Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5127 replies to this topic

#81 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:24 PM

As for the aircraft, Dustdevils CAN be shot down from the air. Also all other Soviet factions can make them, so as I said, the uniqueness in the LC's smoke mechanic is all but a memory of the past

Oh, I thought you were talking about the plane coming from LC's support power

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#82 Bernadiroe

Bernadiroe

Pepperoni

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 05:59 AM

Haihead is seriously bad at turtling apparently... I guess they are the types which go frontal attacks.

Their Shadray seems the weakest (since it only effective against air infantries it seems, and enemy most of the time only sending air units) of any anti-airs.

The Shadray deals good damage at good range. It's the GDI Disruptor Tank 2.0. Level any building and kill anything in between as well. Air units are going to hate this thing as well, so it's only good that it's made of paper.

I mean their damage, not their armor/health bar. They deal good damage against air infantries, but against air units (like Kirovs and Quetzal) I need 8 to destroy 1 in 2 waves of their rays. Whilst other anti-air units like Aeroblaze or Sentinel can easily destroy both air units and air infantries. Or is that intended..? I start seeing Shadray like the cousin of Blizzard tank. They have their main purpose but the anti-air feature is just a weak addition to their main feature.

If that's the case then I'm sorry.

EDIT: Oh also it's quite weird how Shadray deal good amount of damage to land units and great damage to land/air infantries, but negligible to air units like Kirovs. So far I thought the armor type of both land units like tanks and air units like Kirovs share the same type of armor (weak to anti-armor weaponry, strong to anti-infantry).

I thought there are 2 kinds of "Anti-Air" weaponry, Anti-Air[Armor] and Anti-Air[Infantry].

Edited by Bernadiroe, 21 December 2016 - 06:04 AM.

#83 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 21 December 2016 - 07:51 AM

You can assume that with Light, Medium, Heavy armor on land, a F_Light, F_Medium and F_Heavy armor for aircraft may exist as well.

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#84 Schottkey 7th Path

Schottkey 7th Path
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:43 AM

I am loving how the Foehn plays after figuring out how to no longer bankrupt myself. and love playing with infantry.

Anyways. I think Foehn's method of infantry healing is a bit too convoluted and pretty inconvenient. Since the Huntress, while powerful, requires a kill to activate their infantry healing. they rely on an enemy infantry to be sacrificed. or yours and the cheapest being Clairvoyants and Engineers at 300 credits to be used as sacrifice. Devour and Nanocharge requires a payment to be used if want to use them to heal. Compared to the medics of the allies and the Drakuvs of the Soviets. both striaightforward and require at least one purchase and can heal as long as they are still alive. also with the high cost of their infantry (500 credits for knightframe compared to the second expensive basic infantry: Initiate at 150) Foehn is in need of a more reliable method of healing infantry.  Perhaps an unarmed amphibious APC with a healing aura like the drakuv? (which should also help with some transportation issues of the Foehn)

>>>>>>>> Unoffical compliation of upcoming features for the next MO Release https://forums.revor...-see/?p=1033314 <<<<<<<<

#85 nikitazero678

nikitazero678
  • Members
  • 116 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega APYR Wiki
  •  Observer and Watcher

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:49 AM

I have two suggestions to make the game more balanced in my opinion:

1. The effect of infiltration units (Spies/Saboteurs/Infiltrators/Clairvoyants) on enemy Barracks and War Factories changed due to the inclusion of veterancy tech structures to revealing what infantry/unit are being trained/produced by the enemy, like how the ConYard reveals what structure are being build by the enemy.
  2. Ghost Miner's ore capacity reduced to between Chrono Miners and War Miners (up to 750 ore or 1500 gem); possible explanation for this is due to their onboard Chimera Core.

Also, I would like to see stolen tech infantries to make a return, perhaps acquired alongside stolen tech units.

#86 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 21 December 2016 - 04:04 PM

RevealProduction is crap. It only reveals if the factory is set to primary last time I checked.
kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#87 ayashialien

ayashialien
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 04:09 PM

Hail to all mighty mods.

Can you make build menu and mini map sizable?

Since MO supports very high resolution, minimap and build menu items becomes really small and very hard to use.

