Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5127 replies to this topic

#3521 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 06:37 AM

You could still have small islands, hence why I said "amphibious harvesters". You could use cliffsided islands as cliffs, and small beached islands as occasional "higher ground", though not something you could build a base on; but you would have the ore on those islands. This way you could potentially have more interesting maps with multiple "elevations" and islands to defend. Could also have islands with oil derricks and such too. Probably wouldn't exactly be 100% naval either, swimming infantry, hover and amphibious units could also be buildable.

#3522 cplutine

cplutine
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:41 PM

Hi, this is what i think need to change :
Firerate of Salamander need to be decreased.. its lag so much if someone spamming that unit and then attack something. Please increase damage instead...

#3523 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:22 PM

On 2nd thought,I think it could be quite troublesome to make ore mines on water in a RA2 engine.So then how are you supposed to earn credits?In RA3,there were Oil Derricks at sea,I think that could be incorporated here?

I think marine oil rigs definetaly should be implemented. We actually have a building like that in MO but it's just visual, not a captureable thing. The main problem is obviously accessing it, engineers shouldn't be amphibious, so only transports are viable. But the rig is on the water, and the transports can't unload, obviously. I think the solution would be to place oil rigs on special terrain tiles that seamlessly connect to the actual building, and would look like water for the most part, except for a few tiles that could be used to land engineers.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#3524 BlackAbsence

BlackAbsence

BlargleGargle

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:52 AM

Roadrunners. They are infamous, among the community. Footballs, the jokingly call them.

What's the difference between a diverbee and a roadrunner? Well, one is re-usable at T2.

Could we nerf it? Let's say they additionally lose 34% (1/3) health every time they attack? Is that a reasonable nerf?

Magalodons. I like to think of them as giant knights. And what's a knight without a shield?

I propose a defensive deploy function for them, if possible. When deployed, they lose their attack, and they lose 90% speed, but they gain their megaarena shield.

Reason being is that they don't have enough energy to utilise both their modes at the same time so they either have to allocate their energy towards their shield or their sword. They don't have enough energy for both. However, with the presence of a megaarena projector, their shield come free.

Would be nice to see a shield or sword icon over them when they're in their respected modes, otherwise the megaarena projector might lead you to believe that they're in defensive mode, when they might not be. Sure, you could just run up to infantry then deploy their shield to slaughter them, but a lot of things that are T3 make infantry go bye bye anyway. At least they're up close and personal about it.

Maybe you should nerf their shields anti-infantry AoE as well? So only things within brute punch range get obliterated! 

Edited by BlackAbsence, 13 July 2018 - 06:21 AM.

Infinitive absence.

#3525 Endless

Endless
  • Members
  • 55 posts
  • Projects:Weaponized Dad Jokes
  •  Disgusting USA main

Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:45 PM

Roadrunners. They are infamous, among the community. Footballs, the jokingly call them.

What's the difference between a diverbee and a roadrunner? Well, one is re-usable at T2.

Could we nerf it? Let's say they additionally lose 34% (1/3) health every time they attack? Is that a reasonable nerf?

Magalodons. I like to think of them as giant knights. And what's a knight without a shield?

I propose a defensive deploy function for them, if possible. When deployed, they lose their attack, and they lose 90% speed, but they gain their megaarena shield.

Reason being is that they don't have enough energy to utilise both their modes at the same time so they either have to allocate their energy towards their shield or their sword. They don't have enough energy for both. However, with the presence of a megaarena projector, their shield come free.

Would be nice to see a shield or sword icon over them when they're in their respected modes, otherwise the megaarena projector might lead you to believe that they're in defensive mode, when they might not be. Sure, you could just run up to infantry then deploy their shield to slaughter them, but a lot of things that are T3 make infantry go bye bye anyway. At least they're up close and personal about it.

Maybe you should nerf their shields anti-infantry AoE as well? So only things within brute punch range get obliterated! 

Edited by Endless, 13 July 2018 - 12:45 PM.

Cease or I will have to use D E A D L Y F O R C E

#3526 JackoDerp

JackoDerp
  • Members
  • 179 posts
  • Projects:Doing dumb shit to Red Alert 1
  •  Arrogant arsehole with questionable sanity.

Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:20 PM

Could we nerf it? Let's say they additionally lose 34% (1/3) health every time they attack?[/i]

I stopped reading at this point.

Roadrunners are Obnoxious, yes, but they're fairly expensive to spam in earlygame, and can be kited to an extent if you're careful.
Though Epsilon tend to have the odd problem dealing with them.

Everyone seems to be arguing over how Yunru came into such a position of power,

yet nobody is willing to explain how Rahn's weapon is able to teleport a pair of shorts.

8QTUrX0.png

#3527 BlackAbsence

BlackAbsence

BlargleGargle

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:18 PM

Wow, you guys are so predictable lol 

Infinitive absence.

#3528 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 16 July 2018 - 01:08 AM

Roadrunners, not gonna comment much. Megalodon... I'm just going to answer with one word :

whytho?

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#3529 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

Hellish.Calculative.Eccentric.Dedicated.

