Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5127 replies to this topic

#5001 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 04 November 2020 - 07:48 AM

It does, but how's that gonna go, balance wise?

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#5002 Tempo7an

Tempo7an
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2020 - 04:18 PM

Gap Generator deploy ability should be removed. its range can be exploited by player without having to lose the additional power from deploy ability and still get the expanded range benefit (toggle back to normal mode doesnt shrink the shroud), the only case that this wouldnt works is that if tech sattelite is actived on opponent side.

79WMQ1I.gif

#5003 Zharakov

Zharakov
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  •  Everyone dies....But not everyone truly LIVES

Posted 16 November 2020 - 04:04 AM

A

#5004 Zharakov

Zharakov
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  •  Everyone dies....But not everyone truly LIVES

Posted 16 November 2020 - 04:07 AM

Gap Generator deploy ability should be removed. its range can be exploited by player without having to lose the additional power from deploy ability and still get the expanded range benefit (toggle back to normal mode doesnt shrink the shroud), the only case that this wouldnt works is that if tech sattelite is actived on opponent side.

Actually this is a darn good point

#5005 BotRot

BotRot
  • Members
  • 228 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega English Wiki on Fandom (formerly Wikia)
  •  Mental Omega Wiki Administrator & Contributor

Posted 23 November 2020 - 05:23 AM

In case you want to make Opus more interesting than just a beefier transport for infantry....

Instead of a secondary barrel for Opus when an infantry is loaded, a weaker, but earlier version of the Amnesia ray is installed instead. In terms of gameplay however, it reduces enemy infantry firepower in an area, similar to Bulldog's flashbang before v3.3.5. 

It not only fits in with the lore of Opus (in particular, "a tank emerged that sported a bizarre and untested experimental turret"), but also HQ's infantry-focused doctrine.

hT8PHUN.gif

#5006 Verthunder

Verthunder
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 01:00 PM

Dears , Here cameo's change proposal:

https://imgur.com/mjHtcGDcameos 23.11.2020.png

Edited by Verthunder, 23 November 2020 - 01:14 PM.

#5007 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 01:56 PM

This is basically just reverting stuffs tho

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#5008 Verthunder

Verthunder
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 03:37 AM

This is basically just reverting stuffs tho

U are right but it's so hard to create something beautiful and clear like original ones <3 :thumbsupcool: 

Navy Seal vanilla cameo seal vanilla.png  - The man on this picture is wearing on diver suit - that reminds that unit can swim and its versatile unit. Thats why i think the vanilla cameo still good one and dont need to be changed.

Chrono Legionnaire vanilla cameo chrono leg vanilla.png - Its the most perfect looking cameo ever seen (imo). What was the main reason to change it?

Terror Drone Vanilla cameo terror drone vanilla.png - The vanilla picture looks very clear! so perfect! I have no idea why this one was replaced by new a little "blurred" cameo pic.

Floating Disc , Kirov kirov and floating disc vanilla.png  - I guess the main reason for the changing original cameos it was due to armour color changed previously for that units ?

Mercury Uplink vanilla cameo mercury uplink vanilla.png - looks like "Mercury Uplink" from Mental Omega but at the light of sunset , still good.

About the "Allied MCV MO cameo" allied mcv.png in my proposal cameo i widened the truck cabin and increased the visibility of the back fender.( more suited to the unit visible in the game.)
About the "Demo Truck MO cameo" demo truck2.png Its my personal propose. I prepared it based on the original "Demolition Truck" from the vanilla game.
About the "Qlin Tank cameo" qilin tank.png I created new cameo based on the vanilla "Rhino tank " from the vanilla game (doubled tank barrel).

P.S
The above content are my suggestions and reflections that may be useful or not. don't blame me for disagreeing with something.   :evgr:

Verthunder Kamil

#5009 Allied Commander ???

Allied Commander ???

Tweaks INI and MIX files

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 06:13 AM

Vanilla RA2 cameos are nice but I think MO cameos are designed on the basis of a specific color palette / style for each faction, that’s why the devs had to change the vanilla cameos to match the entire set of units, infantries and buildings. I have to say they did the good job to give many vanilla units a new fresh and more refined look.

Nevertheless some of them can still be improved though, I remember they did try to revert some of the cameo back to vanilla style but as we see the color schemes changed to match with other units for the uniform look.

Edited by Allied Commander ???, 24 November 2020 - 06:16 AM.

#5010 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 07:49 AM

My opinion is same as Allied Commander. The Allied units' cameo are specifically designed with bluish colorization, the Soviet's have tan and snowy look, the Epsilon ones are dark-ish while the Foehn's are teal. I think it makes for a better coherence.