Thank you

#88 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  • Projects:Doom Desire
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 21 December 2016 - 05:37 PM

Menu and minimap size can't be changed. Even if it could, i doubt it would be.
Plus, you already get an incredible advantage vs other people when you play on a higher resolution than them, so you shouldn't even need a minimap.
ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

#89 hxazgalor

hxazgalor

Rear Admiral, 17th Imperial Fleet

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • Projects:MO Wikia, Fan Fiction Works on AO3, Tiberium Cruentus
  •  Writer/Thinker/Gamer

Posted 22 December 2016 - 12:15 AM

Personally, I felt that limiting the tech tree when capturing an enemy MCV was a good move. Captured bases would make for extending forward operations to be closer to the battlefield, and not so much a chance to overpower your forces with appropriated enemy tech.

Not that I'm complaining, I do like tinkering with enemy tech too; it's just a thought

I Write Stuff. Sorta.

AO3: https://archiveofour...vericklaw/works

#90 Bernadiroe

Bernadiroe

Pepperoni

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 06:30 AM

Maybe make a change on the Wormqueen's lightnings when it's on Elite? Just different color (yellow and white maybe), no need to make it chaining.

Also is there any effect on the leftover bolts around the enemy (the squirmy lil bolts forming like an aura of some sort) that got struck by its bolts?

#91 XoGamer

XoGamer

Strategically Losing

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  i won already

Posted 22 December 2016 - 11:13 AM

One guy on Moddb was complaining about Kirovs being too powerful:
He said that they had too much health for how much they cost, their advanced anti-air counters cost more than the kirov and they do too much damage with their bombs and when they are falling down.
Also, he suggested that this was too much worry for something that can destroy your base very easily and only MIGHT be sent to your base.

Personally, I disagree but if you have differing views, discuss.

Edited by XoGamer, 22 December 2016 - 11:15 AM.

"I cast a deadly shadow." - Apocalypse

#92 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 11:26 AM

I kinda dislike the increase in speed of Kirov.

Play skirmish 4vs4 team game and you'll see how Soviet AI win the game. By spamming xxx Kirovs and caught the other AI off guard. Blow the conyard and WF and lol AI is gone for good.

Said enemy AI don't know how to build walls of AA next to each other to stop them because they're not humans, so it's like that most of the time. A cheap victory.

A human players will fend off this kind of attack without much problems, but this unit have a big chance of screwing up the long siege PVE games.

Note: This doesn't apply to meteor shower, because the warfactory clone cheat allows multiple MCVs.

Edited by X1Destroy, 22 December 2016 - 11:29 AM.

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#93 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 22 December 2016 - 12:27 PM

Only time i had problems with kirovs is when i was caught off guard or someone moved it in invisible spots behind me, like top edge of map. Note that MO is balanced in terms of multiplayer, not vs AI

#94 Plasma_Wolf

Plasma_Wolf
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 02:43 PM

Haihead is seriously bad at turtling apparently... I guess they are the types which go frontal attacks.

Their Shadray seems the weakest (since it only effective against air infantries it seems, and enemy most of the time only sending air units) of any anti-airs.

The Shadray deals good damage at good range. It's the GDI Disruptor Tank 2.0. Level any building and kill anything in between as well. Air units are going to hate this thing as well, so it's only good that it's made of paper.

I mean their damage, not their armor/health bar. They deal good damage against air infantries, but against air units (like Kirovs and Quetzal) I need 8 to destroy 1 in 2 waves of their rays. Whilst other anti-air units like Aeroblaze or Sentinel can easily destroy both air units and air infantries. Or is that intended..? I start seeing Shadray like the cousin of Blizzard tank. They have their main purpose but the anti-air feature is just a weak addition to their main feature.

If that's the case then I'm sorry.

EDIT: Oh also it's quite weird how Shadray deal good amount of damage to land units and great damage to land/air infantries, but negligible to air units like Kirovs. So far I thought the armor type of both land units like tanks and air units like Kirovs share the same type of armor (weak to anti-armor weaponry, strong to anti-infantry).

I thought there are 2 kinds of "Anti-Air" weaponry, Anti-Air[Armor] and Anti-Air[Infantry].

The biggest point of a dual-purpose unit is that it can't be as good as the equivalent single-purpose units. Otherwise it would be really really OP. So that's why it makes sense that the Shadray isn't as good against Kirovs as the Sentinel or Aeroblaze.

However, the heavy air units are also slow, so you can outrun them with your Shadrays. Heavy Air and Shadrays are simply not each others counter.

