Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5127 replies to this topic

#1521 UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:11 PM

Can there be a tech share game type but with stolen tech units, like ultimate alliance.

Also, Can challenges have tech share, just to make them slightly easier.

Finally, speeder or any mentalmeister is it possible if i could borrow the voxol model (or some 3d render) for the harbinger. I like the look of it and i want to 3d print it. If not, thats fine.

#1522 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:13 PM

The first suggestion was just added with the current patch.

#1523 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 18 July 2017 - 02:30 AM

I think he meant something like Ultimate Alliance, but with your faction only like Tech Share.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#1524 UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:46 AM

I think he meant something like Ultimate Alliance, but with your faction only like Tech Share.

Thats what i meant

#1525 qwe91290880

qwe91290880
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 04:32 AM

Hey there:
I'm a Chinese senior .
I found that modifying the file cheating is still very serious in cncnet , and some of these people even share their experience and files to the others. (3.3.2)
And I want to share with you a way to stop cheaters .
It is an shelled example folder , you can open it in winrar , but when it decompressed , you can't open it but programs can , I hope this way may help them stop cheating .
-- :P
Forgive my bad English 

#1526 TeslaCruiser

TeslaCruiser

Elitist condescending prick, Arrogant cunt

• Members
  • 324 posts
  •  mp bot

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:34 AM

what kind of cheaters have you encountered in 3.3.2?

#1527 qwe91290880

qwe91290880
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:07 AM

Modifiy rulesmo.ini to build units like Stardust and Topol-M .  
819dd500baa1cd11a69c2cb2b312c8fcc3ce2d3f
b0ab11ce36d3d539734435543087e950342ab0e9
And what I know for modify StoleTech in 3.3.2 , will show warn messages . :|

#1528 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:27 AM

It's.....a desktop.ini?

I don't know, but that feels like a fishy thing...

As for cheatings, maybe you should start looking for the red warning message, unless you installed that 1k map pack that modifies MentalOmegaMaps.ini, in which case....

...well, IMO it's a bad example on how to insert a custom map anyways. You should've put it on Maps/Custom, not MOMaps/...

Edited by Handepsilon, 19 July 2017 - 09:28 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#1529 qwe91290880

qwe91290880
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:31 AM

It's.....a desktop.ini?

As for cheatings, maybe you should start looking for the red warning message, unless you installed that 1k map pack that modifies MentalOmegaMaps.ini, in which case....

...well, IMO it's a bad example on how to insert a custom map anyways. You should've put it on Maps/Custom, not MOMaps/...

unzip it and try to open the folder , of course you can't open it , but in rar view can

#1530 qwe91290880

qwe91290880
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:42 AM

Edit:It's my friend complained to me things above , I seldom play it and tried in public channel,I can still build Cyborg,without warn.
But other things I didn't test , and the most cheater in China still play with 3.3.1
Things weren't serious enough, thanks for caring about it. :D
I'm gonna to go back to school tomorrow and I guess I can't answer you guys these months,
Thanks for wasting your time read my poor English :p

#1531 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:14 AM

It's.....a desktop.ini?

unzip it and try to open the folder , of course you can't open it , but in rar view can

I know that...

...but what is that .ini supposed to do? I can't just implement some alien thing and expect it to be safe.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#1532 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:14 PM

Edit:It's my friend complained to me things above , I seldom play it and tried in public channel,I can still build Cyborg,without warn.
But other things I didn't test , and the most cheater in China still play with 3.3.1
Things weren't serious enough, thanks for caring about it. :D
I'm gonna to go back to school tomorrow and I guess I can't answer you guys these months,
Thanks for wasting your time read my poor English :p

1. It's totally possible to imitate the extraction process to get a copy of INI files

2. One can apply the same compression procedure to a modified INI, rendering this 'protection' useless.

3. If all above doesn't work, one can crack the client directly, it's written in clear c# and easy to disassemble.

So long as the cheater have full access to his client and internet connection, non of these actually works. The only perfect solution is to obfuscate the entire client, which is possible but not for now.

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#1533 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:21 PM

Hey there:
I'm a Chinese senior .
I found that modifying the file cheating is still very serious in cncnet , and some of these people even share their experience and files to the others. (3.3.2)
And I want to share with you a way to stop cheaters .
It is an shelled example folder , you can open it in winrar , but when it decompressed , you can't open it but programs can , I hope this way may help them stop cheating .
-- :P
Forgive my bad English 

35860337602_3f32e7e57c_z.jpg

And how come I opened this without any problem? Don't decompress it on your desktop, and use another text editor.

