Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5127 replies to this topic

#4961 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 11 August 2020 - 06:46 AM

I don't think I need say how C&C4 is probably the worst example you can bring up, not only in the sense that it's a bad game altogether, but also the fact that the game works in fundamentally different way than traditional RTS. Stalin's Fist is in no way comparable to a Crawler

A better comparison would be Tiberian Sun's Fist of Nod or Mobile War Factory

I personally don't think Russia needs that kind of capability. You don't need to have a subfaction to be able to cover every aspect, and I think Russia does just fine even without a unique AoE anti-infantry. But well... considering that the whole balance would be tweaked once more, I could be speaking too soon

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#4962 Kscsai890

Kscsai890
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 03:07 AM

The Mercury Strike from support power takes so long to recharge, but Athena Cannon can call the satellite to attack frequently. If the former is more powerful, which really needs minutes to recharge, would that make sense?
Imo the strike from support power should have a second phase: fire continuous laser (radius: about 1) following the previous instant one. It is mainly effective against heavy armored vehicles. This idea came from Athena Cannon in RA3.

Edited by Kscsai890, 13 August 2020 - 12:25 AM.

#4963 CrimsonRaider

CrimsonRaider
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 06:24 PM

I always wanted a controllable ion cannon-like thing like in Generals.
Maybe the Mercury Strike would have an impact, like now, and a controllable laser beam similar to the Magnetic Pulse.

#4964 Kscsai890

Kscsai890
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 05:59 AM

Suggestion for repair:

1. One engineer can only repair 25%-30% health of Last Bastion Plasmerizer. The opponents cost so much to damage the cannon and LB player just costs 1 engineer to fully repair it. This is not balanced.

Same for ConYard and superweapon: one engineer can only repair 50% health of them. Probably unecessary, just my opinion.

2. Add extra repair way for Irkalla while Centurion has Repair Drone and Plasmerizer has engineer:
Irkalla can double the repair speed for 20 seconds by manually deploying, but cannot move or fire during the period. (Not available in Godsend)

#4965 Shaithias

Shaithias
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 12:08 AM

The Yuri factions are... incredibly weak compared to the other factions. Early on, this is due to pricing, later on its due to a lack of real power units, and inhibitions each subfaction has. In general, the combinations are bad. 

Epsilon HQ uses far more mind control than Psi Corps. However, psi corps is advertised as having better mind control. Why? Epsilon adepts are cheaper than epsilon elites. Also, epsilon HQ gets very cheap stealth shrouding. 

Here is what epsilon needs to excel:
1. Epsilon elite need to be cloaked. At least while standing still. This would ensure they are not picked off by aircraft, and it would allow them to be rolled into battle slightly faster than epsilon adepts. Epsilon adepts already get cloaking via the haze quad. 

2. Mastermind needs to not overload. Give them a max mind control of 3 if you want. But not being able to dump control of units is lethal to the mastermind and hurts its viability. If masterminds didn't overload, they could easily replace epsilon elite as the primary mind control unit.

3. Lasher/opus tanks need to do more damage against soviet troop transports. Literally, borrillos stomp every single game. Alternatively, mind control needs to come out sooner, or borillos need to come out later. Not sure which is best fix. 

4. Epsilon struggles with dumping mc'd units. They need a mobile grinder unit. 

5. Both adepts and elite can't psychic storm instantaneously. There is always some lag between the order and the execution. Compare to classic YR where the clone psychic storms very very quickly.

6. Epsilon needs its anti air to NOT destroy its own walls... Collossus should do 1.25x current damage vs air, damage infantry, and be a terrible unit to use vs tanks...

7. Epsilon needs power to fuel its exceptionally expensive and varied base defenses. Psychic shrouds? Mind readers? MIND CONTROL towers!?! Those eat up TONS more power than the other factions, and epsilon does not have good power generation to meet the requirements. This is part of why Epsilon HQ excels over psicorps. They don't need power for their shrouds... 

8. Epsilon Driller APC's should self repair, and be able to crush walls. They also need more armor...

In short, epsilon is good in concept, but it has so many rough edges that need to be polished up. 

#4966 Shaithias

Shaithias
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 01:13 AM

Game mode needed:
We need a game mode where new gold is not created on the map. Basically all mines don't generate gold. What you see is what you get. 

