• Please log in to reply
626 replies to this topic

#181 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:10 AM

Ow... well, i dont know if ill be able to download correct version. cx

And can i ask you? Or thats to insolent?

#182 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:04 AM

It doesn't need to be any correct version. CSF is a rather common file afaik.

Also, you're playing rather too safe here. You have to be a bit more radical if you want to achieve anything :D

Edited by Handepsilon, 05 October 2017 - 08:04 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#183 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:20 AM

It doesn't need to be any correct version. CSF is a rather common file afaik.

Also, you're playing rather too safe here. You have to be a bit more radical if you want to achieve anything :D

Concidering that people commonly choose to ban me or just going offence. Ill try to be more Persevering :D

Btw, ive done the centurion script... 10-x is normal. Time to assign all left scripts, and, made the "dialoge" with that programm abowe, and try to release it.
For adwance - this challenge is not easy. Also, it has some... secrets. One is planning - enemy commander himself on nuke tank. How to face him - a secret, yet. ;)

Also, how to cover building in permanent Iron curtain, wich gone after you destroy another specific building. Just like shield command on Godsend.
And... "how much buildings of X type need to be destroyed in order to script to work"? scripts will be appreciated.

Also i need full music list present in game, as i forgot in wich directory files are.

Edited by John Carver, 05 October 2017 - 08:27 AM.

#184 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:43 AM

Hmm... how i suppose to add the line or make the file? As i dont understand fully

Also only RA2MD opens among others.

Edited by John Carver, 05 October 2017 - 08:45 AM.

#185 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:01 AM

Copy a preexisting csf, then empty and add stuff in. Try extracting the csf from the vanilla YR file with XCC Mixer

Or if it's a bit too complex, download my Traitorous Water ( :shiftee:) and get the csf inside it. Change the number and empty the stuff out while adding new ones with similar naming format.

Edited by Handepsilon, 05 October 2017 - 09:02 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#186 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:42 AM

Copy a preexisting csf, then empty and add stuff in. Try extracting the csf from the vanilla YR file with XCC Mixer

Or if it's a bit too complex, download my Traitorous Water ( :shiftee:) and get the csf inside it. Change the number and empty the stuff out while adding new ones with similar naming format.

Sure, ill try c:

#187 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:36 AM

So, i need to erase all, and paste my stuff? Sweet.

#188 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:45 AM

It is better to say "The next batch of Centurions will be produced in:", or 'Centurions will Arrive in:"? Or your suggestions?

#189 doctormedic

doctormedic

Giver of Demolition trucks

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:17 AM

As a warning if you want to share your ini edits so that other people can know how you made a new unit,do not share anything other than what you added in the ini file to make a unit have its special function.That means no sharing the rule ini itself.I got in quite the trouble for doing that so im bringing this up incase anyone else does this mistake.

Edited by doctormedic, 05 October 2017 - 11:18 AM.

#190 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:19 AM

As a warning if you want to share your ini edits so that other people can know how you made a new unit,do not share anything other than what you added in the ini file to make a unit have its special function.That means no sharing the rule ini itself.I got in quite the trouble for doing that so im bringing this up incase anyone else does this mistake.

Actually, i didnt planned it. I can release it, and can hold it, giving the map only to some individuals, who makes this too.

#191 doctormedic

doctormedic

Giver of Demolition trucks

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:22 AM

Maps should not be an issue,however be carefull not to post the rules.ini file in the discord or anywhere else or to someone untrustworthy,there is a reason why there are so many copies of mo which claim to be another mod and i may be responsible for spawning another one.

On the bright side i dont think sharing maps is a problem as long as you somehow have some special code from mo carried from it which is extremely unlikely.

#192 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:32 AM

Maps should not be an issue,however be carefull not to post the rules.ini file in the discord or anywhere else or to someone untrustworthy,there is a reason why there are so many copies of mo which claim to be another mod and i may be responsible for spawning another one.

On the bright side i dont think sharing maps is a problem as long as you somehow have some special code from mo carried from it which is extremely unlikely.

Well, after the challenge is done, ill maybe release v1 of the map. Without scripts, defence alligiance, and custom units. Or, ill share to checked map makers.

#193 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:50 PM

Okay... to be able to finish i need to know some thing:
Teams. How to specify all defences and some structures belong to team C, wich in alliance with team B (3 AI`s). So, incoming tanks from shaft will be team C, wich will be in alliance with team 3 B AI, wich will prevent friendly fire. How to defeat team C, by non easy way, for example, killing all defences or all specific buildings, theese shafts for example. And separate, wich, when triggered (by destroying other objects) spawn the nuke tank, and killing one will trigger sellout.
Well, i can describe better, if didnt understood.

How do you enable iron curtain/shield command effect at building, wich is wanishing when specific building destroyed. Evem temporary effect will do - ill made repeating script.

Script wich works after you destroyed, for example, 10 buildings of one type.

Script wich works after building destruction (e.g spawn depiloted tank in the place of factory or cyborgs).

#194 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:58 PM

You can safely post maps unless the map contains the whole RulesMO. And yes I've seen the phenomenon

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#195 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:58 PM

You can safely post maps unless the map contains the whole RulesMO. And yes I've seen the phenomenon

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#196 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:59 PM

When i finish, ill PM you with map. Ill not risk posting here

#197 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:17 AM

So, you know how to do scripts abowe? And i need a script for iron curtain (building invulnerablility), and team assignment (tell what player is, A B C D etc). Building destruction triggers - found and implemented. Do you know it, or at least say something about?

Edited by John Carver, 06 October 2017 - 08:46 AM.

#198 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:38 AM

Currently (today) im busy with reinforments scripts rewriting, so destruction of shafts will actually result disabling some reinforcments. This adds logic, and ability to get rid of annoying reinforcments. I hope ill make it till release of 3.3.3.

Edited by John Carver, 06 October 2017 - 09:39 AM.

#199 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:53 AM

Just posting this old video here :shiftee:

RadCenty.gif

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png