#961 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:04 AM

1) The game spontaneously minimizes a lot for me. That sure beats outright crashes (of which I've only had a few), and it's easy to maximize again, but it's still a bit irritating. Does anyone else have this issue?

Probably one of your background programs is the offender here. What is usually running there while you're playing?

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#962 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 03:27 AM

On Epsilon Act 1 Mission 2 Accelerant, the unmanned Tigers are unable to be captured by Engineers.  

#963 BotRot

BotRot
  • Members
  • 228 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega English Wiki on Fandom (formerly Wikia)
  •  Mental Omega Wiki Administrator & Contributor

Posted 21 June 2018 - 03:39 AM

On Epsilon Act 1 Mission 2 Accelerant, the unmanned Tigers are unable to be captured by Engineers.  

If I recall correctly, they can however be mind-controlled. Weird, unless they aren't unmanned after all.

Or it's intentional in the name of balance, the mission will be far easier with several of those vehicles that are permanently in control of the player.

hT8PHUN.gif

#964 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 02:39 PM

If I recall correctly, they can however be mind-controlled. Weird, unless they aren't unmanned after all.

Or it's intentional in the name of balance, the mission will be far easier with several of those vehicles that are permanently in control of the player.

Ah, that should make it that you can capture the Tigers so you can use them (or put old RA1 vehicles there as a sort of flashback) :p 

#965 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 21 June 2018 - 03:01 PM

Archon drivers finally got a proper hideout for their feast :p

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#966 Kirov_Fury

Kirov_Fury
  • Members
  • 203 posts
  •  We need more funding !!!

Posted 23 June 2018 - 10:40 AM

Hello,
Is there a way to prevent random dark tilesets in Insomnia after parasox engine is deactivated or the game is reloaded ?
Does any other fellow members experience such a minor bug ?

#967 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,992 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 23 June 2018 - 10:42 AM

At the moment there isn't.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#968 mrvecz

mrvecz
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 08:45 AM

Foehn AI at lower tech levels is capable of constructing Neutralizers, so its like Epsilon AI. This makes ground assaults borderline impossible as anything you throw at it will get ripped apart from long range.

#969 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 29 June 2018 - 02:15 PM

Foehn AI at lower tech levels is capable of constructing Neutralizers, so its like Epsilon AI. This makes ground assaults borderline impossible as anything you throw at it will get ripped apart from long range.

AI always ignores tech prerequisites since vanilla RA2. Neutralizers are weak against infantry, so a blob of any basic anti-armor infantry or t2 siege infantry will do the job fine.

#970 Sammy Stallion

Sammy Stallion
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 08:57 AM

1) The game spontaneously minimizes a lot for me. That sure beats outright crashes (of which I've only had a few), and it's easy to maximize again, but it's still a bit irritating. Does anyone else have this issue?

Probably one of your background programs is the offender here. What is usually running there while you're playing?

Unless you mean a process not even listed in the task bar, often none besides the folder and launcher.

Also, I notice that in the Soviet Mission, Meltdown, Yuri's Flying Fortress suddenly starts attacking my units and leaving its landing pad to do so. Is that a bug? It certainly seems like something that could make the mission impossible, since it would force you to either kill it or get killed by it.

#971 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 30 June 2018 - 09:42 AM

Unless you mean a process not even listed in the task bar, often none besides the folder and launcher.

Also, I notice that in the Soviet Mission, Meltdown, Yuri's Flying Fortress suddenly starts attacking my units and leaving its landing pad to do so. Is that a bug? It certainly seems like something that could make the mission impossible, since it would force you to either kill it or get killed by it.

Ctrl-Alt-Delete and view your processes in the second tab. There should be ~50 of them at least.

Talking about the bug, can you reproduce it? If so, this will be quite a critical, describe it in detail and let's hope the devs can fix it before 3.3.4 release

#972 Sammy Stallion

Sammy Stallion
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 10:35 AM

Yes; I have a save file that it keeps happening on.

Exactly what is happening to wake up the fortress, besides my units being nearby, I'm not sure--and they can be nearby for a long time with no apparent effect on the fortress, then suddenly it attacks.

If it helps, I set up the Stalin's Fist nearby and built some TIGRs with it; perhaps these were supposed to hold their fire against the fortress but don't. That's just a theory, though, and I don't think I've ever seen them shoot at the fortress without an order.

Edit: Is there a way to identify which save file is the one I made right before the issue occurs?  Looking at the Saved Games folder, it seems that only some of them have references to the mission names, which I'm assuming are the starting files.  I'd like to find and upload a file from later in that mission.

Edited by Sammy Stallion, 01 July 2018 - 01:27 AM.

#973 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 02:56 AM

Actually, you can still attempt to run Chitzkoi to it. The trigger should only checks for his position on the landing pad, not proximity to the Irkalla.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#974 StolenTech

StolenTech

title available

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 07:09 AM

crate.jpg

Soviet Co-op : Burned alive, that crate can't be taken. 

#975 Sammy Stallion

Sammy Stallion
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 07:24 PM

Actually, you can still attempt to run Chitzkoi to it. The trigger should only checks for his position on the landing pad, not proximity to the Irkalla.

Ok, but if the Irkalla is destroyed, does that fail me? If so, this is still a game-breaking bug, as the thing starts attacking my forces long before they've conquered enough territory to get Chitzkoi to the landing pad.

Edited by Sammy Stallion, 02 July 2018 - 07:27 PM.

#976 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 12:06 AM

Yeah, quite.

I guess the only way to prevent this is by making the irkalla belong to a faction that also allies with the player as well, so it will not actively engage them

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#977 Fortranm

Fortranm
  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 05:25 AM

I encountered a softlock in Attack on Buggy. To be exact, there is no more Buggies entering the map yet the map doesn't get extended. I don't think it happened because I was playing with an AI teammate since I have done that before.

Edited by Fortranm, 08 July 2018 - 05:27 AM.

#978 mrvecz

mrvecz
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:47 PM

(4) Death Valley Girl map has misplaced flags in gamemodes like Assault, position 2 and 3 have swapped their places so you have a flag inside of enemy base, position 1 and 4 are normal.

#979 flack

flack
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 09:26 PM

I encountered a softlock in Attack on Buggy. To be exact, there is no more Buggies entering the map yet the map doesn't get extended. I don't think it happened because I was playing with an AI teammate since I have done that before.

Had the same problem, I posted this a while ago, hope it gets addressed...

#980 Carpotum

Carpotum
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 05:41 AM

There are serious issues with the AI of the Topol-M towards the end of Focus Shift, when you get to the last destroyed bridge. I had to repeatedly reload this section because the Topol-M would frequently stall completely at various parts, and at one point even started going back the path it came. At first, it just stopped at the bridge and wouldn't move, even after I killed all enemies. Then it stopped at the corner on the left leading into the canyon. Then it stopped some ways into the canyon. It seemed like certain obstructions would at times cause these things, but it was never really consistent. I'm also not sure if it's supposed to go north or south, because this playthrough depicts it moving south:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users