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#1534 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:24 PM

I'm amazed that having fun with stuffs that are not available officially is now equated to cheating. Yeah, just because one was "cheating" in a game with you, let's prevent all others from accessing the files regardless of them playing with you or not.

All hail competitive MP master race?

Edited by X1Destroy, 19 July 2017 - 10:27 PM.

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#1535 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:35 PM

I'm amazed by the fact that your brain capacity cannot compile the facts that ini cheating was a problem for which some of players refused to play MP and you are mad because issue that people were complaining about since 3.3.0 was finally adressed and fixed.

All hail retarded selfish MP haters.

#1536 GuardianGI

GuardianGI
  • Members
  • 214 posts
  •  Just a warmongering peacekeeper...

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:51 PM

I'm amazed that having fun with stuffs that are not available officially is now equated to cheating. Yeah, just because one was "cheating" in a game with you, let's prevent all others from accessing the files regardless of them playing with you or not.

Oh sure... Let's see... Getting attacked by campaign-only units... Getting nuked by a Topol-M...
This is what happened to some people playing in actual ONLINE MP matches, and guess how much complaining was done because of the idiots who decided to bring cheating online. Imagine if you were playing a normal map when the AI suddenly had all superweapons that were hidden offscreen suddenly firing at you without warning when you didn't even reach tier 2...

Also... All hail competitive MP master race?

I hate to say this, but are you suggesting that ini-cheating should be a normal way of life?

NO THANKS!

(At the same time, due to your... loneliness(?), I guess you will never even get a chance to do the co-ops...)

Edited by GuardianGI, 19 July 2017 - 10:52 PM.

Don't mind me, I'm just pretty broke nowadays...

Spoiler

#1537 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:06 PM

What a sad world we're living in. People getting mad like theirs grandmother kick the bucket just because of an oppinion. Playing a game that never get to have more than 1000 people online at a time is certainly something worth killing for to protect it.

And no, I'm not mad one bit about this. I just think it's funny. And no, I don't hate multiplayer. I hate people who got too serious in a 17 years old game to the point that they will think that people who don't share theirs view have intelligence less than that of an animal.

@Guardian G.I: I play coops with my buddies who never visit this place. During 3.0 we used to play test with modded inis with every bit of nonsenses in the game, just for fun and giggles. There are times I tried to have some crazy shits that you spoke off, but I just laughed it off then make something else. These days my internet sucks, so I stop playing MP altogther. Lonely? Nope. If we want to play coop, we can get our rigs near each others and use LAN. So here you go.

And no, I'm not against stopping cheating. The real ones, in your competitive matches. I'm against the method of locking everything together and force all people to either play with how you want, or don't touch the mod at all.

Edited by X1Destroy, 19 July 2017 - 11:18 PM.

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#1538 GuardianGI

GuardianGI
  • Members
  • 214 posts
  •  Just a warmongering peacekeeper...

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:14 PM

My reply to your first paragraph:
Most opinions are actually ok, but opinions that support online cheating?
Really? I don't think you will be happy if your PC get hacked, right? That's how people felt when they had to face ini-cheaters...

My reply to your second paragraph:
Ironically, you are one of the people whom you actually hate, considering that your replies are normally pretty serious-sounding, just to let you know...

Don't mind me, I'm just pretty broke nowadays...

Spoiler

#1539 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:16 PM

"Allow me to complain about devs fixing an critical issue that wasnt affecting me in any way because im dont play multi."

As if you werent a subject of jokes enough you pull out this.

Playing a game that never get to have more than 1000 people online at a time is certainly something worth killing for to protect it.

MO is one of most active games not just on C&CNet but C&C overall.. And its not even a original game - it's a mod. So i think that reaching 230+ is an achievement.

BTW im still waiting for you to list RTS games with active multiplayer that take their balance changes from campaign/skirmishes.

Edited by CLAlstar, 19 July 2017 - 11:19 PM.

#1540 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  • Projects:Doom Desire
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:17 PM

You'll be even more amazed when i tell you that, out of all people not touching the multiplayer, you are the main reason why the competitive crowd complains about "no-multiplayer" people.
You are also completely missing the point on those changes (like, the target is in front of you and you're shooting back). It doesn't even affect you in any way (you can still play with modified inis with friends if you want), yet you still find a reason to whine.

Edited by mevitar, 19 July 2017 - 11:20 PM.

ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users