Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5127 replies to this topic

#2621 BlackAbsence

BlackAbsence

BlargleGargle

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:09 AM

Could Nuwas need time to warm up their engines before moving?

Like 3 or so seconds.

Could All Hero/Heroine infantry be summoned at a primary barracks via a support-power available at T3?

You can only execute the support-power after 10 minutes. The timer of the support-power, however, will only commence when there is no presence of the Hero/Heroine on the battlefield.

This means if you lose that Hero/Heroine, you'll have to wait 10 minutes before he/she can be re-summoned.

This encourages the players to be more cautious with how they use their Hero/Heroine because they're now more late game and less spam-able.

Maybe a similar thing could be done with the centurion, Irkalla, and MAD MAN, too.

Edited by BlackAbsence, 16 November 2017 - 12:13 AM.

Infinitive absence.

#2622 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:24 AM

sadly that is impossible with this engine :(

The ore or the naval structures? Or both?

The naval shipyard exists, wouldn't other sea buildings be possible?

Also it doesn't need to be ore IN water. It could just be surrounded by water, so you need boats to defend it.

#2623 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 16 November 2017 - 02:47 AM

The ore and structures that can be placed in both water and land, while also having different appearance.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#2624 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 02:48 AM

Could Nuwas need time to warm up their engines before moving?
Like 3 or so seconds.

Uh, why? They're not exactly the most menacing thing if you can kite them around.

Could All Hero/Heroine infantry be summoned at a primary barracks via a support-power available at T3?
You can only execute the support-power after 10 minutes. The timer of the support-power, however, will only commence when there is no presence of the Hero/Heroine on the battlefield.
This means if you lose that Hero/Heroine, you'll have to wait 10 minutes before he/she can be re-summoned.
This encourages the players to be more cautious with how they use their Hero/Heroine because they're now more late game and less spam-able.
Maybe a similar thing could be done with the centurion, Irkalla, and MAD MAN, too.

They already take 1.5x longer than usual cost training speed and has limit of 1 so.....

Edited by Handepsilon, 16 November 2017 - 03:29 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#2625 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:02 AM

Naval Refineries and 'Tier 2' Amphibious Harvesters, specialized to harvest ores from islands where there's no place for other buildings. :V

(Though that would need a whole different set of maps that support these.)

Edited by Solais, 16 November 2017 - 06:03 AM.

#2626 doctormedic

doctormedic

Giver of Demolition trucks

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:20 AM

I mean atleast you would spend more time investing in naval if the gems are on a island that only harvesters and amphibious units can reach it.

Although jackals can make things tricky.

#2627 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:37 AM

Again, it's impossible for the engine to support amphibious structure that can be placed on both land and water. It has to be either.

The only workaround is making it two separate buildings with 2 separate cameos, but it might cause the land-based miners to go for the naval refinery, like the Chrono Miner. It's also unclear whether refinery logic even works on water

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#2628 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:06 AM

Yes, my idea is to have it as a separate building. I wonder if the refinery logic could be tied to the naval shipyard's repair logic, and that would also likely prevent regular harvesters to go to the naval refinery.

#2629 Guest_Chaplain5_*

Guest_Chaplain5_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2017 - 03:10 PM

I'm wondering if you couldn't circumvent the refinery issue entirely and have naval forces fight over a different objective.

Like add special buildings in the water. Remember how the Bounty Hunt challenge has that building that spews out crates? That could be on the water and be an objective to fight around.

I'm a noob so there's probably some major issues with that theory. :p

#2630 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 03:40 PM

I'm wondering if you couldn't circumvent the refinery issue entirely and have naval forces fight over a different objective.

Like add special buildings in the water. Remember how the Bounty Hunt challenge has that building that spews out crates? That could be on the water and be an objective to fight around.

I'm a noob so there's probably some major issues with that theory. :p

It's a fair suggestion, but the issue is that barely anyone plays bounty hunt.

I've tried making some lobbies just to try it out, but no-one seems to join, even though it's an interesting little mode.

I think naval should be integrated with the normal game mode, so that it becomes a fun and viable option in and of itself, rather than trying to prop it up with a dead game-mode.

Tech structures aren't nearly good enough incentive as raw cash. Smart placement of ores and gems in islands would force players to expand to dangerous areas that require boats to defend.

Edited by Tathmesh, 16 November 2017 - 03:42 PM.

#2631 StolenTech

StolenTech

title available

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:12 PM

not to mention how imbalanced and sometimes bland naval battles can be, you can't really make it enjoyable.

#2632 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:15 PM

not to mention how imbalanced and sometimes bland naval battles can be, you can't really make it enjoyable.

I think there's still potential. Again, lack of unit diversity makes naval boring.

Look at Allies Navy. They have four generic boats. Granted one of them has big fucking cannons for maximum fun, but none of them use iconic Allied tech.

