Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5127 replies to this topic

#2801 ahmed.osama

ahmed.osama
  • Members
  • 79 posts
  •  Visit Egypt as a tourist and don't live in it. you will die slowly...................

Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:33 PM

When I made mention of you in my first post, I meant to convey an analogous instance clad in memorial praise; but if I happen to impute you into my logic, it is was an accident clothed in classic error.

The same may be said of the options 'Superweapons', 'No Naval Combat', etc. (and many other instances parallel). Some should exist in every match, but here we are, with options to disable them. If 'scouting should always be a part of the game', then disable this option prior to starting a match. Every opposition hitherto offered can be resolved with a single click—the question is whether or not this option is worthy amongst the ranks of the other skirmish options. To this I have offered the aforementioned musings. DTA and TI have this option, and, forsooth, nobody complained.

(first): dude i got a lot of  new wards from you(especially (hitherto) )
(second): i think the mod is good with currently  skirmish's options  

#2802 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 08 January 2018 - 05:12 AM

I don't know if this thing is necessary or not but I think Epsilon needs some sort of healer unit/healing support power. Allies have Medics (and I think Medic IFV is available at next patch), Soviets have Drakuvs, and Foehn can utilize those nanite clouds to heal its infantry. This is to further increase the survival rate of Epsilon infantry units in the battle, especially to those infantries that doesn't heal while in the poison clouds.

Well Stalkers should do the trick, but its T3 and HQ-exclusive infantry unit.

you are right but put in your mind that epsilon had cloning vats so why they need a healer when they had double.

Also, if SW is on, they also have Rage Inductor. Those things are powerful (though not nearly as great as Finalize).

If you're not satisfied, you can take the other's medic for yourself if you so desire with adepts. Though, it's far more productive to use it on something else really.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#2803 ahmed.osama

ahmed.osama
  • Members
  • 79 posts
  •  Visit Egypt as a tourist and don't live in it. you will die slowly...................

Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:23 PM

so after taking along trip to MO wikia .  :scars:  :p

i saw that Russia doesn't have an unique or a special  T3 defense.

like latin's smoke turret and Chinese EMP mines (making the EMP station a support power)     

so why is that?beside the unique infantry too :glare:

#2804 NorthFireZ

NorthFireZ

MO Caster, Community Ghost

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Projects:MO Faction Guides
  •  Random Asshole

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:20 PM

Will a 'Reveal Map' skirmish option, as suggested by StolenTech around September, likely to be realised? The shroud-revealing support powers (including gap generators) and shroud-affecting features (sabotaging radar centres) must, of course, be removed with this option.

I ask this humbly, for the option, in my experience with other CnC mods, provided another strategic perspective in combat. Being able to see the organisation of military and base of the enemy would invariably warrant a different approach in battle, such as discouraging the construction of shroud-blanketed artilleries. Furthermore, this option would provide—for some players—a more authentic battle sensation as most real-life battlefields do not have this offending opaque shrouds.

Is anyone going to point out that CNC and real life have as much in common as a Obese person and a Blue whale?

Introducing the mode isn’t a problem. In fact, I support such a mode because it would allow people to hop into a game and play the game without having to learn all the maps. (We won’t have to fumble around with engineers trying to find where that one oil derrick is.)

But I do have to say, introducing the mode FOR symmetrical balance and realism seems skeptical at best.

I have a year-long Writer's block @ https://www.fanficti...1/At-Mind-s-End But youtube is doing well! https://www.youtube....ser/andywong545

#2805 StolenTech

StolenTech

title available

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:25 PM

like latin's smoke turret and Chinese EMP mines (making the EMP station a support power)     

Russia has stalin's fist which is their "epic unit" also Russia somewhat has 2 monster tanks, the wolfhound AND the Tesla cruiser (while the tesla cruiser is the official monster tank yes) both are equally powerful when used right and in certain situations.

also do me a favour and don't look at the wiki, its' information is usually false when it comes to certain stuff.

Edited by StolenTech, 08 January 2018 - 11:26 PM.