Also, I personally don't like the vanilla SEAL portrait. Kinda looks goofy. The new SEAL cameo kinda sells the military value and uniform more imo

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#5011 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 11:45 AM

Well. Most of the MO cameos for vehicles are based on the voxel image of their respective units. Voxel images are obviously quite pexelated and not very detailed, and the photo manipulation techniques necessary to resolve the former issue sometimes makes the later worse. There are more and more units, though, that get their 3d renders, maybe one day we'll have nicer looking cameos made using them. High-quality fan art can also serve as the basis of cameos.

Edited by Divine, 24 November 2020 - 11:46 AM.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#5012 Tempo7an

Tempo7an
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 06:26 PM

personally I prefer the scuba suit for SEAL more. SEAL uniform are based on terrain they are in, to set the cameo to the one of terrains is a bit too specific. and like Verthunder said it also does give off what the unit actually are without having to rely on the symbols that MO add. I still dont know why we need these amphibious/stealth detect/spy detect symbols why give a special treatment to these 3? can we have a LUL symbol on madman as well so newbie dont blow themselves up. the more player play the game they will eventually master it all anyway. only good they do is obstructing the view of already small cameo in long term. just good looking meaningful cameo and memorable name is enough for the player to work the rest out. right, Kuuwuwuuwuwuwu Dreadnought.

Edited by Tempo7an, 27 November 2020 - 06:27 PM.

79WMQ1I.gif

#5013 Allied Commander ???

Allied Commander ???

Tweaks INI and MIX files

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 02 December 2020 - 07:24 AM

Some Subfaction specific unit / infantry derivatives should have their own unit voice set, RA3 is a good source to take from:

Eradicator: RA3 Desolator

Shock trooper: RA3 Tesla trooper

#5014 flack

flack
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 December 2020 - 05:33 AM

With the new update, it seems foehn will be the only faction with a defense boost structure (nanocoat regulator) that can be build without limit. Considering the attack boost tower of the allies is now just limited to 1.

Edited by flack, 03 December 2020 - 05:34 AM.

#5015 CrimsonRaider

CrimsonRaider
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 02:17 PM

They increased its radius, but only 1 is not enough. Probably 3? Or 2 just like Iron guard.
Also capping the chimera core and signal inhibitor's build limit to 3 (2) too would be great. You just litter your base with inhibitors and not a single support/superpower can be used.

#5016 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 05:39 PM

Consider adding entries for the Hydra Cannon and Tank Killer under the Soviet Units category on the official website.

Addendum: I think the old cameo icon for Libra was vastly superior to the new one. It fit the color scheme of the other icons better, and generally speaking, it was more stylish. Is it just me?

Edited by Divine, 17 December 2020 - 03:44 PM.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#5017 Malekron

Malekron
  • Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 06:38 PM

How about a support ability tied to the Ore Processor that sacrificing 25% more money for Elite vehicles. Or the Cloning Vats that sacrifices the ability to duplicate free infantry for elite infantry.

#5018 Codename_Ramiel

Codename_Ramiel
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 December 2020 - 04:11 PM

Can I just ask why according to the unit page that Conscripts are still using  PPSh-41 SMGs?  :whathuh:

Wouldn't it make sense for them to AK rifles like the AK74 while Boris using AKM? I am just asking as it is 1982 in terms of the start of the campaign and Russia stopped using the PPSh in 1947, replaced by the AK47.

TBH its more a lore thing than anything  <^_^

#5019 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

Hellish.Calculative.Eccentric.Dedicated.

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Projects:Command and Conquer 5:Tiberian Destiny(In incubation stage at present)
  •  PsiCorps Proselyte.A mind is a terrible thing to waste. I like Epsilon Headquarters also.

Posted 28 December 2020 - 02:46 PM

Can I just ask why according to the unit page that Conscripts are still using  PPSh-41 SMGs?  :whathuh:

Wouldn't it make sense for them to AK rifles like the AK74 while Boris using AKM? I am just asking as it is 1982 in terms of the start of the campaign and Russia stopped using the PPSh in 1947, replaced by the AK47.

TBH its more a lore thing than anything  <^_^

You have a point there.

Though Russia could have a special variant using RPK LMGs.
"Just die already!"-Libra

#5020 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 29 December 2020 - 07:36 AM

Well to be fair, with how Soviet got defeated in RA1, it might make sense for some technology to be slightly set back

Also would explain why Conscripts are so utterly useless ingame :p

Addendum: I think the old cameo icon for Libra was vastly superior to the new one. It fit the color scheme of the other icons better, and generally speaking, it was more stylish. Is it just me?

De-animefication?

Edited by Handepsilon, 29 December 2020 - 07:39 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users