell? Maybe it's a joint operation of PsiCorps (their elites), Scorpion Cell (The base and Fakes) and HQ (The Shadow Tanks). It's a full distraction method for the Godsend to happen, wouldn't be surprise if even a small amount of elites are present.

Hhhmm, not bad...

1) I think the Perun can be used for the reason "because of Chinese Tech" and "stolen from Yuri's Space Tech" combined together. Both are highly technological advance and fits perfectly to the Perun's current look and usage IMO.
2) The Hindblade (it's Hindblade, Twinblade is an RA3 unit IIRC), doesn't have a pretty good reason to be in rather than the "Chinese tech" reason. Maybe a covert op to explain where to get its powerful heat wave weapon?
3) Grumble, basing it from an allied tech, is too far. The Allies haven't really gotten in the soviets way nor built a facility to contain some tech to be used.
4) Iron Fist..... Chinese tech? Iron Curtain+Fist Rockets are Chinese tech.
5) Voltmortar is also a Chinese tech with epsilon tech, so it can be used with same reason as the Perun.

Addition, I think Reapers (those mechanical Cyborg units with Antares tech, remember?) should appear in Yuri's stronghold in Antarctica. I highly think the Yuri already gathered enough Chinese tech to developed this, and with a few additions genetic modifications, Reapers should be nice to see. They can appear in Moscow too, I mean, Russia is next to China anyway.

With the existence of the covert op Fullmetal, the Quickshifter is more likely to appear in the final mission. If it doesn't, a higher chance in Act 3 (but not from the start I believe, since the allies would be crippled)

I wanna see a Lionheart in the campaign, but seems highly unlikely since the allies are more into Yuri than getting Soviet Tech. Heck, The soviets doesn't even know the Engine exist.

Lionheart could show up near the end. Its definitely possible.

It can be explained that squadrons of Lionhearts were developed alongside the Paradox Engine when the Allies would take back Europe.

Maybe Lionhearts are needed to counter the mind controlled Soviets.

Chrono Prisons could be be the Allies getting desperate and using unethical technology to defeat Epsilon, or it could be an Epsilon creation in Act 3.

#2014 Revan0123

Revan0123
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  •  Former Sith Lord who's stuck on earth, playing Video Games :P

Posted 28 October 2018 - 06:26 PM

"Chrono Prisons could be be the Allies getting desperate and using unethical technology to defeat Epsilon, or it could be an Epsilon creation in Act 3."

Possible, I mean, the Allies put civilians in Bio Reactors in Hysteria, I could buy them getting this sort of tech...

#2015 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 06:27 PM

I think Chrono Prisons could be Act 3 tech. Maybe it could even be part of a mission, trying to capture them to free specific individuals, like maybe some Allied heroes didn't die at the end of Act 2 or something like that.

#2016 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 29 October 2018 - 02:15 PM

I think Chrono Prisons could be Act 3 tech. Maybe it could even be part of a mission, trying to capture them to free specific individuals, like maybe some Allied heroes didn't die at the end of Act 2 or something like that.

It could be Act2 if the Allies grabbed some of the Epsilon "persuasive" technologies i nthe Antarctic. It would be most convenient to teleport and brainwash the victim onboard the Paradox Engine.

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#2017 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 11:09 AM

*Hint* Some stolen techs will only appear in future covert operatives. *Hint*

#2018 OfficialLolicon

OfficialLolicon

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  Modder

Posted 01 November 2018 - 12:44 PM

Some stolen techs will only appear in future covert operatives.

Oh hell yeah~

I wished more coops too, mainly for the epsilon and foehn (if possible)

The allies could have more coops about other operations during the Paradox's flight to Yuri's stronghold

The Soviets could be more coops about operations to prepare the grand invasion around Moscow.

I think, these ideas fit more for coverts still.. But any coops right now would be nice

Spoiler

#2019 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 01:31 AM

I have to wonder, with Epsilon HQ's seemingly singular purpose being the defense of Antarctica (and possibly other vital installations), what reason is there for them to have any presence elsewhere, especially on the offensive? Since HQ is played as an offensive force in some coop and campaign missions. Perhaps they double as an elite surgical strike division?

#2020 BotRot

BotRot
  • Members
  • 228 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega English Wiki on Fandom (formerly Wikia)
  •  Mental Omega Wiki Administrator & Contributor

Posted 02 November 2018 - 03:35 AM

I have to wonder, with Epsilon HQ's seemingly singular purpose being the defense of Antarctica (and possibly other vital installations), what reason is there for them to have any presence elsewhere, especially on the offensive? Since HQ is played as an offensive force in some coop and campaign missions. Perhaps they double as an elite surgical strike division?

Since they are the latest Epsilon subfaction to be formed and the fact that most of their tech and weapons are quite new (e.g. Huehuecoyotl and Lizard Brain), it's fitting that they have to test their toys somehow, else Epsilon HQ's arsenal's an untested bust that just falls apart in the event of an Antarctic invasion. Wait...

hT8PHUN.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Ahrefs (1)