I've been a bit too happy with the Shadrays in the last games I played. If you're not careful you'll lose them all way too quickly. So that's a good thing I think. High risk, high reward.

One guy on Moddb was complaining about Kirovs being too powerful:
He said that they had too much health for how much they cost, their advanced anti-air counters cost more than the kirov and they do too much damage with their bombs and when they are falling down.
Also, he suggested that this was too much worry for something that can destroy your base very easily and only MIGHT be sent to your base.

Personally, I disagree but if you have differing views, discuss.

I did notice the Kirovs were faster. The problem with Kirovs is that they're high risk, high reward in a different way. These are strong but slow. If you're prepared for them, they'll never arrive and be a waste. If you're not prepared for them, it's game over. With their speed improvement, you simply have less time to prepare for them.

I'm thinking buzzards in the case of Foehn, because a good group of those can deal with any sort of infantry, smaller tank groups and their AA is good enough. Plus, they fire while on the move and they're faster than Kirovs. In the case of the Allies, the Thor is quite good but you need more than one (obviously) and the Wolfhound for the Soviets is fun too. For Epsilon, I don't know.

In the original RA2, I found that the patriot missile was quite bad against Kirovs, but that doesn't seem to be the case in MO.

#95 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:21 PM

Just a few random thoughts about the Foehn support and superweapons. First of all, I think that the Harbinger Tower / Harbinger should not be a Coronia exclusive, but instead it should be the secondary superweapon for all Foehn factions. Unlike the Cronosphere, Iron Curtain and Rage Inductor, this is obviously an offensive power, but I think the vulnerability of the Harbinger Tower and the Harbinger itself is enough to balance it out. Consequently, the Harbinger Tower should have a build limit of 1. The Blasticade and the structures needed for it should become the new Coronia-exclusives.

BTW I noticed that the descriptions of some Foehn units mention "very heavy machine guns" as their weapons. This isn't exactly a professional categorisation, so maybe changing it to "flechette guns", would be a good idea, as the Knightframe refers to his ammunition as "flechettes".

Edited by Divine, 22 December 2016 - 04:19 PM.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#96 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:28 PM

Blasticade does not fit Coronia's themeNote its created that every of foehn subfactions have a superunit: Madman for HHead, Harbinger for Coronia, Boid for Last Bastion. Blasticade would purely fit LB forces. The only thing i agree with is build limit on Harbinger Tower.

#97 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:39 PM

Blasticade does not fit Coronia's themeNote its created that every of foehn subfactions have a superunit: Madman for HHead, Harbinger for Coronia, Boid for Last Bastion. Blasticade would purely fit LB forces. The only thing i agree with is build limit on Harbinger Tower.

The Harbinger is not a unique unit, you can't train it, it's simply a superweapon that's for some reason not classified as such at the moment. It can destroy multiple buildings, and while it can be shot down indeed, doing so before it does serious damage is next to impossible.

Edited by Divine, 22 December 2016 - 03:41 PM.

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron

#98 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:45 PM

From all the "defensive" superweapons, the Blasticade seems to be the most useless so far...

#99 Damfoos

Damfoos

When world domination haven't cured the emptiness inside

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 22 December 2016 - 06:39 PM

Agreed. Unlike the other 3, blasticade does not affect units or buildings, it is just an immobile invincible wall which can only be built near your base or near your expansions. Good for turtling I guess, but usually you can't wall off the entire base, so it will only slow down the attackers. And while Chronosphere, IC and Rage will greatly synergize with your strike force in assault, Blasticade won't help you in anything but defending your base. May be a good thing for LB, but how the other 2 factions (especially the offensive Haihead) benefit from its use? The only thing that comes to mind is an unexpected ambush of SCUDs, Kirovs, Basilisks and so on, but even then, Blasticade won't stay online forever.

Though usefulness of other 3 support SWs isn't as great as before, since you can't use them to kill enemy infantry anymore nor can you sink enemy tanks/miners anymore. Speaking of changes, is there a full changelog? Change of support SWs was quite a surprise.

#100 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 06:55 PM

For the record, I managed to build a defence that stopped the Harbinger after it shot only at most 2 times. An unholy amount of gatling tanks, 6 salamanders, and a blob of 18 walled-in Gehennas (because they are retarded and wander away otherwise). 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users