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Projects:Command and Conquer 5:Tiberian Destiny(In incubation stage at present)
  •  PsiCorps Proselyte.A mind is a terrible thing to waste. I like Epsilon Headquarters also.

Posted 16 July 2018 - 05:17 AM

I don't understand why do you need to nerf the Megalodon so that it becomes a sitting duck for infantry.
"Just die already!"-Libra

#3530 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:00 PM

I don't understand why do you need to nerf the Megalodon so that it becomes a sitting duck for infantry.

For the record, quite a few tier 3 monsters are sitting ducks for massed infantry if they are by themselves. 

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#3531 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

Hellish.Calculative.Eccentric.Dedicated.

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Projects:Command and Conquer 5:Tiberian Destiny(In incubation stage at present)
  •  PsiCorps Proselyte.A mind is a terrible thing to waste. I like Epsilon Headquarters also.

Posted 17 July 2018 - 12:41 AM

For the record, quite a few tier 3 monsters are sitting ducks for massed infantry if they are by themselves.
Megalodons have a solution for it-the Megaarena.However,there are some units I am worried about-the Mastodon,for example.Very vulnerable to massed up forces.
"Just die already!"-Libra

#3532 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 09:37 AM

I'm not a competitive player, but ever since 3.0 I've said that most units are really made out of cardboard in this mod and infantry very often just trumps everything, unless it's an actual anti-infantry unit. In campaign, especially with the Soviets, I often just spam endless tesla troopers because often they are enough to break through everything. (Especially in Act1.) :V

Edited by Solais, 17 July 2018 - 09:37 AM.

#3533 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  • Projects:Doom Desire
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 17 July 2018 - 12:40 PM

Roadrunner isn't intended to be a suicide unit like Diverbee is. They already become vulnerable after their attack.

I propose a defensive deploy function for them, if possible.

Megalodon's shield is the Megaarena, they won't get an additional special effect on deploy.
And unfortunately, Megaarena instant-kill-infantry aura won't get altered, so if it gets buffed back then Megalodons will again become total infantry removers. :sad:
ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

#3534 FELITH

FELITH
  • Members
  • 165 posts
  •  Gimme some smacks

Posted 17 July 2018 - 05:21 PM

I got an idea for Tech Satellite Hack Center
instead of the whole map reveal, you will get access to Radar and a support power that works similar to PC's Magnetic Beam but for scout instead.

Edited by FELITH, 17 July 2018 - 05:24 PM.

#3535 UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 08:00 PM

I got an idea for Tech Satellite Hack Center
instead of the whole map reveal, you will get access to Radar and a support power that works similar to PC's Magnetic Beam but for scout instead.

So, a Raven?
Id rather the map reveal stayed

#3536 Nox667

Nox667
  • Members
  • 31 posts
  •  noone interesting

Posted 17 July 2018 - 08:21 PM

thing is: the full map reveal is fine and all (too powerful to not come at a disadvantage) but the thing is: when destroyed it resets your radar as though your radar building got infiltrated, and its usually in a very exposed location on the map and thus easily destroyed. the risk of capturing a tech satellite hack center so massively outweights its advantage of full map scouting the moment its captured, that noone but fools bothers capping one.

Infinite are: the universe and human stupidity. Im not quite sure about the universe. - *supposedly* Albert Einstein

#3537 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 18 July 2018 - 02:07 AM

Megalodons have a solution for it-the Megaarena.However,there are some units I am worried about-the Mastodon,for example.Very vulnerable to massed up forces.

That's why things like Bisons, Gharials, Knightframes and Lancers should always babysit those monsters. They keep the infantries and closeups away while the Mastodon deals damage to the strong and far away (while also keep them healed with Nanocharge). That, or you can use Mastodons to tank enemy hits (must stay still tho) while the fragile DPS do the actual damage. Mastodon self repair while standing still makes it nigh-immortal

Not all Monster Tanks need to be an Abrams or Catastrophe. Charon sucks atm tho, due to the intense micro. Hopefully the damage increase, which should quicken the erasure rate, will keep 10 charons from trying to erase one single MBT at once. :<

I got an idea for Tech Satellite Hack Center
instead of the whole map reveal, you will get access to Radar and a support power that works similar to PC's Magnetic Beam but for scout instead.

An indestructible timed Raven?

Tbh that sounds solid enough. More useful that that risky full map reveal

Edited by Handepsilon, 18 July 2018 - 02:17 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#3538 FELITH

FELITH
  • Members
  • 165 posts
  •  Gimme some smacks

Posted 18 July 2018 - 04:41 AM

An indestructible timed Raven?

yes xD what a nice way to put it.

#3539 BlackAbsence

BlackAbsence

BlargleGargle

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 06:03 PM

An indestructible raven just sounds silly and it would counter gap generators too well.

I like how the tech satellite hack centre currently is: High risk / High reward.

Side thought: If someone sabotages your radar while you have a tech satellite hack centre captured, does your radar persist or reset?

Hijacker Suggestions:

- Could hijacked units use the voice-lines of their hijackers?

- Could hijacking/hijacked units get a little crowbar icon next to them?

Infinitive absence.

#3540 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,983 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 18 July 2018 - 06:15 PM

Those Hijacker suggestions are impossible to do.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users