#4967 Kscsai890

Kscsai890
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 02:59 AM

I think infantries shot by snipers should be unable to move for a short time because of precise injury or something like that. After all sniper's firepower is not deadly now. The lower hitpoint percentage is, the longer you can't move. (Heroes not affected)

Edited by Kscsai890, 21 August 2020 - 05:09 AM.

#4968 MasterLeaf1

MasterLeaf1
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 22 August 2020 - 05:44 PM

The Yuri factions are... incredibly weak compared to the other factions. Early on, this is due to pricing, later on its due to a lack of real power units, and inhibitions each subfaction has. In general, the combinations are bad.
Epsilon HQ uses far more mind control than Psi Corps. However, psi corps is advertised as having better mind control. Why? Epsilon adepts are cheaper than epsilon elites. Also, epsilon HQ gets very cheap stealth shrouding.

Here is what epsilon needs to excel:
1. Epsilon elite need to be cloaked. At least while standing still. This would ensure they are not picked off by aircraft, and it would allow them to be rolled into battle slightly faster than epsilon adepts. Epsilon adepts already get cloaking via the haze quad.
2. Mastermind needs to not overload. Give them a max mind control of 3 if you want. But not being able to dump control of units is lethal to the mastermind and hurts its viability. If masterminds didn't overload, they could easily replace epsilon elite as the primary mind control unit.
3. Lasher/opus tanks need to do more damage against soviet troop transports. Literally, borrillos stomp every single game. Alternatively, mind control needs to come out sooner, or borillos need to come out later. Not sure which is best fix.
4. Epsilon struggles with dumping mc'd units. They need a mobile grinder unit.

5. Both adepts and elite can't psychic storm instantaneously. There is always some lag between the order and the execution. Compare to classic YR where the clone psychic storms very very quickly.

6. Epsilon needs its anti air to NOT destroy its own walls... Collossus should do 1.25x current damage vs air, damage infantry, and be a terrible unit to use vs tanks...

7. Epsilon needs power to fuel its exceptionally expensive and varied base defenses. Psychic shrouds? Mind readers? MIND CONTROL towers!?! Those eat up TONS more power than the other factions, and epsilon does not have good power generation to meet the requirements. This is part of why Epsilon HQ excels over psicorps. They don't need power for their shrouds...

8. Epsilon Driller APC's should self repair, and be able to crush walls. They also need more armor...

In short, epsilon is good in concept, but it has so many rough edges that need to be polished up.

Actually,

1. Epsilon Elites have slightly more health and amphibious (It can move on both land and water). Do u think HQ has a Mind Control unit in water? Edit: Moves slightly faster to.
2. I don't think u play multiplayer, In my opinion MC is a strong ability. So it should be hard to use, That's why Mastermind has that overload disability. Mastermind without overload would be a big nightmare, Do you want to give your whole army to a Single MasterMind??
3.I know that rushing with Borillo or Armadrillo are hard to counter with Epsilon in early game unless you get access to mind control. If you think about it, Every faction has its own weakness its like that. If you think your opponent will rush u with those type of units plan ahead and get Mind Control before that.
4. Don't you follow Speeder's twitter post? There will be a mobile grinder unit in 3.3.5 :thumbsupcool:
5. I faced that problem to in multiplayer because of lag. But single-player i don't face such problems.
6. I can't understand AA units destroying walls. But colossus need to be a role for anti armor. HQ don't have good t3 anti armor units.
7. Do you want players to spam psychic towers for less money?? Or just turtle instead of actually fighting?? I don't think so.
8. Well I don't wanna make Epsilon to get guranteed way to get stolen techs as most people use walls to cover there tech buildings.

Game is fine as it is now, Except Foehn. They deserve a nerf. :smile2ap: Please nerf them Speeder.

But I have faced the a problem u suggest..
A single centurion with 2 repair drone destroyed my whole psicorps base. As in late game psicorps really don't have real fire powers.

Edited by MasterLeaf1, 24 August 2020 - 05:24 AM.

#4969 Zhang Jian

Zhang Jian
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 12:59 PM

I actually want every faction to have 2nd hero or epic unit. That would really make gameplay fun. Just a suggestion, Don't take it serious...

I have standardized heroes/heroines and epic units: 1 each subfaction has either two heroes or one hero + one epic; 2 in every faction two subfactions are one hero + one epic and one subfaction is two heroes; 3 all heroes and epics have obvious shortcomings, but every duo (either two heroes or one hero + one epic) is (almost) all-round; 4 every epic has special connections with its subfaction (support powers, units, etc.)