Why not have an Allied boat that carries Chrono Mines, which will instantly erase a boat that floats o ver it.

Prism Dolphins are cool, more of that please.

What about cryo artillery boats that fire freezing munitions, stopping enemy ships in their tracks?

And the Soviets, where are the suicide boats that detonate mini nukes?

How about Tesla Boats that have an EMP effect, because fuck amphibious transports.

How about a hammer defense on a boat that causes tidal waves to sink ships?

You probably thought you could escape the confederation's fire in the ocean, but surprise! Oil Fire boats, based on ancient Greek flamethrowers.

Come on, Foehn has Spinboosted ships, Angelshark trolls enemies with confusion, and Leviathan can use Nanocharge. Foehn has one of the most interesting navy because the iconic tech that makes them interesting on land has been put into the boats.

Edited by Tathmesh, 16 November 2017 - 07:16 PM.

#2633 UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:56 PM

I think there's still potential. Again, lack of unit diversity makes naval boring.
Look at Allies Navy. They have four generic boats. Granted one of them has big fucking cannons for maximum fun, but none of them use iconic Allied tech.
Why not have an Allied boat that carries Chrono Mines, which will instantly erase a boat that floats o ver it.
What about cryo artillery boats that fire freezing munitions, stopping enemy ships in their tracks?
How about Tesla Boats that have an EMP effect, because fuck amphibious transports.
You probably thought you could escape the confederation's fire in the ocean, but surprise! Oil Fire boats, based on ancient Greek flamethrowers.
Come on, Foehn has Spinboosted ships, Angelshark trolls enemies with confusion, and Leviathan can use Nanocharge. Foehn has one of the most interesting navy because the iconic tech that makes them interesting on land has been put into the boats.
Plz implement these (does that make sense?)
Also, jet skis with rad cannons

#2634 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:12 PM

Whirlpool Sub: When deployed, it causes a whirlpool above itself that traps ships (both enemy and ally) spinning in place, unable to move.

Edit: Naval Limpet Drone. Especially trolly when it would attach to subs, basically revealing them.

Edited by Solais, 17 November 2017 - 01:13 AM.

#2635 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 02:39 AM

Come on, Foehn has Spinboosted ships, Angelshark trolls enemies with confusion, and Leviathan can use Nanocharge. Foehn has one of the most interesting overpowered navy because the iconic tech that makes them interesting on land has been put into the boats.

:shiftee:

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#2636 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 03:50 AM

Come on, Foehn has Spinboosted ships, Angelshark trolls enemies with confusion, and Leviathan can use Nanocharge. Foehn has one of the most interesting overpowered navy because the iconic tech that makes them interesting on land has been put into the boats.

:shiftee:

True. But navy units are still generic.

#2637 TeslaCruiser

TeslaCruiser

Elitist condescending prick, Arrogant cunt

• Members
  • 324 posts
  •  mp bot

Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:07 AM

why are you guys giving to speeder all these crazy ideas? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
nah just kidding

I've been playing vanilla lately and I have a few things to share about it:
It is nice to see an AA stationary weapon doing its job
Vanilla Black Eagle makes me want to kill myself :D
And finally, MBT´s are so fun in vanilla. Can we bring back some of this fun to MO? Something like +0.5 speed and range? bad idea?

Edited by TeslaCruiser, 17 November 2017 - 04:08 AM.

#2638 Kirov_Fury

Kirov_Fury
  • Members
  • 203 posts
  •  We need more funding !!!

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:36 AM

Aren't Borillos and Armadillos are basically being used as fire ships when on water ?

On a side note, I believe that naval warfare could be more elaborated in MO too! Faction based primary naval combatants maybe (in similar fashion to mbt's) ? Since we also have faction based primary air units (-at least for the Allies)?

Edited by Kirov_Fury, 17 November 2017 - 11:43 AM.

#2639 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 12:40 PM

Faction MBS'! (Main Battle Ship. :p)

The Confed Oil Fire boats instead of just borillo fire, they could shoot napalm bombs. Not flamethrower, but instead makes the water to be on fire.

Maybe the Scorpion Cell could have a ship that's like the Salvager, except it's a ship, only works on other ships, and maybe its drain beam only works from close. "Grinder Barge".

Edited by Solais, 17 November 2017 - 12:44 PM.

#2640 UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 01:40 PM

Possible mbs

Usa: lasers
EA: prism or chrono/neutron cannon
PF: cryo

Russia: could have the stingray from ra3 (but not amphibious)
Lc: read solais
China: emp or nuclear

Psi: mind control
Sc: read solais
HQ: those impolder things that irkalla shoots

Haihead: ?
WOC: thier monster tank weapon (dont know how to spell it, everyone is saying nerf it)
LB: railgun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users