Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5127 replies to this topic

#3561 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 20 July 2018 - 10:10 PM

About that foehn wall bunker thing, one could just spam the node part of the wall and fill with units, it just becomes a heavily armor death blob
And then you can build nanocoat regulators and signal inhibitors inside it so its indestructible

Suddenly, artillery.

Seriously tho, bunkers are primitive (even if useful). Foehn is all about high-tech stuff. It would be the last faction I'd ever consider giving a bunker, or trenches for that matter.

If we really need an additional tier 1 defense for them, how about something like the Scrin's Buzzer Hives from TW? A building that would attack by spawning clouds of tiny flying robots or nanites that would assail the enemy, but would be destroyable themselves.

That would be pretty fucking rad.

I'd kinda like to see that as an LB-exclusive. When the nanites kill an enemy, it leaves a weakened version of the Huntress healing cloud or gives a defensive buff to infantry.

#3562 BlackAbsence

BlackAbsence

BlargleGargle

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 12:34 AM

Seriously tho, bunkers are primitive (even if useful). Foehn is all about high-tech stuff.

Foehn is also all about medievalesque stuff, ironically. Just look at their knights and lancers. This is why the castle theme would suit them.

Although, on second thought, they might be a bit too spamable which is why they should only one hold 1 infantry per battlement as compensation.

For those of you thinking this is "broken" or "OP", it's really no different than a pillbox or gun turret, I assure you :p

Infinitive absence.

#3563 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

Hellish.Calculative.Eccentric.Dedicated.

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Projects:Command and Conquer 5:Tiberian Destiny(In incubation stage at present)
  •  PsiCorps Proselyte.A mind is a terrible thing to waste. I like Epsilon Headquarters also.

Posted 21 July 2018 - 04:57 AM

Seriously tho, bunkers are primitive (even if useful). Foehn is all about high-tech stuff.

Foehn is also all about medievalesque stuff, ironically. Just look at their knights and lancers. This is why the castle theme would suit them.
Although, on second thought, they might be a bit too spamable which is why they should only one hold 1 infantry per battlement as compensation.
For those of you thinking this is "broken" or "OP", it's really no different than a pillbox or gun turret, I assure you :p
Excuse me???Foehn is predominantly all about high-tech stuff.And if you are talking about medieval stuff,should I remind you of the Empire of the Rising Sun?
"Just die already!"-Libra

#3564 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 21 July 2018 - 05:13 AM

Then why did you say two? Because :
1. Garrison and cargo transport are different. Frames take 1 slot for garrison as opposed to two

2. Their size will decrease to 1 anyway in 3.3.4, haven't you read the changelog?

I haven't even mentioned how walls are sturdy in their own right (even more than a Battle Bunker even) and 1x1 structures last longer than their larger counterpart due to how AoE in this engine works. If this Castle Battlement idea you have is actually less sturdy and maybe 0unable to be repaired, I'd at least consider making it garrisonable

Also, Foehn is only chivalrious-y in the name of some of their units, mostly the T1 and the syncs. The rest barely represents any sort of medieval theme. The tanks are actually more into animals, mostly prehistoric

Edited by Handepsilon, 21 July 2018 - 05:31 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#3565 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  • Projects:Doom Desire
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 21 July 2018 - 11:05 AM

Foehn infantry is hardly spammable in the early game unless you want to kill your economy or you are doing an all-in. Otherwise, filling each section of such wall with infantry would actually put the Foehn player behind.

Having said that, Foehn won't get garrisonable walls. We already tried non-standard walls for them and it didn't work.
ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

#3566 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Projects:Command and Conquer 5:Tiberian Destiny(In incubation stage at present)
  •  PsiCorps Proselyte.A mind is a terrible thing to waste. I like Epsilon Headquarters also.

Posted 22 July 2018 - 06:40 AM

Foehn infantry is hardly spammable in the early game unless you want to kill your economy or you are doing an all-in. Otherwise, filling each section of such wall with infantry would actually put the Foehn player behind.Having said that, Foehn won't get garrisonable walls. We already tried non-standard walls for them and it didn't work.

Forget infantry,none of the stuff in the Foehn tech tree is spammable-they are too bloody expensive.And the Minermites having 50% of the storage space of Chrono Miners puts Foehn economics at a disadvantage,it doesn't help matters either.

I think Foehn has a need for walls which are beefier than those of the other three factions.

#3567 BlackAbsence

BlackAbsence

BlargleGargle

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 07:29 PM

Be it whatever, I just think it would be nice if Foehn had some kind of defence that doesn't require power, similar to what the other sides have.

Furry drones have a flaw to them: An extremely easy way to counter furry drones is with conscripts and/or dogs.

Wanna clear a field of furry drones? Individually send conscripts or dogs through it as an expendable sacrifice.

Wanna guard structures from furry drones? Surround the structure with conscripts or dogs because they will be the first thing the furry drones will target as soon as they deploy. Its near impossible to get them to do otherwise. Furry drones are just too trigger happy. It'd be better if you had to manually tell them to attack so that they hit the desired thing. It's like a buff and a nerf: Now they'll hit the desired thing yet be more micro intensive. They could still act like mines if something steps on them though; they just won't leap unless commanded to.