#2806 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:40 AM

When it comes to Russia, simplicity is its' best weapon. They don't need some certain units to be powerful

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#2807 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 09 January 2018 - 06:04 AM

Russia has stalin's fist which is their "epic unit" also Russia somewhat has 2 monster tanks, the wolfhound AND the Tesla cruiser (while the tesla cruiser is the official monster tank yes) both are equally powerful when used right and in certain situations.

also do me a favour and don't look at the wiki, its' information is usually false when it comes to certain stuff.

Could you please name some of such stuffs? so that we can correct them.

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#2808 StolenTech

StolenTech

title available

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 11:02 AM

I can't remember anything at the top of my head, but we've had new people in the discord channel come in and ask questions because some information on the wiki were "confusing" or just make up theories of stuff they found on the wiki that was in itself someone else's theory instead of being a fact, I'll try more to report such things when they happen.

#2809 ahmed.osama

ahmed.osama
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 11:24 AM

Stolen dude I don't mean units I mean a special defense that I can build by Russia only.

#2810 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:05 PM

Stolen dude I don't mean units I mean a special defense that I can build by Russia only.

As a subfaction which focuses purely on offence, I think they deserve some support-provider rather than a defense turret.

Perhaps an individual support center structure which replaces tank-drop with a 3-rhino 2-tigr drop, and provides a special paratrooper taskforce including tesla troopers.

All this should not be prioritized anyway, as RU is far from under-powered in 3.3.2

#2811 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:36 PM

As I said, their simplicity makes them straightforwardly easy to use.

You need to think less about 'x subfaction has this, therefore y subfaction should have that' and more about the actual balance between subfactions.

Edited by Handepsilon, 09 January 2018 - 12:43 PM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#2812 mrvecz

mrvecz
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:38 AM

Will the game mode without base defences be added in the future ?

From wikia, i found out that it was present in some old version but isnt atm.

#2813 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:34 AM

It was in 2.0, here it's not present. Id like to see tho how players are capable of managing the defense of their bases without use of any support/defense buildings beside walls.

#2814 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:49 PM

It was in 2.0, here it's not present. Id like to see tho how players are capable of managing the defense of their bases without use of any support/defense buildings beside walls.

"You don't have to manage the defense of your base if you have no base"

#2815 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:52 PM

Then you forgot Short Game was on :shiftee2:

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#2816 mrvecz

mrvecz
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:45 PM

"You don't have to manage the defense of your base if you have no base"

I would like to see the somewhat IMO boring part of besieging the base to be hastened (I like building a base and combat, but the besieging part of the mod is abit... sluggish) More unit to unit combat, no more waiting to snipe the defences and then go for the MCV (And war facts to prevent new MCV) else the defences will get replaced 24/7 while your attack force dwindles

Unit on Unit combat is way more exiting

Edited by mrvecz, 11 January 2018 - 04:46 PM.

#2817 StolenTech

StolenTech

title available

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:31 PM

I would like to see the somewhat IMO boring part of besieging the base to be hastened (I like building a base and combat, but the besieging part of the mod is abit... sluggish) More unit to unit combat, no more waiting to snipe the defences and then go for the MCV (And war facts to prevent new MCV) else the defences will get replaced 24/7 while your attack force dwindles

Unit on Unit combat is way more exiting

that's a general problem with C&C games I'd say. 
and why C&C players transitioning to starcraft have a hard time playing it, when most of the value comes from you controlling your units properly instead of camping and making walls of base defences until your Superweapon arrives.

#2818 mrvecz

mrvecz
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:14 PM

Defences in Starcraft are generally trash, but here, they are very strong.

In SC2, there are no things as enemy defences that can fire back at your artillery (Plasmarizer) or melt your tanks way out of their range one by one while being hidden in a maze of other structures (Neutralizer) or AOE kill your attack groups (Every T3 defence)

I like both games, but CnC holds a special place in my heart

#2819 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:13 PM

I wish there was a new RTS with the gameplay style of C&C but with a detailed campaign like SC2.

#2820 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:05 PM

Defences in Starcraft are generally trash, but here, they are very strong.

This is not true, at least for SC1. Missile turrets are commonly used in pro play to ward off aerial threats like mutalisk micro, for example.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users