#4970 Zhang Jian

Zhang Jian
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 01:09 PM

2. Add extra repair way for Irkalla while Centurion has Repair Drone and Plasmerizer has engineer:
Irkalla can double the repair speed for 20 seconds by manually deploying, but cannot move or fire during the period. (Not available in Godsend)

I have introduced a new support power for Antarctic Castles (AC): "Castles In The Air".
All friendly AC subfactional aircraft, i.e. Dybbuk-Es, Plumed Basilisks and Irkalla, halves the damage they receive for a period of time, like Kinetic Barrier.

#4971 Zhang Jian

Zhang Jian
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 01:21 PM

But I have faced the a problem u suggest..

A single centurion with 2 repair drone destroyed my whole psicorps base. As in late game psicorps really don't have real fire powers.

Dybbuk-Attacker (HP+, Heavy Aircraft?, Damage 30*2?; as T2, it should be the best anti-armor ordinary jets)

#4972 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 26 August 2020 - 08:28 AM

Yeah, PsiCorps is.... not exactly as straightforward as HQ, and I dare say even trickier to play than Scorpion Cell. I did notice that you did not make a mention of Magnetrons though. Those are probably the thing that I loathe the most when fighting against PsiCorps, and makes PsiCorps especially deadly against Foehn.

It's probably more because of engine limitation, but a magnetized infantry that was moving or is ordered to move will get stuck in their moving animation, disallowing any attempt to fire or do anything else. It's basically an EMP for them. Barring that, Magnetrons can get bring an entire tank division to a halt for Masterminds to control or for Marauders to pick off one by one. It's truly terrifying, these things. Just make sure you cover them with Archers to halt air units from destroying them. Coronia will probably be the only Foehn that will pose actual threat to you.

Edited by Handepsilon, 26 August 2020 - 08:30 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#4973 Kscsai890

Kscsai890
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 August 2020 - 10:32 AM

Can MADMAN be an unmanned vehicle? It's not hard for Foehn, right?

#4974 MasterLeaf1

MasterLeaf1
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 27 August 2020 - 12:55 PM

Can MADMAN be an unmanned vehicle? It's not hard for Foehn, right?

Wait, Isn't M.A.D.M.A.N already a unmanned vehicle??

#4975 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 06:16 AM

Lol no. It's a manned vehicle. When it detonates, you get a technician coming out of it unscatched, with the same voice as the MADMAN unit, but only says 'Yeah' and 'Okay'

The M.A.D.M.A.N works on the same principle the original vehicle that inspired it did back during the days of the Second Great War. Once deployed, the driver will trigger the detonation and exit the vehicle. After several short seconds, the unit will explode, creating a large shockwave that will sweep everything in its way. The warhead's design subverts some of the expectations regarding a powerful shockwave, as it is actually the weakest in its very center. This results in M.A.D.M.A.N.'s drivers surviving the few detonations of the vehicle that have already taken place.

Edited by Handepsilon, 28 August 2020 - 06:17 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#4976 MasterLeaf1

MasterLeaf1
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 10:13 AM

Then y M.A.D.M.A.N is immune Mind Control??

#4977 MasterLeaf1

MasterLeaf1
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 02:11 PM

The first thing I wanna see in 3.3.5 other than final missions and new units is a new playable colour. I really want chinese original SP color Tan to be added in skimish. Is "Tan" is that hard to read as text?? (Reference to the neon blue for Allies) Please Speeder add tan as a playable skimish color.

Edited by MasterLeaf1, 28 August 2020 - 02:59 PM.

#4978 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 02:17 AM

Then y M.A.D.M.A.N is immune Mind Control??

Same reason why heroes and some select sentient units are immune.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#4979 Jaghatai Khan

Jaghatai Khan
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 12:01 AM

May I enter my list of suggestions and feedbacks? Sorry that I am not a coder, I'M not aware of limitations of RA2-TS engine.

1-speed setting in single player. AT LEAST have a pause to stop, catch breath and assess the battlefield!

2-automating airstrikes until the planes die out(like guard area from Generals), perhaps even replenish as they die provided you have resources

3-Autorepair macro for all buildings(consumes resources). Warfront: Turning Point had it!

4-Shift click could make 5 production orders...

5-For God's sake just slow down the AI a bit. I CANT BREATHE

#4980 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 03:37 PM

Being able to toggle auto-repair on buildings would indeed be nice, when I play skirmish half of my time is spent clicking on my buildings to get them fixed, and it is a massive chore.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users