Mainly due to drillers and the shadow ring power, infiltration from an Epsilon player is just way too easy. On top of this, they can also double their spy production with the cloning vat.

Perhaps some nerfs are in order?

With the potential of the shadow ring, I think it should, at least, not be free to use.

Maybe make Epsilon stolen tech somewhat less powerful?

The toxic strike ability is pretty terrible: Players can easily just move away from it and I've never really seen this ability being effective. 

Edited by BlackAbsence, 22 July 2018 - 07:42 PM.

Infinitive absence.

#3568 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 22 July 2018 - 08:24 PM

Furry drones have a flaw to them: An extremely easy way to counter furry drones is with conscripts and/or dogs.

Wanna clear a field of furry drones? Individually send conscripts or dogs through it as an expendable sacrifice.

Wanna guard structures from furry drones? Surround the structure with conscripts or dogs because they will be the first thing the furry drones will target as soon as they deploy. Its near impossible to get them to do otherwise. Furry drones are just too trigger happy. It'd be better if you had to manually tell them to attack so that they hit the desired thing. It's like a buff and a nerf: Now they'll hit the desired thing yet be more micro intensive. They could still act like mines if something steps on them though; they just won't leap unless commanded to.

Have you used that unit? There is a short period of time where you can manually select the target for Fury Drones, So what you propose is not a nerf/buff, its outright nerf. In your scenario you cant use them as mines anymore.

And so what that they can be triggered by any unit. It's called a counter, and you dont usually need to lay fields of Fury Drones. Just have couple of them ready for engagement, join the battle 10 seconds later, deploy and watch the fireworks.

#3569 BlackAbsence

BlackAbsence

BlargleGargle

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 08:51 PM

ofc I've used furry drones. Otherwise I wouldn't be commenting on them. The time period to command them is so brief that it's near impossible to strike your intended target, especially when they deploy at separate times. Do I have to show a video just to prove this to you? I just tested this with Acac.

EDIT: With a bit more playing around, they sometimes jump over their target too. This only seems to happen against units.

Edited by BlackAbsence, 22 July 2018 - 09:45 PM.

Infinitive absence.

#3570 NorthFireZ

NorthFireZ

MO Caster, Community Ghost

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Projects:MO Faction Guides
  •  Random Asshole

Posted 22 July 2018 - 10:43 PM

4 fury drones confirm a kill on every lab, please no buff. I much rather see them as a pure deployable mine! 

I have a year-long Writer's block @ https://www.fanficti...1/At-Mind-s-End But youtube is doing well! https://www.youtube....ser/andywong545

#3571 BlackAbsence

BlackAbsence

BlargleGargle

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 10:59 PM

4 fury drones confirm a kill on every lab, please no buff. I much rather see them as a pure deployable mine! 

4 would kill it instantly but I'm pretty sure you only need 3 due to their residual fire damage. 

Infinitive absence.

#3572 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 22 July 2018 - 11:43 PM

I've already suggested a price tag for Shadow Ring, but I think Speeder rejected that last time I checked his conversation in IRC. :(

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#3573 Endless

Endless
  • Members
  • 55 posts
  • Projects:Weaponized Dad Jokes
  •  Disgusting USA main

Posted 22 July 2018 - 11:52 PM

ofc I've used furry drones. Otherwise I wouldn't be commenting on them. The time period to command them is so brief that it's near impossible to strike your intended target, especially when they deploy at separate times. Do I have to show a video just to prove this to you? I just tested this with Acac.

EDIT: With a bit more playing around, they sometimes jump over their target too. This only seems to happen against units.

Control groups exist for a reason

Cease or I will have to use D E A D L Y F O R C E

#3574 BlackAbsence

BlackAbsence

BlargleGargle

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 12:06 AM

EDIT: With a bit more playing around, they sometimes jump over their target too. This only seems to happen against units.

Control groups exist for a reason

Endless... where is your head at?... really?

How about saying something relevant next time. 

Infinitive absence.

#3575 Sizyfos31

Sizyfos31
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:00 AM

Type Fury Drones with two R once more and I will react with a image you will regret. Or you know, check my signature.

Edited by Sizyfos31, 23 July 2018 - 09:01 AM.

This is what I see when anyone misspell Fury Drone as Furry Drone

I made a youtube playlist of songs that may have inspired mission names (at least 50% is correct and seen by Speeder himself)

#3576 Endless

Endless
  • Members
  • 55 posts
  • Projects:Weaponized Dad Jokes
  •  Disgusting USA main

Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:45 AM

Endless... where is your head at?... really?

How about saying something relevant next time. 

Edited by Endless, 23 July 2018 - 09:47 AM.

Cease or I will have to use D E A D L Y F O R C E

#3577 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 02:38 PM

Man,this is really a crazy place.

#3578 BlackAbsence

BlackAbsence

BlargleGargle

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:59 PM

Type Fury Drones with two R once more and I will react with a image you will regret. Or you know, check my signature.

Furry drone 

Infinitive absence.

#3579 Sizyfos31

Sizyfos31
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 05:44 PM

Furry drone 

Spoiler

This is what I see when anyone misspell Fury Drone as Furry Drone

I made a youtube playlist of songs that may have inspired mission names (at least 50% is correct and seen by Speeder himself)

#3580 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 12:42 AM

Oh man.Grow up,you two.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users